• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
Looks like it's time to go back and finish FH3 already, started it during winter and kinda got overwhelmed by other games, wanna finish it before 4.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
SomeBraveFlamingo-max-14mb.gif

VigorousCraftyEarwig-max-14mb.gif

IllinformedHatefulLcont-max-14mb.gif

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Been watching the streams on YouTube (because Mixr is bleh). Game is looking great...definitely getting it for Fall.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say a PC is better. I have a One X, but try FH3 at 1440p high refresh rate and you'll be a convert.

You still have Forza and the controller, but way more options as far as hardware and racing games/sims

Most don't need an Uber-PC to run, either.

But for those looking to jump to the ecosystem

A $400 console (it will probably have a bundle inckudjng the game and gamepass for free) offers better value atm

The graphics card alone will cost you tge console....until the final bitcoin algorithm nails that stupid coffin

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Damn this game looks good. Seems like the features and content they are adding will be significant. I was wondering where they would go with #4 given how good the previous ones have been.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this game looks good. Seems like the features and content they are adding will be significant. I was wondering where they would go with #4 given how good the previous ones have been.

I think every Forza Horizon I keep wondering how Playground is gonna one-up themselves and every time they have an answer.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I agree. I'm surprised that's not a feature when playing offline. I don't like the idea of only getting my favorite season one week per month.

It's a cool concept, but the downside can be related to your IRL activities. Let's say you love summer and you are really busy in that week of in-game summer - well then, you will wait another month to get a chance.

Deleted member 40872

user requested account closure
Banned
Mar 10, 2018
UK
Use the oldest trick in the book. Go Offline and change the console time and date by a week.
(No guarantee this actually works but I cant see why not).

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like the changes to the Forzathons. No more completing all challenges in less than an hour and then having to wait 1-2 weeks for new ones. ;)

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like the changes to the Forzathons. No more completing all challenges in less than an hour and then having to wait 1-2 weeks for new ones. ;)
Yeah, now you have a community forzathon every hour on the hour, you have daily challenges, you have weekly challenges. But the good thing is that no content is locked behind Forzathon points, it's just another way to get stuff.

BTW am I the only one that doesn't like the Whitespace? Makes it less immersive to me, like I am only in a simulation and taken out of it after the finish line.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
It looks like fun with a lot of stuff to do to keep the player occupied for months.

Some more information about the 60FPS mode on Xbox X would be nice. My bet is that Eurogamer will present a hands on article somewhere in August about this.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
With changing seasons, live challenges, Forzathon, shared multiplayer, ranked multiplayer and so on they are really making sure people will play this game a lot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the rally cross segment with the Beetle. That looks like some fun courses to run. Big jumps, different routes to take.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How did they make this in 2 years?! Playground are some talented folks that's for sure.

For starters they don't have to work on building cars, that's all done by Turn 10. That leaves only map design and gameplay. And the tech is just an evolution. It's impressive nonetheless, but it's also still a relatively small map. I think it took 10 minutes to get around the whole map on the outside in Forza Horizon 3 and the size is the same in Horizon 4. That's far from the 45 minutes it takes in i.e. Test Drive Unlimited.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I am definitely most looking forward to the Autumn season. I love the gold-brown vegetation everywhere with the sunset on the horizon.

Expecting nothing else than an HDR and 4K benchmark on my Samsung Q8FN.

zephiross

Mar 27, 2018
I'm really pumped for this game. But I am really disappointed by the size of the map. I think it's going to be the major flaw of the game for me because I was expecting at least double the size of horizon 3, when it's going to be the same size :/ But on the positive side, this map seems like it will be funnier than its predecessor because even if australia was really pretty, it really lacked interesting roads and interesting racing playgrouds (horizon 2 map was better than 3 to me) . Another thing I'm super pumped about (like really) is the custom race option. It's gonna allow for some really interesting routes !

I'm still not decided over PC or One X, but I'm definitely buying the ultimate edition ! (Doesn't buying the game on the windows store make it available on both platform ?)

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
I'm really pumped for this game. But I am really disappointed by the size of the map. I think it's going to be the major flaw of the game for me because I was expecting at least double the size of horizon 3, when it's going to be the same size :/ But on the positive side, this map seems like it will be funnier than its predecessor because even if australia was really pretty, it really lacked interesting roads and interesting racing playgrouds (horizon 2 map was better than 3 to me) . Another thing I'm super pumped about (like really) is the custom race option. It's gonna allow for some really interesting routes !

I'm still not decided over PC or One X, but I'm definitely buying the ultimate edition ! (Doesn't buying the game on the windows store make it available on both platform ?)

Even though the map is the same size as FH3, which was HUGE, it's going to offer so much more and be different in all the seasons. Every season has changes to the land that alters the available routes you can drive and such. For instance the large lake is drivable in winter as it freezes and allows you to drive on the ice plus reach islands that weren't accessible before.

Other seasons will have rivers that are dried up or have more water going through them too. It's truly a dynamic living world

theslb

Nov 15, 2017

Yes buy only one time and playanywhere(PC/X-BOX)with your Microsoft account.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Even though the map is the same size as FH3, which was HUGE, it's going to offer so much more and be different in all the seasons. Every season has changes to the land that alters the available routes you can drive and such. For instance the large lake is drivable in winter as it freezes and allows you to drive on the ice plus reach islands that weren't accessible before.

Other seasons will have rivers that are dried up or have more water going through them too. It's truly a dynamic living world
Yep, people forget that sometimes. You get 4x that map. The assets and roads are completely distinct.

The E3 demo had Autumn and Summer on the same roads and people didn't even notice that. Enough said.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Really cant wait to see Edinburgh. The whole game looks improved graphics wise that i really want to see the city improvements also.

ImpossibleDimGypsymoth-max-14mb.gif

willbsn

Oct 25, 2017
For those wondering about the route creator, jonk1969 (dev) answered a question about it just before;\

We'll share more on the Route Creator later, but to clarify: while you can only start a custom route at any of the existing routes' start locations (and there are loads of them), after that your route is basically wherever you can drive from that point-even far away from the start point, placing checkpoints along the way, adjusting the width of each as you place them. It can be a circuit or a point to point, and is not limited to using the existing road network. In truth, it gives you so much freedom that it's presenting a lot of navigation challenges for Drivatars, and a lot of resulting bugs for Playground to fix as they are finishing the game.

Sauce: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm942220_Blueprint-and-Route-Creator.aspx#post_942220