Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sony doesn't need to realize anything because that's not gonna happen..

Sure pal

The thing is though, multi console owners are the minority. Most people don't buy multiple console platforms.

I never said they were the majority.

But they are high spend no? They're probably not customers you'd want to piss off as they most likely spend the most. Given they seem to be able to afford the most and would arguably be the more hardcore gamer.

Who also influence others.

There aren't as many multi console owners as you think and Switch will not get every big 3rd party game to matter.

I never said they were the majority.

See above.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
This is definetly a step above not allowing cross play. They are locking your progress to their console when other consoles don't do that. Ugh.

The future is hopefully cross platform and cross play. We should be working towards that. Well, most people are. Sony isn't.

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im going to be honest idc about crossplay although more options are better but i was so pissed that i couldnt log in to my switch with my ps4 epic acct like wtf?

On a side note is it confirmed switch vetsion is 30fps? I always thought i wasnt sensitive to fps drops but playing it at 60 on my pro then going to the switch felt extremely sluggish.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So happy that I was able to log in with my Epic Account on the Switch without a hassle and have all my progression from the Xbox carry over.

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
So happy that I was able to log in with my Epic Account on the Switch without a hassle and have all my progression from the Xbox carry over.

Yea it was pretty awesome seeing all my stuff and progression when I linked it up. Then went back to Xbox and even the starter pack skin I bought on switch was there. I hope this is the future of gaming..

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
As a Fortnite PS4 player, I couls care less a about cross-play. All my friends have PS4s and the PS4 pool is more than enough.

So, meh. People should have multiple consoles anyway.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As a Fortnite PS4 player, I couls care less a about cross-play. All my friends have PS4s and the PS4 pool is more than enough.

That's kind of the issue? Why shouldn't I want to play the Switch version even if I have a PS4? Or play the XB version?
I know most games don't have shared progression between different consoles, but in this case the game does and it is arbitrarily blocked.

X1 Two

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Yes, and they should not have to earn all outfits separately just because they switch platforms.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base

So while my daughters cousin is playing fortnite / Minecraft with his other cousins on Xbox and switch but my daughter is locked out because LOL Sony that's my problem?

Or how about the fact that my fucking EPIC account with $$ I spent on PC is locked to PSN now because I tried it once?

I'm the biggest Sony homer and this has me enraged to the point I want to jump ship today.

Bojanglez

Oct 27, 2017

I have all the consoles, but have only played Fortnite on PS4. Now it has released on Switch and I'm due to go on holiday, it would nice to be able to carry on my progress. I'm not really bothered about cross-play, but if they allow it with PC then why not?

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, and there's plenty of people sporting the "PS4 (pro?) + Switch" - one for exclusives, multiplat and performance, the other for Nintendo exclusives and handheld mode. (myself included)

Sony is effectively blocking people from using their single Fortnite account across their PS4 at home and their Switch in portable mode.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Still can't believe Sony are doing this.

I deeply want better crossplatform, because I want to be able to buy games like Battlefield V on both Xbox and PS4 and have my progression carry over, which currently seems impossible.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not? What is Sony offering in this regard? The best version graphically? The ability to cross play? The option of portability? To play on multiple devices? The best online infrastructure? The promise of playing next gen with BC without re purchase? Best controller? What?
Controller, install base, crossplay between PC are all reasons to keep the majority on the PS4 version.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
How easy is it to move between Xbox and Switch? Can you keep your account linked to both simultaneously or do you have to log out of one in order to log in to the other? Could you play a game on Xbox, turn it off and immediately pick up your switch and start the game hassle-free? Or is there a bit of unlinking-relinking to do each time?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Controller, install base, crossplay between PC are all reasons to keep the majority on the PS4 version.

Controller is completely subjective and literally every version has crossplay with PC. You can't seriously include 'crossplay' as a reason to play the PS4 version...

Pfffft.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Controller is completely subjective and literally every version has crossplay with PC. You can't seriously include 'crossplay' as a reason to play the PS4 version...

Pfffft.
Obviously it's subjective either way. And this is talking about multiplayer games going forward. Crossplay with PC is absolutely a factor.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017

lol this is explicitly a problem for the very people that own multiple consoles. If you own and Xbox 1, Switch, Android phone, and PC, you can play Fortnite on all those things and your progress, cosmetics, and everything else transfer to everything. It's just an account. Otherwise, if you own a PS4 and Switch, you have to have 2 separate accounts with 2 different progression systems. Far worse a situation than the other guy.

Instead of saying 'people should have multiple consoles anyway' what you really mean is 'people should have 1 console only, and should never want to play anywhere else'.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
I played without my epic account. One odd thing with switch it asked me if I wanted to use my switch friends list but I couldn't seem to get it to work. Wound up getting my friend to search using my email and we added each other. Won my first fortnight game ever last night was 50 vs 50 game sooo fun.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
PS4/PC/Mobile is bigger than Xbox and Switch combined. Not sure what you're trying to get at here.

I'm saying it's not gonna result in a playerbase issue for any platform. Pretty easy to figure out when you see the comment I was replying to. We'll see how many Sony has left after this fiasco. I personally won't be making anymore Fortnite purchases on my ps4 linked account. Thanks for coming by to play defense force though.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, can you be logged in on both? I assume not. I mean, could one person play a game on the Xbox while another plays on the Switch at the same time? Same account? Even as I'm typing this out I can see that it wouldn't work...

I wonder what happens if both consoles are put into suspend mode with the game still running.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
To be fair, current PS4 install base is much higher than the Xbox One + Switch install base.

Attach rate for most games is higher on Xbox. Not sure about switch. Xbox players spend a lot more money on average than ps4 players. Of course that's kind of a given due to how many more ps4s are out there, but I remember it being a lot closer for some games than I thought.

OnionPowder

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL

I do have multiple consoles which is the fucking problem because I can't use my shit on Switch or Xbox because Sony is saying no.

If I didn't have a PS4 then I wouldn't have a problem right now.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I do have multiple consoles (all of them, in fact) and thankfully I was too lazy to link up to PS4 or I would have lost all my progress.

Being able to play on your PS4 and then hop on your phone (or Switch, or iPad) while out and about is amazing and there's no way to spin it as a bad thing. This is an insane policy and the only upside is it makes really clear who supports a platform blindly and who is actually paying attention.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously it's subjective either way. And this is talking about multiplayer games going forward. Crossplay with PC is absolutely a factor.

But every platform can crossplay with PC. That's not a feature exclusive (or missing) from any platform. So I don't see why it'd be a factor?

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I feel devs should just stop offering any form of cross play at all on PS4 until Sony sorts it's shit out and for the sake of 1 unified cross platform hopper.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Shocked to see people defending this...with the worst kind of reasoning possible.

Well not that shocked. :lol

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Blocking cross play is one thing, but holding my Epic account hostage is some bullshit. Get the stick out of your ass, Sony.