Status
Not open for further replies.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So far I've recruited three students and I only just started Chapter 7. Just ranking up their Supports to B is way easier than meeting their stat requirements, have them assist in a few battles and just stick them next to Byleth, or quite literally on Byleth as and adjutant, the whole time and you can rank up rather quick, then a few gifts during exploration and you're done. I also randomly met the requirements to recruit Sylvain and I'm close to meeting the requirements for Ignatz, Felix, Ingrid and Leonie as well it seems. Unless there is a hard limit I expect I'll be able to recruit quite a lot of students by the end.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Any ideas on how to trigger a support conversation while at the monastery? I had the icon for a support conversation pop up earlier, but after I reloaded my save it was gone. When I look at the support menu it says I should try listening when they're ready to speak.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I recruited Bernie, and her supports with the Blue Lions are so good!

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Ferdinand is actually really useful. He has been integral to my team because he is extremely tanky and can take advantage of the Cichol lance relic. He's slow as fuck but as a Great Knight he's still useful.
Yea I needed someone to act as a wall and he fits the bill otherwise I'd have to have Edel and FeMC always on front lines because I have some many magic users or fragile characters.

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
Any ideas on how to trigger a support conversation while at the monastery? I had the icon for a support conversation pop up earlier, but after I reloaded my save it was gone. When I look at the support menu it says I should try listening when they're ready to speak.

I haven't figured out the pattern to get it to pop back up while in explore mode. But if you go to the support menu while your in the screen where you choose what to do on your free day you can do it there.

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Is it ever a good use of time to choose "Seminar"? It seems to give a fairly significant boost and Byleth can be included in some of the lectures... I am on Chapter 6 if that makes a difference.

Anteo

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone everywhere were saying that the beginner classes unlockeable skills are worthless. But here I am reading that they are the repositioning skills, Swap, Reposition, Shove, Drawback. those are super useful! What the fuck! I could even go more agresive and reposition people out of danger much more easily with these

Seriously, what the fuck!

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many pages the artbook has?
Not sure off the top of my head. Less than 100. It's got a really nice hardcover binding though and the paper is high quality.
Yea I needed someone to act as a wall and he fits the bill otherwise I'd have to have Edel and FeMC always on front lines because I have some many magic users or fragile characters.
Yeah he's good for that. I wouldn't have been able to kill the Death Knight in the later encounters with him without Ferdinand, that's for sure. He's one of my few units who could lay heavy damage on him and survive his counter attacks.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't figured out the pattern to get it to pop back up while in explore mode. But if you go to the support menu while your in the screen where you choose what to do on your free day you can do it there.

Ooh, that's good to know. Thank you. I was hoping it might pop up in the dead space between free days and lectures but it didn't, so I started reloading my save at the monastery. A little confusing.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone everywhere were saying that the beginner classes unlockeable skills are worthless. But here I am reading that they are the repositioning skills, Swap, Reposition, Shove, Drawback. those are super useful! What the fuck! I could even go more agresive and reposition people out of danger much more easily with these

Seriously, what the fuck!
I think people are talking about the stuff like +5 HP, not Shove, Swap, Reposition, etc. Cause yeah those skills are useful in a pinch. Eventually most of your units will have Canto and those skills become less useful.

AtmaPhoenix

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
I'm about to go into Chapter 7's battle and most of my main units are between lvl 15-18. My Blue Lion main crew of 10 is:

Byleth: Mercenary
Dimitri: Lord (maxed out Cavalier already)
Sylvain: Mage (maxed out Cavalier already)
Felix: Thief
Ashe: Archer
Dedue: Armored Knight (beats the shit out of everything with his fists though)
Mercedes: Priest
Annette: Mage
Ingrid: Pegasus Knight
Dorothea: Mage

I have Sylvain picking up a few levels in Mage until he hits 20 as I'm prepping him for eventual Dark Knight status. I want to get Felix to Mortal Savant since I got his budding talent. Ashe has a lance but I rarely use his talent. I'm almost to unlocking Mercedes' bow talent but she's such a good priest/mage I doubt I'll ever switch her to a bow class. I feel like my crew is kind of magic heavy, but they all kick ass so who am I to complain?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
My Ferdinand is a Paladin and is tanking pretty well for where I am in the game. He doesn't slaughter his way through enemies like Byleth or Edelgard, but he can take hits and soften up enemies pretty easily.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
As far as I know, you lose everything but renown, statue levels and vendors+battalions
you have to buy ranks back with reknown

Oh. I retain my unspent renown, but my spent renown stays stuck on the statues? So If I'm interested in buying back my professor ranks I should stop spending on the statues right now and start saving up renown instead? Does anyone know offhand how much renown it costs to get back to A+ professor?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My Ferdinand is a Paladin and is tanking pretty well for where I am in the game. He doesn't slaughter his way through enemies like Byleth or Edelgard, but he can take hits and soften up enemies pretty easily.
Yeah, he's not an offensive powerhouse but he's a good defensive wall. Mine also has surprisingly good Mag so he does well with stuff like the Bolt Axe or Levin Sword

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
God, I'll miss having the absolute TANK of a unit that Dedue is once I start playing other houses. He hits like a truck, and tanks Beast hits for... 3 DMG or some ridiculously small amount.

He's also a great dude. (Haven't reached time-skip yet, I hope this stays this way.)

PS: The unique class costume for Byleth is absolutely hideous, is the male version better?

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Fortress Knight Dedue with movement buffs and a Lure gambit is the best way to fight beasts. He stuns and drags them closer to my rearguard equipped with silver weapons and Hero Relics, while Dedue himself can withstand any damage from supporting enemies.

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
How's everyone feeling about the difficulty? I just finished Chapter 5 on Hard/Classic and I think it's pretty easy. Granted, I'm a 3DS series veteran so I know a lot about how to play FE already, but yeah... I'm having a pretty breezy time so far. I think its thanks to the Rewinds here that makes this so unpunishing. Which is NOT something to complain about. I guess I wish that this game was harder so I would actually have to use the Rewinds more.

Anyways, yup after playing Conquest 3DS, this game is nice to you.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
c3qgoykhkgd31.png

Oooh thanks.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
How's everyone feeling about the difficulty? I just finished Chapter 5 on Hard/Classic and I think it's pretty easy. Granted, I'm a 3DS series veteran so I know a lot about how to play FE already, but yeah... I'm having a pretty breezy time so far. I think its thanks to the Rewinds here that makes this so unpunishing. Which is NOT something to complain about. I guess I wish that this game was harder so I would actually have to use the Rewinds more.

Some story maps are weirdly simple. I just beat Chapter 10 and found it almost bafflingly short and simple. The paralogues mix things up a little more, but in general, on Hard, this game is pretty easy if you're a veteran.

Oct 28, 2017
Naive question - how long is the game? I assume I am still super early as I am about to do the first "real" barbarian fight after teaching my first class.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn

I'm at Chapter 9, and Hard/Classic feels easier than normal mode on PoR/RD (and much easier than the SNES and GBA games). I can't remember the difficulty in the 3DS games well enough to compare.

I think two major contributors to the reduced difficulty are (a) the maps are large, so you're rarely "under siege" from enemies and shuffling to protect vulnerable units; and (b) you get access to the physic spell, which restores for every battle, *super* early. So you can be very loose with positioning.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Some story maps are weirdly simple. I just beat Chapter 10 and found it almost bafflingly short and simple. The paralogues mix things up a little more, but in general, on Hard, this game is pretty easy if you're a veteran.
Yup I can't tell if this game is "easy" or

1. The game is as Hard as always, but the rewind system makes it un-punishing
2. I am "good" at Fire Emblem

3. The biggest/most helpful game changer is when you move a unit being able to see the target lines of who will attack you when you move to a tile. That really helps the "oops, I stepped into range but didn't know they weren't going to attack me here" mistakes that is probably the reason for more FE deaths.

Puggles

Sometimes, it's not a fart
Nov 3, 2017
I really wish I did hard. I'm on chapter 6 and I'm pretty sure I could do every battle mission with just the main character. He takes no damage and insta kills everything.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Early on in black eagles- is there a good list of what to focus on for group tasks and instruction to get the most out of them? Group tasks especially.

My first group task, the best option was clearly having Hubert and Bernadette pull weeds together because it was the only combo that both featured a character that had an interest in the task, AND bestowed 3-star support increase. But it's also a task that increases heavy armor, and Hubert is a caster while Bernie is an archer. So... was that a bad choice?

I'm also confused about motivation. Do I want to stop instructing students before they hit the bored blue face?
bernadetta and ferdinand.

he needz heavy armor and their supports are great

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The auxiliary battles are often more difficult than the main chapters because of how the level scaling works.

Dary

Oct 27, 2017
The English Wilderness
I think two major contributors to the reduced difficulty are (a) the maps are large, so you're rarely "under siege" from enemies and shuffling to protect vulnerable units; and (b) you get access to the physic spell, which restores for every battle, *super* early. So you can be very loose with positioning.
The lack of weapon-triangle is also a big thing. 13 chapters in and there's also been a distinct lack of enemies with advanced weapon types, while only bosses seem to have any major skills.

The ability for riders to dismount is also rather OP.

Deleted member 18400

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh. I retain my unspent renown, but my spent renown stays stuck on the statues? So If I'm interested in buying back my professor ranks I should stop spending on the statues right now and start saving up renown instead? Does anyone know offhand how much renown it costs to get back to A+ professor?

From what it sounds like it cost 500 renown each rank, so 4500 to get to A+.

There are still a lot of mixed reports about what carries over in NG+. Some sites make it sound like your prof level does carry over and then you can buy additional Prof Levels if you want to get up to max faster.....others make it sound like you have to buy them all. Someone really needs to do a detailed write up about NG+ soon.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's something really amusing about making the Empress pick up rubble around the church lol

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Ashe sounds too much like Henry from Awakening, so I can never take him seriously even though he seems pretty sincere and wholesome.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
How do I actually use renown? Is it ng+ only or do I eventually unlock the option to spend it during the game?

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
You eventually get a quest about the statues in the monastery, the options there use renown.

I want to say it was chapter 5 or 6.
Man I accidentally ran into what feels like a massive spoiler. Trying not to let it affect my enjoyment too much.

There are statues in the monastery you can upgrade with renown that give some pretty great bonuses

So that's what that room is for, glad to know will look forward to it.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Quick question...is there any way to tell the attack pattern/range/effects of a Battalion attack while in battle? Can't see anything obvious.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
What are people's thoughts on good secondary/tertiary skills to learn? The heavy armor passives seem pretty useful.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
The boss in chapter 5 was freakin hard. I don't think I would have been able to beat this on classic lol. I lost like 5 units. The difficulty spike was insane.

I'm at chapter 6 now and I haven't had a single recruit yet. Is this bad? I just can't seem to recruit anyone. The only people I've had supports with outside of my own house is Flayn and one other.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I-I love Ferdinand now?! His A supports are super sweet. His heart is on the right place, even if he still has to learn much more about the world. I absolutely hated him when I started.

good f'ing game

Status
Not open for further replies.