xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Honestly this weird 3rd banner stuff is the most interesting thing about next patch, and the implications of it for the game until the end of time
Will it be every patch? Or only festivals? How often will the characters rotate and how recent will they be?
Can you set an epitomised path and how badly will it fuck you up if you don't get who you want first try?
Is it limited fates or a new currency, how does pity work? Will it ever be worth it to go for a banner which does not build your main banner pity?

Berkut

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I went all in for that juicy Xianyun C6. We all know I pull rarely, but go deep into these banners when I do.

I had amazing luck last time, running out victorious with 330 pulls left in the bank, a C2 Xianyun, Qiqi and Tig, after amassing around 467 pulls beforehand.

But I just sat there tonight and thought I don't really fancy anyone on the horizon, I've got plenty of exploration left to do, Lantern Rite rewards, etc, so I thought sod it.

My pulls this time were not as kind.

I won an early.50/50. Nice. Then came Diluc. Shit. I'm doing these pulls, looking at my stash going down and trying to figure out where I'm going to end up.

It becomes quite clear to me that I could end up on C5, which would be killer as C6 is the game-changer. Anyway, I get to C4 and I've got 81 pulls left.

The next 10-pull gives me C5. So now I'm sat there with 71 pulls left thinking this is no man's land, just where I didn't want to be. I either lose the 50/50 or I win and bust out the party-poppers!

I hit pity with seven pulls left… Mona. What did I do? Why did I do this, I'm an idiot.

I buy three pulls from the shop using my excess currency and I've now got 10 pulls left to my name.

At this stage you just think, well, no point in stopping now. Let's finish up. But of course, now I'm going to do this, pull by pull, to savour the desperation, despondency and heartbreak.

And on my second single pull, she arrived - much to my surprise. Don't try this at home. I want the weapon, but even I don't think my luck will hold for that!

Well, I always said I wanted to play her as a DPS, so there we go.

If anyone cares to tot it up. I started the patch on 467 pulls and I now have 11 I think.

I got C6 Xianyun, Qiqi, Tig, Diluc and Mona, so 11 five stars. I of course C6'd all the four stars too.

congrats! that seems really good with 467 pulls in total.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I won't believe this Clorinde stuff but I'd still get her like I said I would.

Well, I went all in for that juicy Xianyun C6. We all know I pull rarely, but go deep into these banners when I do.

I had amazing luck last time, running out victorious with 330 pulls left in the bank, a C2 Xianyun, Qiqi and Tig, after amassing around 467 pulls beforehand.

But I just sat there tonight and thought I don't really fancy anyone on the horizon, I've got plenty of exploration left to do, Lantern Rite rewards, etc, so I thought sod it.

I won an early.50/50. Nice. Then came Diluc. Shit. I'm doing these pulls, looking at my stash going down and trying to figure out where I'm going to end up.

It becomes quite clear to me that I could end up on C5, which would be killer as C6 is the game-changer. Anyway, I get to C4 and I've got 81 pulls left.

The next 10-pull gives me C5. So now I'm sat there with 71 pulls left thinking this is no man's land, just where I didn't want to be. I either lose the 50/50 or I win and bust out the party-poppers!

I hit pity with seven pulls left… Mona. What did I do? Why did I do this, I'm an idiot.

I buy three pulls from the shop using my excess currency and I've now got 10 pulls left to my name.

At this stage you just think, well, no point in stopping now. Let's finish up. But of course, now I'm going to do this, pull by pull, to savour the desperation, despondency and heartbreak.

And on my second single pull, she arrived - much to my surprise. Don't try this at home. I want the weapon, but even I don't think my luck will hold for that!

If anyone cares to tot it up. I started the patch on 467 pulls and I now have 11 I think.

I got C6 Xianyun, Qiqi, Tig, Diluc and Mona, so 11 five stars. I of course C6'd all the four stars too.
Congrats on the C6. I'm kinda tempted to do this for Yae but I only have 121 pulls now and I'm still saving for Arle/Clorinde planning to get them even if I lose the 50/50. I'll still C6 Yae one day. I may still give her banner a 10 pull to see if I an get a Yaoyao constellation and if an early Yae happens that's great.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Congrats! Glad to see that year of saving paid off haha.

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I should really level my Xiao talents more he's at 6/6/6

Honestly this weird 3rd banner stuff is the most interesting thing about next patch, and the implications of it for the game until the end of time
Will it be every patch? Or only festivals? How often will the characters rotate and how recent will they be?
Can you set an epitomised path and how badly will it fuck you up if you don't get who you want first try?
Is it limited fates or a new currency, how does pity work? Will it ever be worth it to go for a banner which does not build your main banner pity?
Yeah it's interesting, 4.5 Special Program should help with telling us what it's really like if it really starts in 4.5

I hope If there is an epitomized path It's at least just losing once and not twice like with the weapon banner. It should help with some reruns not taking forever.

If it's a new currency we better get a decent amount of it or have pity be lower.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, no, lol. That old man's walk. I honestly had to chuckle. Then even Traveler and Paimon mentioned it.

Kaper

Oct 26, 2017
Xianyun's story quest was brilliant. Easily one of the best so far.

The new character models really pop now. Each time I add a new character to my party I do a double take at how nice they look.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't take this stuff as absolute, Chiori's kit stuff on the Reddit was completely wrong and included shit like a gathering mechanic on her E
and that wasn't long ago, whereas Arle/Clorinde is wayyy off
Clorinde really is too far off. But Arle is 5 weeks away lol. I don't see her deviating from being an on-fielder now.

That being said Sara was a war general or whatever and she is completely a support, so I dunno if it's that much different from a champion dualist.

What a mad lad. I'm glad it worked out.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Clorinde really is too far off. But Arle is 5 weeks away lol. I don't see her deviating from being an on-fielder now.

That being said Sara was a war general or whatever and she is completely a support, so I dunno if it's that much different from a champion dualist.

What a mad lad. I'm glad it worked out.

I know Arle is closer, but Chiori was extremely wrong until practically the day the beta leaked

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One thing you have to give to Hoyoverse, they've been constantly improving the visuals of Genshin on PS and PC. Some of the updates I still remember in about that chronological order:

- wind simulation on objects and cloth (no lanterns, banners, food stall covers or curtains in Mondstadt move, but they do in all other nations)
- volumetric clouds in the open world (PS5 exclusive)
- increased character texture resolution (PS5 exclusive)
- volumetric godrays
- soft shadows
- improved character illumination/shading
- higher polygon face and overall models (affecting only new characters since 3.0)
- sand deformation
- global illumination
- fish swarm simulation
- mist simulation
- "Gradiant Tint Rock Simulation" (that's their name for it, lol)
- new types of weather (foggy, foggy with drizzle)
- improved rain shaders
- High-polygon playable characters and NPCs through dynamic mesh tesselation
I won't give anything but disdain to Hoyoverse until they add 120fps on PC. I'd give all of this to get that.

Viken

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Give me 120 fps. I don't want to risk a ban using an outside plugin.

Orion

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cloud Retainer continues to be the most iconic bird mom around I see.

CR: One should use this mortal disguise so as not to draw too much attention to oneself from the other mortals.
Also CR: *creates a glowing, levitating bag to follow her around on shopping trips*

And her shopping trip with Traveler watching in horror as she bought everything in sight lol... has Zhongli finally met his match?

I like how she only just moved to Liyue a few days ago and Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper are already bored and desperate to see her again. Paimon dragging them by saying she couldn't be bothered to remember their alternate names was both hilarious and such salt in the wound to anyone who hoped they'd be playable before these npc reveals. xD

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah seeing them as NPC hurts.
Ei9DCyk.png

Tried Xianyun with Hu Tao, I should probably have went Yelan/Xingqiu instead of Bennett. it was okay but I'll probably just paly my usual team when playing her.

zeropercent

Teyvat Traveler
May 13, 2020
Mihoyo can just release another design in the future and say it's the form they used during the war, like madam ping (real) (not copium)

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
3rd banner could be cool if its simply a 50 / 50 like the regular limited chars and the 2nd 50 is just you picking whoever you want (like the weapons but without being a total scam). Would basically be a really easy way to do reruns for a bunch of characters at once (like you could put up a half dozen Mondstadt 5 stars) without needing to do specific characters

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023
I have Gaming at C4 (gonna be C5 with the free copy), hopefully I can be lucky and get an extra one with the free wishes we're getting

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Cloud Retainers story quest is the first in a while I didn't skip through as fast as possible. I hate the fact I don't like her kit.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017

Grats, always fun to read your C6 journey. 450ish pulls for 11 5 stars are a steal.

I have Gaming at C4 (gonna be C5 with the free copy), hopefully I can be lucky and get an extra one with the free wishes we're getting

I have him at C4 after 70 pulls and winning my 50/50. I threw another 50 pulls and get nothing but noelles and 1 Mona in return.

Good luck to us lol

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
The only way off field Clorinde would be enticing is if it provides as much dps as fischl / yae and also healing.

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017

Dang, congrats Fletcher! C6 in 450 pulls is such good fortune! Happy for you, she seems so fun at C6!

Grats, always fun to read your C6 journey. 450ish pulls for 11 5 stars are a steal.

I have him at C4 after 70 pulls and winning my 50/50. I threw another 50 pulls and get nothing but noelles and 1 Mona in return.

Good luck to us lol
Good luck, hope you get your C5 soon,

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I know Arle is closer, but Chiori was extremely wrong until practically the day the beta leaked
The mechanics were wrong, but the role was always said to be a geo support. Arle leaks originally said she was a plunger with lifesteal mechanics, in other words what Gaming is now. While they make multiple kits, they rarely have them be across different roles, so it's unlikely that she will change.

Good advice: Every 5 star is viable at C0.

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's a new thread, it's probably a good time for a reminder in case we've gotten any newcomers:

Pulling on the Weapon Banner and getting character duplicates is not necessary. Do it if you want to and know what you're doing, but don't feel pressured into pulling thinking you "have" to do it or you won't be able to clear content or whatever.
This thread has a proportionally high amount of light and big spenders, which may warp perception, but every limited character works at C0 without their signature 5* weapon.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
Since it's a new thread, it's probably a good time for a reminder in case we've gotten any newcomers:

Pulling on the Weapon Banner and getting character duplicates is not necessary. Do it if you want to and know what you're doing, but don't feel pressured into pulling thinking you "have" to do it or you won't be able to clear content or whatever.
This thread has a proportionally high amount of light and big spenders, which may warp perception, but every limited character works at C0 without their signature 5* weapon.

I would add what's also important in the end game combat content are grouping, rotation and energy management. None of these requires money to achieve.

Dang, congrats Fletcher! C6 in 450 pulls is such good fortune! Happy for you, she seems so fun at C6!

Good luck, hope you get your C5 soon,

Thanks, gonna need all the luck I can get.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil

I've been following this rule since I started playing: no 5* constellations and no 5* weapons, sans what the standard banner decides to give me. If a character is not perfectly functional at C0R0, I won't pull.

But I won't deny that it stings a little when I can't achieve 36 stars for the life of me 😅. I think that's their way of selling, preying on unskilled players like me lol.

Catchphrase

Nov 28, 2023

Good luck to us lol
I know that pain all too well 😢
Hopefully you get that last Gaming

But I won't deny that it stings a little when I can't achieve 36 stars for the life of me 😅. I think that's their way of selling, preying on unskilled players like me lol.
I don't always get 36 stars either, but ultimately if you get 33 stars it's just 50 primos that you don't get, that's 1200 primos a year or 7.5 wishes...would cost a lot more to get 5* constellations lol

Nayishiki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been following this rule since I started playing: no 5* constellations and no 5* weapons, sans what the standard banner decides to give me. If a character is not perfectly functional at C0R0, I won't pull.

Don't worry you'll eventually get there. More Talents leveling to do and hope for better artifacts!

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
I don't always get 36 stars either, but ultimately if you get 33 stars it's just 50 primos that you don't get, that's 1200 primos a year or 7.5 wishes...would cost a lot more to get 5* constellations lol
Yep, not worth the hassle and hairpulling of retrying over and over again. Did that the last Abyss cycle and managed to squeeze a couple more stars in, but it was honestly not fun.

Don't worry you'll eventually get there. More Talents leveling to do and hope for better artifacts!
This is my Akasha profile: https://akasha.cv/profile/645839666

Yeah, substats are my Achilles' heel. I have too many characters with the right main stats but sub-40% crit rate.

Navia almost never crits lol. Thus, taking down the lv100 mobs just takes forever.

But getting the correct main stat pieces is already so infuriating and exhausting, that I honestly can't muster the energy to keep farming for better substats for all my built characters. I feel like I'd stop liking this game real fast if I attempted that.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Mine's at C2, I just hope he isn't too nerfed compared to C6.

Been testing his C6 version on wife's account and he's lots of fun. Can't wait to give mine something to do on Chenyu Vale.

1707152116763.jpg

Honestly, I shouldn't stress too much about those last 50 primos, since I won't be pulling until 4.6 AT LEAST… but my hyper-competitive side gets butthurt every time the clock gets under 7:00 lol.

If you don't enjoy the abyss to get some practice in and also don't have any vertical investment then it's understandable, I wouldn't feel bad about it. Just some thoughts from watching your teams:
There isn't much synergy in your 1st half team, I'm surprised you even got 2 stars in each chamber. Neuvillette is perfect for the 1st half and then you can use some strong single target team in the 2nd half like hyperbloom, national teams, hutao with a bow character added to deal with the last enemy. For the two worm enemies you basically do the rotation immediately at the start of the fight for the first dps window they give you and then wait for the next opportunity, it can be tricky to not waste your dps windows against these enemies.

El Buga

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
If you don't enjoy the abyss to get some practice in and also don't have any vertical investment then it's understandable, I wouldn't feel bad about it. Just some thoughts from watching your teams:
There isn't much synergy in your 1st half team, I'm surprised you even got 2 stars in each chamber. Neuvillette is perfect for the 1st half and then you can use some strong single target team in the 2nd half like hyperbloom, national teams, hutao with a bow character added to deal with the last enemy. For the two worm enemies you basically do the rotation immediately at the start of the fight for the first dps window they give you and then wait for the next opportunity, it can be tricky to not waste your dps windows against these enemies.
I tried that. I don't have any team that can deal as much damage as that Neuvillette squad, so I normally deploy them to the bosses' side. I tried inverting teams in the last cycle and going with Kuki/Yelan/Kokomi/Alhaitham or that Navia team to fight the bosses, but they just took forever to be downed.

I don't have Hutao, and my National is still not built because shitty artifact RNG. The NO domain is particularly horrible, dropping only HP and DEF pieces 95% of the time. The "R" in RNG is really questionable in this game…

And that Navia team worked well imo, Kuki and Kokomi constantly generated shards for her skill. The problem is that she rarely crits, ironically it happens way more often with normal overworld mobs lol. Killing a random slime with a 90k+ hit happens almost everyday.

I can beat both sides between 4 and 5 minutes currently, with some consistency.