PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
It will be a damn good phone but it looks absolutely hideous. That's less of a camera bump and more of a camera attachment.

The Letter C

Alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2018
Better than Huaweis approach
I don't think this is true actually, this looks alright and aesthetically pleasing. Especially when compared to the render in OP

Mate-20-Pro-3.jpg

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Too early for a real leak, final version won't look like this. But yah if it has 3 cams final version will be designed more like Huawei.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
lmfao that shit is hideous.

How much extra do y'all think they'll charge for that third camera? $100 price bump? $200?

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Wait this is real?

...I just saw it on twitter and thought someone was just making a joke about how many cameras some phones have....holy fucking shit, that is ugly af

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
who the fuck gives a shit about how it looks like from the back? are going to have sex with your phone? seriously wtf is wrong with you people. I want the best camera possible, wide angle, better zoom in lens. Just don't buy it if you think its ugly

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
who the fuck gives a shit about how it looks like from the back? are going to have sex with your phone? seriously wtf is wrong with you people. I want the best camera possible, wide angle, better zoom in lens. Just don't buy it if you think its ugly
This looks a lot more likely to get the cameras scratched or damaged though, even with a case on.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Wait until iPhone 12 it will trigger your trypophobia.

/holy shit era runs like ass on mobile

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Wait this is real?

...I just saw it on twitter and thought someone was just making a joke about how many cameras some phones have....holy fucking shit, that is ugly af
No, it's a fan render based on solid speculation that Apple will add another camera sensor for 3D Time of Flight information in the next iPhone.

It is not something leaked internally from Apple and is not indicative of what the actual phone will look like.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh by 2020 5g should be widespread and battery life normalized. 5g benefits are speed and network congestion if I understand correctly. Waaaay faster.
I hope so! It's cool manufacturers are starting to implement it in 2019 (Samsung seems to be, among other). It's just availability will be low outside major cities, and the kinks that need worked out. 2020 or 2021 is probably when I'll be looking to upgrade, assuming it's not still being smoothed out. Hard to tell where I'll be in terms of platform I wanna use tho, so I'll be sort of a "free agent", in that regard lol

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Other people probably see the back of a phone more than any other part of it. The front is basically mostly just a screen. Also this post is pretty amusing. Are you saying that design doesn't matter? Or are you suggesting that you can't have added functionality correlating with better design? My how the discussion around Apple design has changed.

There are phones that exist with multiple cameras that already have a better rear camera arrangement and design than the laughable look Apple has here. All of these look far better in their implementations.

Samsung-launches-new-image-sensors-for-smartphones-with-multiple-cameras.jpg

Huawei-P20-sales-to-surpass-20-million-units-in-2018.jpg

The-Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-is-the-makers-second-phone-with-a-triple-camera-already.jpg

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
Right, but as it stands it seems like right now it's worse than LTE, as far as that goes. I don't want my signal halved or worse because I walked into my house. I'm sure they'll figure something out eventually and it'll be fine, but I'm definitely gonna wait a bit and let it mature before jumping in.

I remember when LTE was first introduced, HTC jumped in strong with their marketing showing the "first LTE smartphone!!", then everyone realized the battery life was ass. Nothing wrong with sticking to LTE until 5G really takes off.
your phone would switch down to 4G i assume, or heck, wi-fi.
5G is short(ish) range and lacks penetration power because it's a higher frequency.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Just a note this "design" and camera is not unique, just in case anyone is saying this is a joke and Apple would never do this. Apple invented the camera bump, the days of clean design ended with that. It is more function than form when it comes to the camera.

The Huawei Mate 20 Pro came out 2 months ago and has the same camera set up:
That looks much better, but Apple's thing actually has a fifth camera (or a laser or whatever it is) at the bottom right. That's why jt has seemingly asymmetrical awful looking arrangement.

CelestialAtom

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 26, 2017
Replace cores with cameras.
And AMD with every phone manufacturer in 2018-2019.
9660da_3877906.jpg

Apple barely innovates, but AMD is the reason we have access to more cores at a cheap price for those of us that need them. They could definitely improve on their single core performance, but they aren't THAT bad. They are at least making more of an effort than Intel at the moment.

Sinfamy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apple barely innovates, but AMD is the reason we have access to more cores at a cheap price for those of us that need them. They could definitely improve on their single core performance, but they aren't THAT bad. They are at least making more of an effort than Intel at the moment.
Yea but that's a meme from the FX series where single core performance was awful.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
That camera looks weird as fuck, but why would anyone care? When you throw a case on it (which you should) it doesn't stick out anyway. And even without a case it already sticks out, no matter if it's the old size or this size. It's not like it sticks out more with 3 than with 2 camera's.

mario_O

Nov 15, 2017
Ugh, looks very dorky. The design is far from Apple's typical elegance and simplicity (not counting the horrible notch).

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Other people probably see the back of a phone more than any other part of it. The front is basically mostly just a screen. Also this post is pretty amusing. Are you saying that design doesn't matter? Or are you suggesting that you can't have added functionality correlating with better design? My how the discussion around Apple design has changed.

There are phones that exist with multiple cameras that already have a better rear camera arrangement and design than the laughable look Apple has here. All of these look far better in their implementations.

Samsung-launches-new-image-sensors-for-smartphones-with-multiple-cameras.jpg

Huawei-P20-sales-to-surpass-20-million-units-in-2018.jpg

The-Huawei-Mate-20-Pro-is-the-makers-second-phone-with-a-triple-camera-already.jpg
There's absolutely no chance that what we see in the fan render will be the actual sensor arrangement within the camera module. It's Apple, the company that aligns the charging port with the speaker grill. The render is based off a 3 camera sensor rumor and placed them recklessly.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is fugly. Apple should just outsource hardware to Samsung (don't they make their screens?)

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dear lord that's hideous but totally something I could see them doing given their recent disastrous design trends. We'll see if it's that heinous in the released product