OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So this time rather than removing anything the world quest adds a pretty golden light in the new area. I hope it made Tyaren happy.

This is my cue to post some of my Remuria exploration photos. It's just too beautiful and breathtaking (literally, because we are underwater, but also figuratively) to not share any of it or not talk about it.
And, yes, the golden glow adds an extra nice touch.

53677338172_f82dc85e85_o.png

53678429940_94a57bf724_o.png

53678332824_2a3070de45_o.png

53681299422_96bd2c862c_o.png

53682369733_f610b8b301_o.png

53682530934_04e82df2c2_o.png

It's not all perfect though. This glowing gate is removed once you first complete the combat trial. I wish someone told me that. I would have not attempted the trial. But I was still on my toes out of habit and took plenty pictures of the place before starting the trial. ;)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
GMMUQgkWkAE1ilA

Cleaned up those last 2 stars on 12-1 and 12-2 with Arlecchino. God damn she's really good, her rotations being a bit flexible really helps.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Confession time: I completely forgot this NPC existed.

baus-extras-dandy.jpg

I also barely did her challenges because I did not know there were three tiers of each one, each one giving bigger chests than the one before.

She alone helped me fill all Encounter Points of today lmao.

In other news, started properly dipping my toes into exploring the Sea of Bygone Eras today. Stopped because we're entering yet another heat wave in my country that should last five or six more days, and I eventually started feeling hot plastic smell coming from my computer 💀

Will have to do little by little every day.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Are they fucking insane? The end of the Remuria quest was incredible, especially the music.

Foolish

Jun 23, 2022
All Hydroculus get. All map regions 100% complete get. Fountain maxed, all hydro sigil shop items get. Fontaine Complete = Very Yes

This feels really good.

Also I said "screw it" and used all my leftover wishes and primogem earnings from the above accomplishments to try on Arlecchino's banner some more. I won the 50/50 and now I have C1R1 Arlecchino.

This feels really, really good. N-now I'll start saving for pyro archon, I swear... I promise...

Narrator: Foolish would later throw all his wishes at Clorinde, fail spectacularly, and learn nothing in the process.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's unfortunate that you can't get across in photos how environment art, music and movement/animation come so perfectly together here.

53677104497_4202e7eeb6_o.png

53675734776_a820f0a033_o.png

53676119608_8e170c7a68_o.png

53679366539_b30aa27a6c_o.png

53676187800_23e8de05a2_o.png

53679464355_57ceef102f_o.png

Hoyoverse often does short clips of going through new environments in patch preview streams. I wish they would do much longer, more elaborate videos or trailers of that sort, so you could share them and give everyone, who has not experienced Genshin themselves, an idea of how beautiful and magical these environments are.
I'm still hoping that Genshin's environments also reach more JRPG developers, so they step up their environment game, particularly their open world environment game. Outside of maybe Xenoblade games I'm regularly underwhelmed of what JRPGs offer us thus far. :/

Despite the lack of VA, World Quests are still my favourite part of the game.

Voice acting would make them some of the best sidequesting in any RPG.
Imagine hearing the Aranara actually speak! Wouldn't everyone just love that? :D

Last edited:

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I just finished the new world quest and oh my god, the cutscenes, the music, the atmosphere, the story... they outdid themselves again. I just feel warm and fuzzy, love this game. <3

That one vishap legend has my respect
I found that guy 10 minutes ago and he murdered my exploration team. I took my Cyno team to kill him and even then I needed 3 retries lol, C6 Yaoyao healing was working overtime lol. But I got it in the end, it was fun!

All Hydroculus get. All map regions 100% complete get. Fountain maxed, all hydro sigil shop items get. Fontaine Complete = Very Yes

This feels really good.

Also I said "screw it" and used all my leftover wishes and primogem earnings from the above accomplishments to try on Arlecchino's banner some more. I won the 50/50 and now I have C1R1 Arlecchino.

This feels really, really good. N-now I'll start saving for pyro archon, I swear... I promise...

Narrator: Foolish would later throw all his wishes at Clorinde, fail spectacularly, and learn nothing in the process.
Dang, congrats on C1R1 Arle, that is amazing! Love to hear how many people have been enjoying this patch and banner. :D

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I love the look of Sigewinne's abilities but I don't know what teams I'd even use her in :(

I think I'll probably get Clorinde then save for Natlan.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the new world quest and oh my god, the cutscenes, the music, the atmosphere, the story... they outdid themselves again. I just feel warm and fuzzy, love this game. <3

Yeah, the scenes where you alongside the whale and Osse swim through the cave, then later when you fix the bridge and play its strings like a harp, and then finally when you turn the entire building into an organ and illuminate the sky was just pure magic. Particularly that last part felt so 90ies Disney but anime. The art, the music, the wholesomeness. It reminded me of my childhood and I had to hum along.

I found that guy 10 minutes ago and he murdered my exploration team. I took my Cyno team to kill him and even then I needed 3 retries lol, C6 Yaoyao healing was working overtime lol. But I got it in the end, it was fun!

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
Thank you! I am working on my Stonethresher for Gaming right now, but since today the domain is not open I did farm MH/GT domain again and I got a nice double crit and HP flower for Neuvi. So far it rolled into crit twice and is +12. Already and upgrade over his old one, just at the loss of 18 ER. Excited to see how it will continue to roll at 16 and 20. :D

I can understand you, I want her too. So cute.
So far her kit looks like she is just a good healer for Furina, nothing much else. Hope she gets buffed during the beta!
Ah nice, I think the MH artifact domain is the new most efficient place to use resin isn't it for sure! Will go back there after I'm done with Arle's domain, might even do half and half and switch between them. Hope your new piece for Neuvi continues rolling nicely!

With regards to Sigewinne, hopefully she gets heavily buffed during the beta. As you say, she just looks a bit unnecessary for most teams currently. Hopefully they can lean in to something to make her have a unique identity, she has the BOL stuff but it doesn't seem like it actually has uses for teams in general at the moment and is undercooked. Strange really how she is at the moment, being a hydro unit surely they know that she is going into to a heavily competitive element (tbh probably the most stacked element of them all) so can't release weak?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
It's unfortunate that you can't get across in photos how environment art, music and movement/animation come so perfectly together here.

53677104497_4202e7eeb6_o.png

53675734776_a820f0a033_o.png

53676119608_8e170c7a68_o.png

53679366539_b30aa27a6c_o.png

53676187800_23e8de05a2_o.png

53679464355_57ceef102f_o.png

Hoyoverse often does short clips of going through new environments in patch preview streams. I wish they would do much longer, more elaborate videos or trailers of that sort, so you could share them and give everyone, who has not experienced Genshin themselves, an idea of how beautiful and magical these environments are.
I'm still hoping that Genshin's environments also reach more JRPG developers, so they step up their environment game, particularly their open world environment game. Outside of maybe Xenoblade games I'm regularly underwhelmed of what JRPGs offer us thus far. :/

Voice acting would make them some of the best sidequesting in any RPG.
Imagine hearing the Aranara actually speak! Wouldn't everyone just love that? :D
Well, Genshin has the unique advantage of being a service game. Most JRPGs are a one and done deal, they can't spend as much time building individual zones like Genshin. And at the end of its run, Genshin will have one of the biggest and most detailed worlds in gaming, and it won't be close, but that's because of its long life (besides the talent of course)

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What type of voice would they even have? Some Korok like voice? I cant imagine them speaking full sentences lol

Lol, I said that to immediately turn everyone off voice acting in world quests.
The Aranara would speak exactly the sentences that the dialogue shows. Weird and very lengthy dialogue, and that in funny voices.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, the scenes where you alongside the whale and Osse swim through the cave, then later when you fix the bridge and play its strings like a harp, and then finally when you turn the entire building into an organ and illuminate the sky was just pure magic. Particularly that last part felt so 90ies Disney but anime. The art, the music, the wholesomeness. It reminded me of my childhood and I had to hum along.
Yes! The part where you swim through the strings and the beautiful music plays and the camera angles and visuals are just so gorgeous and you fly through the water with the glowing golden bees, I teared up it was so beautiful! I did not expect to love the new zones/music and lore this much, I am just thankful.

What made it even more enjoyable for me was I used the same team for all of my exploration and the story, so it felt like an additional story in my head. Klee/Xianyun and Albedo. It was almost like Xianyun and Albedo were babysitting Klee but then got swept up with the Traveler in this grand adventure and had Klee running around trying to bomb all the fishies. Just so much fun. :D

Last edited:

Dofy

Nov 23, 2022
I completed the new world quest on the day of release and it's such a lovely tour through the new area.

The way it introduces the undersea area and then when you swim through with the released whale dragon guy (brilliant character by the way), when this game hits I don't think many games can match its sense of adventuring through this beautiful and otherworldly place. People who don't play the game sniff at it but I will always think it's one of, if not the, best open worlds in gaming at this point. It's just wonderfully designed and they keep getting better and better.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I completed the new world quest on the day of release and it's such a lovely tour through the new area.

The way it introduces the undersea area and then when you swim through with the released whale dragon guy (brilliant character by the way), when this game hits I don't think many games can match its sense of adventuring through this beautiful and otherworldly place. People who don't play the game sniff at it but I will always think it's one of, if not the, best open worlds in gaming at this point. It's just wonderfully designed and they keep getting better and better.
Yeah, you are so right. I always thought no other game would awe me and make me speechless like Final Fantasy XIV does and while the story is unbeaten in FF14, Genshin has taken the crown for gorgeous zones and an amazing world that makes your jaw drop. FF14 does it too but it does not have all the open world exploration that Genshin has. I just feel glad I had the spontaneous urge to download Genshin last year on my brand new PS5 when I was waiting on FF16 to release. That spontaneous decision really changed my life for the better. :D

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. did Arle's trial a few more times. I enjoy playing her. Won't add much value to my account, but I find her fun to play. I'm not sure I'll be able to resist for another +15 days

cons
have no interest in farming a new artifact set
my Glad pieces aren't great in all honesty
wouldn't go for her weapon
circle impact (Bennett)

pros
fun
I have a spare Homa she could use
adult character

question before I bite the bullet (i think my mind's already set on pulling lol) - I've seen people mention interruption resistance, and I see her C1 mitigates this somewhat, so, is it really bad? Like, it didn't feel like I needed in her trial - I remember same was said about Neuv, but even at C0 I felt comfortable with Neuv.
I think there's 2 aspects to it. The player skill side, which is are you comfortable playing characters who don't have innate resistance? Only you can answer that part, but from your post it seems like you are.

And then there's the character side. Compared to other units that don't have any innate resistance, it is less of an issue for her. As a normal attacker you're not relying on inputs like N1C, and unlike Yoimiya you're not relying on a specific attack for her damage (Yoimiya's N5), so you're free to dodge whenever without losing a large portion of your damage. You're also free to swap out whenever.
Now to get god rolls on my other artifacts for Arlecchino. I need a better Flower and pyro dmg goblet.
image.png
Damn, very nice. Shame that hp roll didn't go into ER, but otherwise perfect! Hopefully I'll get similar pieces soon.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019

I ran up with Arle, saw the hydro death circle, went "nope" and switched to Tighnari Yae Fischl Baizhu, I don't wanna be near that

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Overworld team Is Raiden/Arle/Yae/Zhongli so I was fine running into it. It gave me a chest so it was nice, the achievement too.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
TIL you can catch Crystalflies with the net lol

Was mining some Ore today and figured I'd catch some wildlife for my teapot. Also found a few more chests/puzzles in Liyue I never uncovered.

----

Also I might definitely have to be pulling Clorinde. I think I feel about her the way a lot of you all have about Arlecchino. She looks so damn cool. Honestly this has been the case for so many of the Fontaine DPS carries.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I need Father to bless me on Monday for boss materials, I only got 2 the first time

Witch of Miracles

One Winged Slayer
Jun 13, 2019
United Kingdom
cleared Arles quest and did the new world boss. Got all 3 of mat in the first drop, good start.

It felt as much a story for Lyney as it was for Arle. I really liked the development my boy got, he also managed to block Arles attack with an illusion of Freminet while hiding his siblings. I like how he used Arles understanding of their dynamic to trick her during that scene but ultimately Arle is faar too strong to care. Bro has alot of potential that I hope they explore

As for Arle herself, she really is a jerk with a heart of gold. By the end I legit fell in love with her, utterly fantastic. Boy did she kick our ass, we stood zero chance against her. We better get our full power back in Natlan, or else the strongest being will beat us with 1 finger.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Maybe I could go ATK% goblet on my Arle too and give Xiangling back her own. I'll be farming the new set and hoping for the best.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
hard to beat 99.8/194.8

would take ages to beat that with farming a new set
Oh it'll be easier once the new set can be strongboxed… in, like, two years.

Please delete this post. That flower and sands must be illegal!!

Also I love that art. Where did you get it?
I stole the sands from Keqing and feel very guilty about it, she's down to top 3% on akasha. Some of the top builds are ridiculous though, I'll just have to live with it.

I forgot to add the artist's name to the image, I'm usually more diligent. Here you go:

View: https://x.com/kamino_eru/status/1678701606874021888

Maybe I could go ATK% goblet on my Arle too and give Xiangling back her own. I'll be farming the new set and hoping for the best.
Optimiser recommended the atk% goblet over pyro for pretty much every team, which makes sense because I've got a bunch of dmg% from different sources.

If anyone wants the multi-target config for vv vape 2xN6 + N4, it's here (via nerde on jstern's server):

{"name":"vv vape","description":"2n6+n4","targets":[{"weight":2,"path":["normal","0"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":2,"path":["normal","1"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":2,"path":["normal","2"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":5,"path":["normal","3"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["normal","4"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["normal","5"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["skill","spikeDmg"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["skill","finalDmg"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["skill","sigilDmg"],"hitMode":"avgHit","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["charged","dmg"],"hitMode":"avgHit","reaction":"vaporize","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["normal","0"],"hitMode":"avgHit","reaction":"vaporize","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["normal","1"],"hitMode":"avgHit","reaction":"vaporize","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["normal","2"],"hitMode":"avgHit","reaction":"vaporize","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["normal","3"],"hitMode":"avgHit","reaction":"vaporize","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["normal","4"],"hitMode":"avgHit","reaction":"vaporize","bonusStats":{}},{"weight":1,"path":["normal","5"],"hitMode":"avgHit","reaction":"vaporize","bonusStats":{}}]}

Last edited:

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
You would think that after years of accumulating glad pieces I'd have some great stuff, but not really

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know I totally trashed some of them and Wanderer troupe ones too.

Optimiser recommended the atk% goblet over pyro for pretty much every team, which makes sense because I've got a bunch of dmg% from different sources.

Good to know

Arle now with my best ATK% Goblet
84WXOTt.png

I'll have the new set one day and more EM!

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I stole the sands from Keqing and feel very guilty about it, she's down to top 3% on akasha. Some of the top builds are ridiculous though, I'll just have to live with it.

I forgot to add the artist's name to the image, I'm usually more diligent. Here you go:

View: https://x.com/kamino_eru/status/1678701606874021888

I get it. I move gear around all the time and feel bad about it. It's so tempting to take my 50 cv glad sands and give it to Arle, but I just can't take it off my Ning. I kind of need it on her more because it allows me to get the ER she needs.

Thanks for posting the link :)

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Looking more at Clorinde, I feel the same way as I do about Chiori
Flashy, nice animations, but currently too close to other existing units.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoyed Arle's story quest.
She's cool. Also really nice Lyney stuff. I really enjoy her and Lyney's relationship and how she believes in him. If Genshin did alts, potential Harbinger Lyney with Arle drip would be amazing.

Nov 8, 2017
Stockholm, Sweden
You would think that after years of accumulating glad pieces I'd have some great stuff, but not really
Yeah same here, i have been playing since launch but i was still unable to put together a good set for Arlecchino, i have plenty of good gladiator flowers and feathers but i just didn't have a atk sands worth using, i have good atk gladiator goblet but i am not sure how much of a damage loss it is using it compared to pyro goblet so i am using a two set gladiator and two set shimenawa for now.

The two shimenawa's i use are insanely good though so that kinda makes up for not using a four set gladiator.

Now i will use all my resin just griding for Arlecchino artifacts for the foreseeable future. 😩

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Peradam your post reminded me that I have a good atk% glad goblet. With Ning's sands and a decent flower I had, I just needed to roll a decent feather. Annoyingly the last roll went to atk% but what can you do. I may stick with this build and just redo Ning's gear (which is slightly annoying because I run her often). This is 240 cv with the ER I want. The only thing I would change is the circlet if I got a jade spear at some point.

I may continue running the BOL dungeon and see what comes first: a better BOL set or atk pieces that can replace the sands on Ning.

TTCUsuM.png

traveler

Oct 26, 2017
Finished up 100%'d the new areas and by extension Fontaine.

They really finished on a high note. The ambience of Remuria is just perfect.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Aether during world quests - a God
Aether during voiced quests - weaker than kids