• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It's incredible that these folks cranked out probably the best Fire Emblem story since Path of Radiance, and arguably the best since Genealogy of the Holy War.

An impressive result for their first time on Fire Emblem!

Impressive, but also pretty damning for Intsys to essentially be upstaged by another developer on their own series.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They made a really good job from what I've played so far.

The church parts are much more interesting and time sinking that I would've expected.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
Map gameplay does remind me a ton of Dynasty Tactics.

But it's been a while since I've played those games.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They need to keep a lockdown on whomever the new music composer is because the OST is an absolute banger.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I know we all want a Genealogy remake, but they literally said they were going to do FE6.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Man, the graphics are not good. The look ok most of the time but some parts are unacceptable like the clouds and the almost complete lack of shadows.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm impressed by the work they did, they totally nailed it.
Man if FE Warriors made this possible, this is just amazing for KT.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
I knew those 3d graphics felt familiar ! Especially the battlefields and the monastery. Typical musou.

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
I know we all want a Genealogy remake, but they literally said they were going to do FE6.

they really didn.
There's two nintendo directors working on fire emblem, Yokota and Nakanishi. Yokota's been there since awakening and Nakanishi was a director starting with echoes. Nakanishi stated that he wanted to FE6, but he's not the big boss of Int Sys or Nintendo for this stuff, mind you that's not including Int Sys's directors (Kusakihara for this game and Echoes, and Maeda for Awakening/Fates/Heroes) or guys like HIguchi or Narihiro who are the big boys at Int Sys.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Is...that good or bad? Not surprising, I dont think FE formula is exact hell to replicate, but...
Since the game ended being awesome, it's definitely not bad.
Means that IS is busy working on something else. They've expressed wanting to do a new Advance Wars (leads have said they are interested but were still wondering how to do it with support rank like in FE, and that people working at IS really wanted to do a new one), we can dream that they're doing a new one.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Means that IS is busy working on something else. They've expressed wanting to do a new Advance Wars (leads have said they are interested but were still wondering how to do it with support rank like in FE, and that people working at IS really wanted to do a new one), we can dream that they're doing that.
It's safe to assume that IS are probably working on Paper Mario (though, they are capable of handling multiple projects at once, so maybe Advance Wars could be in the works too; who knows).

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Anyway, those weird messages on the Nintendo threads about how IS was only going to be a Fire Emblem machine, that they're so busy working on it that there's not even a new Paper Mario on the work (even if it's not by the same leads lmao) sure didn't aged well. So busy working on it with 17 employees, no ressources available for something else lol

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
It's safe to assume that IS are probably working on Paper Mario (though, they are capable of handling multiple projects at once, so maybe Advance Wars could be in the works too; who knows).
Yeah a Paper Mario is a sure bet ! But since there's not a lot of devs working on Three Houses, those ressources available probably went somewhere else too ^^

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. The wonder is if they're making something else on top of Paper Mario. Could they be bringing back Advance Wars.

Again as we've said hundreds of times now is the time to bring back old IP's. This is the market you want to do it in.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017
So then what is the rest of Intelligent Systems doing?

The rest of Intelligent Systems is currently working on a large budget revival of the Metal Combat series, using the Labo VR gun instead of the Super Scope.

Very surprised that KT did most of the work on TH. Glad it turned out as good as it did!

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
So then what is the rest of Intelligent Systems doing?
Making Paper Mar..

Not making Paper Mario 3.
giphy.gif

Paper Mario: Sticker Star 2

They made one for WiiU called Color Splash.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
Looking into what else was in deveolpment it makes sense.

They made Wario Ware gold and 3DS FE games.

I hope this means we get a new game in 2 years

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I mean the switch is perfect for a game like AW. Still, it seems like a lot of Nintendo's teams are not running optimally right now, which is strange for them given they now only have one system to focus on.

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
If you told me the writers of Fire Emblem Warriors were writing the story for this game I would have assumed the worst. That game had a pathetic story, even for a musou!

Three Houses has been great so far though. So, like, WOW, man.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
They made one for WiiU called Color Splash.
Sticker Star is a boring game where you traverse some boring linear levels in order to find boring cards in order to do boring card battles with no purpose.

Color Splash is a fantastic adventure game with hilarious writting, jaw dropping wtf events, and filled with fun objectives within the zones, where you sometimes do some boring card battles. It just kept the boring card game, but this time at least it has a purpose because you level up your paint level.
They should had just throw away the card system, just gave us a semi-action game where you just have to jump on the ennemies or hit them with the hammer, Super Paper Mario style, and it would have been perfect.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Impressive, but also pretty damning for Intsys to essentially be upstaged by another developer on their own series.

In what way have they been 'upstaged'? The most critically acclaimed FE games are still theirs and whilst this could be the most successful console FE commercially yet it obviously won't come close to Heroes.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Sticker Star is a boring game where you traverse some boring linear levels in order to find boring cards in order to do boring card battles with no purpose.

Color Splash is a fantastic adventure game with hilarious writting, jaw dropping wtf events, and filled with fun objectives within the zones, where you sometimes do some boring card battles. It just kept the boring card game, but this time at least it has a purpose because you level up your paint level.
They should had just throw away the card system, just gave us a semi-action game where you just have to jump on the ennemies or hit them with the hammer, Super Paper Mario style, and it would have been perfect.

Oh I'm not saying its a bad game (quite the opposite actually), just that its a straight up sequel to Sticker Star that unfortunately very few people played. I wish they had delayed it for few months and release as Switch launch title.

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
In another interview the two directors said that all the creative output was from IntSys, and that Koei was there for their development power. So I don't think it changes much, it's still an IntSys/Nintendo collaboration with Koei helping.

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Should be noted that this team is not Team Ninja nor the Musou/Warriors team, as mentioned in the interview it's the team behind the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series of strategy games. This series is actually very popular and prestigious in Japan.
Koei's Romance of the Three Kingdoms game series may be prestigious but surely isn't very popular in Japan.
The series peaked 20-30 years ago, now it's a sub 100K affair.

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
That was said by one of this game's directors as their personal wish for a next remake. So, if they're working on another FE game simultaneously it probably wouldn't be that.

Last edited:

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Oh I'm not saying its a bad game (quite the opposite actually), just that its a straight up sequel to Sticker Star that unfortunately very few people played. I wish they had delayed it for few months and release as Switch launch title.
The worst part about Color Splash was it being stuck with the terrible main series enemies/species restriction. Seeing Odyssey a few months later with plenty of create new enemies and species only made it worse.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I think everyone involved in this comes out looking good. The directors, designers, and supervisors from IntSys. The clearly talented team from Koei Tecmo. The character designer and the composers. It's all good, and that wouldn't be the case if someone wasn't pulling their weight.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Koei Tecmo should be happy knowing they'll be making the best selling Fire Emblem game and critically well received.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
So it's the Warriors writers on this game? Nice! That certainly explains why the support conversations are so much fun. They were excellent in Warriors, and so far the Three Houses ones are even better.

Honestly, Warriors might have had a by the numbers excuse plot, but the character writing was great. It made the Fates people shine so much more than their own game ever did, and Marth awkwardly reacting to Lucina fangirling at him was hilarious. Three Houses is mostly character writing with a dash of worldbuilding. So they playing to their strengths and making something amazing.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Ryu Hayabusa ever gets added to Smash people are going to say it's because of KT making Three Houses, lol.

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
I really enjoy Nintendo's and KT's collabs as of late. With MUA3 being another recent one, I sure hope they continue their strong relationship. And maybe, just maybe, KT's teams can still learn a few technical things from Nintendo devs, which in turn would help them polish those titles.

Oct 25, 2017
It is very impressive since this is my favorite FE in over a decade. I disliked Awakening/Birthright, but Three Houses is ticking all the right boxes so far.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
The replies in this thread is my yearly reminder that Intelligent Systems is just a very amazing developer.

(But I'll be happiest with a new Panel De Pon / Puzzle League, so ya know, Intelligent Systems...)

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man. If IS could do an epic scale Advanced Wars like their more recent FE games, but still with the style of the original AWs, I'd be so god damn happy.

Last edited:

OuterLimits

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I love the Koei strategy games Romance of the 3 Kingdoms and Nobunaga's Ambition. Damn, I am super excited to try this now.