• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Is the patch supposed to be out on US for PC? I'm still not seeing it in the Microsoft Store.

Also, I need to ask what is probably a very dumb question - why are "fast travel boards" called "fast travel boards"?

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
They reduce the amount you have to pay for Fast travel all the way down to free.

Fast Travel anywhere is unlocked by buying a 2 000 000 $ house.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
They reduce the amount you have to pay for Fast travel all the way down to free.

Fast Travel anywhere is unlocked by buying a 2 000 000 $ house.

Thanks, that wasn't really made clear in game.

OK, so this is weird:

capture14d93.jpg

Maybe because it's through game pass, but FH4 doesn't show up as an installed game.

I was finally able to get the update by going to the entry in the store and using the update link there.

Odum Abekah

Jan 13, 2018
The game is amazing, the moment I remembered to turn HDR On on my TV felt like some next gen shit.
Also, its really addictive, I cant play a lot lately, but this game always stole 1 extra hour of sleep from me when I try to play from 11:30 PM to 00:00.

I'm terrible on anything less arcade than burnout, so I really dont know how to pass people withouth crashing them, but Im still having fun.

Have fun! Braking/throttling/feathering is extremely important in this game. Take the braking line seriously and try to hit them as closely as possible - that will give you the best apex through the turns and give you faster times (for the most part). The cleaner driving will allow you to pass the cars.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I think someone mentioned earlier that the patch was today but that the content doesn't hit until the 25th, so you probably just have to wait until the season rotates before it shows up on the map. It is kind of funny that I have a British Racing Green level in My Horizon Life already, though.

EDIT: ...or not? I guess other people have already found it, weird. Maybe it needs to be discovered by driving past it on the map?

DirtyLarry
Not sure it helps but I had the new yellow box for brg several hours ago (Tuesday night uk time) .

I didn't drive past it or anything. I just changed the map filter to "new" to get rid of a bunch of clutter and then spotted it in Broadway.

I hadn't driven anywhere so it was just....there.
Thanks both. I think I was just early in the US or something as it showed up today. So it is there and I indeed did not have to do anything. Thank you for the replies!

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
huh i got 5500 or so for 3 stars, get 8900 or so for 12 stars, and i guess at 30 stars (the max?) you get 12k? A small gap between low and top i guess.

Forza rewards are another huge source of credits per week, depending on how many forza games you have played. I get 300k every friday
https://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/en-US
Fuck me, thanks for this. Was sitting on 900k in credits that were about to expire....I've been grinding credits lately so this is a huge help.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
So how do you all decide which cars to try, other than the obvious super cars which draw your attention? I have ~16.5 hours into the game but I've barely used 10-15 distinct cars other than one-off special events, since I keep going back to a couple that I really love - one great for off-roading, another that's rated X-999 so it gets me top speeds whenever that's needed.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
So how do you all decide which cars to try, other than the obvious super cars which draw your attention? I have ~16.5 hours into the game but I've barely used 10-15 distinct cars other than one-off special events, since I keep going back to a couple that I really love - one great for off-roading, another that's rated X-999 so it gets me top speeds whenever that's needed.
I end up sticking to the same ~10 cars, a habit I'm trying to break, but generally it's just "ooh that car looks cool/fun"

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017

I'm familiar with a lot of them just from playing the racing genre for so long, but I think it's brilliant how so many of the Forza Story events are basically "mini commercials" for the different vehicles, right down to a low-risk warmup trip before the actual specific challenge event, and little comments/factoids about the car itself along the way. LaRacer and the Stunts especially.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I end up sticking to the same ~10 cars, a habit I'm trying to break, but generally it's just "ooh that car looks cool/fun"

I'm driving one new car stock everyday. Sometimes you get some nice surprises.

When you guys get new cars, do you immediately auto-tune them for different classes at your house? Or do you just drive them as-is for a while?

And if you auto-tune them, how do you decide which class to tune them for?

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton

I'm doing the same thing as you, which is why the challenges are nice because they get me to use a car I might not have otherwise driven.

I wish they'd brought back the 1000 Challenge system from the first Horizon game - maybe blended it with the purchasable skill system in 4. Being able to earn some abilities by performing challenges for each individual car would give more of a reason to use them all.

I actually can't believe that system was only in the original Horizon.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
When you guys get new cars, do you immediately auto-tune them for different classes at your house? Or do you just drive them as-is for a while?

I posted agiant google spreadsheet of a ton of tunes a few days ago; the past few days I've just scrolled down that list, found a car that I own, and applied the tune before even leaving the garage. Generally I find a lot of the normie/non-supercar cars to perform too sluggishly for me when they're stock

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

It's funny, the super cars are maybe the least interesting to me. Even when I was really into cars and watching Fifth Gear/Top Gear on a regular basis, all the supercars kind of blurred together; now it's just whatever to me. So the cars I end up picking up fall into three categories.

The first is quirky or interesting-to-me cars, which will always be a very personal selection and not really based on specific criteria. I bought a 1991 Subaru Legacy because it was the car my parents owned for a decade and I'm fond of it. I bought a Lancia Stratos and Fulvia because I like Lancias in video games for some reason.

The second is made up of cars I intend to paint. Sometimes there's a bit of a mercenary angle to this--I grabbed a McLaren Senna because I knew people liked that car and the available skins for it so far are frankly kind of uninteresting. So maybe anything I create will have a better chance of floating to the top. But often it's just a car that I think will be nice to paint--good lines, lots of flat surfaces to apply vinyls to, etc. I have a Lambo Aventador that was a joy to paint, relatively speaking, and I'll probably end up painting the FE model I won recently as well.

The last is weekly challenge cars, which is pretty obvious. I already have a Corgi ready to go for two weeks from now. Why buy it early? Because I'm thinking about painting it and would like to have something ready for the challenge (see the mercenary angle above).

Ethan Hutn

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
What on earth are these sprint races for the weekly challenge? I have done two road race sprints 1st position but no joy.

NoneLikeAlex

Oct 27, 2017

I have a real life obsession with RWD American muscle cars in real life and that carries over to the game.

Offline races I have a stable of Vipers, Mustangs, Chargers that I use.

Online the level of competition is too high to use slow accelerating cars like that, and then there is the Freeroam Rush issue as those events lean heavily towards AWD cars.

For Team Adventure I have a bunch of try hard cars so I can get podiums. AWD Dodge Durango for cross country, etc.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Got my Jag XJ-S equipped with the 25-Skill Perk and I'm ready for the Seasonal Changeover, except I'm missing 40 Forzathon Points for the 300 Car.

Still only playing for the Seasonal things, but having fun doing it!

Ethan Hutn

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
Got my Jag XJ-S equipped with the 25-Skill Perk and I'm ready for the Seasonal Changeover, except I'm missing 40 Forzathon Points for the 300 Car.

Still only playing for the Seasonal things, but having fun doing it!
I got that perk for my McLaren Senna but I can't even control the bloody thing. Might try different tyres.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! Know the fastest way to earn clean racers?

Just try to avoid hitting people. You don't even need to try that hard, honestly; the beginning of any race is usually a clusterfuck of collisions for me and I still manage to rack up clean racing skills no problem.

One thing that really helps is to be in 1st, because there's no one ahead of you to hit! Just don't drive too sloppily and you'll get it. I suppose if you were really desperate you could drop the drivatar difficulty way down to ensure 1st place.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Chapter 4 of the new story is pretty easy to cheat.

Just turn right and drive across the grass. You can hit the curve of the dirt road to reset the timer then easily get to the finish line before 10s runs out

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Who here has a favorite car in the game?

For me, it has to be the Aventador. It is so easy to drive and pull off crazy e-brake turns, change directions while smoking all 4 tires. During a Forzathon event where you have to turn around and head back down the same road in reverse, I'll just hit the brake and downshift to pull a 180 and you're still rolling backwards as you slam on the gas and the car just acts so perfectly. The tires shock loose and start to spin and slowly grip as you shoot off in the opposite direction. So much fun.

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying this game. I've always loved the Horizon games despite being a huge GT fan and this is the best Horizon yet by far personally.

I have 30 hours I think in it so far and over 100 cars though most of those are untouched as I have my go to's.

For me, it has to be the Aventador. It is so easy to drive and pull off crazy e-brake turns, change directions while smoking all 4 tires. During a Forzathon event where you have to turn around and head back down the same road in reverse, I'll just hit the brake and downshift to pull a 180 and you're still rolling backwards as you slam on the gas and the car just acts so perfectly. The tires shock loose and start to spin and slowly grip as you shoot off in the opposite direction. So much fun.
It's the GT3 RS for me. I have multiple builds for it: Rally, Grip, Hillclimb & Drift

That car does everything I could ever want it to do. My hillclimb build is basically maxed out power wise, with a focus on acceleration gear ratio wise. Spec wise it's 10s in ever category.

The other builds are more reserved and balanced.

I'm gonna work on a couple other Porsche's as well I think but my next build will be a S15 Silvia drift build for sure.

professor_t

Oct 27, 2017

Are you driving a stock Aventador, or is it tuned?

I'm not sure if I have an absolute favorite call for all conditions (yet), but I really like that RS200.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
Saving for the castle I have 8.5 million. Been playing the hourly forzathons to buy super wheelspins. They need to like quadruple the credit rewards for races to make them more worth the time. But ill be playing this for years so it doesn't matter.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Help!

How in the world do I get this bonus board in the forest area up north in the map to the far right of the Greendale Airstrip near the Swan Dive Danger Sign fellas? It's the last one I need. I'm right on top of of it but it's like it's invisible.

Asian Oni

Oct 27, 2017

I never auto-tune, it's something I hate and the reason I stopped playing FM7 too.
Most of the time I leave the car in its original class or for the lower ones I stop at A600.