• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Oh snap!!!

Our victory today against Frankfurt basically assured (thanks to the Russian teams flopping on their face hard this season), before Porto and Braga even played, that Portugal kept the 6th UEFA Ranking spot, which means we're gonna have 6 teams going into the European competitions, with 3 of those spots being reserved for the CL (1st and 2nd team go straight to the group stage and the 3rd team goes to the qualifiers). Though this only applies to the 21/22 season, so the things will remain the same next year.

With Sporting being so unstable these days, a 3rd place in the League is realistically possible and a CL run can happen. Hypothetically. >.>

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Tory Majority, Trump re-election, West Ham relegation

Stick a fork in me, folks 💀

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
Gerrard extends his contract with Rangers until 2024.

Klopp extends his contract with Liverpool until 2024.

In time before the next election.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
Gerrard extends his contract with Rangers until 2024.

Klopp extends his contract with Liverpool until 2024.

In time before the next election.

Am I the only one weary of Gerrard taking the job after Klopp? He's set the standard incredibly high and Gerrard still has loads of experience to gain before taking a leap like that post-Rangers. I just don't want another Souness and Gerrard's legacy to be tarnished after taking over the job following such a legendary figure by the time Klopp's done.

Hell, I hope he might extend again by 2024. I see us having a new generation of a team by then as well, and would love to see how he can set it up. But totally respect the guy if he feels he's given the club and its fans all he can within 9 years.

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
Milner got an extension

This and the Klopp news has been a welcome distraction today. Walking through the city before felt like being at a funeral. One of the local journos even suggested that the new deals were announced today for that specific reason.

I hope Milner retires here, he's an absolute hero. I'm so glad we were able to get him a CL medal.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
WholeNarrowAmurratsnake-size_restricted.gif

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
This and the Klopp news has been a welcome distraction today. Walking through the city before felt like being at a funeral. One of the local journos even suggested that the new deals were announced today for that specific reason.

I hope Milner retires here, he's an absolute hero. I'm so glad we were able to get him a CL medal.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watford have created some good chances. Firmino had been shit bar the pass to mane which led to the goal. Watford have been time wasting and overly aggressive and late in the tackle so they got what they deserved lol

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
That's not VAR's fault, it's because the fucking referee doesn't understand the rules. You can't score with your armpit so it can't be offside.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely ridiculous. How have VAR refs still not learned their lesson over marginal offsides? The players flagged are not getting any advantage if their hip is a mm ahead of a defender

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
We got lucky Watford couldn't finish and Allison showed up big time as well. I think against any other team, those chances would have been a loss for Liverpool today.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like we spent all our energy on the midweek match, thankfully Watford aren't good at finishing.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Checking reddit, it's absolutely shocking how so many people don't know how the offside rule works. You'd think commentators would at least explain the rules.

Also RIP Arsenal fans ITT. It all goes tumbling down, tumbling down...

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
Checking reddit, it's absolutely shocking how so many people don't know how the offside rule works. You'd think commentators would at least explain the rules.

Also RIP Arsenal fans ITT. It all goes tumbling down, tumbling down...
I was actually confused by the VAR offside check for the second Salah goal. There was a Watford player on the ground, with his leg half over the line. I presume he was still in play, however he wasn't taken into account for the offside check.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Fcuk sake, bloody Bournemouth. We need to be more clinical because losing games like this is so frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.