Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

Reading now, TY.

Yes there's NG+ where you can spend a currency called renown to purchase your professor levels, weapon proficiencies, support levels and some bonus items to give buffs to people for subsequent runs
I think so. but
Black Eagle route structure spoiler
There is a splinter in the Black Eagles story (the game will clearly tell you THIS IS A BIG DEAL CHOICE). You'll want to make an extra save for those two back-to-back choices unless you wanna play black eagles twice

OK, I'll probably try to play through all three to experience all three stories then (well, 4 I guess).

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
c3qgoykhkgd31.png
Do you get items from amiibos every month or every time you tap it?

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've found the voice acting really good, i'm playing with english audio.

In other news, i realized leveling Byleth's skills is way more difficult than the students'

I'm trying to become swordmaster and even though i've only used swords i'm still not A, and i'm on chapter 10. I'm not wasting seals with a 30% chance of passing.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I've found the voice acting really good, i'm playing with english audio.

In other news, i realized leveling Byleth's skills is way more difficult than the students'

I'm trying to become swordmaster and even though i've only used swords i'm still not A, and i'm on chapter 10. I'm not wasting seals with a 30% chance of passing.

Slight exaggeration ... but half of the other teachers and members of the Knights of Seiros can tutor your Byleth's Sword-skill. ^^

Mr.Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing on Normal/Classic and at some point I did some grinding and now my students are dramatically over-leveled. It's really trivialized the combat and turned it into a chore. I could just keep going and than do a Hard NG+, but it wouldn't be as Hard as a fresh new game and I'm only on chapter 7.

I'm thinking I should start over with a different house and then come back to the Black Eagles on NG+ Lunatic. (I'm assuming you can up the difficulty level for NG+). It's just a shame since I've already put so much time into this run.

Please tell me what I want to hear like this is an advice box.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Master classes, with maybe the exception of fliers are more side paths than straight upgrades. Mortal Savant gives magic but punishes your speed growth and her default class has Astra so it's perfectly viable to keep her there.
Thanks for the explanation. I put Felix on Mortal Savant. Questionable?

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
OK, I'm def. going the NOOB route:

Summary: Blue Lion's gameplay starts slow, as the house's characters are a bit clean cut. Give them time and allow circumstances to create a little bit of tragedy, and suddenly, they get a lot more dynamic. Narratively, things are straightforward, but there's an appeal to playing as the (mostly) good guys. If you're new to Fire Emblem, Blue Lion is a fair choice for story and starting units...."

Sold

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like characters like Ferdinand, arrogant to a point, but can back it up somewhat and not overly selfish.

If more characters like Ferdinand would result in more support convos like the one with Edelgard, where she mocks him by imitating him talking, then i say we need more characters like Ferdinand. ^^

Nearly woke the Mrs. because i had to laugh to hard at that scene. ^^

eggs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing Golden Deer and just got past the timeskip woohoo, this game is long as hell tho I'm 30 hours in and only halfway through! Unless things speed up post skip..

Also even in my GD playthrough with all of Claude's charms I keep looking longingly in Edelgard and the Black Eagles direction lmfao

hipsterpants

Oct 25, 2017
The differences between the different story routes seem to be pretty insane, they're completely different experiences in how you understand the characters and your outlook on the world. The madmen really went out and made a 40+ hour game that encourages multiple playthroughs.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, I had him as an Assasin but I was under the impression that these were straight upgrades.

Some are, like Pegaus Knight to Falcon Knight, for example. Some aren't, like the Mortal Savant.

The "regular" master class for Swordmaster, going by PoR/RD and Echoes would either be Dread Fighter or Trueblade. Not Mortal Savant.
Likewise, the "regular" master class for the fortress knight would be Marshall or Baron, not Great Knight.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Why do enemy archers have such high range? Is it just a cheap way of increasing the diffculty?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is the Seasons of Warfare a good CE? I'm considering getting it

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Beside gatekeeper guy my other favorite no-named person is the Eastern merchant for his super over-the-top voice in the JP dub, he get's me every time I go over to buy something

mata
dan
zan

Harp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Early on in black eagles- is there a good list of what to focus on for group tasks and instruction to get the most out of them? Group tasks especially.

My first group task, the best option was clearly having Hubert and Bernadette pull weeds together because it was the only combo that both featured a character that had an interest in the task, AND bestowed 3-star support increase. But it's also a task that increases heavy armor, and Hubert is a caster while Bernie is an archer. So... was that a bad choice?

I'm also confused about motivation. Do I want to stop instructing students before they hit the bored blue face?

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Early on in black eagles- is there a good list of what to focus on for group tasks and instruction to get the most out of them? Group tasks especially.

My first group task, the best option was clearly having Hubert and Bernadette pull weeds together because it was the only combo that both featured a character that had an interest in the task, AND bestowed 3-star support increase. But it's also a task that increases heavy armor, and Hubert is a caster while Bernie is an archer. So... was that a bad choice?
Focus on whatever you want to make your characters. Yeah, that combo probably isn't the best for pulling weeds, but there is plenty of time. Spending some of it just for support growth isn't awful. I went with Stables with Ferdinand and Bernie because I want them both to be riders in the future, but maybe you don't want the same.

I'm also confused about motivation. Do I want to stop instructing students before they hit the bored blue face?
Spend it all. Try not to instruct students without full motivation, as it's slightly inefficient. You can fill motivation from 0-100% by giving them a meal they enjoy (double blue arrow?) in the dining hall.

you have to buy ranks back with reknown
Uh... should I stop spending it on statues? I want to be able to be at 100% professor level in NG+.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California

I use group tasks more for supports than the weapon experience. Dunno how effective it is though, but weapon experience is so easy to train that I'm not worried about it. It might be useful to get some people into riding or flying since most of the master classes require that.

Don't stop instructing them until they force you to stop. Eating with them refills motivation back to full.

NZerker12

Oct 25, 2017
Byleth as a Swordmaster is a crit machine, even more funny when she goes for the crit on the second attack for that satisfying overkill. Hubert also wrecks everything as a Dark Mage.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

For group tasks, I just use highest star rating. For instruction, focus in what you want to make them. I want Bernadetta to be a bow Knight, so I out her focus as bow and riding. Ideally, you want a Max motivation gauge and instruct until they have a neutral face.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
Is there a list of missable supports somewhere that isn't too spoilery? I'm getting to B with most characters but I'd hate to discover I got locked out of certain supports if I don't get them before the time skip.

(Edit: Missable, not miserable hahaha).

Last edited:

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I've been shitting on Ferdinand this entire game and not using him much but he's leveled via adjunct partnering.

I made him a Paladin on a whim post time skip because all he's ever studied is lances and horses and be damn if he isn't suddenly a valuable unit to me.

Hubert has also grown on me. His stock anime evil villain look is part of his charm and he's not actually that bad of a guy when you see his supports with other people.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been shitting on Ferdinand this entire game and not using him much but he's leveled via adjunct partnering.

I made him a Paladin on a whim post time skip because all he's ever studied is lances and horses and be damn if he isn't suddenly a valuable unit to me.
Ferdinand is actually really useful. He has been integral to my team because he is extremely tanky and can take advantage of the Cichol lance relic. He's slow as fuck but as a Great Knight he's still useful.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Byleth as a Swordmaster is a crit machine, even more funny when she goes for the crit on the second attack for that satisfying overkill. Hubert also wrecks everything as a Dark Mage.
Is this the preferred final class for Byleth? My stats for my Byleth best fit swordmaster, but I know that's not a masterclass so I'm hesitant about committing to that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.