• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Library Gathered from https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-game-pass/games
* Maths is due Play Anywhere

gamepass-171119.jpg

Upcoming

Coming Shortly
  • Halo Reach (MCC) [Console] [PC] - 3rd Dec
  • The Witcher 3 [Console]
  • Darksiders 3 [Console] [PC]
  • The Red Strings Club [PC]
  • Vambrace [PC]
  • My Friend Pedro [Console] [PC]
  • The Escapists 2 [Console] [PC]
  • Phoenix Point [PC]
Announced Releases
MS First-party

• Halo: The Master Chief Collection [PC]
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisp - 11th Feb 2020
  • Bleeding Edge - 24th March 2020
  • Minecraft Dungeons - April 2020
  • Battletoads
  • Everworld
  • Gears Tactics
  • Grounded
  • Halo Infinite - Holiday 2020
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Psyconauts 2
  • Tell Me Why
  • Wasteland 3
Third-party
  • 12 Minutes
  • Carrion [Console] [PC]
  • Cris Tales [Console] [PC]
  • Crusader Kings III [PC]
  • Cyber Shadow [Console] [PC]
  • Demons Tilt [PC]
  • Double Kick Heroes [Console] [PC]
  • Drake Hollow [Console] [PC]
  • Edge of Eternity [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy 7 [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy 8 Remaster [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy 9 [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy X [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remaster [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy 13 [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy 13-2 [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy Lightning Returns [Console] [PC]
  • Final Fantasy 15 [Console] [PC]
  • Forager [Console] [PC]
  • Genisis Nior [Console] [PC]
  • Haven [Console] [PC]
  • ikenfell
  • It Lurks Below [Console] [PC]
  • Killer Queen Black
  • Levelhead [Console] [PC]
  • Life Is Strange 2: Episodes 4 [Console]
  • Life Is Strange 2: Episodes 5 [Console]
  • Machinarium [PC]
  • Munchkin - 2019 [Console] [PC]
  • My Friend Pedro [Console] [PC]
  • Pandemic [PC]
  • Pathologic 2
  • PHOGS [Console] [PC]
  • Scourge Bringer [Console] [PC]
  • She Dreams Elsewhere [Console] [PC]
  • SkateBird [Console] [PC]
  • Spiritfarer
  • Streets of Rage 4 [Console] [PC]
  • Supraland [Console]
  • Tekken 7 [Console]
  • The Escapists 2 [Console]
  • The Good Life
  • The Legend of Wright - 2020
  • The Red Lantern [Console]
  • The Red Strings Club [PC]
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Console]
  • Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
  • Totem Teller
  • Touhou Luna Nights [Console] [PC]
  • Unavowed [PC]
  • Underwine
  • Unto the End
  • Vambrace: Cold Soul [Console] [PC]
  • way to the woods
  • West of Dead [Console] [PC]
  • Yakuza 0 [Console] [PC]
  • Yakuza Kiwami [Console] [PC]
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2 [Console] [PC]

The value is just insane with Gamepass and it will surely convince a lot of people to buy the next Xbox instead of the PS5, if Sony doesn't step up their game with PS Now.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
With all these great games available day 1 buying a launch console has never been easier. The days of buying a console and 3-4 games with it are over. Cheapest launch buy I can remember.

I said that last launch when I bought a new Xbox and the store and my digitals were empty. I thought that was laughable. So glad that isn't going to happen again.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
In my opinion, the best part of Xbox Game Pass are the indie games that come day one. Really looking forward to Carrion and Cyber Shadow next year on that front. Great value, especially when Bing searches cover the cost.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Having game pass as really relaxed me with my backlog, now I know I can never play anything so I just go where the fun is at or where my friends what to play something together.

It's really a buffet now, love it!

Yeah this is where I've gotten. Giving up on the backlog is refreshing. I play a little bit of a lot of things. Put them down when I've had my fill. Stick with the ones that really grab me without worrying about what I'm not able to get to.

Oct 28, 2019
Gamepass has really matured. I used to be one of those hardcore gamers that every so long when I got bored I would buy a cheap game just because it was cheap and fresh. With gamepass I don't have to do that anymore. Gamepass has also matured to a point where there is always a game I want to play on the service. Earlier years it was more about getting exclusives and the other games were icing on the cake, but now there are many legit bangers and indie games to play now! I was happy to get Mutant year zero but now there's a game of that quality almost every month. It's awesome.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
And soon we'll be able to stream all of those Gamepass games with Ultimate at no added cost.

We don't know that yet. They haven't talked about prices for Xcloud service. It would be an incredible value if Xcloud was included with GPU, but I don't think we have any indication of that.

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
Is there any reason why some games are console exclusive? I use it on PC but I can't find a legit reason.
Adding a game to console Game Pass increases your sales on steam because of things like word of mouth and the general increase in visibility that comes with being added to Game Pass.

Many people will try Age of Wonders:planetfall on Xbox and go buy it on Steam simply because the genre plays better with Mouse + Keyboard, they wouldn't see these potential sales if Game Pass Ultimate members can just go play it on PC Game Pass.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Each game on that list has devalued itself simply by being available on Gamepass.

I'm absolutely furious.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Posted this in another thread.
But honestly it's like walking into blockbuster and Hollywood video but there is no rental or late fees. At least it is right now because I'm paid up for a long ass time.

MaulerX

Oct 30, 2017
Game Pass is killing it. And according to Phil they have "Millions AND Millions" of people on Game Pass. Best value in gaming.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Lmao, it's not even close. PS Now doesn't even belong in the same breath as Xbox Game Pass.

Also, your post history is incredibly suspect, especially in relation to this random post in an XGP topic.

"Goes back and checks my post history": You sound insecure. PS Now is still a better service. However, X019 has helped me with some clarity.

It's the exact same service as XGP. Please tell me what makes your brand of choice service so superior? I'll make a thread about it comparing both if you can't.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
"Goes back and checks my post history": You sound insecure. PS Now is still a better service. However, X019 has helped me with some clarity.

It's the exact same service as XGP. Please tell me what makes your brand of choice service so superior? I'll make a thread about it comparing both if you can't.

How is PS Now a better service? I find it odd that you say that. Indies pretty much ignore the service. They don't release their games day 1 on PS Now. It's either Sony doesn't care about PS Now, or they aren't giving much incentive via money or development or Sony doesn't care about indies at all.

Indies and Third parties will be critical for a subscription service alive when first parties are not there to fill it.

Last edited:

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Wonder if xcloud will be included in game pass like many seem to think, and if so, I wonder if it will be something only for ultimate subscribers.

Feb 10, 2018
How is PS Now a better service? I find it odd that you say that. Indies pretty much ignore the service. They don't release their games day 1 on PS Now. It's either Sony doesn't care about PS Now, or they aren't giving much incentive via money or development or Sony doesn't care about indies at all.

Sony seem to be worried that adding there exclusives day 1 to psnow would take alway sales, however this does not make much sense, because anyone who chose to play TLOU2 via psnow would be paying for the sub, so while they may lose sales they would gain subs.

Maybe they are worried people will get 1 month and play a new exclusive then cancel.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

Yup, they're the exact same service if we ignore everything that makes them different lol.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
User Warned: Console warring

I'm gonna quote my older post that our pal above here found INCREDIBLY SUSPECT, lmao.

Extras on PS Now:

- Legacy PS Games (PS2 Remastered, PS3 and PS4)
- Third Party Support is rock solid (hence the 700+ games)
- Games rarely leave the library
- I never had a performance issue (100 MB connection)
- Game can be DOWNLOADED on PS4 if not a PS3 Game (hence performance issue is a moot point)
- Is available on PC
- Remote Play on Android
- Doesn't require Plus to play
- Cheaper than Game Pass

Extras on Game Pass:

- Also offers some Legacy games
- Day 1 Games
- Can buy games on Discount
- PC Game Pass

Also, I'm sure the guy who accused me just now is probably not thinking about Subjective value.

Yup, they're the exact same service if we ignore everything that makes them different lol.

Oh wise one, why do you think some people are just ignorant or stupid about their purchases?

Last edited:

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
We don't know that yet. They haven't talked about prices for Xcloud service. It would be an incredible value if Xcloud was included with GPU, but I don't think we have any indication of that.
But they confirmed exactly that at X019. At least for Gamepass games.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
The value is just insane with Gamepass and it will surely convince a lot of people to buy the next Xbox instead of the PS5, if Sony doesn't step up their game with PS Now.

Was looking for a hyperbole post like this to post a list like this:

It probably has x10 the value for a person like me with all the Sony Exclusives, Fallouts, Personas, Mortal Kombats etc just to name a few.

Yea, people will surely buy the next Xbox over PS5 over a sub. /sarcasm

Not having Day 1 isn't an issue for me since I buy my games later down 2.5-3 years for a discounted price anyway.

Honestly, MSFT played the PR Game very well. And even though I have XGP and PS Now myself... I use neither service after browsing and end up playing what I own most of the time on Steam.

I can also confirm PS Now Downloads work in other regions if you can't stream the game due to server issues as does XGP because my base region is NA.

Besides for MSFT I rather just own the game; check out how much MCC is costing me now in my temporary region (base $39.99 in the US). Kind of bought Gears 5 on impulse for $19.99 on Steam Pre-Order and just waiting for Forza 4/Sea of Thieves to hit Steam so my collection for this gen is complete.

IZ4GKt.jpg

Last edited:

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Was looking for a hyperbole post like this to post a list like this:

It probably has x10 the value for a person like me with all the Sony Exclusives, Fallouts, Personas, Mortal Kombats etc just to name a few.

Yea, people will surely buy the next Xbox over PS5 over a sub. /sarcasm

Honestly, MSFT played the PR Game very well. And even though I have XGP and PS Now myself... I use neither service after browsing and end up playing what I own most of the time on Steam.

I can also confirm PS Now Downloads work in other regions if you can't stream the game due to server issues.

Besides for MSFT I rather just own the game; check out how much MCC is costing me now in my temporary region (base $39.99 in the US)

IZ4GKt.jpg

Awesome post to show what is important to YOU. The fact here is that Microsoft is making all of their first party games available on Gamepass and Sony is not doing the same for PS Now. The value is there for recent games, that is not there yet on PS Now and this is something Sony will have to strongly consider.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018

For me it does exactly the opposite. Game Pass is the reason I sold my Xbox, and now I can keep using Game Pass through PC and just get a PS5.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Awesome post to show what is important to YOU. The fact here is that Microsoft is making all of their first party games available on Gamepass and Sony is not doing the same for PS Now. The value is there for recent games, that is not there yet on PS Now and this is something Sony will have to strongly consider.

Yes, all ecosystems are important to me. Day 1 isn't an issue for me as I just also edited this original post you quoted. And yes, I agree with you, but Value will be subjective for everyone. I just find the Hyperbole really wanting and smells of console wars when its a war of perception and subjectivity. Since I own all platforms I'm speaking with the most non-bias that I can. Anyway, have a good day :).

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Yes, all ecosystems are important to me. Day 1 isn't an issue for me as I just also edited this original post you quoted. And yes, I agree with you, but Value will be subjective for everyone. I just find the Hyperbole really wanting and smells of console wars when its a war of perception and subjectivity. Since I own all platforms I'm speaking with the most non-bias that I can. Anyway, have a good day :).
You seem to be upset someone thought Game Pass is a reason to choose an Xbox console and refuted it by talking about what's important to you. I think it's a fair assumption that for the majority of consumers, newness of the content weighs heavily in the value proposition. And yeah, some consumers will factor a service like Game Pass into their buying decision if it means getting new content consistently for a low cost. Nothing console war about that assumption.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
You seem to be upset someone thought Game Pass is a reason to choose an Xbox console and refuted it by talking about what's important to you. I think it's a fair assumption that for the majority of consumers, newness of the content weighs heavily in the value proposition. And yeah, some consumers will factor a service like Game Pass into their buying decision if it means getting new content consistently for a low cost. Nothing console war about that assumption.

Lol, why would I be upset about that? You seem to be taking it up a notch. I'm bothered by people devaluing another service over another, when facts simply aren't true or they have no idea about the competitor (didn't I mentioned both my systems are collecting dust?). I don't care about subjective enjoyment for other people, they can play and pay for whatever they like. The problem is when people make hype statements like the ones I mentioned above "but muh brand is better than the competitionz". Also, XGP is not just for Xbox but Windows 10 as well, perhaps better on the console due to more games.

Day 1 is a Subjective Value proposition. I don't since I can outright buy them. That's all.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017

You are the one that is using the word hyperbole. Value is always subjective, but the objective information here is that Microsoft is giving you all of their first party games from day one under Gamepass and I think that is awesome. You might not if you are not interested in a single Gamepass game.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
You are the one that is using the word hyperbole. Value is always subjective, but the objective information here is that Microsoft is giving you all of their first party games from day one under Gamepass and I think that is awesome. You might not if you are not interested in a single Gamepass game.

Your objective information looks highly biased even if factual. What do you know of PS Now? Be honest, have you ever even used the service?
Sure, Day 1 games are awesome for you. Good for you.

This is Hyperbole fren.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Another Xbox thread getting downplayed. Game Pass is more exciting than PSnow. There is a reason we don't see too many threads about how great PSnow is. Until Sony follows suit and makes their 1st part games available day one, it will remain an afterthought for most gamers.

^ That isn't hyperbole. Not having to spend money on launch games is a huge deal.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Your objective information looks highly biased even if factual. What do you know of PS Now? Be honest, have you ever even used the service?
Sure, Day 1 games are awesome for you. Good for you.

Highly biased even if factual? WTF does that mean? Do you have a problem when someone says that Microsoft is the only one including their first party games on their subscription service and Sony is not doing the same with PS Now?

This is Hyperbole fren.

You should look for the definition of hyperbole. PS Now has 1 million subscribers, while Gamepass has 9 million. Is that enough objective information for you to realize that more people find value with Gamepass than PS Now?

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. You guys actually found a way to argue about this too. We are now arguing about subscriptions. We now have subscription fanboys. Incredible.

Anyways, the only thing that makes my eye twitch with GP is the difference in offerings between console and PC. It kinda pisses me off a tiny bit. Otherwise, it is a great service.

Manixramz

Apr 4, 2018
I think the problem with PS Now is that indies and third parties continue to ignore the service. A LOT of indie games are releasing on Game Pass Day 1, but yet ignore PS Now. I think there's an underlying problem.
do u aware that it is MS paying publisher to be on Gamepass ?

nobody ignoring PS now , Just Sony not focusing on this because their sales is good . The changes for PS Now is more likely to be inline with Gamepass.

Also it will be crazy to make changes like Gamepass , why on earth u want to make less money by putting all the games on PS Now compare to their currently profit on overall 3rd party and 1st party.

This kind of services shouldn't be mainstream. imagine big 3rd party also decide to start their own ( like EA ).
my personal opinion , as always , MS started something that hurts the overall game industry in long run.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I'm gonna quote my older post that our pal above here found INCREDIBLY SUSPECT, lmao.

Extras on PS Now:

- Legacy PS Games (PS2 Remastered, PS3 and PS4)
- Third Party Support is rock solid (hence the 700+ games)
- Games rarely leave the library
- I never had a performance issue (100 MB connection)
- Game can be DOWNLOADED on PS4 if not a PS3 Game (hence performance issue is a moot point)
- Is available on PC
- Remote Play on Android
- Doesn't require Plus to play
- Cheaper than Game Pass

Extras on Game Pass:

- Also offers some Legacy games
- Day 1 Games
- Can buy games on Discount
- PC Game Pass

Also, I'm sure the guy who accused me just now is probably not thinking about Subjective value.

Oh wise one, why do you think some people are just ignorant or stupid about their purchases?
Your posts are pure delusion.

Fahdi

Jun 5, 2018
Highly biased even if factual? WTF does that mean? Do you have a problem when someone says that Microsoft is the only one including their first party games on their subscription service and Sony is not doing the same with PS Now?

You should look for the definition of hyperbole. PS Now has 1 million subscribers, while Gamepass has 9 million. Is that enough objective information for you to realize that more people find value with Gamepass than PS Now?

Your intent is ridiculous with your starting statement of others not buying PS5 due to your subjectivity/hype statement to invoke superiority for another brand (it sounds biased because it is biased). And no for your second question.

1. You didn't answer my question(s).
2. So? All Sony would have to do is add Day 1 and that's all for XGP being better?
3. You're acting like I didn't mention I have both services and own all platforms.

Another Xbox thread getting downplayed. Game Pass is more exciting than PSnow. There is a reason we don't see too many threads about how great PSnow is. Until Sony follows suit and makes their 1st part games available day one, it will remain an afterthought for most gamers.

^ That isn't hyperbole. Not having to spend money on launch games is a huge deal.

Because most people don't own PS Now, as provided with numbers like 1 Mill vs. 9 Mill. More people will now praise gamepass for the exact reasons you mentioned. And that's perfectly fine.

Your posts are pure delusion.

Your posts are pure stupidity. I won't be replying to you again.

Holy shit. You guys actually found a way to argue about this too. We are now arguing about subscriptions. We now have subscription fanboys. Incredible.

Anyways, the only thing that makes my eye twitch with GP is the difference in offerings between console and PC. It kinda pisses me off a tiny bit. Otherwise, it is a great service.

No argument, forums are here for a reason. Everyone saying yes I agree to each other would defeat the purpose of discussion.
Lol, for your second statement, yes, me too. But doesn't matter, got an Xbox One X as well.

Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Lol, why would I be upset about that? You seem to be taking it up a notch. I'm bothered by people devaluing another service over another, when facts simply aren't true or they have no idea about the competitor (didn't I mentioned both my systems are collecting dust?). I don't care about subjective enjoyment for other people, they can play and pay for whatever they like. The problem is when people make hype statements like the ones I mentioned above "but muh brand is better than the competitionz". Also, XGP is not just for Xbox but Windows 10 as well, perhaps better on the console due to more games.

Day 1 is a Subjective Value proposition. I don't since I can outright buy them. That's all.
Opinions aren't facts. Unless you're providing data of people's opinions.

You are bothered by people devaluing a service and hyping another up...so you devalue a service and hype up another? I'm not following.

I can respect your preference. I see things quite different than you but so what? Someone saying that Game Pass is a reason for people to buy Xbox is no more controversial, console warsish or trolling than someone saying Sonys 1st party games are reason to buy PlayStation...and by no more I mean not at all.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC

If you read the topic, though, you'll see there is no "you guys." It's one fanboy with a telling post history, who came into this topic and derailed it with list warzz plagued with falsities, exaggeration and bias. There is literally one person doing this, over and over.

He doesn't even seem to know that Game Pass games are downloaded onto your Xbox, because in his "PS Now Extras vs XGP extras" list (which is laughable and so very wrong) he brags about PS Now games being downloadable to you PS4, bolded and with a large font with the word "DOWNLOADED" in all caps, and how therefore there are no performance issues. Yes, I'm serious. Even if he deletes it, it's already been quoted a few times.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
do u aware that it is MS paying publisher to be on Gamepass ?

nobody ignoring PS now , Just Sony not focusing on this because their sales is good . The changes for PS Now is more likely to be inline with Gamepass.

Also it will be crazy to make changes like Gamepass , why on earth u want to make less money by putting all the games on PS Now compare to their currently profit on overall 3rd party and 1st party.

This kind of services shouldn't be mainstream. imagine big 3rd party also decide to start their own ( like EA ).
my personal opinion , as always , MS started something that hurts the overall game industry in long run.

Indies are ignoring PS now. Outer Wilds an indie game that was released day 1 on Game Pass and now on PS4 and that game isn't on PS Now and those indie games that were shown at X019 were indie games that are being released on Game Pass day 1. Those games aren't being released on PS Now. To me that's ignoring PS Now.

The reason why lots of people are trying to dismiss Game Pass is that people can't face that fact that traditional gaming and its business model has been disrupted by a new business model.

Hilbert

Oct 27, 2017
Pacific Northwest!

The one that kind of blows my mind is Minecraft. Microsoft published, windows 10 version, cross play posterchild, but not cross buy, not on PC gamepass.

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
PC gamers who said there was no reason to get an Xbox next gen because XGS games are coming to PC Game Pass day 1 will be really frustrated if they are also expecting parity on the 3rd party side of things lol

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Your intent is ridiculous with your starting statement of others not buying PS5 due to your subjectivity/hype statement to invoke superiority for another brand (it sounds biased because it is biased). And no for your second question.

1. You didn't answer my question(s).
2. So? All Sony would have to do is add Day 1 and that's all for XGP being better?
3. You're acting like I didn't mention I have both services and own all platforms.

You seem to be confused here (look for the definition of biased as well), do you disagree with the comment that some gamers will buy the next Xbox and not a PS5 because they will find a lot of value with Gamepass? I have tried Gamepass, but I fail to see your point, Sony is not including their first party games and that is what I'm saying, has that changed? I said that due to gamepass beating PS Now 9 to 1, Sony must be strongly considering including their games day 1 as well. I don't care what you own or what you don't own, it doesn't make any sense when you say that no one will buy the new Xbox instead of the PS5 because of the value that Gamepass offer. Next gen Microsoft will be including all of their first party launch games on Gamepass.