• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
After putting about 45 hours into the game I kind of want to start over. I don't know if it's my love of GT3 but I love starting with fewer and less powerful cars and building my library slowly. I think I'm going to restrict myself to under 50,000 cars for a while and then slowly move up... I really want to savor each car but I'm given so many it's hard to keep track. Maybe this playthrough I'm going to remove or auction off cars and only drive the ones I buy.

Progression is royally forked in this game, but it still may be the best driving game I've ever played. Lol it's so damn good it can overcome its wonky structure.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Dumb question. How long does it take to restore the last barn find (or rather, the castle barn find) ?

Been playing a whole evening, and still not restored :\

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Do you all have any specific tips and tricks for the game on gaining a ton of credits, tuning, buying high end cars for cheaper prices, the best cars for whatever racing type and how to get 3 stars on Danger Signs, Speed Cameras etc.?

The4WuDu

Oct 27, 2017
I posted agiant google spreadsheet of a ton of tunes a few days ago; the past few days I've just scrolled down that list, found a car that I own, and applied the tune before even leaving the garage. Generally I find a lot of the normie/non-supercar cars to perform too sluggishly for me when they're stock

Thanks a ton for posting this link to the tuning list and reddit thread - great discussion on what works well for different situations.

SPCTRE

Oct 25, 2017
okay got the Halo Theme horn, already had XP Shutdown, I can pack it up now

f820c393-5d57-448a-b731-9f2355bdc20d_Thumbnail.PNG

Ramathevoice

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
Does anyone have any advice on grinding Street Racing influence? I've got my eye on the Hoonigan RWB Porsche but just redoing the Marathon over and over is taking ages...

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Okay, this is gonna sound weird, but how the hell do you access routes you have created?
I checked "My creative hub" and blueprints, but I can't see the route I made. If I go to the starting point which I chose, and check blueprints I created, it's also not there....
is it bugged, or am I missing something?

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Dumb question. How long does it take to restore the last barn find (or rather, the castle barn find) ?

Been playing a whole evening, and still not restored :\

I had this issue with another barn find. I spent hours doing freeroam stuff waiting for it to unlock, then figured out it must be something else that triggers it. Sure enough, after one race it was ready.

Seems it's based on completing events and not any kind of actual timer. So just do one or two races and it should be ready.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
I posted agiant google spreadsheet of a ton of tunes a few days ago; the past few days I've just scrolled down that list, found a car that I own, and applied the tune before even leaving the garage. Generally I find a lot of the normie/non-supercar cars to perform too sluggishly for me when they're stock

I honestly don't get this and feel silly. Is it just a list of all the cars he's tried and gave his thoughts on? I see you saying you applied the tune from the list but I only see a little synopsis for each car. Where do I find the actual tune info?

Melkaz

Oct 26, 2017
I honestly don't get this and feel silly. Is it just a list of all the cars he's tried and gave his thoughts on? I see you saying you applied the tune from the list but I only see a little synopsis for each car. Where do I find the actual tune info?

Go to one of the cars he listed, then search for tunes and enter his Xbox ID: zalmoxis91
Once you find it, add him to your favorites and you can browse all his tunes from the creative tab (forgot the real name of the tab, it's where the designs are etc.).

I also favorited/followed him and he has some spectacular tunes, it makes some cars from impossible to drive to very fun in my book.
For reference, I used his tune for the Agera R, joined a random PVP sprint battle vs other Agera's who also had X999 tunes and I beat them all easily.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
Go to one of the cars he listed, then search for tunes and enter his Xbox ID: zalmoxis91
Once you find it, add him to your favorites and you can browse all his tunes from the creative tab (forgot the real name of the tab, it's where the designs are etc.).

I also favorited/followed him and he has some spectacular tunes, it makes some cars from impossible to drive to very fun in my book.
For reference, I used his tune for the Agera R, joined a random PVP sprint battle vs other Agera's who also had X999 tunes and I beat them all easily.

Ah ok. Will do this once I get back home. Thank you. : )

RetroKrystal

Community Liaison for Playground Games
Verified
Oct 15, 2018
I had this issue with another barn find. I spent hours doing freeroam stuff waiting for it to unlock, then figured out it must be something else that triggers it. Sure enough, after one race it was ready.

Seems it's based on completing events and not any kind of actual timer. So just do one or two races and it should be ready.

They are usually triggered by a certain number of races being completed and career process

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
The last Super Wheelspin I had was 2x5000$ and a rare pair of shoes. Try to beat that. Let's just say I cursed at PG for a little while... :P
My last super was clothes horn clothes.

Like literally worse than useless.

Then one day I got 2 legendary cars and a Forza Edition Land Rover in near successive spins.

It's all too random and feels like progression is an RNG instead of natural because the base rewards for racing and doing stuff is so low.

At least it's Summer today. Time to really hit the speed traps. Which car/tune is best for this task?

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
What would be some ideal DLC for you guys going forward?

Cop car chases in PvP form ala NFS style? Another fantasy land like the Hot Wheels island in FH3? New music and stations added?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone on one x getting annoying little stutters since the patch?

It's only in certain points like first loading up the menu or flipping quickly between the menus but it's not been there before the latest update.

I've fully shutdown my Xbox too and restarted but it's still there

Melkaz

Oct 26, 2017
What would be some ideal DLC for you guys going forward?

Cop car chases in PvP form ala NFS style? Another fantasy land like the Hot Wheels island in FH3? New music and stations added?

- More horns and clothing (j/k, please don't!)
- Isle of Man
- True Rally events
- Better dirt racing events. it's not really dirt racing when 70% of the race occurs on the road! ( even though you can now set these up yourself with some restrictions of course)
- Silverstone events
- Remember last used search entries, I'm getting tired of pressing left/right 50 times to select the brand + car, then get outbid and you need to re-enter it all again (more of a bug fix then DLC of course)
- New radio station or more songs

HBK

Oct 30, 2017

I just keep doing that. I'm doing custom races though, so maybe I need to do some standard Horizon races instead.

NickMitch

Nov 1, 2017
Ireland DLC plz- Cliffs of Moher would look AMAZING.

Also - I have turned to the Rivals mode since the Team Adventure is boring as hell as the events are to samey when there are no class races below A

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Only yesterday did I realize that some friends, who play significantly less than myself, had exponentially more Influence / XP / Level / credits. I then learned about the already patched Influence glitch (something something about entering long races and then quitting) and about farming through Mixer. I´m now implementing the latter.

Bizarre cosmetics aside, I loved everything the game has offered. At least until tonight (when RDR 2 arrives), the graphics are the absolute best I have ever seen.

Oct 25, 2017

I tried the tune for the Nissan Fairlady, and absolutely loved it. I'm definitely adding this person as a favorite tune creator.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Eurogamer has a great piece both on this and the first Horizon game: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...minder-of-everything-the-first-game-did-right

Did the whole "you can't get dupes of cosmetics" get debunked?

I saw a poster here claim that they've gotten some dupes. If there are duplicate cosmetic items, they must be quite rare, because I'm level 196 now, and I haven't gotten a single one. That said, I didn't get a duplicate car either, or maybe I did once.

New music (please, God)
Isle of Man
Bikes
HillClimbs

Isle of Man and bikes is a common request, and I'd like that. Ireland would also be nice or, thinking of places that have some connections with the UK, Iceland (lots of ice and snow, but also beautiful meadows, volcanoes, geysers...) or Amsterdam. A monster truck expansion would be great.

I hope that they will make a Horizon Story about cars from British films and TV shows.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The new documentary Horizon Story stages are really well done. That first "there and back again" with the Aston Martin DB5/DB11 is excellent. The way they use storytelling narration to flesh out the actual driving here is standout.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I saw a poster here claim that they've gotten some dupes. If there are duplicate cosmetic items, they must be quite rare, because I'm level 196 now, and I haven't gotten a single one. That said, I didn't get a duplicate car either, or maybe I did once.

Do you keep close track of the items you get? I honestly have no idea if I've gotten duplicate cosmetics or not.

Also how close are you to having all cosmetics unlocked at 196?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna buy the Lambo that comes with ForzaThon this week. But doesnt that car also come with another Lambo and you can get it also with spending skill points?