• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Good luck to all Nikke doers...

I think its up to 75% but yeah what a bs that is. From the thread comments:

Pull more, whale more, pull more...

Kind of sucks a bit but you can still bulldoze through enemies up to a certain extent just with changing up your team comp/strategy which is how I've managed to get through half of chapter 6 despite being under the power level most of the time.

Would be nice if they could lower the initial stat reduction bump though so it's a bit smoother instead of losing about 25% damage immediately.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried Nikke a few times, but man it's really just a "hey, look at Volume's tits move around" game.

Just not for me.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

jello-jiggle.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Despite the auto feature being present I've only used it once to see what would happen.

If you don't like arcade/light gun games I can see the gameplay not working out for you.

Me I personally like it, and I've only been using Assault Rifle so far since that's my strongest character.

I can already see situations where having good sniper, shotgun users would be really good on my team for certain situations/enemies.

Also Chapter 5 last boss is peak gameplay + music combination.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think so, it's what I've been doing. It specifically states "Ordinary" summon so I doubt we'll be able to use them for anything on rate-up. I'd save your crystals, though.

bloodyroarx

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I think Im done with Nikke, I just don't think there are enough non SSR Units to make it worth my time to play.

I think the entire Gatcha portion of the game is a total wash and just makes the game seem like a downer. A shame cause the boss battles, visual and music are all fantastic

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just treating the gacha component as separate and taking things casually, at least until I have a clear indication as to what direction they're going to take. The game is still young and we haven't even had our first proper event, a lot can change.

But yeah, the gacha system that's in-game is pretty horrible at the moment.

Oct 26, 2017
The gacha portion of the game seems pretty good to me even though there are no rate up banners yet.

There's a standard banner that lets you file it down to 5 SSRs from the 3 factions that you want specifically. Spending anything beyond the Ordinary Recruit tickets is really dumb though. I don't know why people are treating the standard banner as anything other than a standard banner though.

In what gacha game is it recommended to push currency down the standard banner? Every single gacha I've ever played has the exact same message.

Save your crystals for rate up. Always.

Even if Ordinary Recruit banner had a pity you would still be dumb for pushing crystals down it for a guaranteed random SSR at whatever the pity would be.

Then you get the SSR/SR molds that give you more chances at SSRs. SSR ones should imo give a guaranteed like in the beta but it's at the very least more chances.

Then there's the 90 pulls on the friend banner every month at 2% rate. 90 pulls is imo fucking amazing considering you don't have to do anything other than collect your friend points when you login.

I did my first 10 pull on it tonight and got Pepper.

So far it's looking pretty good to me.

I have about 17k gems so hopefully the rate up banner pity is not too high if it turns out I want Helm.

If you're worried about the SR's I think you'll be fine with using them.

I just finished watching a vid of someone using an all free characters team with Diesel + 4 SR's against a hard boss that I'm on right now and they cleared it just fine.

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
i got 3 SSRs last night one from the sr shard thing another 2 from a 10 pull feel like i got lucky but gacha seems decent though the SR pool feels quite small and the at least 2 of the 6 gun types are awful to use looking at you launchers and sinper rifles so pulling those types with the limited amount kinda sucks lol playing quite casually so it's early stage of judging

i was super worry about leveling up chars because i hit lv40 and the cost got so insanely higher and there's over 120levels at max stars but the squad sync feature is really cool if it works like it seems it does not having the pool all your resources into every character is nice

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Does Nikke gender your player character as being male? Other fan service gun girl games did that and I always remember finding it annoying. So is the player gender neutral in this one?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The beginning leans heavily into "haha you touched my butt oh commander~" territory, and then completely drops it. It's really weird. Reminds me of Food Wars, how the first episode has a bunch of TnA and it's pretty cringe, then rarely if ever steers that direction again.

The story actually gets pretty decent, too. I really like the main cast. Ains especially.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
The beginning leans heavily into "haha you touched my butt oh commander~" territory, and then completely drops it. It's really weird. Reminds me of Food Wars, how the first episode has a bunch of TnA and it's pretty cringe, then rarely if ever steers that direction again.

The story actually gets pretty decent, too. I really like the main cast. Ains especially.

You know, I've noticed this too. I zoned out of the main story early and just starting skipping it, but I noticed I've actually been paying attention to it these last recent chapters. There's still some dumb shit, but the main cast is actually really good. I like Rapi and Anis a lot. Really wish there wasn't a self-insert because the story moments have been the best when he gets phased out, but at least they involve him in the story in a meaningful way.

Does Nikke gender your player character as being male? Other fan service gun girl games did that and I always remember finding it annoying. So is the player gender neutral in this one?

They're very inconsistent. The majority of the time they'll refer to you as gender neutral, but they'll still refer to you as a male a decent amount - and this tracks with the voiced dialogue, too, so its intentional and not a slip. If it's something you're sensitive too, it will definitely bug you. Commander is definitely not a woman.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
They're very inconsistent. The majority of the time they'll refer to you as gender neutral, but they'll still refer to you as a male a decent amount - and this tracks with the voiced dialogue, too, so its intentional and not a slip. If it's something you're sensitive too, it will definitely bug you. Commander is definitely not a woman.
Okay thanks for the response. I think I'll just skip this game. For some reason I treat mobile game player characters as an insert of myself, so I don't think I'll be able to handle the game referring to me as a male all the time.

Tips for Nikke

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
NIKKE infodump/tips

Save your Battle Data/Credits/Core Dust boxes. The resources scale with your Outpost Defense Level. The 1H/2H/8H etc on the icon is the simulated hours of OD resources you can claim. Core Dust is especially important at major level breakpoints (breaking past lv80/lv120/lv160/etc). You need 1k/2k/3k/etc dust PER UNIT for the +1 level beyond the breakpoint before it returns to the normal credit/battle data cost progression.

Nikke Bond ranks start capped at Rank 10, but go up +5 per limit break. A max LB SR unit can go to Rank 20 while a max LB SSR unit can go to Rank 30. Bond Episodes stop after Rank 10 though. Each Bond rank gives stats so it's important to prioritize your Advising/Gift giving to your main attackers.

Major interface oversight: You can only view skill/burst cooldowns while in battle. Pause while in battle and examine your deployed units to get more detailed skill/burst info.

Use your Wishlist after the first 40 pulls on the Ordinary Recruit/standard banner. It reduces the diluted SSR pool to 15 preferred SSRs + the Pilgrims. Make sure your Wishlist is fully filled out or it will still pull from the diluted pool.

Typical party formations in order of Burst I/II/III:
2-1-2: Balanced with two Burst Is and two Burst IIIs. You can run a Burst I with a 40s CD and another Burst I with 20s CD.
1-2-2: Similar idea to the Balanced formation except you can run a Burst II/40s + Burst II/20s duo.
1-1-3: Full damage and the party I run in most content. You don't run any sustain/mitigation in this setup and go for pure buff support for your DPS.

The tier lists
EN: https://www.prydwen.gg/nikke/tier-list/

JP: https://kamigame.jp/nikke/page/234688516267745531.html

CN: https://nikke.gamekee.com/163885.html (Team Comps / Evaluation)

From my experience, Scarlet, Harran, and Drake are the best DPS for their weapon types (AR, SR, Shotgun). Ludmilla is overrated. Liter is the best in slot Burst I for any comp. Volume does a similar/slightly worse role to Liter (Burst CD reduction + Crit buff). Dolla, Signal, Novel are the most impactful Burst IIs. Novel is BIS in longer boss fights/Interception. Emma does more damage than one would think for a healer since she is one of the rare Minigun users.

Last edited:

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
yeah I need to rebuild my team badly considering I have 3 burst 1 users lol
I think Neon gotta go but I need my FIREPOWER

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Scarlet will be good when we get good reload reducing supports. Until that time, however, she's lacking.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
NIKKE infodump/tips

Save your Battle Data/Credits/Core Dust boxes. The resources scale with your Outpost Defense Level. The 1H/2H/8H etc on the icon is the simulated hours of OD resources you can claim. Core Dust is especially important at major level breakpoints (breaking past lv80/lv120/lv160/etc). You need 1k/2k/3k/etc dust PER UNIT for the +1 level beyond the breakpoint before it returns to the normal credit/battle data cost progression.

Nikke Bond ranks start capped at Rank 10, but go up +5 per limit break. A max LB SR unit can go to Rank 20 while a max LB SSR unit can go to Rank 30. Bond Episodes stop after Rank 10 though. Each Bond rank gives stats so it's important to prioritize your Advising/Gift giving to your main attackers.

Major interface oversight: You can only view skill/burst cooldowns while in battle. Pause while in battle and examine your deployed units to get more detailed skill/burst info.

Use your Wishlist after the first 40 pulls on the Ordinary Recruit/standard banner. It reduces the diluted SSR pool to 15 preferred SSRs + the Pilgrims. Make sure your Wishlist is fully filled out or it will still pull from the diluted pool.

Typical party formations in order of Burst I/II/III:
2-1-2: Balanced with two Burst Is and two Burst IIIs. You can run a Burst I with a 40s CD and another Burst I with 20s CD.
1-2-2: Similar idea to the Balanced formation except you can run a Burst II/40s + Burst II/20s duo.
1-1-3: Full damage and the party I run in most content. You don't run any sustain/mitigation in this setup and go for pure buff support for your DPS.

The tier lists
EN: https://www.prydwen.gg/nikke/tier-list/
- Prioritizes damage/cleave potential

JP: https://kamigame.jp/nikke/page/234688516267745531.html
- Prioritizes sustain for longer content like Simulation

CN: the image that's circulating on discord is outdated from Closed Beta 2 so just pay attention to the EN/JP lists

From my experience, Scarlet, Harran, and Drake are the best DPS for their weapon types (AR, SR, Shotgun). Ludmilla is overrated. Liter is the best in slot Burst I for any comp. Volume does a similar/slightly worse role to Liter (Burst CD reduction + Crit buff). Dolla, Signal, Novel are the most impactful Burst IIs. Novel is BIS in longer boss fights/Interception. Emma does more damage than one would think for a healer since she is one of the rare Minigun users.

Lots of good info here, thanks. Didn't know that about the bond rank limit extending with dupes.

It will be really interesting to see how the tier lists evolve. No one is close to reaching endgame yet (I think) so I'm sure my opinions will change, but there's stuff I disagree with concerning both tier lists. Ludmilla feels extremely underwhelming, for one. I'm at the point now where I'm trying to beat content that's 3-4k+ above my power level and she's really difficult to slot in a team. I've found having a healer is more or less needed to try and keep plugging away with every enemy being able to take chunks of damage off of my NIKKEs, but it's hard to pair her with one when that usually means sacrificing Liter's/Volume's slot - which is not happening. Also Rapunzel has really helped me take on content I couldn't otherwise beat - so it's hard to understand why EN would place her below some of her other healing peers. She does solid damage to clumps of enemies, heals consistently without having to rely on her skills too much, and her revive can mean the difference between victory and defeat. You can't just auto with her and put the phone down, because you need to be timely with her revive with its 60 second cooldown. But she's very good at helping you beat content that you would otherwise be outmatched for. Maybe that won't meaning anything if there's a point where most people are strong enough to outgun every enemy and all that matters is how to kill things faster. But right now she's been great, and I can see them coming out with difficult content that would make her skillset shine.

Also I like Polli but she needs another burst 2 to help her with her long cooldown and I haven't found a 1-2-2 comp with her that beats out any of the other 2-1-2 or 1-1-3 comps I can run. Dolla has been amazing though for most content. It doesn't seem like much, but her ability to reduce cooldowns by a couple of seconds has made the difference in some fights. I use her for almost everything. I haven't stacked her up against Signal but I'd be interested to see how they fair against each other. And yeah, once Novel gets going, she's great in boss fights. Almost feels pointless to bring her to non-boss content though (although I do it anyway sometimes just because I like her detective schtick). And Scarlet and Harran are just stupid cleavers. And even when fighting a singular boss enemy, Scarlet feels really good.

I'll take this moment to complain that I really do not like Simulation Room, though. It'd be okay if it was a once or twice a week thing, but having it be daily content feels like such a chore. It's not *so* bad considering there's really nothing also that eats up your time as far as dailies are concerned, but I don't find it engaging or painless enough to have to do everyday.

SJUG

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
United States
Had 3 multipull tickets in Blue Archive, and used it on the Miyu banner. No Miyu, but I did get Natsu. What an intro line lmao

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Been messing around with Nikke, and easily my no. 1 tip from the past 2 days has been that Relationship Ranks are massive stat boosts, so don't sleep on them and bring your main team as high as you can.

Also make sure you're getting all the building blueprints you need for the tactics academy, as at higher levels that unlocks more slots for your Synchro, up to 15 at max.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Actually, you can see the skill/burst cooldowns in the Nikke screen, with the inventory etc. The cooldown is written next to the name of the skill. It took me a while to notice but it's there.

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, you can see the skill/burst cooldowns in the Nikke screen, with the inventory etc. The cooldown is written next to the name of the skill. It took me a while to notice but it's there.
Oh yeah I see it now next to [Active] for bursts. It's in faded grey so it blends in with the background

OP
OP
GooZ

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
got miyu in BA, I thought there was an event too but looks like a story update so still the usual dailies.

In Nikke for the event and banner, looks like we might get it on Thursday since that's the date when the Korean App Store updates. Next few days will be Nikke and event teasing I bet.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll take this moment to complain that I really do not like Simulation Room, though. It'd be okay if it was a once or twice a week thing, but having it be daily content feels like such a chore. It's not *so* bad considering there's really nothing also that eats up your time as far as dailies are concerned, but I don't find it engaging or painless enough to have to do everyday.

You can complete the highest difficulty and it will auto complete the lower difficulties so that should cut down on the time it takes.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
You can complete the highest difficulty and it will auto complete the lower difficulties so that should cut down on the time it takes.

Yeah I already know. God knows I would probably quit this game if they made me do every single one every day lol. I still think doing the 3 levels in a row is annoying. Setting it on auto and just letting it run would be ideal, but it makes you break between each level and have to consider the buffs, and you can't skip the hard levels. Maybe my patience is just low.

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I already know. God knows I would probably quit this game if they made me do every single one every day lol. I still think doing the 3 levels in a row is annoying. Setting it on auto and just letting it run would be ideal, but it makes you break between each level and have to consider the buffs, and you can't skip the hard levels. Maybe my patience is just low.

I could see it getting streamlined a bit later on. So far it's the only daily thing i'm a bit iffy on but everything else I like.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, was not expecting the story to actually be heavy in Nikke. And I got bunk for SSR so time to reroll.

Oct 26, 2017
Helm is releasing tomorrow.

4% rate with Helm being 2%.

Can use any kind of gem to roll.

Get a gold mileage ticket for every roll.

200 mileage tickets to pity.

Gold mileage tickets carry over to future banners so you can eventually spark a character outright if you want.

New Event is also tomorrow.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I reroll Nikke? seems I have to wait to delete my account. Just use another method to create a new account?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How do I reroll Nikke? seems I have to wait to delete my account. Just use another method to create a new account?
At the title screen, create an account with an email (preferably Google so you can "salt" it) and a password.

Example: [email protected]

Start the game.

Do all of your initial pulls when you can (Clear 1-4) and if you don't get what you want, go into the options, account, and then Log Out.

At the title screen, do the same as above only add a number to your email so it's treated as a new account (i.e., [email protected]). Rinse and repeat until you get what you want, and then under the account menu in-game bind it to something more permanent (Twitter, Apple/Google, etc.) so you don't forget the salted email login.

AkiraAkira

Dec 28, 2017
So it looks like we'll be getting a form of pity in NIKKE after all, at least with Special Recruit banners. So save those crystals!

I think this is fair relative to other gachas. 2% on the SSR rate up character is actually pretty good, as is the mold system to help you build pity for other banners. Only big downside is that, if you had bad luck and decided to whale, it costs about $800 to reach pity. Ouch.

Also just realized this game is going to be super expensive on whales to separate themselves from the pack. With the synchro system, eventually everyone is going to be playing with maxed out lvl 200 characters. That means that whales will need to roll 5 copies of a given character in order to see a boost in stats over other players. That's kind of insane.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the title screen, create an account with an email (preferably Google so you can "salt" it) and a password.

Example: [email protected]

Start the game.

Do all of your initial pulls when you can (Clear 1-4) and if you don't get what you want, go into the options, account, and then Log Out.

At the title screen, do the same as above only add a number to your email so it's treated as a new account (i.e., [email protected]). Rinse and repeat until you get what you want, and then under the account menu in-game bind it to something more permanent (Twitter, Apple/Google, etc.) so you don't forget the salted email login.
Aha, thank you. Okay.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think this is fair relative to other gachas. 2% on the SSR rate up character is actually pretty good, as is the mold system to help you build pity for other banners. Only big downside is that, if you had bad luck and decided to whale, it costs about $800 to reach pity. Ouch.

Also just realized this game is going to be super expensive on whales to separate themselves from the pack. With the synchro system, eventually everyone is going to be playing with maxed out lvl 200 characters. That means that whales will need to roll 5 copies of a given character in order to see a boost in stats over other players. That's kind of insane.
Yeah, it's actually pretty cool since you don't really lose out on anything by doing pulls on various special recruit banners with crystals since the mileage tickets always carry over so you can save them for whenever a character comes along you really want and then exchange. In the meantime, you can just throw crystals at whatever and see if you can luck yourself into something good.

It's a lot of crystals being asked, though. We'll have to see how generous the event is, as well as upcoming events to really dictate how long saving will take.

Aha, thank you. Okay.
Not a problem, best of luck to you on those re-rolls!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Helm is releasing tomorrow.

4% rate with Helm being 2%.

Can use any kind of gem to roll.

Get a gold mileage ticket for every roll.

200 mileage tickets to pity.

Gold mileage tickets carry over to future banners so you can eventually spark a character outright if you want.

New Event is also tomorrow.
Helm also gets added to the ordinary summons in december.

Overall not too bad on its own. Milage carrying over is nice, you could get lucky and get Helm in a 10 pull then not only did you get Helm but still built 10 milage points towards a guarantee in the future

Gem income still sucks

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So if I'm understanding squad sync right, when my ssr units hit level 80 cap I want to level 5 max limit broken sr units past that. Or should I just focus on the sr units entirely now

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Spark carrying over between banners is pretty huge. You don't need to save up 200 rolls to get a character. And with the rate up, you have a 50% chance to pull the banner character within 35 pulls.

Game is stingy so far but this is actually one of the better gacha banner systems.

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
edit: CN tierlist got updated so I updated my info post above

Helm's skillset (shown skills are at max level)
9ww8ggkohxy91.jpg

A supporting skillset in a Burst 3 slot is kind of enticing. Increased damage to breakables. Partywide passive crit and attack buffs with on demand lifeleech

www.prydwen.gg

Helm - skills and review | Prydwen Institute

Helm will be released tomorrow, but if you want to have a first look at her kit and what we think about her, check out our post!

Last edited: