• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
He obviously consulted on the next Zelda game that is being developed by Monolithsoft. War has broken out among the races of Hyrule. Zelda must find a way to reclaim her throne while Link journeys to the Sacred Realm in his mech so kill the Three Goddesses.
will there be boobs in this zelda series written by George?

Phrozenflame500

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I was shocked when Thronesouls had a 30 minute playable sex scene during the tutorial, at first I didn't like it but looking back I think it added a lot to the narrative.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Really hoping From has 2 big reveals on deck for E3 in Lightning of Tomoe DLC and this new game (or another game, we had on good authority that Sekiro was #1 of 3 major From projects, no Deracine was not one)

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice & Fire universe
Ambiguous time period, far removed from canonical events of both the books and show
Open world, non-linear landmass and quest structure
Cities, villages, ruins, etc
Ultimate objective to travel to each kingdom and assassinate the ruler
Dark Souls / Sekiro hybrid; methodical melee combat like Dark Souls, enhanced stealth systems and navigation gear from Sekiro
Play as an assassin who worships the Many-Faced God, able to shapeshift your identity to get closer to targets
Dabble with dark, misunderstood magics from the Many-Faced God, Old Gods, and Lord of Light
I wish this was it, but it'll probably be a whole new universe (which is cool, but From doing a proper ASOIAF game with George involved would be incredible)

If he's consulting on it, then it has to be ASOIAF. He's not gonna do that for a new IP.
The cautious part of me says that his wording gives me a vibe of when the Red Dawn writer worked on Homefront; they had something similar to ASOIAF and brought him in to help them get it right. But if it is ASOIAF... Good lord

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Ambiguous time period, far removed from canonical events of both the books and show
Dark Souls / Sekiro hybrid; methodical melee combat like Dark Souls, enhanced stealth systems and navigation gear from Sekiro
Play as an assassin who worships the Many-Faced God, able to shapeshift your identity to get closer to targets
Dabble with dark, misunderstood magics from the Many-Faced God, Old Gods, and Lord of Light

giphy.gif

Hydrus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why not? In the same blog post it says he's working on other projects that having nothing to do with his IP.
A high budget title from a very large developer known for making fantasy games, it involves George Martin, and Game of Thrones just ended. Dude, its going to be ASOIAF.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
A high budget title from a very large developer known for making fantasy games, it involves George Martin, and Game of Thrones just ended. Dude, its going to be ASOIAF.
I doubt From Software is going to do a licensed title. Also, writers consult on projects that have nothing to do with their IP all the time and the OG leak would have mentioned it being asoiaf, because...that'd be pretty big.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of whether it's ASOIAF related or a new IP, it's definitely going to get a ton of attention.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I like my Valyria game idea, but.... fuck this is good too.

Why do we do this to ourselves ;_;

If he's consulting on it, then it has to be ASOIAF. He's not gonna do that for a new IP.
I think it's the other way around. Existing IPs can create licensing nightmares.

Yo, finish the books.
FOR REAL

I am both super excited at this and also incredibly annoyed. Much as I looooove FromSoft games, I'd rather have Winds than some fancy (even if cool) lore or quest storyline or whatever in a game, even in FromSoft's. Arrgh.

it's gonna be Wild Cards, isn't it..
LMAO, seven hells

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would lose my shit.

my shit

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017

I'm down.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Only on Era does consulting "mean a lot of things" lol. He isn't the lead writer nor even on the team, we know that now. And that made the most sense to begin with, so I'm not surprised. Writing novels and even screenplays can be a wildly different process from writing for a game.

I have no idea what gives you this idea. Money talks and in every language, Valyrian included, and Martin isn't stupid. But if that wasn't enough, he's already producing a show for HBO that's an adaption of another author's novel.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FromSoftware starts their games with everyone already dead, like what is GRRM going to do? Convince them to keep a few people alive a bit longer so that the player can helplessly watch their slaughter?

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Gain abilities from killing leaders from each kingdom?

I always dream about the megaman concept applied to a fantasy setting game.

Is it happening? Are they going to make Megaman Souls??

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you say that?
There seem to be a lot of room for it to fall under things that have nothing to do with Westeros. Most of the things he mentioned in that Tweet quote was about other things.

The tweet wasn't spoiler texted, so just in case.

""As a producer, I've got five shows in development at HBO (some having nothing whatsoever to do with the world of Westeros), two Hulu, one on the History Channel. I'm involved with a number of feature projects, some based upon my own stories and books, some on material created by others. There are these short films I'm hoping to make, adaptations of classic stories by one of the most brilliant, quirky, and original writers of our genre has ever produced. I've consulted on a video game out of Japan."

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Disappointment increases. I just want a Miyazaki game with an extremely vague story again with an oppressive atmosphere and cool monsters.

Edit: I saw that its probably not Game of Thrones related so *hype starts to return*

Last edited:

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
What if...

It's just a fantasy new IP - and GRRM was paid to consult to give some high-level suggestions, just so that Bandai Namco can aggressively market it as a new game that is co-created by the creator of GoT and Souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.