• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got Keqing! I assume r5 black sword would be best for her?
what about builds for her?
at the moment I'm using 2 piece noblesse 2 piece gladiator.
It's either that or Lion's Roar at the 4* level. Here's a guide on weapons depending on playstyle.

For builds you can either go ult spam which would be the sets you have now, electro sustained which would be 4 piece TS, 4 piece TF, or 2 piece TF 2 piece glad, or you can go physical.
This is too wholesome

giphy.webp
Well that just melted my frozen heart.
I am thinking perhaps it is time to take build-difficulty into considerations when wishing. Can I afford/want to outfit this character with optimal artifacts in the first place?
Tbf what else is there to really do in this game?

Oct 26, 2017
Assuming you can clear abyss it's a better use of your resin to raise character level and talents as that is consistent predictable progression where as artifact farm is complete RNG.

After you've done that dumping it into artifacts is the best choice assuming you got enough EXP/mora for whatever character you are planning on rolling next in the future.

Oct 27, 2017
Tbf what else is there to really do in this game?

Imagine this, you have two heroes (and you want them to build well):
• One requires quite rare stats of the 4-set, from the dungeon where another set is pure fodder
• Another has multiple good builds, 2 + 2 set or 4-set that is from the dungeon where another set is usable

Now I can get the hero online faster, use less resin, and roll for two good artifact sets at the same time. Spare resin can go to maxing levels even if they give diminishing returns, or leveling other heroes, or collecting future books/mora for more heroes. This is from the perspective of F2P/Welkin only, where BP/Resin refreshes aren't a thing, so I still have to be tactical and conservative with resources.

I also think there has to be some kind of light when it comes to artifact rewards. It might be expensive, it might be rare like crowns, but transmuting stats or set-brand has to be possible in the future.

Last edited:

anemovision

Aug 8, 2018
Everybody who got Kazuha reading that the optimal build is 4 VV with EM sands/hat...

Nope, no, don't want to be scammed for days. Every character who is this specific with artifacts is benched from doing Abyss or other real challenges.

I am thinking perhaps it is time to take build-difficulty into considerations when wishing. Can I afford/want to outfit this character with optimal artifacts in the first place?

I'm running atk/anemo/crit on mine and 36 star abyss is done now I have him, he kills everything very quickly just from swirl dmg nevermind buffing my main dps. I don't think it really matters that much how you build him for any content in the game currently.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine this, you have two heroes (and you want them to build well):
• One requires quite rare stats of the 4-set, from the dungeon where another set is pure fodder
• Another has multiple good builds, 2 + 2 set or 4-set that is from the dungeon where another set is usable

Now I can get the hero online faster, use less resin, and roll for two good artifact sets at the same time. Spare resin can go to maxing levels even if they give diminishing returns, or leveling other heroes, or collecting future books/mora for more heroes. This is from the perspective of F2P/Welkin only, where BP/Resin refreshes aren't a thing, so I still have to be tactical and conservative with resources.

I also think there has to be some kind of light when it comes to artifact rewards. It might be expensive, it might be rare like crowns, but transmuting stats or set-brand has to be possible in the future.
Ah, I understand what you mean now. You raise a good point because few of us actually need Maiden pieces, so having to farm VV is annoying. I'm kind of having that now as I'm farming Bolide pieces but I have no use for Petra pieces. Factoring in how viable it is to build them in a suitable amount of time is actually an interesting consideration. When I think of it like that it makes me less likely to go for Kazuha because I doubt I would be able to build him any time soon.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I'm running atk/anemo/crit on mine and 36 star abyss is done now I have him, he kills everything very quickly just from swirl dmg nevermind buffing my main dps. I don't think it really matters that much how you build him for any content in the game currently.
Basically where I was. I had a pretty good crit build with a decent amount of attack so I just went with that and his anemo dmg is doing high enough numbers with the ease of use I just said forget it.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No point in my saying who I'm saving for anymore because this game loves dropping units that I'm not looking forward to in the slightest, but ends up being so broken or tailored made for me, that I end up spending all my gems on them.

b2fCog1.jpg

Kazuha is freaking awesome. He's more fun Sucrose for me, which is exactly what I needed. I feel he's going to be like Albedo. Not broken or overpowered, but fills such a specific niche, that the people that get him end up loving him.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody who got Kazuha reading that the optimal build is 4 VV with EM sands/hat...

Nope, no, don't want to be scammed for days. Every character who is this specific with artifacts is benched from doing Abyss or other real challenges.

the greatest trick the genshin community ever played on itself is believing that characters are only viable and/or fun when built "optimally"

a real shame

Oct 27, 2017
the greatest trick the genshin community ever played on itself is believing that characters are only viable and/or fun when built "optimally"

a real shame

It is a hero with two centered AoE skills.

Hardly something that changes the amount of fun I have, but at the moment, doesn't work because I have no spare swords, under levels, talents and needs a brand new VV set of artifacts (unless I want to strip Venti).

And the counter which isn't about Kazuha, there is no fun when you cannot fully complete Abyss/Boss challenge because your heroes don't have enough numbers or the shield to counter stagger-knockback instant death. Everything in open-world dies quick with no stakes or threat, and you have killed all of those creatures 1000x already.

I even try to play ninja Xiao because it is more fun than plunge Xiao, even if the damage is inferior. But you can only have fun cutting so many goblins, and when it comes to Abyss heralds, you better play seriously.

So... maybe it isn't the community. Maybe the game just sets up players to reject heroes/playstyles because:
• Some of them are trully inferior
• They all require absurd amounts of resin to power-up, asking players to commit
• There is shallow mastery or interactivity in deploying 2 skills, Venti/Kazuha/Sucrose are too similar
• Poor replayable content

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Woah. Just broke my pity on the standard banner with my 1 BP wish and got the Skyward Pride. Neato.

Kito

Nov 6, 2017
I really hope they announce Playstation cross save in the 2.0 stream. I've been slowly building up on non-event storyline content because I'd very much rather experience them on my TV rather than on my phone.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
What kind of rewards are we expecting for the anniversary? What does Honkai usually give?

Ngl, based on their track record with this game I'm expecting something like a free 4* weapon and some primos lol.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Is Razor worth upgrading if I've got Keqing?
...What am I saying, there's no way he is. Still, I'll probably upgrade him some time down the line for the hell of it.

Ithaca

Oct 28, 2017
I was able to put Kazuha on my friendship team this morning when an opening came up. He's fun even with garbage equipment against trash mobs.

I'm not going to have him built up for this round of Abyss to take advantage of the Swirl bonuses, but I'm sure there will be enough modifiers in future events (swirl/anemo/plunge attacks) that I'm not going to regret building him. Besides, if the rumors about environmental damage are true for the next region, a Venti/Kazuha combo could be very useful in exploration.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
...What am I saying, there's no way he is. Still, I'll probably upgrade him some time down the line for the hell of it.

I'd rather have a well built Razor than use Keqing. Razor lets me save brain juice for team combos instead of perfecting a single character's attack rotation for max damage.

Here is my Razor from before I moved most of his stuff to Eula:

Dedazen

Oct 7, 2019
What kind of rewards are we expecting for the anniversary? What does Honkai usually give?

Ngl, based on their track record with this game I'm expecting something like a free 4* weapon and some primos lol.
Honkai usually gives a free S-Rank character or outfit and a free 4* weapon of choice for the anniversary

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather have a well built Razor than use Keqing. Razor lets me save brain juice for team combos instead of perfecting a single character's attack rotation for max damage.

Here is my Razor from before I moved most of his stuff to Eula:

Yep. I'm a longtime Keqing user and I recently finished building my Razor. I'm finding him to be much more efficient, especially in Abyss. Way better synergy in comps.

Oct 27, 2017
i ain't no Genshin scientist so I don't got any numbers to show you, but Razor is the character I have the most fun with when I just want to hit shit.

PRed

Jan 7, 2018
I got Keqing recently and I'm leaning towards seeing her as a sub-dps for optimally fun play. Her low energy costs make her a great burst bot, so I'm slotting her next to other sub-dps.

Attack rotations only exist on Ning for me, because even I can do E -> Q -> CA -> E -> switch out

Oct 27, 2017
Hey sorry for being late to complaining about this boss rush event but why the fuck does switching to a downed character still not pause the game?

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
I'm running 4 VV EM pieces. I get a sick attack VM piece that rolled crit rate crit EM and HP...you know how that story ended once I started to level it. Fuck you Mihoyo...

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Honkai usually gives a free S-Rank character or outfit and a free 4* weapon of choice for the anniversary
What is an S rank equivalent to? A 4* or a 5*? And out of curiosity, why are outfits considered equal to characters? I know in some games outfits basically make the character into an alt (with different skills and stuff), is that the case with Honkai?

Can't believe I was right about the 4* weapon lol.

Xagarath

Oct 28, 2017
North-East England
What do we know about Ayaka already? Is she gonna be good? What's her playstyle?
Going by leaks, with the caveat she might change on release:
She's a one-handed sword user and a main cryo DPS
She has an ice version of Mona's dash that temporarily changes her normal attacks to cryo when she comes out of it, meaning she'll be good at reactions
Her burst appears to be extremely powerful, hitting up to 20 times

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017

Yep. I'm a longtime Keqing user and I recently finished building my Razor. I'm finding him to be much more efficient, especially in Abyss. Way better synergy in comps.
Huh. Alright, duly noted.
I'll still probably hold off on levelling him up until I have all the characters I'm using now are at decent levels. Or until I get bored of grinding them up, one or the other.

NioA

Dec 16, 2019
I'm trying to think at a good party comp for Ayaka, never had a cryo dps but I feel like Ayaka/Xingqiu/Venti/Diona (or Qiqi) might be good considering the blizzard strayer set. Or Chongyun to transform all of her damage in cryo, that might be interesting too. I'm drowning in 4* sword

Oct 26, 2017
Genshin team really needs to step their game up.

They get tons of cash as a result of the game's runaway success and the first paid skin they put out doesn't have anything good.

While Honkai's summer skin looks like this.

New outfit.
Not sure about new voicelines as I don't have Herrscher of Sentience.
New weapon models
New special effects
New sound effects
Watery Burst animation
Fucking Shark bonk sword.

I really hope the Jean skin sales were super low to show that people aren't willing to put money into skins that barely change anything.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
What is an S rank equivalent to? A 4* or a 5*? And out of curiosity, why are outfits considered equal to characters? I know in some games outfits basically make the character into an alt (with different skills and stuff), is that the case with Honkai?

Can't believe I was right about the 4* weapon lol.
Honky's S-rank is equivalent of Genshin's 5*
And Honky's 4* weapon is also ~ Genshin's 5*

Genshin team really needs to step their game up.

They get tons of cash as a result of the game's runaway success and the first paid skin they put out doesn't have anything good.

While Honkai's summer skin looks like this.

New outfit.
Not sure about new voicelines as I don't have Herrscher of Sentience.
New weapon models
New special effects
New sound effects
Watery Burst animation
Fucking Shark bonk sword.

I really hope the Jean skin sales were super low to show that people aren't willing to put money into skins that barely change anything.

tbh it's been a while since we got this level of detail for skin (last time i think it's AE's bride outfit), Mihoyo really do simp HoS
btw she does get new line on bridge where she compliment herself whatever she wears will look good on her

Last edited:

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Going by leaks, with the caveat she might change on release:
She's a one-handed sword user and a main cryo DPS
She has an ice version of Mona's dash that temporarily changes her normal attacks to cryo when she comes out of it, meaning she'll be good at reactions
Her burst appears to be extremely powerful, hitting up to 20 times
That dash is gonna be sooooooooo fun to use lol

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
1fcb3f632dd49b06ac14a67890f99bc5_4216942634457753006.gif

I already have the ice queen. Ayaka who.
I know performance isn't everything, but it's hard to deny that she will likely suffer quite a bit from that comparison if she end up being inferior to Ganyu on everything... I guess she might end up being better at single target/small number of ennemies ?

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So... maybe it isn't the community. Maybe the game just sets up players to reject heroes/playstyles because:
They all require absurd amounts of resin to power-up, asking players to commit
• There is shallow mastery or interactivity in deploying 2 skills, Venti/Kazuha/Sucrose are too similar
This is why I don't get why people try and go after every single character. Where do you get all of your resources from, upgrading every character?

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I find equating Genshin to other mobile games kind of a moot point. It's vastly different.
It's also much newer than any of those mobile games it's being compred to, since they are monkeys old at this point.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find equating Genshin to other mobile games kind of a moot point. It's vastly different.
It's also much newer than any of those mobile games it's being compred to, since they are monkeys old at this point.
Yeah we should only compare Genshin to other mobile games when it makes Genshin look good.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I dunno why people are surprised when a character is revealed and they're a twink

As if every male player character isn't just tall twink or short twink

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This event just shows how co-op should never, ever be a main part of this game.

How are people. so. bad.

Oct 26, 2017
This event just shows how co-op should never, ever be a main part of this game.

How are people. so. bad.

Coop wouldn't be so bad if you could revive people (like in Honkai).

The reason this is needed is because enemies get buffed in Coop so you need all the DPS you can get. And if someone dies there is no recovery mechanism while in single player you can use revival items and even without them losing one or two characters doesn't hurt too much as long as you still have DPS that are still up that can carry the rest of the way.

If the good DPS die in coop one of two things happen;

1.The remaining players drag it out until they eventually die as they alone do not have the DPS to kill the enemy within a reasonable amount of time.
2. They intentionally suicide so you can try again.

Runs in coop really suck because of this while it wouldn't be that bad if you could revive.

Funny, the best coop content in this game (Dragonspine event Cryo Regisvine) was good in part because you could revive as long as someone on the team was still alive.

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
It is a hero with two centered AoE skills.

Hardly something that changes the amount of fun I have, but at the moment, doesn't work because I have no spare swords, under levels, talents and needs a brand new VV set of artifacts (unless I want to strip Venti).

And the counter which isn't about Kazuha, there is no fun when you cannot fully complete Abyss/Boss challenge because your heroes don't have enough numbers or the shield to counter stagger-knockback instant death. Everything in open-world dies quick with no stakes or threat, and you have killed all of those creatures 1000x already.

I even try to play ninja Xiao because it is more fun than plunge Xiao, even if the damage is inferior. But you can only have fun cutting so many goblins, and when it comes to Abyss heralds, you better play seriously.

• They all require absurd amounts of resin to power-up, asking players to commit
it's interesting that you are now talking about something COMPLETELY different from what you were talking about before but acting like it's the same

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Honky's S-rank is equivalent of Genshin's 5*
And Honky's 4* weapon is also ~ Genshin's 5*

tbh it's been a while since we got this level of detail for skin (last time i think it's AE's bride outfit), Mihoyo really do simp HoS
btw she does get new line on bridge where she compliment herself whatever she wears will look good on her
Oh that's cool, thanks for clarifying. I doubt we'll get something that good but if we got a free 5* anything I would be happy.
I mean Honkai is made by the same company so I think it's a fair comparison to see how Mihoyo operate with their other titles.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Ayaka showcase:

Yoimiya showcase:

We love an ice nuke and an fire-infused machine gun

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.