Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumi

Oct 26, 2017
There's too much meat in this game.
50403649661_b7b2c1ac06_o.png

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaaaaaaaan, been using Reshade since day one and loving it, now they broke it, not sure what they did on their end but had to uninstall it for the game to work, sad!
It looked so much prettier with it on.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. I thought the map was fairly big already, then I started making progress on that cooking quest that led me southwest and I realized how little of the map I'd actually seen.

This game is so damn good and I can't convince any of my friends to try it out.

I used 'Add a non steam games to my library'.
The game exe not the launcher.
Do we know what happens to this if there's an update for the game?

badatorigami

Dec 5, 2019
Gave it a couple hours on my phone today and enjoyed it a fair amount, but don't think I'll be able to stick with it with such a small screen and touchscreen controls.

Have the devs given any word on whether the eventual switch port will allow account sharing from mobile?

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
How long is the story? Is it any good?

Also, what's the consensus on the quest design?

Quests are standard fare. Go here, do this puzzle, run through this short dungeon. Sidequests are similar, but I've already done a big difficult one that gave me like 3 regular chests and 2 of the best chests for completing it, and it was more involved than the story has been so far.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the fastest way to gain energy for your burst skills?

be Diluc

seriously, he gains Super energy from using it and hitting enemies with it. I can generally fill up up 3/4th of the way when it hits 3 enemies

other than that, switch characters constantly and Synergize. I like to use Barbara's R2 to Wet enemies and trigger healing, then switch to Chongyun and R2 to make the ice weapon buff, and now enemies are freezing so I'm getting tons of element energy. Make use of your team.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
So what's the fastest way to gain energy for your burst skills?
Definitely depends on the character. Razor for example has like, crazy upkeep & if done right is almost constantly in Beeg Wolf Mode. Only problem is he's discouraged from swapping at all cus it expires when you do that. Xianling has a great burst but struggles super hard to build it up thanks to her 'inactive' elemental skill. Some characters can just dump out bursts while others take it slower; generally I would say the slower charge rate the stronger the burst but, we'll Razor exists.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Liyue's got some comfy ass music, especially that piano piece.

Beautiful pictures.
I'm jealous of those PC visuals. It's not looking good on PS4 draw distance-wise. I hope PS5 can remedy that.

It's really comfy for sure, loving it.

Now if only the game recognized this and provided me with the Geo Caster DPS of my dreams.

Oh, do you by chance mean this beautiful lady?

217b6c1f68b2399617ce142ca3cbf5fc_8146647946812259104.gif

For all my bad luck, at least I was lucky enough to pull her. :3

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
"free" doesn't change anything, and this should be compared to every other game available on PC/PS4

there are more engaging open world games with better combat, writing, traversal, questing, etc than this
One of the biggest draws is the whole presentation. There is nothing that can currently compete with Genshin in terms of the kind of visuals and open world it has. I also don't get why not being the absolute best at everything would erase the desire to play it, with best being quite subjective too.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Got 2 Barbaras from the set of 10 pulls from the Venti banner. Actually pretty happy with that. Know you get her for free for hitting AR20 before 1.1, but not sure if I'll get enough time to play this month to get to AR20 before 1.1. So at least this way I didn't miss out on a 'free' character lol. From what I understand she does some healing so seems nice to have on the party.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Man this game is great, the exploration is so rewarding since everything you find is useful.

A tip is to talk to every NPC you meet. I talked to one of the nuns in the cathedral and she gave me a 4* artifact for example.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking as a fan of the game,

The story is dreadful.

The quests are dreadful.

But you endure them to keep exploring and to experience combat. But they are terrible in themselves. Im sorry to say this but its the truth.

I saw you repeat that a couple of times now and I wasn't going to say anything at first...but come on, lol.

The story is so far simple but pretty charming. There is nothing dreadful about it.
The main story quests are standard JRPG fare, nothing dreadful there either. The character side quests are pretty good actually and again very charming (the best word I can find for it). Lengthy, very varied in what you do in them, they bring the characters, world and lore closer to you, they have high production value, sometimes even cutscenes, they feel rewarding and I can't wait to be able to do the next chapter or to meet the next character.

so far it seems prity standard jrpg, not awful, but nothing specal.

This.
I have no idea why someone who apparently loves a game needs to engage in such negative hyperbole repeatedly.

Last edited:

thematic

Fallen Guardian
Oct 31, 2017
it's a FREE game with story and quest better than some PAID games
i think that's pretty special...

Leplutorius

Oct 28, 2017
I started Xenoblade 2 with high expectations and after 40 hours (I played it rather slowly) I'm disappointed with main and side quests.

While playing Genshin Impact I expected nothing and got something more engaging.

And it goes without saying I payed Nintendo money for Xeno.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It feels exactly like how any number of gacha games' story plays out, which is kinda hilarious in itself despite being so different in gameplay. Nothing good or bad about that, but its rote for the genre.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do you get any more free pulls later? Im at AR15 now. Or would i need to grind/buy gems from now on?

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Battlepass is 15? What does it include?

Battle pass is $10, it also has free rewards and a $20 that seems absolutely useless (everything from $10 plus a nameplay and another similar thing)

I'm thinking that $5 thingy that gives you coins every day.

I'll be playing this game possibly until December or until I run out of things to so so, might pay til then.

Xils

Feb 4, 2020
Wait, this is free and without P2W mechanics?
Or am i reading something wrong??
Define win.
It's entirely PVE so the only win you get for paying is getting strong characters and weapons to clear contents easier. Even then, you won't progress that much faster than F2P players.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got around to trying the PC client today, and surprisingly, it runs beautifully for me on low settings, despite my PC being relatively old. That is until it crashes. Well, perhaps "crashes" isn't the right term to use, since the game screen basically freezes but I can still hear things happening (like my character moving, opening the sub menu's, etc.). Apparently it has something to go with certain Intel Graphics cards? The game plays so much better there than on my phone, I just wish I could actually play it without it locking up. Here's hoping they patch things soon.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
There's no p2w because you don't really win anything. It's very much a single player open world exploration game. With stories, cutscene and side quests. You can absolutely experience the whole thing without paying anything.
Yes pretty much. The games doesent force you to use MTX, at least so far.
Define win.
It's entirely PVE so the only win you get for paying is getting strong characters and weapons to clear contents easier. Even then, you won't progress that much faster than F2P players.

Damn, i had no idea.
Well, i guess I´m in then.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Is it worth it to get the monthly welkin pass?
IMO yes.

It's $5.00 and it gives you around 18 pulls over 30 days, plus 300 premium currency every time you get it.

Got 2 Barbaras from the set of 10 pulls from the Venti banner. Actually pretty happy with that. Know you get her for free for hitting AR20 before 1.1, but not sure if I'll get enough time to play this month to get to AR20 before 1.1. So at least this way I didn't miss out on a 'free' character lol. From what I understand she does some healing so seems nice to have on the party.
I hit 15 today. When does 1.1 drop?

I heard a rumor that you'd get another freebie at AR 40 once it drops.

MattAces

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Malaysia
IMO yes.

It's $5.00 and it gives you around 18 pulls over 30 days, plus 300 premium currency every time you get it.
But there's the first time purchase for those crystal packs... hmm
I think i'll just get the pass. Loving the game a lot. I have a very strong will with f2p games but for the first time ever, I kinda want to pay it.

Status
Not open for further replies.