Status
Not open for further replies.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
What a divisive Feh channel this was. I was worried they'd finally introduce 6-star heroes, but got this pricey monthly subscription instead.

Pay $$$ to get an additional 10 BST (and also improve Cordelia's artwork)

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Hero Fest and free tickets are good.
4* focus on new banners is good.
Divine codes unlocking combat manuals (not actual heroes mind you) are good for accessing premium skills.

Feh Pass: Let's take the most common complaints and paywall them.
  • Fix the artwork of early heroes, check. (I knew the second alt was going to be Cordelia.)
  • Negligible stat boost to make Gen 1 heroes relevant again, check.
  • Auto repeat, check.
  • Undo button for those Abyssal LHBs where you die on the 7th turn, check.
  • Exclusive quests are fine.
  • Increased summoner support, eh.
Surprised they didn't put unit search behind the paywall.

No pool changes so enjoy more Raighs over the next year.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
That pass is super dumb and ruined a great FeH channel, on a positive note, I wanted Silque the most from the new units so I'm very happy that she's the free unit.

Vade-

Oct 26, 2017
Paywalling quality of life fixes and features? Basically BST uping for cash? Being insanely expensive compared to other sub services? What in the fuck is IS thinking or were they just not? This is worse than the Arya bullshit.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Another 20 orbs at an 11% pity rate gave me another Loki. At the very least: dat SPD bane be gone!

And weekly banner have me my first Eldigan, in the year 2020 lol! RES+/HP-. Another eh but I'll live with it.

And free seasonal unit was W!Nino! ATK+/HP-. Another perfect IV combo!

And since we are back to the daily BHB banners:

Day 1: 4* Gwendolyn

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
I was absolutely floored when the price for the Feh Pass popped up in the video, but for the opposite reason that most people reacted to it. I kid you not — and I'm being totally serious here but go ahead and laugh at me anyways — I was expecting $50/month, full stop. They literally just offered special New Year's bundles with one guaranteed character for $75 each a few weeks ago. Now most of that cost was due to the amount of orbs that came included, but still, IS has shown that they won't shy away from exorbitant prices to cater to whales, and I thought that was the direction they were heading in while watching the Hero Pass segment.

As a launch player whose interest in FEH has been waning for quite some time and hasn't spent anything on the game in nearly two years, this Pass is extremely enticing to me. $10 for two 5-star alts of popular heroes plus other goodies? Sign me up.

The outrage for the gated QoL adjustments is completely justified though and is undoubtedly one of the worst decisions IS has made yet. I'll be looking forward to taking advantage of their convenience as a subscriber, but I can't deny I won't feel just a little bit dirty while doing it...

Last edited:

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
Something else I just noticed with the Feh Pass is that it looks like the quests will offer 10 orbs (5 orbs x2/month) which is a $6 value by itself. So going by that metric you're only paying an extra $4 for the two 5-star heroes plus extras.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
And no valuable skills, don't forget about it.

But seriously, don't know how to feel about Feh pass, the costumes with bonus stats are the only thing worth it, the rest feels like stuff that should have been updated for the new version, guess I'm safe until a character I really, really like gets to the pass, sorry Lyn, you weren't enough, although I wonder if now we'll have to check in arena or whatever PvP mode to see which version of that particular character we're facing.
Costumes with stats locked behind a subscription fee?

hoo boy

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
If the pass wouldn't have basic gameplay functions behind it it would be fine. Heck, put a second free banner summon on top of it, I don't care.

But auto repeat? Repeat a turn? Forget it, I will never pay for something like this as long as it has basic gameplay functions.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Went for colourless on the seasonal freebie in the hopes of Genny, Fjorm or Marth and ended up with Dancer Nephenee which I guess I'm ok with.
Cordelia and Lyn get an "alt" before Seliph, screw this game
Well, Lyn and Cordelia have had actual alts for a long time now so it's not like this is anything new.

alcheim

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
They could've done more to make that subscription fee easier to swallow. Instead of the QoL improvements behind a paywall, they should've just had filtered out old gen 3-4 star units from the summoning pool.

Like seriously, I'm so tired of seeing azama, oboro, subaki, hana and arthur. I've never played Fire Emblem Fates, but I'm sure that I HATE that game based on the fodder I'm getting from that accursed game. I'd pay a subscription fee just to have the option to exclude them from my summoning sessions.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone
cscA0xs.jpg

I had fully intended to get the 900 additional feathers to make it truly perfect but I accidentally promoted Chrom and collected the login bonus feathers before I got the chance... 😖

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I think March is a good time to quit, after all the anniversary events.

Tempted to just spend 270 orbs on the Hero Fest banners (full pulls of every ticket plus free summon), laugh at the garbage from those 90 units, and then stop playing.

Hoagmaster

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't pulled the 5* unit yet, but I'm leaning green after considering the options. EDIT: Pulled Valentine's Mist, +HP, -Spd. Eh, I'll take it.

As for the Brave banner rerun, I took the free pull and four orbs, walked away with a +Spd, -HP B!Camilla. I was quite pleased. Not entirely sure if I'll try and chase one of the two I don't have (B!Eliwood and B!Micaiah) or go for duplicates of the two I do have for merges.

Meanwhile on the daily banner:

Day 1: 4^ Lachesis (Neutral)

Last edited:

Jims

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Wanted H!Hector, got -Atk/-HP V!Ike. Really bad nature but excellent skills. Will probably fodder him off.

StAidan

Oct 25, 2017
I had low expectations for the anniversary event, so I guess I'm fine with everything. My free seasonal was crap (Spring Veronica), but whatever. I got a free Brave Micaiah from the hero fest banner.

Feh Pass seems like a pretty good deal. I always buy the monthly orb deal so subscribing to this for free units (with waaay improved art so far) is basically a no-brainer. The other perks are nice, but the only one I'm really impressed with is triple summoner support. The other stuff could easily have been new F2P features.

The Divine Codes are going to end up being super important, honestly even better than I expected since you'll be able to use them for premium fodder, not just basic Book 1 heroes like I was thinking originally.

Deleted member 46429

Self-requested ban
Banned
Aug 4, 2018
Got S!Lilina. I don't have any dagger units built, so I'll probably keep her around and hope next genealogy banner adds Dew or something. Sothe don't last long in my barracks, Kagero avoids me, and if I'm gonna build someone else I might as well just build Matthew.

Also a Ranulf out if nowhere. I'll probably feed his assist to someone in the hear future, ngl. Might try to pick up chill atk too, but iirc rally atk/def I'd grail locked.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I would love if they introduce third armies in FEH and one of the maps that use that is the paralogue with Edelgard and Dimitri

Mr. Virus

Oct 27, 2017
Got HS!Ryoma as my freebie.

Yaaayyy....

The P2W pass is putting me off quite a bit. Things like auto repeats that should be a standard QoL thing being paywalled is pretty gross.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
I guess it's all about waiting and seeing just how things work out. It's clear this subscription pass model has been very successful with Nintendo.

Just wish they would consider allowing us to access the new upgraded units outside the pass. As of now, we have no idea if we'll keep them after the subscription expires. Here's hoping there is some free trial to test the waters.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta get out of weekend earlier for the Feh-Channel stuff.

The pass is ... eh. I played the game for 3 years now without Auto-Start and the turn re-do, so i don't need that stuff. I'd argue the turn re-do removes all difficulty from MHB/LHB and despite having raged about some of them, i don't see how that is desirable.
The BST upgrade for those costumed heroes is nice, but ultimately they can do great without at +10. For older gen 5* exclusive units those costumes are less useful.
I think the quests are the most useful thing, as they're brain-dead easy from the looks of it and give out some good chunk of premium stuff and orbs.

BUT ... not for nearly €12 a month. Maybe i'd try it for 5 bucks max. but not nearly 12. It's just too expensive. And it's also not that they have *too* much of a cost for the new hero art and voice lines.

Btw. what happens with those costumed heroes once your sub runs out? Shit outta luck? Or can you still use them after sub runs out once you got them?

Honestly, i'd pay up to 30 orbs or a few bucks for some heroes i'd think are useful for the BST boost standalone, hope they make them buyable down the line without sub.

The MS codes are pretty useful after all. With Bunnymilla being teased as one of the heroes available i don't have to try for her re-run in march! Good stuff.
Having one focus hero in the 4* pool is super good too, effectively a double chance boost.

Anniversay, orbs and a shitload of pulls and one free hero today and one coming up from the VG. Fine with me, pulled red, got a spare Lilictor!

Valentines units are ... well ... nothing too special. Valenines is the holiday for dead dads coming back it seems? First Greil, now Rudolph. Guess i might try for the Duo-Hero again.

LYSITHEA TEASE. I said that February's new heroes banner will be Three Houses, guess that will come true! Hope that Dedue is in this, should've been in the retainers banner with Hilda and Hubert to begin with.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
I think March is a good time to quit, after all the anniversary events.

Tempted to just spend 270 orbs on the Hero Fest banners (full pulls of every ticket plus free summon), laugh at the garbage from those 90 units, and then stop playing.
I feel similar. A good amount of free pulls on Feb and saving orbs for a last hurrah on something seems like a fun idea. Then use the Divine Codes to make some final builds and stop.

Sparkedglory2

Nov 3, 2017
That feh channel was great until they feh pass bs. So damn disappointing. Personally I'll keep playing because I enjoy the game, but I won't blame anybody for leaving after that.

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
Just wish they would consider allowing us to access the new upgraded units outside the pass. As of now, we have no idea if we'll keep them after the subscription expires. Here's hoping there is some free trial to test the waters.

They probably will. There was a note at the bottom of the screen showing Lyn's and Cordelia's release date saying that they plan to allow people to purchase past Resplendant Heroes they've missed (as longs as they are also subscribed).

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the CYL lists
The new top 10 not yet in the game
  1. Lysithea (5)
  2. Bernadetta (6)
  3. Plumeria (9)
  4. Dorothea (12)
  5. Marianne (13)
  6. Felix (14)
  7. Anna (Awakening) (15)
  8. Ashe (19)
  9. Sylvain (20)
  10. Jill (24)
Now excluding Three Houses, Book 4 and characters that have existing counterparts
  1. Jill
  2. Jorge (27)
  3. Selena (Sacred Stones) (42)
  4. Shinon (71)
  5. Nils (78)
  6. Rinkah (81)
  7. Maiko (83)
  8. Touma and Cain (94)
  9. Mila (95)
  10. Kris (male) (98)
For characters who lack alts but are older than a year
  1. Seliph (11)
  2. Sigurd (29)
  3. Soleil (39)
  4. Lute (56)
  5. Severa (67)
  6. Joshua (72)
  7. Ayra (80)
  8. Lyon (87) *unless you count his duo unit with Ephraim
  9. Charlotte (97)
  10. Tibarn (99)

Nama

A Big Deal
Nov 2, 2017
Did they show any new art of Eliwood?
No new Eli's. There is decent chance he would be one the eariler Feh Pass alt arts added since people been complaining about his art since day one and is popular. Flip side is that hes already pretty strong as is and hes one of the Gen1 characters that needs the +2 all stats the least.

jnWake

Oct 25, 2017
Considering they're doing 2 heroes a month, holding hope for heroes like Seth and Rebecca is being way too hopeful.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Huh okay looking at the A Hero Rises website, I guess the new Valentines units will miss out on this. Which means no possibilities of a free ValentAlm.

Still my expectation is half the VG being all the Duo Units released so far.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Is the Hero Rises Winner gonna have a xenologue like Ike, or are they limited?

Should be the case. Either way, we will all be gifted the unit mid-March.

And I guess this wasn't pointed out, but in the VG that is to follow the online vote, which will determine the free unit we are getting:

"You will not get a voting boost if your leader is the same character as the Hero whose army you joined."

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Picnic Genny was my free seasonal 5*, and also got a free 5* Clair from the weekly revival, and my second Brave Camilla from the first login ticket.
Still can't nab me a Tsubasa or a Lif though.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Also, man if only we had A Hero Rises instead of that shitty Find and Vote event that we got last year. I imagined L!Azura would have been the free unit we got.

I mean I still believe she will be in the VG, but the fact we got Peony since then, I'm not so sure. Sure she doesn't provide extra movement, but that warp powder effect is just as good!

Status
Not open for further replies.