• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which input method are you using?

• Keyboard and mouse

Votes: 161 37.6%
  • Controller

Votes: 235 54.9%
  • Both

Votes: 32 7.5%

• Total voters

Etaber

Dec 3, 2018
Just FYI I'm running with an 8700k and 2080ti @1440p and was having real issues with frame times during gameplay. Even though the framerate was around 70-80ish it never felt smooth. On the benchmark test my frame rate graph was all over the place and I was only getting high 80s for GPU utilization, like the game was CPU bound. I tried all the solutions I came across in this thread but there was no improvement. I was finally able to fix it by disabling hyperthreading.

Just another thing to try if you have stutter.

KomandaHeck

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody running this at least decently on a 970? Going to go through it with a friend soon but if you need to compromise with too many settings then I'll probably just opt for the console version.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
- resolutions between 91% and 100% run much slower than straight native 4k/100% on my 1080 Ti. Upscaling sometimes causes a performance hit?
Why not? Upscaling is an additional workload and if you add it on top of rendering in an almost native resolution it may result in lower performance than running without upscaling.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
That's weird. I have a much worse CPU than you and it runs fine for me including alt+tabbing and stuff. I would say it's a RAM issue but you have 16GB. Usually when alt+tabbing becomes a slow almost lagfest when switching between programs it's due to lack of RAM and the OS starts moving background tasks to the pagefile which is basically a partition on your HDD which is insanely slow compared to RAM which is why you have the lag when alt+tabbing. Are you running any background cleaner apps or gaming optimiser apps?

You could probably set everything to ultra and be just fine. I also have a 1070 and I'm running it at ultra across the board and achieving around ~90-110 fps average. My CPU is quite a bit worse than yours too with only 4 cores 8 threads compared to your full 6 cores 6 threads.
Yeah i'm trying 1440p with ultra setting except some shadow sett on high, the internal benchmark is encouraging at least.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Specs:

1080 ti @2 Ghz
6700k @ 4.5 Ghz
16 Gb DDR4 @ 3Ghz
SSD
GSync 165 Hz
Driver 436.15
Windows version

In-game benchmark:

zT2ZUzc.png

2560x1440, Ultra texture pack, settings max except FOV 85 and motion blur minimum.

Only played about an hour so far, so not reached the skiffing parts, but so far its been a stutter-free experience above 60 fps. Expect it will dip below at some point, it's hovered just above 60 on a few occasions already. I seem to be lucky though judging by this thread..

Thought I'd update now I've completed the game. A couple of areas with heavy volumetric lighting dropped the framerate to low 40s (thinking of Act 2, scene 3 in particular) but never during battles. Vast majority of the game reflected the benchmark and was free of stutters. Occasionally the game would hitch for half a second when loading into a cut scene however.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
So I figured out my issues. This game says I only have 5GB Vram available....im on a 2060. Anytime I go a touch over 4GB, the stutters happen all the time. Fiddling with settings, the only thing that seems to work is dropping world textures to medium (which looks bad) to keep it under 4GB. This doesn't happen in all acts but Act 4 its unplayable with textures all set to high

First off, is there a reason why it says I only have 5GB when I have a 6GB card? MSI seems more accurate, but I never maxed out my Vram when these stutters were happening. This game is crazy hungry for Vram.

YuriLowell

Oct 26, 2017
I keep having massive stuttering issues with ultra textures. Maybe i should back them off?
2600x and a 1080.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
1080p. 1440p is too much for the 1070 in most taxing games these days unless you want to drop a bunch of settings or happy to drop frames from 60.
i tried 1440p, everything on ultra except the 3 shadow setting on high and the space reflection on high and i have pretty solid 60 fps.
my 1070 usually is not even enough for 1080p ultra details with taxing games lol...

Last edited:

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
at 1440p?

the 2070super that i'm waiting is gonna devour this game on 4k if my 1070 can get such crazy performance...

You can't even get that performance on a 2080Ti at 4k. I can't turn up anything to insane at 4k without getting frequent dips. Have to set everything to ultra and you still get dips occasionally. Was still a phenomenal experience though.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
i tried 1440p, everything on ultra except the 3 shadow setting on high and the space reflection on high and i have pretty solid 60 fps.
my 1070 usually is not even enough for 1080 ultra details with taxing games lol...

Yeah I'm not sure it would hold 60 for the entire gamenand under heavy load. On my settings it hasn't dropped a frame outside of random stutters and I've played through up to Act 3. I've only got a 4.2ghz 6600k though.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Thought I'd update now I've completed the game. A couple of areas with heavy volumetric lighting dropped the framerate to low 40s (thinking of Act 2, scene 3 in particular) but never during battles. Vast majority of the game reflected the benchmark and was free of stutters. Occasionally the game would hitch for half a second when loading into a cut scene however.
Noticed this as well. Seemed to be one of the more demanding areas too so far, but I'm still in Act 2. Dropping volumetric fog to high (and SSR to Ultra) actually allows my 1080 Ti to do 4k 60fps in those areas but yeah, just for those areas.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Volumetric fog on insane is like a 25fps hit.

Yea I never touched that one. The one I turned up to insane was screen space reflections, but the dips were far too frequent, especially in act 2. I get about 53fps on average in the benchmark with everything maxed including insane settings.

Deleted member 12635

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
My Benchmark run with my 2700X and Vega 56.

Not to shappy 60 fps at 73% native resolution (3840 x 1600).

I like how the dynamic resolution scaler works in this game.

HmIPbpW.png

MrMattamus

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having weird audio bugs on PC? Dialogue is really low and not sure what to do. All of the levels are up and I don't have this problem in other games, so not sure if it's my headset.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
My Benchmark run with my 2700X and Vega 56.

Not to shappy 60 fps at 73% native resolution (3840 x 1600).

I like how the dynamic resolution scaler works in this game.

HmIPbpW.png
Just drop some things down from Ultra. I think it would be worth it to not have to worry about potential stutter from dynamic resolution switching.

Anyone having weird audio bugs on PC? Dialogue is really low and not sure what to do. All of the levels are up and I don't have this problem in other games, so not sure if it's my headset.
I did not notice any in my play.

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
So I figured out my issues. This game says I only have 5GB Vram available....im on a 2060. Anytime I go a touch over 4GB, the stutters happen all the time. Fiddling with settings, the only thing that seems to work is dropping world textures to medium (which looks bad) to keep it under 4GB. This doesn't happen in all acts but Act 4 its unplayable with textures all set to high

First off, is there a reason why it says I only have 5GB when I have a 6GB card? MSI seems more accurate, but I never maxed out my Vram when these stutters were happening. This game is crazy hungry for Vram.
Scratch this haha still getting stutters under 4GB. OH well.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Never saw anything like that, no. What GPU are you using?

People with < 4GB of VRAM have reported issues with textures.
Yeah this is my issue. My old ass GTX 970 can run it at 4K30, but the textures take AGES to load in. Even at 1440p textures can take a min to load. Wonder if it's a memory bandwidth issue since it's only using 3GB of VRAM

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
1070, 1080p TV. What is going to happen?

my 1070 usually is not even enough for 1080 ultra details with taxing games lol...

Like what? I've gotten ultra details in most games with mine, but then again I've passed up a lot of AAA games these days. I think the last really intense game I ran on this thing was RE2, where I was able to get ultra for everything except volumetric lighting at 1080p, with image quality at 130%.

Last edited:

krg

Oct 27, 2017
I've been able to play 3+ hours in total since turning off "Tiled Resources" and the game hasn't had a hitch or stutter in gameplay or cinematics, absolutely buttery smooth. Almost done with Act II so I'm hoping it continues as is into Act III and beyond, so far so good, fingers crossed.

This is with the enhanced textures installed.
yeah, this actually improved things quite a bit.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
Mine keeps stalling after I select "Campaign" from the main menu. Tried restarting multiple times, rebooting etc. I can't get into a game.

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Turning off tiled resources almost entirely fixed my stutter so I can vouch for that.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
really impressed with this port. curious if anyone with a similar setup to mine has any tips to really maximize things, either things i can turn up or things i should turn down:

vmLTR5C.png

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
You can't even get that performance on a 2080Ti at 4k. I can't turn up anything to insane at 4k without getting frequent dips. Have to set everything to ultra and you still get dips occasionally. Was still a phenomenal experience though.
Oh i don't mind tuning some setting down to achieve 4k60 frame.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I played the tutorial last night, and this is the most impressive case of pre-defined settings I've seen on a PC game.
Some rather strange things I've noticed:

- resolutions between 91% and 100% run much slower than straight native 4k/100% on my 1080 Ti. Upscaling sometimes causes a performance hit?
Do you have a minimum framerate set? Because I noticed the dynamic rendering only seem to trigger when the render resolution is set to 100% and a minimum framerate is set.

Meaning "100%" will scale based on load, but 90-something will not.

At least that seems to be the case for me on a GTX 1080.

Buenoblue

Banned
May 5, 2018
? I'm getting 4k solid 60 on insane no dynamic res with 2070 super and ryzen 2600. I do get the odd loading stutter entering a new area but otherwise silky smooth.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
Two questions.

Does vsync work when enabled from the Nvidia cp?

Does the judder I see from character movements come from playing co-op with console players due to their locked 30fps?

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
I played the tutorial last night, and this is the most impressive case of pre-defined settings I've seen on a PC game.

Do you have a minimum framerate set? Because I noticed the dynamic rendering only seem to trigger when the render resolution is set to 100% and a minimum framerate is set.

Meaning "100%" will scale based on load, but 90-something will not.

At least that seems to be the case for me on a GTX 1080.
I tested this without using dynamic resolution. Also, dynamic res scaling works fine for me even without using 100% render res.

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I tested this without using dynamic resolution. Also, dynamic res scaling works fine for me even without using 100% render res.
Interesting. Perhaps I was seeing the same thing then, and figured it was dynamic resolution turning off causing the drop in performance. Because I had it set to on and still saw a large reduction in performance (~10 fps avg). Could be a bug.

Buenoblue

Banned
May 5, 2018
Could you post your benchmark results?
I'm at work I'll post later. Honestly I've just turned everything up to max at 4k no dynamic res. I have dof at high cause I prefer the look of it. High res textures. 2070 super clocked at 1950mhz ryzen 2600 at 3.8ghz. Samsung q7000 tv. Bin super smooth. Im sure there might have bin a few drops here and there but I try not to let it ruin my enjoyment and just play.

shinbojan

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on 8700k + 1080ti in 4k/ultra/60/dynamic.
I've got to level 2.4 and no drops so far. Really happy with the performance.
I did have to turn off vsync as the lag was really noticeable.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Play on a UW monitor and just raised the field of view to 100. Looks glorious but now instead of a solid 80fps it's between 69-80 lol. I'll take the hit though, I love how the game looks.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't have too many performance related issues besides the odd frame rate dip during heavy fights.

I did have a few odd bugs though; one where geometry didn't load for a few minutes so I just endlessly fell through the floor. The other during a cutscene where a platform that had collapsed reappeared along with a few NPC's in T-poses.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
I started getting all kind of stuttering in act 2 so I disabled ultra textures and it was good after that. Hopefully we get a patch or the official Nvidia drivers help with it because we shouldn't have to do that.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game makes my computer sweat like never before. I'm seeing almost 600W power draw when playing in 4K. Sure glad I went with 850W Corsair PSU years ago, it might have been overkill at the time, but now it's paying off!

Oct 28, 2017
Where is this "dynamic 4k" option everyone keeps talking about? I see a window resolution scale that I've set to 1620p on my 4k TV to keep it at 60fps,is that it or am I missing something?

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

I have the same specs, thanks for posting this. Lookign forward to play 1440P @ 60FPS :)

Hoping the game ready drivers give a little extra FPS.