Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Nearly fell asleep doing Ayato's quest so I can do the event, just to find out that I still can't do it because two NPCs in the event are currently stuck in Yae's quest that I haven't done yet.

Guess I'm not doing the event until at least tomorrow. Ayato's quest super burnt me out.
You could have just pressed "quick start" on the event screen and skipped having to do his quest. Not sure how it'll work with "busy" NPCs though.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Wantes the bow and got the 5 star sword. Instead of Ayato got Qiqi.

Sigh. Well progress on some fronts is still progress. Ayato is not a priority for me honestly but that bow HURT. I think the new fate system is misleading. 100% of the time I get the opposite of the path I choose. It promises based on fate points your next pull will be the one you wanted if you got a 5 star other than your chosen path but innturn I feel ita forcing you to ALWAYS pull the wrong 5 star to keep you pulling.

Anyone got a non Ayato gameplan for Haran Geppaku Futsu? Whose the best for it and is it only with a certain build in mind?
It lends a 12% with 2 stacks any elemental damage boost plus a normal attack buff of 20% per stack consumed which is done bybusing elemental skills.

Sounds like a character who builds bar for elemental moves fast with a nirmal attack priority but i dont know who thatd be aside from Ayato.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Sigh. Well progress on some fronts is still progress. Ayato is not a priority for me honestly but that bow HURT. I think the new fate system is misleading. 100% of the time I get the opposite of the path I choose. It promises based on fate points your next pull will be the one you wanted if you got a 5 star other than your chosen path but innturn I feel ita forcing you to ALWAYS pull the wrong 5 star to keep you pulling.

Anyone got a non Ayato gameplan for Haran Geppaku Futsu? Whose the best for it and is it only with a certain build in mind?
It lends a 12% with 2 stacks any elemental damage boost plus a normal attack buff of 20% per stack consumed which is done bybusing elemental skills.

Sounds like a character who builds bar for elemental moves fast with a nirmal attack priority but i dont know who thatd be aside from Ayato.
Keqing or Ayaka maybe

jetsetrez

Oct 27, 2017

It's a bit like a 5* Black Sword, so it's probably good for Keqing. If you use Bennett and don't have another 5* sword or an Alley Flash, its at least got better base attack than the other 4*s. Probably good for Xingqui, but most would still recommend Sacrificial. It probably isn't ideal for Ayaka or Kaeya because usually you want Blizzard Strayer on them and the crit rate stat would lose a lot of value. If you're using Kaeya with EoSF or noblesse, it would be good for him though.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
So I just got my Jean to level 80 and only need to max out two artefacts for her. Then I can either build Keqing or Venti. Nobody talks about Keqing much, but is she a fun character to play?

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
So I just got my Jean to level 80 and only need to max out two artefacts for her. Then I can either build Keqing or Venti. Nobody talks about Keqing much, but is she a fun character to play?
She is rather weak compared to other 5* dps characters (and some would argue that even some 4* are better than her), but if you build her as an electro dps she is rather fun, I like her flashy playstyle and I used her a lot back in the day.

Venti is several orders of magnitude better in every possible aspect, though, so i'd prioritize him

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Did Ayato's mission just now, it was ok. He's not a super interesting character, but I liked seeing the continuation to the Chisato and Kamaji subplot, lol.
But it gets minus points for containing a "stealth" section. They just suck.

Also got blocked at one point cause I had unlocked Yae's mission but not started it yet. So I did that, thankfully I didn't need to do much. (I don't want to interrupt one story mission halfway through for another one).
But now her mission still blocks the festival quest cause some NPCs are busy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This system is just really bad.

Lady Catherine de Bourgh

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
She is rather weak compared to other 5* dps characters (and some would argue that even some 4* are better than her), but if you build her as an electro dps she is rather fun, I like her flashy playstyle and I used her a lot back in the day.

Venti is several orders of magnitude better in every possible aspect, though, so i'd prioritize him

Keqing is one of the most fun characters in the game imo but unfortunately not that strong
Thanks for the reply's. I'll think about it some more while doing the last work on Jean. I spend the most time in the over world so I mainly prioritise fun and quality of life characters and pulled for Venti because of that. So many characters and so little resources…

Chocobo Blade

The Wise Ones
Oct 29, 2017
Kaz is one of the coolest characters in genshin. Great design, actually coherent story and fun gameplay. This fanbase doesn't deserve him.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
They really should have introduce Shinbou this event with the Itto's quest, it's so weird she's not present.

Also am I blind or you can't co-op the new tower defense minigame?

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
She is fun but is designed in a way that she doesn't really have any team synergy outside of the best choices between Xingqiu, Bennett, Kazuha, and because she is an Electro DPS, Sara.

I think by now I consider her a worse main DPS than Sucrose or even Barbara just based on team composition power.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
Keqing's playstyle is my favourite of any character. She's usually in my overworld team and frequently used in abyss, but her damage isn't comparable to more recent dps units and she requires a lot of investment.

I would focus on Venti first; he requires the least amount of investment of any unit - level him to 80 (doesn't need to be ascended), equip any 4 pieces of VV set, an ER bow and you're done.
But with investment, he'll deal a lot of damage, and you should try to build him properly with either EM/EM/EM or ATK/Anemo/Crit if you have the time/resources.

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
I see what you mean and enjoy stumbling upon things in the overworld in Genshin a lot myself, but I think you can stay optimistic about future regions at least.

The Chasm's verticality is its gimmick for understandable reasons, so they might be saving surprise underground area, more elaborate puzzles and all that fun stuff for Sumeru and beyond.

Given that the Chasm is just a section of a map as opposed to an entire nation, them scaling things down a little makes sense.
Yeah I mean we can't expect wide scale maps every few months so areas which are more dense and vertical are the logical outcome. And I'm still looking forward to Sumeru!

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
found a nice music disc from one of my friends teapot

TOETgSL.jpg

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Did Ayato's quest. I like him. The quest was a bit meh, but I liked him as a character… suppose I better get this event started soon…

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
Part 2 of festival
Man the Arataki gang can hustle when they want to. Stupid Temari game. Did anyone manage to beat Itto's gang in the side story?

My disappointment is immeasurable.

1-EA22-CD5-3370-4-F45-98-E4-50-B7-BAF47-D67.jpg
I'm at 58
There is 72 in total.

Also i don't think you can beat itto gang, i found the temari but there was 3rd request.
Oh yeah. I forgot about these. I found one atop the ramparts in monstadt. Spotted it when flying around after teleporting near the statue.

When did they add these anyways?
They added the new tracks this update.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
She is actually more accurate than XQ, it also seems she cam make XQ burst accurate as well, oh boy!

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Bro I saw a separate video with Yelan this morning and now I gotta have her. Prepared to pull out wallet-kun on this rear occasion. But I'm just hoping I win the 50/50....which I never win.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Link?
I already pre farmed her stuff, I'm rolling whether she powercreeps XQ or not.

XQ will still have higher hydro application since his 2-3-5 is more than her 3-3-3, and he also has an extra ICD on his floating swords which she does not have. Theorycrafters believe Yelan can't solo hydro Hu Tao like Xingqiu can.

Though Hu Tao's new best team is looking like double hydro with both her and Xingqiu anyways lol. She's still gonna be great since even coming close to Xingqiu will automatically make her a top tier character

She is actually more accurate than XQ, it also seems she cam make XQ burst accurate as well, oh boy!

it was only more accurate in that video because the guy was missing his attacks with XQ which means no tracking lol. Yelan making XQ burst more accurate has nothing to do with Yelan herself but just because she was hitting her attacks as a bow user.

SixtyFourBlades

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
There's also a video of Yoimiya + Yelan that looks very good though Yelan is C6.
www.reddit.com

r/Genshin_Impact_Leaks - Yoimiya + Yelan

787 votes and 272 comments so far on Reddit
A team of Yoimiya + Yelan+ Yun Jin+ Bennet will be monstrous.
Ummm, holy crap, this is awesome. I always wanted to pull for Yoimiya too because I loved her personality, but Raiden was on the Horizon and I couldn't risk it. Some interesting teams are forming for sure though.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Unless Yelan dwarfs C6 Xinqiu at C0, I might pull, if it's more or less the same, then Ye-Nah.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I'm like half way done with getting the Chasm boss mats for Yelan. OMG This banner and then Ayaka's banner.... The wait is sooo long! I was thinking of pulling for Mist Splitter but I also want to also pull for Yelan's weapon... still thinking about it. Having guaranteed on Yelan makes me giddy.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
Pyro archon shoul beat Benny easily unless they make him a DPS, but all archons released so far are support, Raiden being the outlier with her C2, but literally all her cons, after that one are useful to the team not herself, discounting the usual +3 buffs to E and Q.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wanted to get Ayaka to C2 and her weapon but I'll be saving for Yelan and a Yoimiya rerun. Kazuha will also stay at C0 when his rerun happens. I will probably use Elegy on her and farm more Emblem pieces and get her materials with the time until her banner happens.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well they ruined Theater Mechanicus. Safe to say MHY has no idea how to design a good tower defense, they've just made it worse with each successive release.

Unless Yelan dwarfs C6 Xinqiu at C0, I might pull, if it's more or less the same, then Ye-Nah.

From what I've seen/read so far, she's worse than C6 XQ at C0. Her consts are kinda scummy in that they fix a lot of her problems over piecemeal distribution and she gets better with more.

Ironically, part of the reason she's actually worse than XQ is how long her E is/can be for proccing Favonius/Sacc Swords. Where XQ has no such issues and has an extremely smooth and fast E + the aura of his swords.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Well they ruined Theater Mechanicus. Safe to say MHY has no idea how to design a good tower defense, they've just made it worse with each successive release.

From what I've seen/read so far, she's worse than C6 XQ at C0. Her consts are kinda scummy in that they fix a lot of her problems over piecemeal distribution and she gets better with more.

She isn't necessarily worse than Xingqiu... Just different. There's a recent discovery that lead people to believe she has a 1.5u which would be a first for the game, which would be very nice. Her passive also makes her stronger in a Raiden team than Xingqiu is. Basically most Xingqiu teams except possibly vape (which she'd still be in with double hydro) she might be better at.

She's definitely not a weak character at C0. Easily top 5 in the game from what it's looking like.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
She isn't necessarily worse than Xingqiu... Just different. There's a recent discovery that lead people to believe she has a 1.5u which would be a first for the game, which would be very nice. Her passive also makes her stronger in a Raiden team than Xingqiu is. Basically most Xingqiu teams except possibly vape (which she'd still be in with double hydro) she might be better at.

She's definitely not a weak character at C0. Easily top 5 in the game from what it's looking like.

Hadn't heard anything on the 1.5u but I was looking over theorycrafting discussion just yesterday and the C0 prospects as far as I saw, outside of specific comps like Hu Tao double hydro, she's going to work out as a worse XQ by a bit and as such unless you need 2 XQs or plan to chase her consts, not really a worth while chase to just marginally upgrade/side-grade XQ.

I'm also not a big fan of the consts she has, they're probably some of the scummiest we've seen in a while.

(Also don't think she performs better than Rational.)

Edit: I guess this is more or less that "too many units" problem, she seems quite solid don't get me wrong but she's just more of the same unless you need a bunch of XQs and I certainly do not.

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
It is pretty crazy that it took almost one and a half years and a 5 star for there to be a sidegrade/upgrade to Xingqiu and there still is nothing for Bennet

And I would be hesitant to really call her a upgrade. At high cons obviously she will greatly outdamage him but otherwise she is more of a Xingqiu alternative for a more offensive playstyle with more damage in exchange for losing the defensive aspect of the swords

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Given how XQ is used in a bunch of comps, "another XQ" sounds pretty good.

Yeah for some just having a Xingqiu for both abyss sides is probably reason enough to pull her

Well I don't think that's the real "question". The real question is are *you* using comps that need that many XQs? A unit could be used in eleventy billion comps and if you only run one of said comp, then you still only need one of the unit.

A unit can be used in a lot of comps but do *you* as the player need him for all of those comps, are you actually running those comps?

I know I am not, I have no room for a second XQ in what I run and even if I change it up, unless I just run National non-stop (which kinda goes against the premise of "switching it up") I still don't need a second XQ. On paper its nice to have multiple of him because of how valuable he *potentially* is but is he actually something I need more than one of...? Right now, no, not at all.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mihoyo really gave Theater Mechanicus the C&C4 treatment. They murdered it. I've never seen a mini game devolve this badly before.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what waifu will finally be the second Benny. Prob the Pyro Archon right?

Mihoyo really gave Theater Mechanicus the C&C4 treatment. They murdered it. I've never seen a mini game devolve this badly before.

Seriously? Smh, it used to be my favorite of the mini-games too.

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
I used a guide for the Theater Mechanicus. Was able to get all the points. I'm not smart enough to just do the placements. I will use Yelan for Raiden team and XQ for Hu Tao team. The more the merrier I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.