Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_nrerpxoPjT1rvaww0o1_500.gif

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix might make a good Joker, but I don't see how this movie is necessary. I want the character's origin to be ambigous, but I'm not the biggest Batman buff in the world, so what the fuck do I know.
I can completely see this story as being ambiguous as well. The movie might start with Joker being interviewed about his past and this is just one of the many alternate flashbacks.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So...it's pre-chemical plant Joker, I guess? I haven't kept up with this film at all because I kinda hate Phoenix.

It's meant to be his origin story so for all we know he won't actually become the Joker until the last few minutes in the movie during the ACME Labs job at the end where Batman pushes him into the chemical container (or whatever angle they go for).

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Looks good, and since this movie isn't part of the others. Nothing holds em back(wb), don't need to reference past films or any, just be its own thing.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I firmly believe that even if this movie is got garbage in every other way it will be worth seeing because of Joaquin Phoenix.

grady

Oct 29, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Not one for superhero movies at all but this, this has piqued my interest. Still not gonna hold any expectations but very curious to see the end result

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know basically nothing about this so can't judge. It might be unique and good, who knows.

As long as WB never let Leto star again, I'm good.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What film is necessary?

Not every film needs to be worked into an overarching cinematic universe.

It's more that we also don't need every character in the comic book universe to have a standalone film. The Joker isn't an interesting character on his own, he's interesting in context with the characters he bounces off of.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Considering the state of the DCEU, a Joker origin movie when they have so much else to focus on just tells me they still don't get the comics.

They already mentioned this is outside DCEU. It's an Elseworlds things they're doing. In DCEU, they already have Shazam, Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2 coming.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Not sold on this, but not turned off either. It's hard to imagine him with all the make-up though.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Why is any film necessary, really?

1) explaining the joker is a good way to kill the character unless done really masterfully ....
2) this will probably make no sense with the rest of the DCEU
3) will batman be the villain of this movie ?

edit: honorable mention) I can't take one more story based on killing joke

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they show him in the get-yp as he looks incredibly like a Joker already.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
i can totally see it.

joaquin is a phenomenal actor. he'll get it right.

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Why does DC keep switching actors/actresses and rebooting franchises? I feel like this is a huge reason why they are so far behind Marvel, no forward thinking or vision. Just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what hopefully sticks.

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
Sure why not, Phenix can be good in virtually any role.

Am I the only one getting a strong Nightcrawler's Gyllenhaal vibe?

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
This is a thousand times more interesting to me than anything involving the Leto version. I didn't realize Zazie Beetz was attached either which moves it closer to me seeing it in a theater.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
It's more that we also don't need every character in the comic book universe to have a standalone film. The Joker isn't an interesting character on his own, he's interesting in context with the characters he bounces off of.

Its not in an overarching universe.

I disagree regarding the joker not being interesting enough in his own right. Even so, maybe this will be the movie which makes it so for more people.

Why did they choose the director of the hangover for this movie?

Is the brand toxic?

He came to the studio with a concept they liked so they went forward with it.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
So is the joker replacing the one in the DC universe? Honestly have no idea what's going on there