Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017
i disagree and i think it is disrespectful for the VAs
also male byleth has a much superior design that doesnt make you cringe so there is a bonus
Just like you were disrespecting Female Byleth's VA by saying you didn't care about her where is the male byleth clip?

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Completely agreed. Going from Three Houses to this is basically the same transition as adding a voiced protagonist would be in Persona, and Shez's combination of aloofness and seriousness really works well. Especially with the dialogue options - what they end up saying seems to match the options very well, and actually shows the character has unique knowledge and insight in the situation due to their background, while still seeming to work well as a pseudo-self insert character. Exactly what I want from a Persona protagonist.
+100 You took the words right outta my mouth. Shez was the one who sold me on the game from the demo. Such a massive leap forward for a protagonist. Very refreshing. And Atlus definitely needs to take notes from how Shez is done.

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can you unlock both Shez/Byleth genders as playable characters? Or are you locked into one gender for all playthroughs?

Oct 27, 2017
Okay I was in support convo and a subject was brought up that reminded me of something that confused me in the begging of the game.

So you are part of Berling's Mercenaries and the game starts with you fighting with Jeralt's group. What's the actual in game logic for this? A clientele territory dispute or is business so rough you literally murder your competition?

The former, kinda. It's explained in one of the supports that IIRC two nobles were fighting and one hired Berling's mercenaries and the other hired Jeralt's.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Feels like this is the first Musou where commanding your units around the map matters.

Usually that's just busy work and I just go ahead with the most OP character and kill everything.

It's exactly the same in the first Fire emblem Warriors, for whatever it's worth. They deliberately made the AI do significantly more than in Age of Calamity where they're completely useless.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game is too good. Hate these class systems though cause I get way too into it lmao. Everybody's been stuck in clssses they're not suited for for hours getting skills that sound dope… it's going to be satisfying though when I can direct them where I want them to go

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say this sells the feeling of the war very well.

Scarlet Blaze through Chapter 9 spoilers

Scenario played out where Count Rowe betrayed Edelgard, and as they're talking, I'm playing as Edelgard and just smash through armies on my way to punish him and his bodyguard with an axe. Just vicious and brutal. I love it.

Also loved the Claude laying siege to Count Bergliez troops scenario. Weaving through Claude's traps as you try to break Bergliez out.

Love the decision to speed through the school part in this game. as much as I loved it in Three Houses, Three Hopes focusing on the darker second half is perfect for the type of game it is.

Though that means it's pretty essential to play Three Houses before storywise. But as someone who did, it's perfect

Robes

Dec 9, 2021
I feel like this is one of the best Warriors games to date, but the downtime between fights can be quite lengthy. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the direction that FireEmblem main series has taken, Three Houses was an absolute slog which felt like 90% running around the monastery ticking off boring, aimless checklists and 10% enjoyable turn based strategy. Sometimes I sat down to play Three Houses and didn't even get to a battle. Well, the same has happpened to me here, just endlessly and aimlessly ticking off all the boxes between battles slows the game down so much for me, which is a great shame because the actual battles are second to none. The strategy and the number of things happening during battles just absolutely blows away the latest games like Zelda Age of Calamity and Samurai Warriors 5.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Kind of hope someone puts out a video or something that shows what all the class outfits/armors look like for Shez. Been trying out the Mage Class which is pretty fun to play, but not a huge fan of the brown robes. Not sure if the advanced and master classes on that side of the tree look much different.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Swordmaster Mercedes absolutely disgusting. Now she's immortal and killing things

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
I feel like this is one of the best Warriors games to date, but the downtime between fights can be quite lengthy. Unfortunately I'm not a fan of the direction that FireEmblem main series has taken, Three Houses was an absolute slog which felt like 90% running around the monastery ticking off boring, aimless checklists and 10% enjoyable turn based strategy. Sometimes I sat down to play Three Houses and didn't even get to a battle. Well, the same has happpened to me here, just endlessly and aimlessly ticking off all the boxes between battles slows the game down so much for me, which is a great shame because the actual battles are second to none. The strategy and the number of things happening during battles just absolutely blows away the latest games like Zelda Age of Calamity and Samurai Warriors 5.
I wouldn't be as harsh as you, but yes. Especially between chapters, between tons of dialog and all the camp management, it's long.

Mar 11, 2020
Someone on Gamefaqs figured out the kill requirements strategy. Dont order AI directly to an enemy, put them near one so AI kills randoms too instead of just focusing generals since AI kills count for total.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
I will say this is the first game Omega Force managed to make characters feel unique ever since they started moving into the shareable movesets direction, thanks to unique abilities. Preferred weapon in Samurai Warriors 5 and Dynasty Warriors 8XL/9 was not enough.

Now, it's still not perfect as some unique abilities are not that unique or interesting, but it's a move in the right direction.

I still prefer the old ways of making characters completely unique with a fixed moveset. Like the original FEW, actually (and Age of Calamity). However, I can see how the more characters you have, the less feasible that approach is (so much so that FEW has a lot of clones).

Happy they are finding a good middle ground with unique abilities. Hopefully they expand on it with the next games (though knowing Omega Force, they will probably just take one step forward and two steps backwards like always).

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Did anyone check if lower tier classes have longer combo chains when the weapon got to level A? I'd need to check that…

Edit: Holy fuck it actually works. This changes everything 🧐

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I will say this is the first game Omega Force managed to make characters feel unique ever since they started moving into the shareable movesets direction, thanks to unique abilities. Preferred weapon in Samurai Warriors 5 and Dynasty Warriors 8XL/9 was not enough.

Now, it's still not perfect as some unique abilities are not that unique or interesting, but it's a move in the right direction.

I still prefer the old ways of making characters completely unique with a fixed moveset. Like the original FEW, actually (and Age of Calamity). However, I can see how the more characters you have, the less feasible that approach is (so much so that FEW has a lot of clones).

Happy they are finding a good middle ground with unique abilities. Hopefully they expand on it with the next games (though knowing Omega Force, they will probably just take one step forward and two steps backwards like always).
Did the original Hyrule Warriors had clones? I don't remember anyone sharing the same moveset. And after all the DLC it has more playable characters than the first Fire Emblem Warriors... I think. Not sure about this one.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Did the original Hyrule Warriors had clones? I don't remember anyone sharing the same moveset. And after all the DLC it has more playable characters than the first Fire Emblem Warriors... I think. Not sure about this one.
Nope, Hyrule Warriors had character unique movesets. Age of Calamity too, but that one has a lot less characters.

It's one of the reasons people like Hyrule Warriors so much.

I meant more their main Musou branches, Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, both of which now adopts movesets linked to the weapons, not the characters, and Fire Emblem Three Hopes follows that philosophy to an extent.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
Quick question. I feel like I'm falling behind the level curve on Scarlet Blaze, and I'm not getting enough gold to level up everyone.

Should I do the Fire Emblem thing and just focus on a core set of characters again? I mean eight is the maximum deployment. Or is there a way to catch people up that works well? Like a map that's surprisingly good Exp or Gold?

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Quick question. I feel like I'm falling behind the level curve on Scarlet Blaze, and I'm not getting enough gold to level up everyone.

Should I do the Fire Emblem thing and just focus on a core set of characters again? I mean eight is the maximum deployment. Or is there a way to catch people up that works well? Like a map that's surprisingly good Exp or Gold?
you just have to grind, I have like 33 units on AG and nowhere near enough money to level them all up and have them max out their tactics stuff without grinding. But I'm grinding for supports anyway, so money comes naturally.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Scarlet Blaze Chapter 8, and I have a question:

Is Ingrid's death unavoidable? This is the first time a character that can't be recruited but playable on other routes actually dies instead of just retreating.

Same here. I thought i did something wrong since everyone got so emo about it but i didnt see any way to prevent or avoid it?
she spawned right on top of the gwendal dude and count something and they were almost dead and the main mission was kill ingrid and you had no option to persuade her. so i didnt want to fail and have to do that fucking mission again and just killed her.

speaking of persuading people say that its far better than in this one than 3 houses but its kinda almost the same thing?

i thought you would be able to poach one, maybe two from other schools, but its still mostly everyone. like, first thing you can do in azure something is recruit petra, come the fuck on, i know shes pissed about some people in the empire because of brigid but she doesnt look like the type who would turn coat like that just because felix said HEY U DONT WANT TO DIE DIE BAD in the very first fucking mission

there are a bunch of "seize stronghold" quests in smaller maps that the objective is just that and then when you get all of them a boss appear, you kill it and mission done. i repeat them a lot when i want to grind something, theyre quick and easy

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember correctly you could get your weapon ranks up to S in three houses, can you do so in Three Hopes as well?

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018

I thought the specific direction they wanted to take for the FEW games was to have movesets based on class, not by character. I remember seeing people complain in the original FEW that all the pegasus knights played the same and so on. I don't know if it had anything to do with the "mainline" Warriors games.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile

I feel the best way to level up a character that is lagging behind in levels is to give them the Experience Accessory, deploy them, and immediately pair them with Shez or any character that can do the most kills on a map. Just have the character you want to level up to act as backup and they get some quick levels with no risk of getting killed.

Morlas

Oct 25, 2017
Leveling up is pretty expensive even when you have the training grounds fully upgraded lol

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Lorenz's personal skill is fucking busted, holy shit. It just nullifies damage and recharges so fast that he like never gets hit.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Lorenz's personal skill is fucking busted, holy shit. It just nullifies damage and recharges so fast that he like never gets hit.

how about petras dodge, where not only you also dont get damaged (cause youre dodging), it has no cooldown at all, and it also damages and throws/stun enemies

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Same here. I thought i did something wrong since everyone got so emo about it but i didnt see any way to prevent or avoid it?
she spawned right on top of the gwendal dude and count something and they were almost dead and the main mission was kill ingrid and you had no option to persuade her. so i didnt want to fail and have to do that fucking mission again and just killed her.

speaking of persuading people say that its far better than in this one than 3 houses but its kinda almost the same thing?

i thought you would be able to poach one, maybe two from other schools, but its still mostly everyone. like, first thing you can do in azure something is recruit petra, come the fuck on, i know shes pissed about some people in the empire because of brigid but she doesnt look like the type who would turn coat like that just because felix said HEY U DONT WANT TO DIE DIE BAD in the very first fucking mission

there are a bunch of "seize stronghold" quests in smaller maps that the objective is just that and then when you get all of them a boss appear, you kill it and mission done. i repeat them a lot when i want to grind something, theyre quick and easy

Recruitment is a lot more limited in 3 Hopes because half the people can't be recruited anymore. For example, no one in the
Blue Lions besides Mercedes and Ashe can be recruited.

But some recruitments make more sense than others. I feel like
Petra and Dorothea
really don't want to be on Team Faerghus and they just joined so they wouldn't be killed.

Kind of hope someone puts out a video or something that shows what all the class outfits/armors look like for Shez. Been trying out the Mage Class which is pretty fun to play, but not a huge fan of the brown robes. Not sure if the advanced and master classes on that side of the tree look much different.

You can change Shez's outfit in the journal so that she's Lsays wearing her default clothes in battle.

TeacherDenz

Jul 7, 2020
This game is amazing. It would have been even more amazing if it ran well… but yeah one can't ask for too much when it comes to Nintendo. Anyhow wow I'm really enjoying this as much as I did when Three Houses released. Getting back with my Yellow gang feels amazing. This time I might even do the story for Edelgard and Dimitri because I'm really enjoying the gameplay. It got such a positive loop going on that one just wants to go from one battle to the next.

Are there any other well polished musou games like this one out there?

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I thought the specific direction they wanted to take for the FEW games was to have movesets based on class, not by character. I remember seeing people complain in the original FEW that all the pegasus knights played the same and so on. I don't know if it had anything to do with the "mainline" Warriors games.
FE Warriors was more a case of them attempting to give every character unique movesets but then noticing it'd be impossible and slapping together clones from existing movesets. They aren't really class based and the origins of the movesets are often obvious. For example, Takumi is an archer, and Sakura a shrine maiden, and yet they share the same bow moveset - which was also clearly designed with Takumi in mind since several attacks use wind energy arrows, some even for melee range, an ability of his legendary weapon. Same goes to Owain sharing Ryoma's moveset. Those attacks were specifically based on the Fates Samurai class line's animations and Ryoma's raijinto (lightning sword).

Last edited:

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Recruitment is a lot more limited in 3 Hopes because half the people can't be recruited anymore. For example, no one in the

Petra and Dorothea
really don't want to be on Team Faerghus and they just joined so they wouldn't be killed.

I get Dorothea and Lindhart since even under Scarlet Blaze they are full of reservations all the way but i dont buy it for Petra because she always looked a lot more tougher and determined than that, specially post-time skip and if you play through BE. The way she deflects so fast is honestly a real disservice to her character, "not wanting to die" or not. Just like it makes sense that Ashe/Mercedes can deflect because of Emil/Lonato but the others wouldnt. I also get that Leicester and the Empire make an alliance later, but before that you can basically nab anyone not named Hilda, and stretching it i could say it made sense for Lorenz because his father deflects to the empire in other routes and Lysithea if she knows about Edelgard situation/research? she still kinda hates the empire though.. Dunno, it still felt in the end that i had most of the other schools on my team (thought not as bad as 3H levels) and i kinda wish they made it a bit more scarce than that

God i apologize for the Control document post, i'm not doing this again i promise!

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Im 40 hours in and still on the Blue Lions route. On chapter 14. I hope to god NG+ lets me keep my levels so I can blaze through the other paths. The story is so much better than Three Houses.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017

i just roll with four people, only mc keeps up with the level curve, and that's with using the exp item, everyone else is 10-30 levels between unless i buy levels

grinding is . . . not worth it i feel, unless you have no money

keeping everyone up just feels like a waste of time, you only get four people per stage

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah recruitment is super funny in this game at least on AG so far lol. In Three Houses you recruit somebody and they renounce their entire damn family, that's how loyal they are to you. Here you recruit them and they're just "I'm literally here because you'd kill me otherwise. Why the hell are you doing this to me?"

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
i just roll with four people, only mc keeps up with the level curve, and that's with using the exp item, everyone else is 10-30 levels between unless i buy levels

keeping everyone up just feels like a waste of time, you only get four people per stage

The main chapter battles you technically have 7 to 8. So you want to keep at least 8 people leveled and geared up since you have your 4 mains and 4 supports. The later chapters on hard, are indeed hard if underleveled.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah recruitment is super funny in this game at least on AG so far lol. In Three Houses you recruit somebody and they renounce their entire damn family, that's how loyal they are to you. Here you recruit them and they're just "I'm literally here because you'd kill me otherwise. Why the hell are you doing this to me?"

At least it solved one issue that i had with 3H that you could recruit everyone during "part one" and then part two was all leaders, adjuntants and burt mcnotimportant taking the place of the npcs you recruited, it kinda lessened the impact of fighting other houses a lot

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

I like to level almost everyone up just so I can grind supports and because there are several characters with cool unique styles that I like and want to switch between

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
The game is kinda weird for me.

I am enjoying it well enough and I see the addicting quality it holds but at the same time I also think the game is kinda... boring?

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Petra and Dorothea

You can change Shez's outfit in the journal so that she's Lsays wearing her default clothes in battle.

Yep I saw that. Not a huge fan of the default outfit, so just wanted to try out the other class specific ones if they looked better.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a loss where the "most recent checkpoint" was literally unwinnable, wish there was an option to go back one more checkpoint.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
lmao that ending 🤣🤣🤣

Imma gonna read about alternate endings because holy fuck I can see why some players would be upset 🤣🤣🤣