Mihoyo's stunning environmental art:

50394041768_b53e25da1e_o.png

50394900392_5f07bcf7b8_o.png

50394731016_be0a19111b_o.png

50394041948_33b1a72a7b_o.png

50394731146_52e6160bce_o.png

I sometimes just want to sightsee and photograph in this game. :3

Edge
I did and I stopped, because it kinda upset me to see in detail just how much everything had to be dialed back. XD For now I am taking some pretty shots of interiors which saw the least or no noticable changes until PS5 launches.

Last edited:

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
So on PC the only option for full screen I see is 4096x2160 everything else is windowed mode. I have a 4k screen at 3840x2160, so I don't want to use a squished resolution. Anyone know if there's a way to get it to let me set my actual desired resolution?

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
As an F2P player is it best to spend primo gems on the limited banner or the standard banner and slowly build up to a 5 star pity?

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So on PC the only option for full screen I see is 4096x2160 everything else is windowed mode. I have a 4k screen at 3840x2160, so I don't want to use a squished resolution. Anyone know if there's a way to get it to let me set my actual desired resolution?
For me, the only full screen option is my native resolution of 3840x2160 -- everything else is windowed.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Did 4 pulls in my game so far and only got the absolute minimum of 1 4 star per 10 pull.
4 4 stars so far, fuck my luck.
And since I'm on PS4, no reroll.
I'm on PC and refuse to reroll because it's already tied to my main email. Same luck here. Not only 4 stars but the 4 stars we are already getting for free. Noel, Noel, Xiangling and Barbara.

It's a good thing I actually enjoy the game. Hopefully my luck improves down the road. Now I'm not sure if I should just start hoarding or keep pulling. Not like I have a bad team or anything. Just nothing special.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the purpose for a 5* reroll at the moment. Does it become more important later on? Seems like people are getting caught up on the rarity vs everything else.

It's a unique chance to get a 5* while you didn't put time on the game and can get away with it, after that you will have to live with your gacha luck, at least for me it's the main point, is this necessary in any way? I don't think so ...

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Edge
I did and I stopped, because it kinda upset me to see in detail just how much everything had to be dialed back. XD For now I am taking some pretty shots of interiors which saw the least or no noticable changes until PS5 launches.

Awww, but I want to see that, even if it would kill me too. 😅

I really hope they won't only focus on F2P content updates like it would be typical for these games and that they try to polish this console version over time.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Do you get better movement options later on or is it just the initial glider and then any increased stamina from the towers? Navigation feels slightly too slow to really encourage exploration. Though I'm only on the second part of the prologue after hitting rank 10.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's kind of the intention with a gacha business model, for people to get caught up in that

The thing is, in all the gacha games I've played, the higher rarity characters are legit game changers. I think back to when Egyptian Gods came out to US Puzzle and Dragons. Ra and Horus were literally the best cards in the entire game. If you had them, and the skill to use them, none of the content was challenging. Other games have that same methodology of releasing high rarity units that completely change the game. Thus far, it doesn't feel like this game does that.

But it COULD be later on? Not 100% sure and that's why I ask if it's anything other than desire sensor.

Do you get better movement options later on or is it just the initial glider and then any increased stamina from the towers? Navigation feels slightly too slow to really encourage exploration. Though I'm only on the second part of the prologue after hitting rank 10.

I feel similarly to this re: movement. But I've been abusing fast travel when I want to explore an area since running around DOES feel slow. Also, I keep double tapping to dodge or trying to dodge cancel. It's hard to break habit.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

There are some characters that have some traversal utility to them, like Venti who can spring up into the air or Mona who has an different and slightly faster / more efficient sprint because she turns into an instant puddle of water (that can also quickly traverse bodies of water instead of swim slowly), but they're pretty minor in the grand scheme. Still helpful in certain pinches though.

kirby2096

Oct 29, 2017
Set it the resolution you want to use, then press Alt+Enter. That should make it fullscreen below your native screen resolution.

Maedhros

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I want to test this game but with downloads going at .3 MB/s I don't have the patience to even try it...

Everything about the gacha sounds fucking HORRIBLE (like every GACHA game out there), but the game looks really good...

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Adult male characters travel the fastest on land and climb the highest, and all the female characters swim faster than the male characters

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game not have controller support on android or ios? Because I'm already getting kind of sick of the touch controls...

dk0rt3z

Oct 27, 2017
Asking again on new page.

How do you enable rumble for the controller on PC. Mine is not working. Would help with the floaty feeling of the combat for me if I had some hit feedback.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I saw that a person was able to register with a username instead of a email. How is this done? The emails aren't being sent.

Edit: Found it, global mihoyo account is how it's done.

Last edited:

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Got a 5 stars and a 4 stars characters with my second pull on beginners wish.

Shouls I buy currency for the rest? I can buy 9 sphere things with my gems.

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
I been playing 30min-1h and damn looks so fun, I played around 10h of honkai and it was cool, but this is on a higher level.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Sure, why not? Just as an advice, stay away from buying acquaint fates and using them on the standard banner. Better invest in intertwined fates and spend them on limited banners, like the Venti one. Gives you higher chances of obtaining a specific character and has less weapons in the pool. Also always do 10 pulls. Because they guarantee you a 4 star character or weapon.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 users don't have to make a Mihoyo account to claim the gem rewards, right? Since there doesn't seem to even be a way to do that.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
Sure, why not? Just as an advice, stay away from buying acquaint fates and using them on the standard banner. Better invest in intertwined fates and spend them on limited banners, like the Venti one. Gives you higher chances of obtaining a specific character and has less weapons in the pool. Also always do 10 pulls. Because they guarantee you a 4 star character or weapon.

Great so right now there are two banners for intertwined and one for standar. Should I got for the venti one or the other is fine as well? And yes, figured that pulling by 10 would be the best option.

Yushi

Nov 27, 2017
Pulled Mona & Xiangling on my last beginner pull so im pretty happy. Got a second Xiangling on the limited pool. Was told I would get a third Xiangling later.

So yeah with the main character, Xian, Mona and Barbara at AR20, ill be good

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Well finally got in. Can you not invert the y axis on mouse? That might be a deal breaker for me.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
PS4 users don't have to make a Mihoyo account to claim the gem rewards, right? Since there doesn't seem to even be a way to do that.

Yes, they are just in your in-game mail.

Great so right now there are two banners for intertwined and one for standar. Should I got for the venti one or the other is fine as well? And yes, figured that pulling by 10 would be the best option.

What is that second banner? Isn't that a weapon banner? If you don't want weapons but characters you should obviously avoid pulling on that. ;)

Pulled Mona & Xiangling on my last beginner pull so im pretty happy. Got a second Xiangling on the limited pool. Was told I would get a third Xiangling later.

Damn, you are lucky. They are both absolute powerhouses. Also one of the examples that 4 stars (Xiangling) can be as good as 5 stars.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is anyone playing on mobile? I'm hoping that maybe the Switch will support cross saves and I can just continue on it.

teague

Dec 17, 2018
Sorry if this is answered somewhere else, but how should I be getting fates for extra beginner's pulls? Am I supposed to just spend gems or do I get some more from quests?

lapsu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know why but it looks like the trophy list for the game is in Chinese lol.

amon37

Oct 27, 2017
Been following the thread and downloaded yesterday but I'll finally get to start playing in a hour

Wink784

Oct 27, 2017

My advice would be to chill if you already got a 5 star. Play a week or two, make up your mind if you want the bard guy unit from limited banner (he'll be around 20 days), see how many limited currency you can buy at that point or keep saving. The rates are terrible and you should be really sure that you want a unit badly before using your primo gems on limited banner currency.

Status
Not open for further replies.