• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lirose

May 30, 2018
I really need a skip dialogue button. The new festival event is just going on and on. I don't understand why they have us select dialogue choice when Paimon just goes and says whatever anyway.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Global slowing down while CN is increasing sadly means Genshin is just gonna get more situations where if anything happens CN related, Global will just get fucked as well they already can't be bothered to not push the "alternate" outfits as the new defaults on Global.

Atleast Genshin seemed like it was huge enough globally that it wouldn't just be a Honkai repeat but I guess at some point its just gonna be the same.
People can only get excited about new husbando/waifu and region for some time.

The game feels stale as milk for quite some time now. I only keep playing it because I decided to commit with it until the end.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Holy jeez, I'm finally starting the Inazuma festival stuff so have the voices swapped to EN for some of the event characters, and I stg Paimon's voice is even screechier than the last time I heard it. It honestly kinda of hurts my ears to listen to now, wtf. x___x
Really wish they'd go back to directing it to be like how it was at launch. Her voice back then was soooo much better, and it was even my favorite version of all the Paimons. :c

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
What frustrates me is that this game has co-op networking baked in, but they're doing NOTHING with it. If there were co-op dungeons/musou/Abyss, this game would be blowing up with people playing just to jump in on the satisfying action with friends. Instead, there's no reason for existing players to try and hook their friends if there's nothing to do together…

They're squandering a gold mine. :/
I've thought about co-op a couple of times and - for me - I think it would get boring really fast if they would implement longer dungeons with the system as it is now. Because with for example 4 players you can't switch out your characters and you are bound to one. During domains or shorter bossfights it doesn't matter that much but the characters themself are not that complex to play. Imagine you are picking Yoimiya and mostly hitting that aa button with one E or Q every ten or so seconds for 30 minutes. Wouldn't be much fun I guess.

So good :D

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Well, we're here now...
20220411_220859.jpg
Debate Club or Cool Steel? 😎

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I've thought about co-op a couple of times and - for me - I think it would get boring really fast if they would implement longer dungeons with the system as it is now. Because with for example 4 players you can't switch out your characters and you are bound to one. During domains or shorter bossfights it doesn't matter that much but the characters themself are not that complex to play. Imagine you are picking Yoimiya and mostly hitting that aa button with one E or Q every ten or so seconds for 30 minutes. Wouldn't be much fun I guess.

The thing is, they don't have to limit it to 1 character per player. They could allow 2 per player so that players strategize for the best compositions for their own selves as well as the greater good without overlap. They've already toyed with the concept of 2-character teams with those events where you cycle through a larger roster of characters in one battle.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, Paimon's EN screechiness aside, this festival event is sooo freaking cute!! 😭 💕
I've only done the first two main parts and the Klee side quest so far, but arghh my heart. I love when Genshin does silly character interaction stories, and it's funny how they always seem to involve the Mondstadt crew lol. I guess it's hard not to write fun scenarios when you've got Venti involved, though.
Also, oh man, I hella wish we could get the painting outfits as skins. They're super dang cute, I want! ;w;

KageYume

Aug 8, 2021
Okay, Paimon's EN screechiness aside, this festival event is sooo freaking cute!! 😭 💕
I've only done the first two main parts and the Klee side quest so far, but arghh my heart. I love when Genshin does silly character interaction stories, and it's funny how they always seem to involve the Mondstadt crew lol. I guess it's hard not to write fun scenarios when you've got Venti involved, though.
Also, oh man, I hella wish we could get the painting outfits as skins. They're super dang cute, I want! ;w;

I think MHY hit it out of the park with Klee side quest in Irodori Festival event.
In fact, every event/quest featuring Klee is wholesome (story quest, Golden Apple Archipelago, Irodori Festival) and every event/quest involving Albedo is cool.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think MHY hit it out of the park with Klee side quest in Irodori Festival event.
In fact, every event/quest featuring Klee is wholesome (story quest, Golden Apple Archipelago, Irodori Festival) and every event/quest involving Albedo is cool.

Yeah, the Klee quest especially was so damn adorable. I was squeeing at it like the entire time LOL.
But honestly, it's just straight-up the events involving the Mondstadt crew in general that are all pretty great. Windblume was also extremely charming and if memory serves it didn't include Klee or Albedo, and Unreconciled Stars is still one of the most interesting story events to date. It's like anything that group touches just turns instantly to gold. Mond crew best crew. :3

Also, here, have another cute event-related artwork from that artist. They're stuff is so great!

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need a skip dialogue button. The new festival event is just going on and on. I don't understand why they have us select dialogue choice when Paimon just goes and says whatever anyway.
The best is when the on-screen dialog just says "..." and our one and only dialog choice is "..."

It's basically Genshin's version of the Netflix "are you still there?" button.

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
Crowns:

Keqing NA, skill & burst
Ganyu NA, skill & burst
Noelle NA, skill & burst
Kokomi skill
Sara skill & burst
Xiangling burst
Shenhe skill & burst

Will crown Yae's skill and burst next.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
FUCK!

Still no Diluc after 2 years of playing and rolling. Mona C3, Jean C6, Qiqi C5, Keqing C2 and no fucking DILUC...

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
FUCK!

Still no Diluc after 2 years of playing and rolling. Mona C3, Jean C6, Qiqi C5, Keqing C2 and no fucking DILUC...
Your Diluc is my Qiqi. Been playing since day 1 and;
Mona C4, Jean C2, Diluc C1, Keqing C6, no Qiqi to be seen. I'm afraid of pulling another Keqing and feeling really, really bad. Anytime I see her it'll be a complete waste.

Moogle

Top Mog
Oct 27, 2017
Bansai

giphy.gif

....so, the time has come. The end of an era.

As Chairman of the No Diluc Club, I hereby officially accept your resignation from the board. Rest assured that the remaining member(s) of the club will carry on just fine with hope in our heart(s) that we too, will one day be in your shoes. Congratulations! :)

sad-crying.gif

I wish all 2 of you good luck. He'll come home.

giphy.gif

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the best story event (aside from how wordy it gets which is a growing problem in general)...

... But it's probably the worst content big event since LR1.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
My mate is really enjoying it and says it feels like he's watching a cartoon - and I think that's a good way of putting it. The character interactions here are way better than previous events.

I expect fluff and mini games for these larger events, so I'm less bothered by the actual content. It's more of a rare family get together than anything.

Oct 27, 2017
Do I need to do story quests to unlock this? Stuff like story quests and stuff.

For the record I am in Inazuma (beat the story there) but didn't do the other islands yet.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to do story quests to unlock this? Stuff like story quests and stuff.

For the record I am in Inazuma (beat the story there) but didn't do the other islands yet.

You can unlock the event without doing the story quests, but it's recommended you do them since the event has a bunch of characters in it that the game will assume you know.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
My god, the minigames are such a drag, I wish I could skip them altogether, but I'm poor as hell after pulling for Ayato

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
I don't get the flower minigame at all. The other ones are at least interactive but this one? I have to wait anyway to get all "clues" because I can't see at all how big the damn flowers must be. So I'm just reading a list and copy the stuff. I wonder who thought "Man that's a really fun game we have to implement for the festival!".

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
lol Yelan burst is back to 1u. Definitely can't solo hydro a Hu Tao anymore. Definitively less hydro application than a Xingqiu, but will still be good in double hydro comps or with Raiden and electrocharge teams.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
All this 1u vs 1.5u talk is going right over my head.

genshin-impact.fandom.com

Elemental Gauge Theory

Elemental Gauge Theory, also known as Gauge Unit Theory, is a community-created framework on how Elements are handled within the game. It explains the following phenomena: Elemental Reactions Elemental Auras, duration, and decay (including Gauge Units and breaking elemental shields/armor)...

read this and be even more confused!

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why they are trying to make Yelan worse at C0. She's intended to be a 5 star version of one of the best supports in the game, she should match or just be slightly worse to a C6 Xingqui at c0 in the same teams. With them upgrading her C2, it's clear they want to entice people into making her C2 but if they keep having disasters like Yae, some people aren't going to risk that.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
lol Yelan burst is back to 1u. Definitely can't solo hydro a Hu Tao anymore. Definitively less hydro application than a Xingqiu, but will still be good in double hydro comps or with Raiden and electrocharge teams.

Klee havers in shambles

Crowns:

Keqing NA, skill & burst
Ganyu NA, skill & burst
Noelle NA, skill & burst
Kokomi skill
Sara skill & burst
Xiangling burst
Shenhe skill & burst

Will crown Yae's skill and burst next.

I've still used 0
idek who I would use em on

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
I just now realized if Bennet has a shield he can do his fully charged skill with no knockback

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Klee havers in shambles

I've still used 0
idek who I would use em on

This is definitely a situation where Mihoyo went "This character is TOO complete at CO, time to drive up her C2 value" which is wack since even C2 will be less hydro application than a C6 Xingqiu at 1u.

It's really lame because people were discovering some fun comps around her 1.5u. Potential for Klee to be decent again, new Hu Tao comps, etc. Now she's basically just going to be for double hydro and the standard raiden national comps.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I don't get the flower minigame at all. The other ones are at least interactive but this one? I have to wait anyway to get all "clues" because I can't see at all how big the damn flowers must be. So I'm just reading a list and copy the stuff. I wonder who thought "Man that's a really fun game we have to implement for the festival!".
It's really atrocious lol
One of the worst designed "games" I've ever seen.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
This is definitely a situation where Mihoyo went "This character is TOO complete at CO, time to drive up her C2 value" which is wack since even C2 will be less hydro application than a C6 Xingqiu at 1u.

It's really lame because people were discovering some fun comps around her 1.5u. Potential for Klee to be decent again, new Hu Tao comps, etc. Now she's basically just going to be for double hydro and the standard raiden national comps.

Yeah just what the hell is going on at Mihoyo when lt comes to character kits.

"Holy shit we made a well designed complete character who can open up new team comps and her constallations increase her effectiveness. Better nerf her to make her a worse get for f2p/low spenders and only make her good for those willing to spend big"

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
You can unlock the event without doing the story quests, but it's recommended you do them since the event has a bunch of characters in it that the game will assume you know.
I'm actually not sure this is entirely true, I heard they added a quick play option but a lot of people were still talking about being blocked by quests and especially blocked by NPCs pre-occupied by other quests.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
All this 1u vs 1.5u talk is going right over my head.
My own understanding is pretty recent and limited, but in basic gist form...
When something gets an element applied on from an attack, it's basically like a status effect that starts as some initial value and decays over time until that value either runs down to zero and the element is removed, or the element gets reapplied from another attack. Reactions like melt and vaporize also instantly consume some amount of that elemental value too, as a way to limit how many times the effect of a reaction can be triggered in one set of attacks.

Without going into spoilers specifics about Yelan's kit, the 1U vs 1.5U that people are/were talking about very basically means that Yelan's hydro application would have persisted longer than Xingqiu's in the face of, say, Hu Tao pyro-infused attacks consuming hydro for vape bonuses. You could get more in depth with what this means for particular combo or rotation optimizations but the bottom line is 1.5U would mean more chances for reaction damage bonuses per each time Yelan applies hydro.

I guess HoYo saw people were excited about that possibility since they decided to remove it from beta already.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

I hadn't been keeping up with Yelan at all, so the 1.5 got my attention
Guess I'm now back to not paying attention

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
They really want to sell Yelan C2 huh. I had a feeling since they buffed it not too long ago.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Put off all the event stuff until today. The parrying tournament stuff is pretty fun! Can't say the same for the rest of the mini games...

I quite liked the silhouette one from the Liyue event. This is the standard that festival side distractions should be judged against.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
They really want to sell Yelan C2 huh. I had a feeling since they buffed it not too long ago.
If they keep doing this, even years from now the most used supports will keep being Xiangling, Xingqui and Bennett. Raiden was the exception. No other 5 star benefits from a C2 like Raiden does. But Hoyoverse wants a 5 star to need a c2 just to be compete with a 4 star.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017

so, we can reach BP level 50 in 2 weeks, good.
but, i heard they gonna make it to level 80 this time max.

ekka4shiki

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
If they keep doing this, even years from now the most used supports will keep being Xiangling, Xingqui and Bennett. Raiden was the exception. No other 5 star benefits from a C2 like Raiden does. But Hoyoverse wants a 5 star to need a c2 just to be compete with a 4 star.

But who knows maybe this is C0 Kazuha vs C6 Sucrose all over again.

I remember it was theorized that Kazuha also need C2 to completely powercreep C6 Sucrose, otherwise they would be just be on par in performance, while having specific niche of their own. But then he got released, and after some time, we all knew that C0 Kaz is more than enough and arguably ended up more meta than Succ in terms of team selection since he's so universal.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017

I remember it was theorized that Kazuha also need C2 to completely powercreep C6 Sucrose, otherwise they would be just be on par in performance, while having specific niche of their own. But then he got released, and after some time, we all knew that C0 Kaz is more than enough and arguably ended up more meta than Succ in terms of team selection since he's so universal.
True, it could. But Hydro's main purpose is to apply wet for pyro and cryo, the 2 strongest elements. The more hydro you apply, the more valuable you are for Vaporise and Melt reactions, everything else is second. If Yelan a 5 star, is worse at that than Xingqui, then unless people just really like her design or desparately need a 2nd xingqui(which is unlikely considering how many possible team comps there are), she's doomed to be an inferior replacement and people will just skip her and do what they've always done, use xingqui. Other than fast running, Yelan is worse than xingqui in almost every way that matters.

ArcticDonkey

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Kazuha is worse than Sucrose lol

Ganyu will just be cryo Amber.

Why would I need Albedo when I have Fischl?

This Xingqui dude has waaaay too long a cooldown on his skill. D tier.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

Kinda reads to me like a drop in engagement around the BP, and folks just not doing it/buying it. This is a very casual oriented change which is also who would be buying the BP.

I don't see any leak on more levels.

Kazuha is worse than Sucrose lol

Ganyu will just be cryo Amber.

Why would I need Albedo when I have Fischl?

This Xingqui dude has waaaay too long a cooldown on his skill. D tier.

Kazuha being a 5* Sucrose (which was the analysis at the time) is... true? I don't know why people think this is some witty retort. He *is* a 5* Sucrose and highly optional if you have her.

And Ganyu *is* cryo Amber, it's literally the same kit just not shit.

Also I am unsure anyone made an Albedo vs. Fischl comparison but... uh... I'd say she's a considerably better unit than he is, lol.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
It's difficult. They obviously don't want to power creep existing units. And that's good, but four stars from 2020 can't remain the best option. They've got to rip that plaster off eventually.

No one wants to see the five star they spent 160 wishes on made useless, but by the same token, I don't think people would be bothered if they had to give Bennett a rest for a while.

Kazuha, Raiden and Ayaka are all top tier units. And Itto and Kokomi are strong too. They've also filled out the four star roster well in Inazuma, even if some are a bit constellation locked.

Ayato being a side grade on Childe, another five star, is fine. Shenhe being awesome in her niche, but very constrained otherwise, is fine.

I think they've done a decent job over the 10/11 months I've played.

But this is the first time I think they're making wrong move. You can't essentially copy another character's kit, make them a five star and then not make them a significant jump over said character. That's potentially 160 wishes. And this is a day one four star they're 'copying' too. They need to offer better value than that.

No one is going to be mad than Xingqiu isn't the undisputed top dog anymore. He will still be a top tier, meta defining F2P character. But if you're going to spend your gems on a more expensive version of him, the value has to be there.

Yelan looks very strong. 1U or 15U, she will probably be among the top five stars in the game, or thereabouts.

Again, they've done a decent job. But this is the first time they are really 'going after' a big four star. The five star needs to be better and it's concerning that at present, that's debatable (again, I've seen all the calculations).

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
genshin-impact.fandom.com

Elemental Gauge Theory

Elemental Gauge Theory, also known as Gauge Unit Theory, is a community-created framework on how Elements are handled within the game. It explains the following phenomena: Elemental Reactions Elemental Auras, duration, and decay (including Gauge Units and breaking elemental shields/armor)...

read this and be even more confused!
giphy.gif

My own understanding is pretty recent and limited, but in basic gist form...
When something gets an element applied on from an attack, it's basically like a status effect that starts as some initial value and decays over time until that value either runs down to zero and the element is removed, or the element gets reapplied from another attack. Reactions like melt and vaporize also instantly consume some amount of that elemental value too, as a way to limit how many times the effect of a reaction can be triggered in one set of attacks.

Without going into spoilers specifics about Yelan's kit, the 1U vs 1.5U that people are/were talking about very basically means that Yelan's hydro application would have persisted longer than Xingqiu's in the face of, say, Hu Tao pyro-infused attacks consuming hydro for vape bonuses. You could get more in depth with what this means for particular combo or rotation optimizations but the bottom line is 1.5U would mean more chances for reaction damage bonuses per each time Yelan applies hydro.

I guess HoYo saw people were excited about that possibility since they decided to remove it from beta already.
Gotcha.

And this is why you don't get hype for specifics of a character until after they go live.

Cool. Now change what weapons you get from the Battle Pass. Only three of the weapons benefit from refinements.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Yelan was already a questionable replacement for C6 Xingqiu and they nerfed her? lol ok.

I mean I'm not going out of my way to pull for a character that's worse than a 4* unit that most people already have. Even if its to have a 2nd copy of that unit. No Thanks. Ill keep saving for Kazuha.

Status
Not open for further replies.