Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
i cannot believe mihiyo chose to splurge for all these custom emoji hashtags

FAYsm1VVkAEjuzH.png

to put things into perspective, one could cost upwards of a million dollars USD

To Hashflag or Not To Hashflag, THAT is the Question | Piping Fresh

What is a Twitter hashflag? Should my company use hashflags? What are the pros and cons of using hashflags? Agency Creative answers your questions.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I couldn't even be bothered to spend my resin last night. I just wasn't in the mood. :(

lemonade

May 8, 2018
All I am trying to say is it's incredibly stupid to flood unrelated topics with complaints about not getting enough gamble currency. That's what happened with the previous community stream and what will happen with the concert on these forums.

Yes, I am blaming these fans for only caring about gacha.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
The actual worse part about this "anniversary" is that almost every single thing outside of the game seems to be focused on advertising the game to other people. With pretty much no reward for doing so lmfaoo

i cannot believe mihiyo chose to splurge for all these custom emoji hashtags

FAYsm1VVkAEjuzH.png

to put things into perspective, one could cost upwards of a million dollars USD

To Hashflag or Not To Hashflag, THAT is the Question | Piping Fresh

What is a Twitter hashflag? Should my company use hashflags? What are the pros and cons of using hashflags? Agency Creative answers your questions.
Crumbs for the people who actually play tho

LorentzFactor

Oct 25, 2017
It's especially confusing because generous events generate more money than not having them. Like, you give people a free character, and the resource drain to build that character up incentivizes resin refreshing and pulling for constellations and weapons. You make artifact domains free for a week, engagement goes through the roof as every streamer tries to 24/7 the best artifacts and realistically the player population improves their dps maybe a whopping 5% overall. You make an temporary anniversary banner with more generous rates or all the best characters on it, people spend more on that banner.

As weird as it sounds, it seems like someone in charge at MiHoYo has the opposite view that promo codes and maintenance primogems is basically them losing $20 per player each patch.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am actually tired of this toxic OT where often when I don't go with the complain train, goofballs like you come out with drive-by replies that amount to nothing.
If I were to be bluntly honest, out of all the posters here, I find you to be one of the more toxic ones.

While not as one note as some of the constant negative posters here, the constant shitting on users here gets toxic very quickly. Everyone is free to their own opinions, but the way you go about shitting on people while giving yours is just sad at times.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Well the silver lining is that everybody finally showing some love for my girl Qiqi. Truly the most unexpected of buffs.

C04-EE7-F3-399-F-4-E4-F-821-B-90-B6-A4-DA7-DED.jpg

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's interesting? There was massive backlash for GL's 3rd anniversary in Honkai from the CN community. As a result CN got rewards (while GL didn't). So they're clearly not adverse to giving things out. Why is it they're trying so hard to stand strong on what should be a celebration?

I'm seriously curious to know if they will back down or not. Tomorrow cannot come quick enough lol.

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well the silver lining is that everybody finally showing some love for my girl Qiqi. Truly the most unexpected of buffs.

C04-EE7-F3-399-F-4-E4-F-821-B-90-B6-A4-DA7-DED.jpg
I'm disgusted...QiQi was your first true friend ??????
(Congrats ! Mine was Razor. Eula took his place and she's my most played character according to the web event)

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You know what's interesting? There was massive backlash for GL's 3rd anniversary in Honkai from the CN community. As a result CN got some huge rewards. So they're clearly not adverse to giving things out. Why is it they're trying so hard to stand strong on what should be a celebration?

I'm seriously curious to know if they will back down or not. Tomorrow cannot come quick enough lol.
They didn't really get huge rewards tho. They got a ten pull

Global did get slightly fucked over.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
While I'm basically just a lurker and a ghost where these threads are concerned, I'll just drop mah link here as well since it seems to be a case of benefits for both parties.

ap_2

Jan 23, 2021
You know what's interesting? There was massive backlash for GL's 3rd anniversary in Honkai from the CN community. As a result CN got some huge rewards. So they're clearly not adverse to giving things out. Why is it they're trying so hard to stand strong on what should be a celebration?

Well, as far as I know, no one has tried to murder one of their employees over this, so probably not. Who knows with this crowd though.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just waiting for MHY to reverse things and give a 5* choose ticket to the CN server and a 4* choose ticket to NA.

The meltdown would be something else.

MildSoss

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly i don't even care about hand outs but the least they could of done were some major qol changes to game like the way resin and artifact farming work. That would of been a much better anniversary present than what ever we got today.

Oct 27, 2017
This is it. It would be such an easy win for Mihoyo. I bet everyone would have been satisfied with just a free 5* character.

Like, remember this?

We got 10 free pulls and a free 4* character during Lantern Rite. But now we only get 10 free pulls? To celebrate the first anniversary? Pfft.

I will take the fish-sword over the free hero, but it is practically the same stuff:
• Free 4* item (C1 Hero of choice vs C5 weapon)
• 108 from bazilion content web event vs 40 + 40 + 20 from web event
• 10 wishes via log-in rewards

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They didn't really get huge rewards tho. They got a ten pull

Global did get slightly fucked over.
By huge I meant they got something that GL didn't get even though it was their anniversary. But I'll edit my post to just say rewards. Was in a rush when posting lol.

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
By huge I meant they got something that GL didn't get even though it was their anniversary. But I'll edit my post to just say rewards.
Yeah, it was pretty baffling that they gave Global 500 crystals vs the 2800 CN got. I guess they're more afraid of the Chinese audience. Which I guess considering the assassination attempt, fair lol

tinthoh

Jan 13, 2018
All I am trying to say is it's incredibly stupid to flood unrelated topics with complaints about not getting enough gamble currency. That's what happened with the previous community stream and what will happen with the concert on these forums.

While I agree it's a bit shitty to spam unrelated stuff, I can understand that. It's a mistake from MHY's side because there is a huge lack of communication. And what can you do if feedback from "normal" ways like surveys or forum posts are ignored. You try to find new ways like streams or playstore reviews.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan

Granted I can't and don't speak for everyone who's unhappy with all this, but I do think "only caring about gacha" is being extremely reductive. It isn't just a matter of "I'm not getting enough stuff for free"; it feels like there's a fundamental lack of respect for their own player-base coming out of miHoYo HQ and it seems like they're missteping on this at every juncture.

People have offered plenty of things that could have been done in the game itself to celebrate the anniversary that would feel like mHY at least somewhat appreciated the players that made their game a global phenomenon and filled their coffers to a level beyond which they'd ever seen. Everything from a free 5* (which I agree was unlikely) to temporary domain cost reductions or even a single skin or...honestly anything at all. Moonchase has some fun content, sure, but it's nothing that we haven't already seen in other events before and would exist entirely unchanged if the anniversary date hadn't happened to fall here. As far as the game itself goes, the anniversary isn't a big deal at all, and if they'd just left it at that people would still complain, but it would be easier to just move on and treat things normally. It's miHoYo themselves that now keep bringing the anniversary back up, trying to use it to use players to market the game. Getting people to post theater links is marketing. Investing in hashflags to drive posts on Twitter is marketing. Incentivizing fanworks with a fairly paltry contest is marketing.
Well...giving players something special in-game for the anniversary is marketing too. It encourages people to engage or re-engage if they lapsed at some time. It would do the same thing as their hashflag campaign, except it'd be an investment that players themselves get a benefit from too. Like I said earlier today, mHY has shown that they are willing to spend their own money to market the game, yet they aren't willing to "spend" the small bit of potential revenue to give something that could also help the players as well as themselves. They're specifically making the benefit of the anniversary one-sided and it's that lack of respect or appreciation that's so chafing.

There's more to this than just "people want more gacha currency." It's "people want to feel like mHY recognizes what the playing population has done for them and share some of their success," and are getting slapped down instead.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Those google reviews are fun to read.

"Game is great, one of the best I've played, anniversary rewards suck" 1*

Now multiply that sentiment by a 1000. 🤣

I'm really starting to wonder if they're gonna cave. I still very much doubt so if google removes those reviews, but it's clear they're not able to keep up with censorship on social media.

GoldenCat

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I haven't played Honkai in ages, but surely that had better anniversary events than this? Not even a 4* selector like the other Liyue event...

I am actually tired of this toxic OT where often when I don't go with the complain train, goofballs like you come out with drive-by replies that amount to nothing.

Says the person that calls people who have the slightest of complaints "internet Karens" lmao

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
zUcBc5t.png

sometimes i forget that i've basically had venti for more or less the entirety of the game's life and i genuinely don't know how i'd play the game without being able to fly up to climb and CC everything whenever i want

the idea that there are venti-less people out there who play the game like that. terrifying

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Lisa was my first friendship 10. I feel proud

I mostly lurk now just to read discussion/updates since I'm taking a bit of a break from the game after all the recent disappointments and I don't want to be too negative, but I just wanted to pop in and say my first Friendship 10 was Lisa too! :D Nice to see another person appreciate her~ <3

She's still someone I use frequently!

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
zUcBc5t.png

sometimes i forget that i've basically had venti for more or less the entirety of the game's life and i genuinely don't know how i'd play the game without being able to fly up to climb and CC everything whenever i want

the idea that there are venti-less people out there who play the game like that. terrifying

Venti is apparently my best companion too. Was a bit surprised, because in the last several months he wasn't that often in my party anymore. :(

Xanfrabot

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I will take the fish-sword over the free hero, but it is practically the same stuff:
• Free 4* item (C1 Hero of choice vs C5 weapon)
• 108 from bazilion content web event vs 40 + 40 + 20 from web event
• 10 wishes via log-in rewards

I don't know, I wouldn't put a weapon on the same level as a character, but I see your point.

In any case, if we consider both events to be equal (rewards-wise), that's still pretty disappointing. One is an anniversary and the other was "just" the 1.3 patch, people's expectations were always going to be different.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I played both Fire Emblem Heroes and Dragalia Lost for two years and I seem to remember the rewards being much greater for their anniversaries. Genshin has always been stingy with primos so I didn't expect more than a 10 pull tbh, but maybe one guaranteed character pull would have been nice. Or a shitton of mora, I'm always running low on that lol. I remember months ago thinking we'd have dendro by now.

deliquate

Teyvat Traveler
Feb 25, 2021
TBH I think this event is a great example of the game's highs and lows & as such, perfect.

The highs? We meet so many of our favorite characters. We get some neat lore (I really love the way they've layered the history of Liyue so realistically--there's the received wisdom & then all the attempts to dig beneath it to the true history, which is very different). We get to find some oculi and open some chests and do some battling and some flying.

The lows? Well, Genshin is truly the most unrepentently stingy gacha/MMO/RPG/whatever I have ever played and true to form, Mihoyo have wierdly gone out of their way to make the whole anniversary feel stingy. It's really not *that* bad--we're collecting lots of dribs and drabs--but there's something so bafflingly inflexible & grim about the presentation.

The in-betweens? This web event is adorable & interesting but also a horrifying reminder of how closely Mihoyo tracks us.

Anyway, here's my link. I'll click on some others. Let's all be suckers together.

Enter your Anniversary Theater https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys...mhy_presentation_style=fullscreen#/GB3TPFSA6N

Divvy

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I found this old survey on the subreddit and it's pretty funny how accurate it turned out to be

image.png

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
I played both Fire Emblem Heroes and Dragalia Lost for two years and I seem to remember the rewards being much greater for their anniversaries. Genshin has always been stingy with primos so I didn't expect more than a 10 pull tbh, but maybe one guaranteed character pull would have been nice. Or a shitton of mora, I'm always running low on that lol. I remember months ago thinking we'd have dendro by now.
I got about 10x more out of Arknights 1.5 anni lmfao. I think even early puzzle n dragons was more generous than this

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
zUcBc5t.png

This is how I feel, but with Zhongli and shields/AOE pillars.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly not getting a bunch of primos is whatever. I agree with the in game stuff though like double drops on books, domain and gold for a week would be rad. Also not limited to just 3 runs. Would entice people to refresh too.

Status
Not open for further replies.