• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
After mulling it over in my head, I'm pretty confident saying FFXII is a top 3 mainline FF for me all time...

Tier 1

FF6
FF9
FF12

Tier 2

FF5
FF4
FF7

Tier 3

FF3
FF13
FF

Tier 4

FF15
FF10*
FF8
FF2

*FF10 has the distinction of being a game I hated playing so much, I actually got a migraine... and that was the only time in my life I've ever had one.... but it's still objectively better than 8 and 2.

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
After mulling it over in my head, I'm pretty confident saying FFXII is a top 3 mainline FF for me all time...

Tier 1

FF6
FF9
FF12

Tier 2

FF5
FF4
FF7

Tier 3

FF3
FF13
FF

Tier 4

FF15
FF10*
FF8
FF2

*FF10 has the distinction of being a game I hated playing so much, I actually got a migraine... and that was the only time in my life I've ever had one.... but it's still objectively better than 8 and 2.
Solid ranking. Mine would look more like this:

Tier 1

FF6
FF7

Tier 2

FF9
FF10
FF12

Tier 3

FF4
FF5
FF8

Tier 4

The rest

Tier 99

FF13

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I played it again recently, and as someone who really likes FF4 to 10, I stand by my original feelings on the game: it's a game that didn't really feel like Final Fantasy to me, I enjoy it but don't love it and it feels like a great game for a different kind of player. Matsuno's stuff never really clicked. I'm one of the weird people that prefer Tactics Advance to Tactics.

It still feels like a much more complete game than 15 and it's actually decent after the mind numbing 13 trilogy.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zodiac Age yes, absolutely. I platinumed it and enjoyed it a lot. In fact, I can't recommend it enough. It's one of the best RPGs on PS4 and PC.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
The only Final Fantasy I really responded to, but I didn't get too far in the PS2 original. Can't wait for the Switch release.

ULTROS!

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol no kidding, this is the truth

Like I can somewhat understand if someone doesn't end up liking FF12 or the combat system.

But anyone who says the game is worse than FF13 is completely batshit krazy

Tbh, I like XIII more than XII. Maybe it's because I liked XIII's presentation, look, battle system, and music much more than XII's, but YMMV.

Although to be honest, initially I edged out TZA over XIII but after replaying FFXIII, they're probably on par for me, with XIII having a very very slight edge.

Jan 11, 2018

Tier 1

FF6
FF9
FF12

Tier 2

FF5
FF4
FF7

Tier 3

FF3
FF13
FF

Tier 4

FF15
FF10*
FF8
FF2

Can't say we agree on much except that FFXII is awesome.

My top 15 numbered entries:
  1. Final Fantasy VII
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Final Fantasy XII
  4. Final Fantasy XIV
  5. Final Fantasy VIII
  6. Final Fantasy IV
  7. Final Fantasy VI
  8. Final Fantasy XV
  9. Final Fantasy XIII-2
  10. Final Fantasy XIII
  11. Final Fantasy V