Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
z9GtGP0.jpeg

Is that the teeth brushing PSA ad dino?
EDIT: No, he was green. But this one is still familiar.
What's going on with Budget ALTTP-Link in the background there?

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
Huckleberry Hound, Henery Hawk(from Foghorn Leghorn cartoons), Yakky Doodle(not to be mistaken for the little duck from Tom and Jerry), and Yogi and Boo Boo.

the Cupid above the pig on the left looks familiar too.

most of those others seem to be loose references to other properties not owned by Warner. Disney/Nintendo in particular.

What's going on with Budget ALTTP-Link in the background there?

"Skeletor" is in the back, i believe.

OP
OP
thecouncil

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
judging by pinky's phone at the very end, it seems like brain is trying to hypnotize people through an instagram post.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Man, I want this two minutes from now, not a month from now.

The trailer looks really fun.

TheGrue

Oct 25, 2017
Animaniacs came out while I was in college and I watched it all the time. Watching these trailers has got me pretty excited to check this out.

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Something about Pinky being on Tinder feels... not correct.

This looks fun though, I'm curious if it'll be attempting to be all ages or if they're going to be more risqué with the jokes than usual (yes yes, "finger Prince", but you get the idea).

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I. Can't. Wait. I'm so freaking excited for this.

I just started watching the originals on Hule because of this. The Yakko's World segment calls Puerto Rico and Guam separate countries, lol

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Only 13 eps for this season? =( That was the one downer of that fantastic trailer.

KNZFive

Oct 28, 2017
(Please don't be a surface level anime parody of 90's tropes. Please don't be a surface level parody of 90's tropes.)
Normally, I'd assume it was that, but this reboot is being worked on by a bunch of younger artists who undoubtedly have more exposure to anime. So the parody should hopefully be more nuanced and involved than that.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
What I am really digging about this is the fact that it doesn't have that flat/rigid/puppet like flash tweened animation seen in so many recent cartoons. There is a nice clean hand drawn kind of look to it with squash and stretch, pose-to-pose, follow-through and other techniques that give animation character rather than a robotic, manufactured look.

WaveBird

Oct 29, 2017
What I am really digging about this is the fact that it doesn't have that flat/rigid/puppet like flash tweened animation seen in so many recent cartoons. There is a nice clean hand drawn kind of look to it with squash and stretch, pose-to-pose, follow-through and other techniques that give animation character rather than a robotic, manufactured look.

Noticed that as well. When the Brain was holding on to the cage in one little clip the cage looked like that "new school" look but he still looked pretty classic. As a kid I was a Nick Toons kinda guy and barely watched this show. Maaaaybe I've seen one or two episodes and a handful of clips in my life. This trailer has sold me. Show looks fantastic and I usually don't like reboots like this. Even as a Nick Toon person, I didn't make it through any of the three specials that came out awhile back (Rocko, Zim, Arnold).

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Just want to re-iterate on how great it is to see traditional animation techniques in play with a few select frames.

X0qbTzD.png

Q1H7sgU.png

1UR3wrr.png

tSg5nFZ.png

ZuD24qX.png

dTDCDgy.png

20Q2c80.png

RdUtVlU.png

Look at all the character in each frame. It's what builds on great animation.

El Beefo

May 9, 2018
Old news I guess, but the songs in this series are being written by the guys who did the music for Anna and the Apocalypse!
You should check out that movie if you haven't

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Noticed that as well. When the Brain was holding on to the cage in one little clip the cage looked like that "new school" look but he still looked pretty classic. As a kid I was a Nick Toons kinda guy and barely watched this show. Maaaaybe I've seen one or two episodes and a handful of clips in my life. This trailer has sold me. Show looks fantastic and I usually don't like reboots like this. Even as a Nick Toon person, I didn't make it through any of the three specials that came out awhile back (Rocko, Zim, Arnold).

NickToons 90s stuff was the shit. There was so much expression and characterisation in their animation.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Has there been any mention of what they're using for their primary animation software?

I wouldn't be surprised if they were using Toon Boom.

Edit update: I dig some digging around and it is indeed Toon Boom. Warner Bros Burbank is working on this and their primary animation software in job applications is : Photoshop, Toon Boom.

CltRiQ5.png

Last edited:

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
I guess I'm sensitive to this stuff. It'll be fine, watchable, good looking even, but I just don't like how digital looks here. Sometimes it's clearly new drawigns every frame, looks fantastic, other times it looks flat and not so hot.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm sensitive to this stuff. It'll be fine, watchable, good looking even, but I just don't like how digital looks here. Sometimes it's clearly new drawigns every frame, looks fantastic, other times it looks flat and not so hot.

I agree. It's not a deal-breaker and I'm sure it will grow on me, but it's just not cel animation. Nothing is these days, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.