Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You know, I did just level him up a bit to complete one of the new tasks in the book.

But since it looks like you haven't really invested into most of them yet, probably better to keep it in mind as a potential future team and work on your higher levelled chars first.

I only now realized hat you have a Prinzessin der Verurteilung unused at level 20.

3265cec5-cb85-44dc-88f3-43ce010a9e01_text.gif

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I only now realized hat you have a Prinzessin der Verurteilung unused at level 20.

3265cec5-cb85-44dc-88f3-43ce010a9e01_text.gif
I just unlocked her a few hours ago! I was excited for this event. Free Fischl! Then I pulled and got Fischl.

I'm still excited for this event. Free C1 Fischl!

I'm not too familiar with Kazuha and Itto teams, but Heizou, Xingqiu, Fischl and Shinobu should make a solid electro-charged team.
But since it looks like you haven't really invested into most of them yet, probably better to keep it in mind as a potential future team and work on your higher levelled chars first.
I haven't even looked into what Heizou can do. I got him at the same time as Kazuha and as they're both anemo, and Kaz is FUN AS FUCK, Heizou has stayed on the bench. Will definitely try him out soon.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Could someone give me advice on building a couple of teams for Abyss? I'm just about to hit AR50 so I can max out some characters.

Here's my roster.
Z57F0IC.png

I'm thinking a Geo team of Itto, Gorou, Ningguang and ?????. Gorou has some constellations so I think he can handle healing.

And a team with Xiangling, Xingqu, Kazuha and ?????. I feel like this team lacks a main DPS and a healer. Maybe Razor or Kaeya could be the DPS, and Barbara and Shinobu can heal, but I don't know.

Get ZhongLi in the rumoured rerun in 3.0

NingGuang can substitute Albedo temporary, your core will be Itto - Goruo - Zhong Li for Geo Mono team.

Xiang Ling, XingQiu, Kazuha can form another team. They are amazing units.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't even looked into what Heizou can do. I got him at the same time as Kazuha and as they're both anemo, and Kaz is FUN AS FUCK, Heizou has stayed on the bench. Will definitely try him out soon.
They have pretty different roles.
Heizou is basically mainly a driver for reaction teams.
Which means you load the team up with characters that deal damage while off-field (either constant or triggered by normal attacks) and then you switch to Heizou and punch the shit out of everything. It's fun, would recommend.

Zulith

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I'm from the future (Australia) so I'm on day 2 already.
There is much more to do next day [...]
just now starting on today's part. Dang... I am really loving this event. So much to explore, and an interesting story. As well as using some of my favorite characters, along with some underutilized ones like Fischl.

ALSO!....

Venti cut off those mountaintops and chucked them into the ocean? THAT IS SOME ZHONGLI POWER LEVEL SHIT! And everyone thought he was a weak archon... maybe not so much!

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Could someone give me advice on building a couple of teams for Abyss? I'm just about to hit AR50 so I can max out some characters.

Here's my roster.
Z57F0IC.png

I'm thinking a Geo team of Itto, Gorou, Ningguang and ?????. Gorou has some constellations so I think he can handle healing.

And a team with Xiangling, Xingqu, Kazuha and ?????. I feel like this team lacks a main DPS and a healer. Maybe Razor or Kaeya could be the DPS, and Barbara and Shinobu can heal, but I don't know.

You can do
Itto, Gorou, Geo Traveller/Ningguang, Ningguang/Fischl/Electro Traveller (mono geo)
Kaeya, Chongyun, Xingqiu, Kazuha (freeze)
Kaeya, Xiangling, Amber/Thoma, Xingqiu/Barbara/Kazuha (melt)
Heizou/Kazuha, Fischl, Xinqqiu/Barbara, Kuki/Lisa (electrocharged)
Razor, Kaeya, Lisa/Kuki/Fischl (super conduct to aid Razor's physical damage)

If Bennett appears on a banner or in Paimon's shop and you have spare starglitter I'd go for him, he'll make a lot of things click into place

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Lol at the time limited event being a better story quest than the actual story quest.

Would have liked them to touch on Kazuha's
"friend" more. I think it's clear that the Electro seelie thing that was leading you around was supposed to be him based on the dialogue.

Writers sitting on good material and not doing anything with it annoys the hell out of me. It's more funny when you think about how gacha want you to get attached to characters so that you will pull for them so you would assume that having top tier writing so that people will become more invested in the characters would be a high priority.

I'll take away points for the story quest but will give them some for the GAA Kazuha story.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Could it be, are we really less than a day away until we get some real decent Xinyan lore and backstory

Zulith

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
My final haul from the current lot of banners and offerings:

- 5* Diluc Skin (i'm a fanboy, I had to)
- c2 Kazuha (upgraded from c0)
- c6 Heizou
- (1st 5 star weapon pull) First Lost Prayer of the Sacred Winds (put on Heizou)
- (2nd 5 star weapon pull, off banner) First Primordial Jade-Winged Spear (put on Xiao)
- (3rd) First Freedom Sworn (put on Kazuha, obviously)
- c6 Ningguang (upgraded from c5)
- c6 Thoma (upgraded from c4)
- c2 Kuki (had no copies prior)
- c4 Diona (upgraded from c3, slowly getting to that c6)
- some other misc constellations and 4 star weapons of lesser note

So the weapon banner wasn't very kind but everything I got was very useful for me.

Skipping Yoimiya, somewhat regretfully. but I'd rather have Tighnari and whatever 4 star(s) are on his banner.

I have a grand total of 16 wishes, and counting, pooled for Tighnari banner. Let's see what I can pull off.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
I wish Xinyan was better. I was so hyped for her and tried to build her but she's just not a good unit compared to what else I could use instead of her (I have better shielders, better main damage, better claymore users, better pyro appliers). Imagine if she dropped down what amounts to a speaker system as her ult or something that shoots out pyro flames/aoe every so often instead of the burst she has now.

EDIT: and true to form, mentioning Xinyan sucks means I get her on the free standard pull from lvl10 BP. At least C7 of her now.

Last edited:

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, alright. I'll admit it, Kazuha is pretty good in Abyss.

Yelan / Xingqiu / Hu Tao / Zhongli
Raiden / Sara / Jean / Kazuha

For every single floor (from 9-12). No substitutes. Very comfy 36*

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

Swap Jean for Benny and that team is gonna slap even more.

Also, it's good you've seen the light. :D

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
All of us make fun of Fischl for being chuuni. But watch it turns out that she is the actual direct descendant of the royal family of Khaenri'ah or something.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
All of us make fun of Fischl for being chuuni. But watch it turns out that she is the actual direct descendant of the royal family of Khaenri'ah or something.

I think that'll be Kaeya. His last name is Alberich, who was a king in the Nibelungen legend, ruling over an underground kingdom that got destroyed, because he became so greedy and power hungry that he started a war with the gods.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017

I'm still not vibing with him.
My main two teams are,
Albedo, Zhong Li, Yelan, Raiden
Venti, Diona, Mona, Ayaka

I replaced Venti with Kazuha but Venti is so clutch at dragging enemies into the vortex that it just knocks Kazuhas ability to do so outta the park. I like Venti so much more. So then I just took out Diona for Kaz but her sheild is too great, I love shields in this game. They're mega useful.
Then I went to my other team and took Albedo out for Kaz, I didn't see a significant increase in damage to out pace Albedos off field damage. Kazuhas burst also doesn't last long enough nor is is up enough for my liking. I gotta say, I'm super unimpressed after so many people talked me into him. Everyone was like, he works on every team, you can't go wrong. Yeah, you can sorta set out his burst and forget about it but it's not up long enough. His elemental skill feels wasteful, barely pulls what I want it to, wastes time with his sorry excuse for damage on the plunge attack. I kinda hate that I felt over hyped for this guy. I don't need him and although I didn't break the bank for him, he feels like a waste of a pull.

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Venti cut off those mountaintops and chucked them into the ocean? THAT IS SOME ZHONGLI POWER LEVEL SHIT! And everyone thought he was a weak archon... maybe not so much!

I'm imagining it.
Venti: Fuck this mountain

chops it off and yeets it

Others: Why venti?

Venti:
maxresdefault.jpg

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If that collab ever happens, and it's paid content, I'll throw your way enough moonies for at least 1 Kiryu, you can take that to the bank. 😎
Hahaha I'ma hold you to that.
Oh yeah, I mean, I'd never try to go for cons, and never ever for a standard banner character, just they all seemed positive and don't require me to do anything different to benefit. If I get more Keqing in the future I won't be mad (I mean, I'll be a bit mad if I get another C1 standard banner character before Jean but you know).
Imagine my frustration when I got C2 Qiqi on the way to Kaz, still with no Jean.
I don't need him and although I didn't break the bank for him, he feels like a waste of a pull.
I said this when you were asking about him before his banner, but what's good for someone else may not necessarily be good for you. I think it's important to look at your account and more importantly how you like to play, and decide based on that. I think looking at your main teams there isn't much room for him to make an impact.

For me he hasn't improved the power of my account, but he has given it more versatility. He gives me more options when teambuilding, and so even if I don't use him much now, he may have a place in the future. Maybe look at him like that? A long term investment.

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Swap Jean for Benny and that team is gonna slap even more.
I'm aware, but I like Jean more and the clear is still super comfy, so.

Also - storywise, all the archons are, in fact, gods. So them doing god-like things isn't too surprising to me. I sorta assumed that Venti being friends with a dragon kinda proved out that he's more than strong enough. He simply doesn't like conflict. Not his beat.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else feel like they need to improve the symbol that shows how many stacks Heizou has? When there's a cluster of enemies it becomes really difficult to see.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I said this when you were asking about him before his banner, but what's good for someone else may not necessarily be good for you. I think it's important to look at your account and more importantly how you like to play, and decide based on that. I think looking at your main teams there isn't much room for him to make an impact.

For me he hasn't improved the power of my account, but he has given it more versatility. He gives me more options when teambuilding, and so even if I don't use him much now, he may have a place in the future. Maybe look at him like that? A long term investment.

Yeah you called it. He could come in handy some day.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I just started the event. Am I the only one that thinks Scara is gonna show up at one point just because of that pairing? Of all the characters you pick those two to go on an adventure together again.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Aaaaalright, Heichachi ""hypercarry"" is kinda viable, it only takes 3 best support characters in the game, lol.

First try, only recorded 12-2 and 12-3, both chambers, since 12-1 is childe's play (hehe) even managed to defeat mecha caterpillar just in the nick of time. Heichachi is still at C0, so I reckon if I had him at C6 it'd be slightly better, but I'm fine with C0 for now, he'll be the overworld homie.

I gotta say tho, kicking the Ice cube's projectiles right back at it is sooooo satisfying.

Last edited:

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'm very curious if any character will have an equivalent, or better than Zhong Li super shield down the road. Are any of the leaked Dendro characters shielders?

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the story a lot with Kazuha.

But I really did not like the island exploration and puzzles. I consider it pretty onerous to have to teleport back and forth to make a puzzle bearable and this felt common not only with map to map matching puzzles but also the electro-seelie puzzle. That wasn't fun, it was just memorizing two patterns and having to tediously warp back and forth. Even with all of the back and forth, because everything is spread over nine permutations of map, it still feels mostly empty and its tediously vertical to go over it over and over.

Honestly, this is one of the first times I thought the story was great (pacing still feels kind of tedious but it is what it is at this point) while they just completely flubbed the map.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
somehow lost the 50/50 on both Kazuha banners to Jean. Didn't let Jean win this time though, needed to get Kazuha.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that retrying in the abyss doesnt reset your cooldowns is freakin asinine.
Yuuup. I always notice it when I'm testing stuff.
Wrapped up day 3's content
please, no more hoyoverse, my head hurt
You can pace yourself haha.
Aaaaalright, Heichachi ""hypercarry"" is kinda viable, it only takes 3 best support characters in the game, lol.

First try, only recorded 12-2 and 12-3, both chambers, since 12-1 is childe's play (hehe) even managed to defeat mecha caterpillar just in the nick of time. Heichachi is still at C0, so I reckon if I had him at C6 it'd be slightly better, but I'm fine with C0 for now, he'll be the overworld homie.

I gotta say tho, kicking the Ice cube's projectiles right back at it is sooooo satisfying.
So far I'm liking Heizou National the most. Also has 3 of the best supports though lol.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Sensei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm very curious if any character will have an equivalent, or better than Zhong Li super shield down the road. Are any of the leaked Dendro characters shielders?
they will never make a shield as good as zhonglis ever again. they went through a brief time trying to make it useless with bleed and people kept using him anyway. hes too stronk 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

MoonlitBow

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they'll make a shield as busted as Zhongli's again, but they might make one better than a 4* one on a 5* character (Zhongli is the only 5* character with a shield IIRC)

esserius

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah they are never going to make another Zhongli. It seems like they're even trying to avoid reruns for him and even units that resemble him. Thoma was the last "shield" unit, and ever since Zhongli they haven't made another Geo shield unit, despite the shield resonance buff.

Everyone in theorycrafting says he's not meta, but if you've played the game long enough you know that he will always be meta. Although ironically enough I think Yelan actually makes him meta now, with Hu Tao / Xingqiu / Yelan / Zhongli - and you use his shred because it's universal and you can't swirl both elements due to excess Hydro application.

Nov 25, 2021
Eh, I dont think its so much Zhonglis shield being busted as the reason but rather, shielding is Zhonglis dedicated niche (lets be real, his skill isnt doing much damage and his burst is... okay, but eats a lot of time) and any other shielders are gonna have some form of utility, which will result in a tradeoff on shield power to even things out.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Is Thoma's shield even viable at all? Genuinely asking because I pulled my first one on this Kaz banner.
Yeah, I felt like I had really bad RNG on my first attempt at the ruin serpent. Apparently sometimes he doesn't actually go underground right away. Wanted to see how fast I could kill it if it didn't do that.

Did 12-3 in like 35 seconds, lol.

View: https://streamable.com/dp3hd9

Damn that was nice.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they are never going to make another Zhongli. It seems like they're even trying to avoid reruns for him and even units that resemble him. Thoma was the last "shield" unit, and ever since Zhongli they haven't made another Geo shield unit, despite the shield resonance buff.

Geo Resonance with Zhongli is too good and Geo Resonance without Zhongli is too worthless. It probably needs another overhaul - or rather, Crystallize needs to be more reliable in general. Honestly I think it should just be automatically applied on the player when the player casts anything Geo and it reacts with any other non-anemo/geo element on an enemy. No need to pick up anything, just instant shield.

Hydro Resonance is similar in that it's really only worth it with a Barbara or Kokomi around, otherwise it's hard to tell it even exists.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I dont think its so much Zhonglis shield being busted as the reason but rather, shielding is Zhonglis dedicated niche (lets be real, his skill isnt doing much damage and his burst is... okay, but eats a lot of time) and any other shielders are gonna have some form of utility, which will result in a tradeoff on shield power to even things out.
Zhongli's shield does have another utility and it's arguably more valuable than the shield itself. It reduces the physical and elemental resistance of anything near your character by 20% which is a sizeable amount. It makes your dps characters even stronger while being protected from everything. I don't think any other shielder has a more valuable utility than that, or even a better shield.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm still not vibing with him.
My main two teams are,
Albedo, Zhong Li, Yelan, Raiden
Venti, Diona, Mona, Ayaka

I replaced Venti with Kazuha but Venti is so clutch at dragging enemies into the vortex that it just knocks Kazuhas ability to do so outta the park. I like Venti so much more. So then I just took out Diona for Kaz but her sheild is too great, I love shields in this game. They're mega useful.
Then I went to my other team and took Albedo out for Kaz, I didn't see a significant increase in damage to out pace Albedos off field damage. Kazuhas burst also doesn't last long enough nor is is up enough for my liking. I gotta say, I'm super unimpressed after so many people talked me into him. Everyone was like, he works on every team, you can't go wrong. Yeah, you can sorta set out his burst and forget about it but it's not up long enough. His elemental skill feels wasteful, barely pulls what I want it to, wastes time with his sorry excuse for damage on the plunge attack. I kinda hate that I felt over hyped for this guy. I don't need him and although I didn't break the bank for him, he feels like a waste of a pull.

Please tell me you levelled his normals
Let me see your build

Status
Not open for further replies.