• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Most likely Scarlett and PS5 will be sold at a loss, so you actually are giving Microsoft money, and they lose nothing. Pure profit. And whoever bought your Xbox, more xbox games sells. Bam!

For me that wasn't the point, I was responding to the poster saying people are going to buy Scarlet over PS5 because of the huge library of games Game Pass offers. It makes Scarlet an easy skip. To the point of losing money, yea they actually lose a console sale, whoever bought my Xbox One didn't buy a new one, and they lose a potential sale, but that's just opportunity cost.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
Sony are stepping up their game. PS NOW has about 850 titles on it and some of the best games ever made. All able to be streamed which isn't the case for gamepass.

I know, they reduced the price as well, but Microsoft is doing a much better job at making sure more current games are part of their service. That has more impact to convince gamers to join the service, than a larger library of older games. In the end Sony won't really have much choice, if Gamepass continues to grow as it has they will be forced to make the same offer. In my opinion Sony has already made the decision to include launch games on PS Now and are just waiting for the PS5 reveal to make the announcement.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Theyve really been crushing it. For the past few weeks I've opened the xbox app everytime I boot my PC, havent even logged onto steam. I never ever would have seen that coming, considering the awful experiences I had with the windows store. They are really doing a great job. I've never been an xbox guy at all, bought my first xbox last year just as a 4k blu ray player, and now they got me.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I think in future we'll see most games added to it 12-18 months after launch and in future 6 months after. Although I think Death Stranding will be added next summer around the time it launches on PC.

I'd love this too but the evidence so far suggests that this is nothing more than hopeful speculation. They're adding first party games like Uncharted 4 that is three and a half years old and even then only putting it on the service for three months. There's nothing to suggest that Sony are ramping up their first party releases on PS Now.

Alucardx23

Nov 8, 2017
For me that wasn't the point, I was responding to the poster saying people are going to buy Scarlet over PS5 because of the huge library of games Game Pass offers. It makes Scarlet an easy skip. To the point of losing money, yea they actually lose a console sale, whoever bought my Xbox One didn't buy a new one, and they lose a potential sale, but that's just opportunity cost.

Some gamers will surely buy the next Xbox instead of the PS5 and they will give Gamepass as the reason for doing so, if you ask them. That is a 100% undeniable. Your argument could be that the amount of gamers that do this won't be important or big enough, but that is besides the fact that some number of gamers will jump from PS4 to the next Xbox, because of Gamepass. You could even say that the amount of gamers that don't buy an Xbox because of Gamepass and subscribe to gamepass on PC and buy a PS5, might be larger and that might be true as well. Microsoft has repeatedly said that you make the choice as a gamer, what they want is for you to subscribe to gamepass/Xcloud regardless of the console you buy.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have thousands of games on PC already, but right now my attention is only on Xbox One X and Xbox PC.

With the new Xbox app, I no longer "own" or can find Final Fantasy IX on Windows, Xbox achievements aren't supported in a lot of the PC games despite Steam having them, and there is no easy way to see them.

I figure the big game pass announcements like Final Fantasy and Yakuza will come to windows without XBL achievements too.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Some gamers will surely buy the next Xbox instead of the PS5 and they will give Gamepass as the reason for doing so, if you ask them. That is a 100% undeniable. Your argument could be that the amount of gamers that do this won't be important or big enough, but that is besides the fact that some number of gamers will jump from PS4 to the next Xbox, because of Gamepass. You could even say that the amount of gamers that don't buy an Xbox because of Gamepass and subscribe to gamepass on PC and buy a PS5, might be larger and that might be true as well. Microsoft has repeatedly said that you make the choice as a gamer, what they want is for you to subscribe to gamepass/Xcloud regardless of the console you buy.

Yea, for sure. Until the Game Pass promotions came along, I was just out of the Xbox ecosystem after selling my console.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
EJmDmdhX0AI2IpV
The idea of getting scarlett and having the new halo and all 1st party XGS games that came out in 2020 (and everything before) DAY 1 on a new console purchase is INSANE and literally takes a huge sting out of buying a new console to know I dont have to buy any games for it separate!!!!

Nov 8, 2017
It's not going to last but I'll be damned if I don't enjoy this now while it lasts. A lineup of these on PC is ridiculous, for the introductory price. I'm set through July of 2021 and already have more than I can play between current offerings and announcements.

Halo MCC
Halo Infinite
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
The Outer Worlds
Psychonauts 2
Minecraft Dungeons
Metro Exodus
All the 3D Final Fantasy games

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
1. Thats reductive. There's a lot of factors that go into buying decisions. There's an insane number of games on every platform.
2. What do you think makes up the content of Game Pass?
3. Why are you arguing System wars with me? I didn't make any next gen predictions.

I think it's fair to think some people will prefer Xbox due to Game Pass and some will prefer Playstation due to its exclusives. I've maintained for awhile that Game Pass is a great reason to buy a Xbox...1st, 2nd or 3rd console.
I am not system warring. I just think that a steady flow of amazing exclusives are better than hundreds of games for a low price when it comes down to selling a new system. And like some already stated, at least Sony has PS Now which is also great value if you just want to have as many games as possible for a small amount of money. But whatever, I can totally see your point and next-gen will be very interesting. We don't even know Sony's approach yet. So let's wat for next E3 (!?). Might be the best E3 in a while.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am not system warring. I just think that a steady flow of amazing exclusives are better than hundreds of games for a low price when it comes down to selling a new system. And like some already stated, at least Sony has PS Now which is also great value if you just want to have as many games as possible for a small amount of money. But whatever, I can totally see your point and next-gen will be very interesting. We don't even know Sony's approach yet. So let's wat for next E3 (!?). Might be the best E3 in a while.

Has 2019 been a stellar year for you?

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
shoot, it looks like i missed the buy 3 months of ultimate get 3 free at best buy

I hope it comes back...

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

That's great for you. I never argued which one is better. My assumption is that different people have different priorities and depending on those priorities, the better option will differ. My only statement regarding Game Pass and sales is that it's a great reason to own or purchase a Xbox. Not that people should stop buying Playstations.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
GamePass is so big that I didn't even realize Subnautica is included until I saw the picture in the OP. So fucking pumped because I had no clue!

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
So this might have been asked before but is there like a filter or an easy way to see what titles are exclusive to Xbox/pc?

On the website the games have the pc or Xbox icon but now Microsoft have stupidly started double listing the titles for each... so you can't even use the icons anymore..