• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
What? It didn't look like this at all.

One, I think it looks INSANELY nitpicky to compare old hand drawn to new digital hand drawn. It's definitely the same style in new hardware so to speak. Second, there's quite a difference between original human characters (the pilgrim I see in the thumbnail) like what you posted and the actual celebrity likenesses that were featured in the original. On my phone, but if you find an episode with an actual celebrity likeness it definitely looks more like the new clip as far as art style goes.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
"Wheel of Morality, turn, turn, turn. Tell us the lesson that we should learn....

And the moral of today's story is... "One should hold judgment until it's given a fair chance."

Last edited:

Narroo

Banned
Feb 27, 2018

New trailer! New clips!

This looks surprisingly great!

I wonder if they'll take advantage of Hulu to be more raunchy?

EDIT: Something I noticed; they seem to be taking advantage of the digital art to use camera angles to make the warner brothers and sister look more like animals; you can see this at 0:53 in the clip which Yakoo's muzzle is actually visible.

Given current internet culture, I have to wonder: Will they continue with the Warner Brother's sexism and women chasing? And if so: Will they run into a furry?

It'd be hysterical if they run into a grown up Elmira character with a fur suit...and maybe a little creepy too.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a little stiffer, but when they choose to really animate shots it looks fantastic. The head turns and nods are great. It's less "zany" but still well animated when necessary. Really looking forward to it.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
It was great! I literally was laughing out loud at parts of it and I have needed a good laugh this year

Fumpster

Nov 4, 2017
That new trailer really didn't do it for me. A lot of the jokes were typical reboot "wow look how different things are after 20 years" affair, and a lot of "funny cell phone" humor. Feels a lot like the newer Futurama episodes where they're a little too late to the self-parody and technological observation bandwagon. Hopefully that's just the first episode or two.

Animation is looking pretty good though.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
That new trailer really didn't do it for me. A lot of the jokes were typical reboot "wow look how different things are after 20 years" affair, and a lot of "funny cell phone" humor. Feels a lot like the newer Futurama episodes where they're a little too late to the self-parody and technological observation bandwagon. Hopefully that's just the first episode or two.

Animation is looking pretty good though.

Seems pretty fitting considering how dated many of the references from the original series could be.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully the "future-shock" jokes are conslidated to 1 or 2 episodes, else that'll get old quick.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
yeUzgE6.png

I'm sure it's just a coincidence...

(Curious who that tiny figure might be, it doesn't look to be one of the principal characters. Given one brief shot of talking about mythology, presumably some Argonauts stuff?)

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
The reactions to modern pop culture is exactly on par with old Animiacs. That was kind of their whole thing.

They were locked in a vault for decades so they're awareness of the modern world constantly needed to be explained. The show itself was a hodgepodge of references to pop culture from the 30s/40s and the 90's.

This is exactly what I expected and the humor is better than I had hoped.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
The reactions to modern pop culture is exactly on par with old Animiacs. That was kind of their whole thing.

They were locked in a vault for decades so they're awareness of the modern world constantly needed to be explained. The show itself was a hodgepodge of references to pop culture from the 30s/40s and the 90's.

This is exactly what I expected and the humor is better than I had hoped.

Yeah this all feels very much in line with the original series. People might not care for those jokes but it's classic Animaniacs.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Pop culture references and biting social commentary are probably why this show was rebooted--and why there's seemingly such a focus on the Warner siblings' shorts, since those were what typically dished them out.

Lost Lemurian

Nov 30, 2019
The new digital animation definitely looks different from the old cel stuff, but damn if there isn't a ton of love and care put into it. All the subtle little flourishes and details, the expressiveness of the characters, it's all wonderful.

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
Man, it feels like Animaniacs, hope they can stick the landing.

And what the heck are Huckleberry Hound and Yogi Bear doing there?

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised if the others didn't at least make an appearance of some sort. But the other segments were never as good as the Warners and pinky/brain
I will argue that Slappy's segments were on par with them.
After rewatching all of the original Animaniacs last year, as an adult I appreciate Slappy & Skippy way more now, lol

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
yea like When they had the Rocko Modern Life rebot last year. "look we are in the 21th century now!" "ipads, iphone, internet!" it got old with Rocko reboot.
tbh, Rocko's wasn't that bad. The first five minutes overloads on that one single joke, but the rest of that special played out much like the original series' tone and humor, but in a modern setting of course.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
The only two groups that matter to me!
Though I'll definitely give Slappy an honourable mention and errr, where does chicken boo land here?

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I think that if the first season is successful, they'll bring on other characters like The Goodfeathers, Slappy (you need to bring back Slappy), Rita & Runt, etc.

That's assuming we don't see the above in their own shorts in S1.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I think that if the first season is successful, they'll bring on other characters like The Goodfeathers, Slappy (you need to bring back Slappy), Rita & Runt, etc.

That's assuming we don't see the above in their own shorts in S1.

I remember Les Miseranimals vividly. Wonder if we can get a Rita & Runt take on Hamilton.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I remember Les Miseranimals vividly. Wonder if we can get a Rita & Runt take on Hamilton.

I fully expect Rita & Runt to appear, if only for their takes on modern music.

Something like Goodfeathers might be a bit dated but then again, The Godfather and Goodfellas are timeless so...

Slappy is eternal

They can also really push buttons with Chicken Boo if they wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.