• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Do we know for sure that MBJ won't be in this movie? It wouldn't be ideal but I could see them doing it.

According to leaks:

Shuri visits the ancestral plane to get the Black Panther title, expecting to see T'Challa there, but it's Killmonger that's waiting for her.

Not sure if it's true, of course, but some other things from that same leak are pretty much confirmed, so...

Empty Your Head

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 1, 2022
According to leaks:

Shuri visits the ancestral plane to get the Black Panther title, expecting to see T'Challa there, but it's Killmonger that's waiting for her.

Not sure if it's true, of course, but some other things from that same leak are pretty much confirmed, so...

Ah, okay.

I kinda figured he may be involved because his suit had the gold accents in the first film and the suit tease they make is one with gold accents.

I'm just hoping they don't do anything to devalue his character arc and the message behind the fist film.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they finally got up the nerve to kill off Shuri.

I'm still guessing that Nakia ends up taking over. It would make too much sense not to go that direction.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I still wish they recasted, I get why they didn't.

As for the trailer, that was damn good trailer. Probably one of their best.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Also, Angela Bassett is coming for that Oscar. That woman has always brought her best to the screen no matter what the project

ErrorJustin

Oct 28, 2017
Man… wow.

I've been on team "marvel should have recast" from the beginning but holy shit that is legit one of the best movie trailers I've seen in like the last 5 years. Looks incredible.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
I've finally watched on my tv and now I'm 100% convinced that whoever is donning the Black Panther suit in the end, it's not Shuri. Shuri is just way too skinny, and while it could be another woman - I think the most likely candidate would be Nakia, even more how the trailer was edited, I am fully aware that trailers, particularly Marvel Studios trailers, can be very deceiving when they want to.

Also I'm already in love with Namor and how the Atlanteans look.

This might be the most emotional trailer I've ever saw from the MCU. I didn't expect it to still hurt, but it does.

Rest in Power, King.

Man… wow.

I've been on team "marvel should have recast" from the beginning but holy shit that is legit one of the best movie trailers I've seen in like the last 5 years. Looks incredible.
I don't know where I stand, but I do agree this is one of the best trailers I've seen in a great while. I can only imagine being at Hall H and having the trailer introduced like this:

View: https://twitter.com/marvelstudios/status/1551059789500649472?s=21&t=REZwxpWJ25fePEH47vYlmg

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, we ain't gonna be alright…that pick of Chadwick already hit me with a bolt of sadness…no doubt they're going to give him an epic send off and I'll be a puddle of tears…..

Suichimo

Mar 17, 2021
Fantastic trailer. If the new Panther isn't M'Baku, please let it be Nakia.

Do we know who Riri, assuming it's her and not another character, is played by? Would love to see what else she is in.

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Wow that was a good trailer. It's helped by the fact that Coogler has a flawless track record so I immediately assume the best, but even without that it was just so damn good.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't stop watching this trailer. Seen it about 10 times already.

Can't actually believe it's an MCU film based off that trailer but just like with Black Panther, Coogler don't miss even when constrained to the limits of the MCU.

Really hope this eclipses Black Panther's 700m domestic haul and isn't slept on WW like the first one was.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Incredible trailer. Just hit right in every way.

I want to trust that they won't give Shuri the mantle, they have to know better. But given what we know, it's not looking good.

Angela Bassett knocking it out of the park in that trailer though. Big chills.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the best trailer I've seen since Logan. This is the type of trailer and movie I've been missing from Marvel.

And it made DC look so very weak at Hall H today in comparison. I'm going to be ready to log into Alamo Drafthouse's site the second this film goes on sale.

This thing is making $2 billion easy.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Wait did they not show the teaser during the panel? Was hoping to see some audience reactions from those in attendance

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
That was probably the best MCU trailer I've seen and one of my overall favs, hot damn. The emotion from the cast and crew is apparent from the first frame. Such a bittersweet movie but I hope it does well.

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021

View: https://twitter.com/m0rralit0/status/1551057540368269316?s=20&t=7tCQgNBpNITodCsZysPpaw

You tell em Tenoch!!

I´m glad we latinos are getting our damn latino super hero, if this is cool for me as a Costa Rican, I can't imagine how excited my Mexican bros must be

As a mixed race Brazilian my mind is blown and I'm obsessed with Wakanda Forever and what this film and the introduction of Namor mean to the MCU's future. Coogler is allowing Marvel to make history, and I'm so happy that they are going all hands on deck with it. Chadwick deserved absolutely nothing less than this.