• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
This festival has none of the pizazz of Lantern Rite, but I honestly like the setup and the way the characters are being used a lot more.

It's cool to see Venti being grilled by Sara, or Yoimiya and Klee becoming fast friends. And while I can't bring myself to pull for Albedo, I do like him every time they use him.

Of course, the little plot lines are all fluff, but it's fun. Characters are introduced, chat with other characters, play a role in the overarching plot and then have a little side story of their own.

And honestly, every time Venti is on screen, he makes me smile - though I'd be happier if Paimon stopped speaking to him like shit!

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
This festival has none of the pizazz of Lantern Rite, but I honestly like the setup and the way the characters are being used a lot more.

It's cool to see Venti being grilled by Sara, or Yoimiya and Klee becoming fast friends. And while I can't bring myself to pull for Albedo, I do like him every time they use him.

Of course, the little plot lines are all fluff, but it's fun. Characters are introduced, chat with other characters, play a role in the overarching plot and then have a little side story of their own.

And honestly, every time Venti is on screen, he makes me smile - though I'd be happier if Paimon stopped speaking to him like shit!
It's funny how between Diluc, Yae and Venti, Venti is the only one who gets insults and a nickname from Paimon even though between the three of them he'd have the easiest time making her a stain on the wall.

Last edited:

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
I really wish they would stop doing quests that auto start when you are in the general vicinity of the next step. If I don't want to do a quest right now I shouldn't have to run into the next part while I'm doing commissions or exploring and end up in dialogue I didn't want to start up at that time. This has happened a couple times now with Yae Miko and Ayato's quests and it's annoying. I just had the Prayer In Progress daily where you go to the Narukami Shrine and it auto forced me into speaking with Yae. All they need to do is make it so it doesn't start until you actually initiate it by interacting with an NPC like most open world games do.

Strong agree. I usually save the story quests until I have a few minutes where I really want to sit down and pay attention. Being kicked into them while I'm doing commissions kind of ruins the experience.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
A 5* Benny would definitely be a new powercreep step, maybe they want to hold off on out-doing him till the jump in power is less stark? A character like Yelan seems like the path to serious powercreep.

I really wish they would stop doing quests that auto start when you are in the general vicinity of the next step. If I don't want to do a quest right now I shouldn't have to run into the next part while I'm doing commissions or exploring and end up in dialogue I didn't want to start up at that time. This has happened a couple times now with Yae Miko and Ayato's quests and it's annoying. I just had the Prayer In Progress daily where you go to the Narukami Shrine and it auto forced me into speaking with Yae. All they need to do is make it so it doesn't start until you actually initiate it by interacting with an NPC like most open world games do.

Man, this literally just happened to me today. Being able to pick the prompt yourself to start the quest would make a huge difference.

Anyway, finally have been taking Ayato out for dailies and some fights and I think I finally have a main I like playing as much as Childe. I love how fun hydro characters are to play, looking forward to how the hydro archon turns out.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I love this event because it just reminds me of Comic Con. I been an attendee and exhibitor of it. Been to other cons like Anime Expo and Fanime. Just love the atmosphere of it all. Curse covid! I really miss going to cons.

If it weren't for covid, I can't imagine how long the lines would be or how packed the rooms would be if Genshin was at Anime Expo.

Last edited:

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I get them not wanting to have any story relevant progress in limited events, especially after what happened with the Falling Stars event, but it's weird to me that the Traveler STILL hasn't bothered asking Venti about Khaenri'ah, unless I've missed this happening. They asked Zhongli, then waited a year before asking Ei, then that's it. It's such a weird plot hole. You'd think that the Traveler would have asked Venti right after getting a non answer from Zhongli, but that never happened.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I loved Windblume, it's aesthetics and atmosphere.. Sad it seems to be a one-time thing and they replaced it with the Inazuma event. :/

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I just really want to be able to skip through dialogue faster. The past few quests I just did went on and on and on

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I love the daily quest with the author/editor in Inazuma. So much dialogue to button mash through, it's so much fun.

ap_2

Jan 23, 2021
My yearly reminder (or more frequently?) of how much I hate Theater Mechanicus.
Well, game's been out about a year and a half and it's been 3 times already.
I hope they give it a rest after this, I think it's worn out it's welcome. This is the worst iteration by far, with so many limitations its basically an auto-scroller.
Sucks that I gotta do it 4 more times to get all the primos.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ayato's quest wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be based on everyone's reactions to it here lol.
I definitely wish it had focused more on him and that we got a fancy cut scene outta it ( 😔 ) but at least it felt competent as a story. I fully believe Ayato was playing 4D chess with everyone and manipulating things into the direction he wanted -- which is more than I can say for certain other characters /coughsKokomicoughs. And I kinda like when we get to revisit NPCs, so while it wasn't the most exciting story ever and not what I'd preferred Ayato's story quest be spent on, I think it was still alright. And I did really like whenever his ninja popped up silently, ttly startling Traveler and Paimon, but Ayato always being fully aware of him lol.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Ayato is a pretty long drown out dull story. Not gonna lie. Not the worst shit ever but yeah he doesnt endear much to the audience. I like that similar to Hu Tao he is terrible with food and has bad ideas on recipes. Hopefully they play with that.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was like Ayato's quest can't be that bad, I like the character.
It was horrid.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
I just gotta say, elemental gauge theory is so ridiculous, and the Genshin TCs, especially Tenten, are absolutely god awful at actually explaining it in any semblance of a user friendly or intuitive way. Everything about how they break the game down has the most pretentious faux-academic tone to it, like they're writing a white paper when they could just talk about this stuff with lay terminology and be 10x easier to follow.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Done the picture event and it only took like 10-15 min. Not much to say but meh. I'm gonna finally stop being lazy and start Ayato's story quest and the event festival this week. Looking forward to it!

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
I've been on record before with my dislike of Theater Mechanicus (still personally my least favorite activity they have in the game in all three of its iterations so far) but this rendition of it in particular feels really...unnecessary, to me. The focal point of this particular event is supposed to be the storyline involving all these international characters and the "retelling" of the Five Kasen, with little activities weaved into each one. But...even if I dislike it, Theater Mechanicus in its prior two runs was more supposed to be the major activity of their respective events, what with the leveling-up of towers and the general openness of the concept and the strategies you could implement or focus on. In here, it becomes an activity for the second of five sets of story and accompanying things to do, yet they give it four stages on two difficulty levels spread over multiple days, that'll have it still unlocking things while the next major chunk of the event is already out. They hurt the Theater game by trying to truncate it, but even in this form it's still too big and feels too long to really fit into the bite-sized nature of everything else this festival is providing so far. It sits in this awkward middle-ground instead that's not engaging for TM veterans who actually enjoyed it before, and despite being shorter still feels like a slog of 10-minute rounds for those who didn't. Plus now you can't even co-op it with friends, which was at least one of the few times they were willing to include some multiplayer functionality in this sort of stuff.

Still putting up with it for the scant primos but I can't wait for this to be over with to move on to literally any other thing this event could have in store.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
What's everyone's crown situation? Mine:
  • Hu Tao NA - She'll probably be my first triple crown if Yelan works well with her. I didn't use her this abyss, but it's the first time since I got her that I haven't, and she's still my strongest single target for sure, so she's always well worth the investment.
  • Raiden burst - Raiden will almost always be valuable slotting in one team or another.
  • Childe skill - Childe national is one of my strongest and most fun teams. Might crown his burst if I run out of stuff to invest in, its lvl 9 already.
  • Xiangling burst - Same reasons as Childe.
  • Eula NA and burst - Felt worth it at the time, and her burst scales so high with the multipliers, but I don't really use her at all anymore and don't suspect I will. Still love her design, but she's just not as fun as Childe or Hu Tao imo, and if I want to play claymore in the future I'd probably get Itto since he's a lot more fun.

7 crowns remaining, will prob crown Bennett burst next, then Hu Tao skill and burst, and Ayaka burst when I get her. I would maybe crown Ganyu NA but I'm not sure if I'll even use it anymore once I get Ayaka, even if I keep her in the freeze team as burst support.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
What's everyone's crown situation?
  • Ganyu normal - She was the first character I got whose raw power level at the time seemed to make it feel worthwhile since I knew I wouldn't have anything that could outclass her for a long time. After farming a new Blizzard Strayer artifact set for her to make use of her freeze potential with Kokomi, though, I'm not sure...I feel like I wound up making her weaker than she was before.
  • Raiden burst - I mean...yeah of course. She's only C1 but still plenty strong once she's got stacks built up.
  • Eula burst - Again it's a big hard-hitting attack and made to be the cornerstone of her kit as a DPS. I've had a harder time than I would like getting it to work consistently in a team, though. It's the strongest thing I have in the game--when it works.
And....that's all. I've collected every crown possible since the game first launched so suffice to say I have a stock built up. I've mentioned this before but I hold on to them for characters that I know I'm going to be committed to for a long time and whose talent is strong enough as a major DPS component of a team that it feels worth the investment, and there's just been very few occasions where both of those conditions are true. I have doubts that I'll ever like anyone enough to double-crown them, and I could virtually guarantee that no one on my squad will ever be triple-crowned; no one's going to have all three of their talents be both that integral and that powerful to warrant it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
  • Hu Tao NA - She'll probably be my first triple crown if Yelan works well with her. I didn't use her this abyss, but it's the first time since I got her that I haven't, and she's still my strongest single target for sure, so she's always well worth the investment.
  • Raiden burst - Raiden will almost always be valuable slotting in one team or another.
  • Childe skill - Childe national is one of my strongest and most fun teams. Might crown his burst if I run out of stuff to invest in, its lvl 9 already.
  • Eula NA and burst - Felt worth it at the time, and her burst scales so high with the multipliers, but I don't really use her at all anymore and don't suspect I will. Still love her design, but she's just not as fun as Childe or Hu Tao imo, and if I want to play claymore in the future I'd probably get Itto since he's a lot more fun.

7 crowns remaining, will prob crown Bennett burst next, then Hu Tao skill and burst, and Ayaka burst when I get her. I would maybe crown Ganyu NA but I'm not sure if I'll even use it anymore once I get Ayaka, even if I keep her in the freeze team as burst support.

I crowned,
Raiden Burst and Skill
Zhong Li Burst and Skill
Ganyu Attacks and Burst
Ayaka Attacks Burst and Skill
Itto Attacks Burst and Skill

I think that's it. Ayaka and Itto are my triple crown champs.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada

• Raiden: Triple Crowned. She's my favorite character and she's C6 so I wanted to just use everything on her. She my strongest character and the most fun to me.
  • Zhongli: Crowned his burst so it could deal more damage. It helped me a lot to clear abyss when I didn't have Raiden yet and I really wanted to give him a crown since he's an Archon. I now use him mainly for his shield but it was worth it. I may crown his skill one day.
  • Ganyu: Crowned her NA. She was the first character I really wanted and my best character before Raiden so dealing more damage was nice. I now use her more with freeze and I am farming a Blizzard set for her and Ayaka while getting HoD pieces for Ayato/Childe.
I have 14 crowns left and will probably do Bennett burst, Sara skill, Shenhe skill, Venti burst, Xiangling burst, Ayaka burst, Ayato skill and maybe Yae skill and Beidou burst.

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
What's everyone's crown situation?
I collected 2 crowns total (1 from the second Dragonspine event and 1 from dark Enkanomiya) and have not used either. I have been thinking about crowning Ganyu's normal attack, but after trying out 170% ER with a Favonius Warbow, I am addicted to the quickswap burst comp now. Maybe I will use 1 crown on Zhongli's skill.

J-Shy

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
My crowns:
3 x Ganyu - Normal Attack, Skill, Burst
2 x Noelle - Normal Attack, Burst
2 x Shenhe - Skill, Burst
2 x Kokomi - Normal Attack, Burst
1 x Bennett - Burst
1 x Xiangling - Burst
1 x Xingqiu - Burst
1 x Beidou - Burst

I use them for characters I really enjoy playing as, but also the ones I really like in general. I came close to crowning Hu Tao, Eula, and Zhongli, but they don't quite fit both categories for me.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

Im just gonna triple crown Albedo and dump the rest on Raiden, Ganyu or Ikki.

Raiden just works on any team. Shes a killer battery, I got her weapon, and shes just free extra damage. Just improves everyones output.

Albedo buffs everyone, shields them, puts elevator down for catalyst usera to go nuts on as a turret and hes doin mad damage plus I got his weapon and several constellations. He just works on every team.

Ikkis just monstrous damage. Ditto for Ganyu. Their my runner ups to Albedo and Raiden. I used to think Klee but with only C0 and shes both squishy and slower than my others. Plus I got heavy potential to build a nice Ayato, Childe, Diluc, Eula or Keqing at this point as I either have them plus their weapon or plus several constellations or both.

I got a lotta options after Albedo Raiden.

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017
Tenten thinks Yelan might actually benefit Klee significantly, since right now she applies pyro too strongly to benefit from Xingqui as much as Hu Tao. But if Yelan is 1.5U vs Xingqui's 1U, apparently that might help Klee a lot. If that's the case, I'll actually be happy to pull for Klee if I can get Yelan. Klee is so adorable and I'd be happy to airplane around going da~da~da if Yelan makes her much stronger.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Crowns for me:
Itto x3 -- kinda regret this one cuz after using him for a month or so I decided I didn't really enjoy his playstyle, RIP.
Childe x3
Albedo E
Kazuha E & Q

I've got mats ready for Xiao NA/Q and Zhongli Q -- just need mora for 'em -- and am planning to triple Ayato next. I miiiggghhht also do Xiao's E for that sweet full triple crown. Maybe. I know he doesn't really need it but as the lead on one of my Abyss teams I feel he kinda deserves it? 😂
Leaves me with at least three crowns to go into Sumeru with, tho I'm sure we'll get at least a couple more before then.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ayato's quest wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be based on everyone's reactions to it here lol.

In this thread everything is always the worst, didn't you know? ;)
That being said, I also thought it was one of the boring quests. But Ayato is imo boring too. He's very pretty and his combat and animations are very stylish, but there isn't much more to him. Characters like Venti, Itto or Yae Miko only have to open their mouths and something entertaining comes out while others seem just to be there to be pretty.

Anna is finally cured. 😌

And that took you only almost two years, you monster! D:

Last edited:

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
I collected 2 crowns total (1 from the second Dragonspine event and 1 from dark Enkanomiya) and have not used either. I have been thinking about crowning Ganyu's normal attack, but after trying out 170% ER with a Favonius Warbow, I am addicted to the quickswap burst comp now. Maybe I will use 1 crown on Zhongli's skill.

Did you just started playing?

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
The thing with the character quests is that somehow the budget in each seems so different. For Yae you literally get a longer cutscene at the end.

Ayatos quest was mostly just talking and talking and talking and then it just ends...

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
The worst thing about Ayato's quest is that they use his one quest cutscene to basically show him getting up from a game of chess. lol

Compare that to Raiden and Yae's recent quests…

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
In this thread everything is always the worst, didn't you know? ;)
That being said, I also thought it was one of boring quests. But Ayato is imo boring too. He's very pretty and his combat and animations are very stylish, but there isn't much more to him. Characters like Venti, Itto or Yae Miko only have to open their mouths and something entertaining comes out and others seem just to be there to be pretty.
Ah, see, whereas I actually really like Ayato and find him entertaining. He's more reserved, sure, but he's still noticeably condescending with a definite sadistic streak in there somewhere, and is the only one of the male cast like that atm so I get a kick outta it. I've swapped to EN for a bit just so I can giggle at his judgey af commentary on my trash item hoarding lol.

I do wish his character quest featured more of that side of him, though. Even if I seem to be the only one here who didn't hate it (which is wild, cuz I'm usually super harsh on Genshin's story telling LOL), it still absolutely could have done something more interesting with him.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I do wish his character quest featured more of that side of him, though. Even if I seem to be the only one here who didn't hate it (which is wild, cuz I'm usually super harsh on Genshin's story telling LOL), it still absolutely could have done something more interesting with him.

They should've let us play through a flashback of when he helped us behind the scenes obtain the compromising documents for Yae Miko, just as they showed us in his trailer:

It would've been much more exciting and would've properly integrated him into the main story than this imo boring palace intrigue and a couple that everyone forgot about. Paimon even had to remind us at the start of the quest.
I mean, they were part of the early Inazuma story that basically everyone disliked and that everyone was glad to leave behind ASAP. But, nope, here they are again, lol.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
i don't know what's going on with the tower defence
but why i can't build anything in the 3rd game? is it bugged?

i even got 2400 points but they won't let me build anything.

oO3ayQD.jpg

edit: the points i am getting from killing is too low, i killed like 20 and didn't get single point from them.

Last edited:

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
They should've let us play through a flashback of when he helped us behind the scenes obtain the compromising documents for Yae Miko, just as they showed us in his trailer:

It would've been much more exciting and would've properly integrated him into the main story than this imo boring palace intrigue and a couple that everyone forgot about. Paimon even had to remind us at the start of the quest.
I mean, they were part of the early Inazuma story that basically everyone disliked and that everyone was glad to leave behind ASAP. But, nope, here they are again, lol.

Well, I mean, speak for yourself? I'm someone who hadn't forgotten about this couple, and like yeah the early Inazuma missions were terrible as introductions to the area, but I personally like revisiting NPC stories. And I appreciated their storyline, I just wish it was like a regular side quest or something and didn't use up Ayato's personal quest for it.

I will agree that his trailer for a quest would have been much, much cooler to see, though. We and him were robbed, man. :c

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
For what I remember:
Zhongli's shield
Albedo's E
Itto NA, E and Q
Childe's E and Q
Ganyu's NA and Q
Bennett's Q
Venti's Q
Ayato's E and Q
Raiden's Q

I was thinking of crowning Beidou Q or Fischl E since they are permanent in Ayato's party but I'll wait to see if better parties come out.

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
As usually I can't vibe with genshin fanbase because I thought Ayato's quest was a rare piece of decent storytelling from the game. And his character refreshingly well rounded rather than relying on some obnoxious anime gimmick like most of them 🤷‍♂️

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I might have appreciated Ayato's story more if I didn't play it at 2 in the morning, so that's on me. Wasn't expecting a two hour political drama, while trying to unlock an event (which I now know I could have skipped from the event menu). I can say I appreciate what they were trying to do more than any of the "take character on date" Character Quests.

I still think that they should put in more work on making their NPCs more unique looking. The quest starts off with two NPCs that might as well be the same person in a different outfit. They won't, but it would be nice.

Sanlei

Oct 25, 2017
Crowns:
3 - Kokomi NA, E, Q
3 - Hu Tao NA, E, Q
2 - Ganyu NA, Q
2 - Eula NA, Q
2 - Raiden E, Q
1 - Ayaka Q
1 - Keqing Q
1 - Zhongli E
1 - Shenhe Q
1 - Yae E (i know...)

Used Crowns: 17, 2 currently prepared for Yelan. Didnt do the main event yet thanks to the awful Ayato Quest which blocked it for days.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I used my crowns on Zhongli's E and Q, Itto NA and Q, Raiden's Q, Albedo's E, Ayato's E, Bennett's Q... And that's pretty much it, I guess.
Honestly, one crown every patch is good enough, it's not like I pull new characters at every banner, I still have plenty for future characters. I might crown Ayato's burst soon anyway

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I still think that they should put in more work on making their NPCs more unique looking. The quest starts off with two NPCs that might as well be the same person in a different outfit. They won't, but it would be nice.

I still see good old Teppei everywhere!

it-never-gets-easier-katriona-tamin.gif

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I think Ayato's quest wasn't a bad idea, but maybe it shouldn't have been his story quest. Like it's actually decently written, but for most people its about NPCs hardly anyone cares about with nothing flashy going on.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Ayato quest was pretty dull a lot of the time. It definitely showed him being a tactician way better than Kokomi's (God that quest sucked) but it could have been better paced.

Itto and Raiden got the best Inazuma quest so far

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I finally decided to start the Inazuma event last night and literally fell asleep skipping all the dialog. I couldn't stay awake. Dialog skipping NEEDS to be faster. I dont know why they limited how fast we can do it. But yeah I'm just not going to do this event, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.