Status
Not open for further replies.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they already give a timeframe for the Lantern Rite Festival event? If so, that's 100% when Xiao will go up. He's completely tied to it

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
I have mixed opinions on Klee, but I may throw some pulls towards her.

Also, hit AR30 last night and am now going to farm up the Thundering Fury set for my girl Keqing.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
I have mixed opinions on Klee, but I may throw some pulls towards her.

Also, hit AR30 last night and am now going to farm up the Thundering Fury set for my girl Keqing.
Trust me, there's better things to do with your resin. I wanted to do the same and the drop rate of the Thundering Fury set is awful on that domain at AR30. I mostly got pieces of the Thundersoother instead. I'm now on AR38 and the drops seem to be a bit better, but I still haven't gotten a piece with a good main stat yet. I'd say only start going for artifacts once you are AR40 minimum.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Trust me, there's better things to do with your resin. I wanted to do the same and the drop rate of the Thundering Fury set is awful on that domain at AR30. I mostly got pieces of the Thundersoother instead. I'm now on AR38 and the drops seem to be a bit better, but I still haven't gotten a piece with a good main stat yet. I'd say only start going for artifacts once you are AR40 minimum.

Appreciate the tips. I'll change my approach!

Ascheroth

Oct 25, 2017
I've joined the Venti club.

I weighed my options and after careful consideration ended up going for pity on his banner. And I got him! (on pull 80, so 10 before pity actually, but I did a 10 pull while I was at 75, so technically I'm now at 85).
Since he is more useful for exploration for me than Klee is (Having to constantly switch between Geo and Anemo traveller during Liyue exploration got really old), he was the better option from the both of them and now I can also do some pulls on the Klee banner to get Sucrose and Xingqiu, without having to worry about "wasting" my pity for her. (Their passives are very useful for crafting).

The question is, how I do I fit him into my combat team eventually :thinking-face:
(Current rotation is Fischl -> Xiangling -> Barbara -> Razor (main DPS) )
ug58Mju.png

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Just reach AR35, tomorrow is time to grind to put all my caracters to level 70 and weapons to level 3.
I am at AR 37 and still do not have enough mora, materials, or resin to do get 5 chars + skills + mid-tier artifacts and weaps. I am just hoping I will get everyone leveled up by AR40 at this rate, which should take about 10 days. Not sure if I will make it at this rate. Don't really want to purchase the battle pass but I am getting left behind with the way leveling is scaling.

Jan 20, 2019
I am at AR 37 and still do not have enough mora, materials, or resin to do get 5 chars + skills + mid-tier artifacts and weaps. I am just hoping I will get everyone leveled up by AR40 at this rate, which should take about 10 days. Not sure if I will make it at this rate. Don't really want to purchase the battle pass but I am getting left behind with the way leveling is scaling.

Im just focusing on 4 caracters and my artifacts are all level 12.
I do have enough mora and enough resources to buy more if need it.

I only really use 2 weapons, but i do have a third level up just to finish the milestone that is need it to get that book thing to next level.

dodo667418

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 28, 2017
Appreciate the tips. I'll change my approach!
Sure, no problem :) I totally get the appeal, I also desperately want to have a good set for her but that has to wait I guess. I must have done the domain like 15 times and only got two pieces after AR35 and those two aren't even great. I would absolutely love a complete overhaul of the resin system where you could do domains for free (the drop rates are bad anyway) and double or triple your rewards for resin. That would be super cool and then I would also go for artifacts right now. But the reality is getting ascension materials and mora / hero exp cards with resin is just worth more. Btw you could still try your luck a couple of times, maybe your luck is just better than mine :)

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, no problem :) I totally get the appeal, I also desperately want to have a good set for her but that has to wait I guess. I must have done the domain like 15 times and only got two pieces after AR35 and those two aren't even great. I would absolutely love a complete overhaul of the resin system where you could do domains for free (the drop rates are bad anyway) and double or triple your rewards for resin. That would be super cool and then I would also go for artifacts right now. But the reality is getting ascension materials and mora / hero exp cards with resin is just worth more. Btw you could still try your luck a couple of times, maybe your luck is just better than mine :)

I'm going to do the BP achievement of running 10 of those shrines or whatever. After that, I'll go back to farming AR. If I get lucky, so be it. But I'll sort of temper my expectations!

t0rment

Oct 27, 2017
I guess that's it for me. I will come back for Daylies for a while to finish the rest of the "story" but the rest isn't fun anymore. Everything I could do is a grind with no real goal, except to grind more after that. It's a chore. Exploring the world isn't that fun anymore if you have most of the stuff, but this is normal. Didn't get everything at BOTW either. These games are the best if everything is new and you will see stuff to explore every 10 seconds.

As much fun as I had, I would love this game to be a normal 60$ release. I would pay it with ease and would be much happier to grind, if I now fur sure I will get what I want. But paying 60$ and maybe get nothing out of it? No, thanks.

Nevertheless: I really. enjoyed the ride and will be back if the new content is as good and as f2p friendly as it was until around AR 25.
yeah, i think that i'll be stepping back for while as well.

i'm at AR28 and the grind seems to be growing exponentially, for no real, clear goal. it's just grind for just grindind sakes, on the same activities for hours on end and limited by resin.

even the wishes aren't as appealing anymore, since the cost to level up a new character is so damn high that it would be just more added grind.

but still, the game gave me a solid 30+ hours of good entertainment and really fun exploration. i'd recommend it to anyone who wants to have a good time.

i'll be probably be doing a daily per week and check out on ps5, to see if the performance is improved in it.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
Was so ready to save primos during this next Klee banner only for the weapon banner to get me 😭

I want that Claymore but I see it shares a rate up with a catalyst. Does anyone know how the pity on weapon banners works?

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone give me a quick run down on leveling up characters and the differences between a 4-star and a 5-star? Are using the books/materials the only way to level up individual characters? At first I thought they might get some experience just fighting enemies, doing quests, etc. but I think I have yet to witness a level up from simply doing stuff in the open world.

I also presume that 5-stars have a higher level cap and are just generally more powerful than 4-stars.

Mr. Gold

Jul 1, 2019
I just started playing this game and have never played a GACHA game before (heard it referred to as this). As someone who has no interest in cosmetics or spending money, is there a strategy for playing this game for free optimally? I don't mind min/max characters, just someone who wants to play this casually with limiting the feeling that I should spend money

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Was so ready to save primos during this next Klee banner only for the weapon banner to get me 😭

I want that Claymore but I see it shares a rate up with a catalyst. Does anyone know how the pity on weapon banners works?

Power creep will be a thing, I wouldn't roll for a new weapon especially right now in the early days of a gacha game.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I just started playing this game and have never played a GACHA game before (heard it referred to as this). As someone who has no interest in cosmetics or spending money, is there a strategy for playing this game for free optimally? I don't mind min/max characters, just someone who wants to play this casually with limiting the feeling that I should spend money
Basically just play and don't spend money. If you do spend any money, the $5 welkin pass is the best bang for the buck. There is nothing technically walling off a F2P character or team.

Oct 27, 2017

• 5-Star pity: If a player does not win a 5-star item 79 pulls in a row the 80th pull is guaranteed to be a 5-star item. This counter will reset if the player pulls any 5-star item.
  • Promotional 5-Star weapon guarantee: Every time a player wins a 5-star item from a wish, there is a 75% chance it will be a promotional 5-star weapon. If the 5-star item won is not one of the promotional weapons, the next 5-star item won is guaranteed to be a promotional weapon.
  • Promotional weapon banners do not contain 5-star characters in their item pool.

The odds are better, but there are two 5* items, so it is... yeah... If you are after Gravestone, it is not good. You are looking at 80 rolls for the pity, and it has the 37% of being a Gravestone. If you get a non-banner item, then the next 5* has a 50% chance of being Gravestone.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Just play it. Most Gacha games you dont need to spend a dime and this one is no exception.

At one point you reach a point where you finished all normal content and thats when people do dailies or wait for new content to drop.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say just have fun with the game, do what you want to do of the main content, and eventually just switch to doing daily stuff as you wait for new content. There really isn't that much content around that you need to be as powerful as you can be at this time, and the little there is will still be waiting for you in a year when you have gotten stronger by having fun instead of grinding to be as powerful as you can be.

There really isn't anything you can do that will make it impossible to progress, just stuff that will slow you down some.

Mr. Gold

Jul 1, 2019
I'd say just have fun with the game, do what you want to do of the main content, and eventually just switch to doing daily stuff as you wait for new content. There really isn't that much content around that you need to be as powerful as you can be at this time, and the little there is will still be waiting for you in a year when you have gotten stronger by having fun instead of grinding to be as powerful as you can be.

There really isn't anything you can do that will make it impossible to progress, just stuff that will slow you down some.

Thank you and to the above posters! I'm hoping this scratches my BOTW itch.

Cheers

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
You have a good Claymore to craft, dont need the 5* one.

I crafted and refined a Whiteblind the first week of the game before I knew anything about stats 😔 So I've also got a lvl 70 Debate club I've been using and leveling Noelle slowly so it doesn't go to waste. Razors my main dps and still hits for over 2k but I've got claymore Fomo.

Jan 20, 2019
I crafted and refined a Whiteblind the first week of the game before I knew anything about stats 😔 So I've also got a lvl 70 Debate club I've been using and leveling Noelle slowly so it doesn't go to waste. Razors my main dps and still hits for over 2k but I've got claymore Fomo.

You hit better then me, i do around 1k damage with my level 60 claymore and 1,5k on average on skill/claymore combo.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone give me a quick run down on leveling up characters and the differences between a 4-star and a 5-star? Are using the books/materials the only way to level up individual characters? At first I thought they might get some experience just fighting enemies, doing quests, etc. but I think I have yet to witness a level up from simply doing stuff in the open world.

I also presume that 5-stars have a higher level cap and are just generally more powerful than 4-stars.

It's all about utility. I would not look into the rarity too much. You can get on YouTube and find videos about how to turn Amber or Noelle into absolute beasts. No single character is legit trash. I feel like the lesser tiered characters simply require a different thought process to adequately gear and optimize.

That said, characters are mostly only as good as their supports. Consider team composition and how each character plays off one another versus rarity and tier and all that. I have Venti, Keqing, Qiqi, and Jean. None of them are currently on my main team and I have no issues with any content at the moment.

E: My main team actually runs Xiangling, Barbara, Fischl, and Chongyung. I can mostly freely swap out as needed during tougher fights, too.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they already give a timeframe for the Lantern Rite Festival event? If so, that's 100% when Xiao will go up. He's completely tied to it

The Liyue Lantern Rite is scheduled again in February next year. I don't think they'll wait this long to put a fan favorite character in the game who is also already now present in the game story.

Jan 20, 2019

5* have a higher level stats compare to 4*, dont really know if they have a higher caps.

But in this game is all about team sinergy and combos more then anything, you can use 4* caracters and 4* weaons and do prety much all of the content without the 5* level stuff.

SpookySpice

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 22, 2019
You hit better then me, i do around 1k damage with my level 60 claymore and 1,5k on average on skill/claymore combo.

I got lucky with some WL4 5* gladiator artifact drops and I switched a 4* ATK goblet for a 3* physical dmg% one that increased damage a little for Razor. This is also after switching from Barb with the attack boost book!

The odds are better, but there are two 5* items, so it is... yeah... If you are after Gravestone, it is not good. You are looking at 80 rolls for the pity, and it has the 37% of being a Gravestone. If you get a non-banner item, then the next 5* has a 50% chance of being Gravestone.

Thanks! Good to know that's pretty bad so I'll hold off for now. Maybe I'll get the BP claymore and build a Crit Razor.

Jan 20, 2019
I got lucky with some WL4 5* gladiator artifact drops and I switched a 4* ATK goblet for a 3* physical dmg% one that increased damage a little for Razor. This is also after switching from Barb with the attack boost book!

Thanks! Good to know that's pretty bad so I'll hold off for now. Maybe I'll get the BP claymore and build a Crit Razor.

Ah i see, unfortonaly i only have 2 Gladiator pieces :(

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah everyone using Barbra for pure support should be using the 3* attack boost on swap book.

ZYEyAyZ.png

It's literally one of the best things you can give her. If your Barb is a4 c2 it syncs up almost perfectly with her skill

Ginosaurio

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Did the Klee mission today to test her out and saddly I didn't like her play style, so I'm skipping the next banner. Her bombs aren't sucked by Venti's elemental burst, which ruins my motivation to pull for her even more.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I've joined the Venti club.

I weighed my options and after careful consideration ended up going for pity on his banner. And I got him! (on pull 80, so 10 before pity actually, but I did a 10 pull while I was at 75, so technically I'm now at 85).
Since he is more useful for exploration for me than Klee is (Having to constantly switch between Geo and Anemo traveller during Liyue exploration got really old), he was the better option from the both of them and now I can also do some pulls on the Klee banner to get Sucrose and Xingqiu, without having to worry about "wasting" my pity for her. (Their passives are very useful for crafting).

The question is, how I do I fit him into my combat team eventually :thinking-face:
(Current rotation is Fischl -> Xiangling -> Barbara -> Razor (main DPS) )

It's been brought up here before but I'm really curious if anyone has actually gone past 80 rolls before getting a 5*. I've been watching some streamers here and there and they all seem to trigger it at 80 at the very latest.

I have pretty much the same characters minus Chongyun. You want to use a Cryo with Razor for sure since he is a massive physical dps monster, as well as Fischl when you can get away with it for elemental resonance and energy generation.

Barbara becomes pretty essential in abyss for her healing and ability to break fire shields, but I don't know why you'd bring her all the time in the overworld. Venti should 100% be in your exploring party because of his hold E jump.

Oct 27, 2017

I think you would need about 120-180 pulls for a high probability Wolf. Could happen on the first (60-ish for the 5* on average), but much more likely to be 2nd or 3rd 5* in the banner, and you always have a chance to get 3 books in a row.

Pull this banner if you find other 4* weapons useful. If you don't need those 4*, you are looking at the very expensive Gravestone and a bunch of useless 4*.

Oct 25, 2017
It's been brought up here before but I'm really curious if anyone has actually gone past 80 rolls before getting a 5*. I've been watching some streamers here and there and they all seem to trigger it at 80 at the very latest.

I have pretty much the same characters minus Chongyun. You want to use a Cryo with Razor for sure since he is a massive physical dps monster, as well as Fischl when you can get away with it for elemental resonance and energy generation.

Barbara becomes pretty essential in abyss for her healing and ability to break fire shields, but I don't know why you'd bring her all the time in the overworld. Venti should 100% be in your exploring party because of his hold E jump.
I got mine at 81

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
So how are you guys liking this game? Curious to hear what first time GACHA players think especially
Never touched gacha games before but this looked too good to pass (I love BOTW and RPGs). While I do LOVE the game I have to say the gacha mechanics are starting to sour the experience. The fact that everything is locked behind it and on top of that the crazy low rates...? Cmon... I bought the montlhy pass to give the devs some support but I would actually spend more money on the game if I knew what I got for the money I spend.

Dec 27, 2019
Seattle
Did the Klee mission today to test her out and saddly I didn't like her play style, so I'm skipping the next banner. Her bombs aren't sucked by Venti's elemental burst, which ruins my motivation to pull for her even more.
Yep. I unlocked her quest a day or two ago, played through it, and just did not like how she functioned. Looks like I'm gonna keep saving my gems.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Jesus i finally completed the event under 3 mins. I tried with my high lvl Mona first but the clots disappeared when i used her sprint so i had to do it with my low lvl Venti but i got caried thankfully.

Ginosaurio

Oct 27, 2017
Santiago, Chile
Is there a guide for artifact sets for each character? Or a rule of thumb to follow?

At first (AR1 to AR 25) I would recommend you to just focus on the artifacts of your DPS, using the ones with ATK% as their main stat. When you get to World Level 2 and unlock new bosses as the Stormterror, you will get some nice new artifacts and sets, as the Gladiator set, which is a nice addition to your main DPS character.

Csr

Nov 6, 2017
Screw Venti i never liked him anyway.
Looks like i will never get him :( at least i got super useful Qiqi from his banner

Can't decide if i want to buy the welking thing or not.
I don't like buying stuff that is not cosmetic in games, if i don't earn it myself it ruins the game for me but they are so stingy with the wishes that i might never get another character or decent weapon again at this pace before i get bored and quit the game altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.