Oct 25, 2017
THE FUCKING GLOW UPS MY GOD

squall2.png

rinoa.png

quistis.png

selphie.png

zell.png

irvine.png

Rinoa looks a little weird here. Everyone else looks fantastic though!

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Since all FF8 fans have amazing taste, I want to share, in case you missed, that Square is remaking (properly, unlike secret of mana) Seiken Densetsu 3 and it looks so good.

I'm crying.

42dd44aa31c1caaf87fa73a3c972cc1d.jpg

D8y90AMXUAE1zUs.jpg

Square holds us by the balls.

Like all they need to do next year is announce Chrono Trigger : reload and we're basically eternal slaves.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Man this is all they had to do for FF7 for me.

This looks amazing. I'm totally in. I've been waiting to replay FF8 for a remake / remaster the past 5 years and can finally release my urge.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this is the kind of thing they release really soon.

Who'd have thunk an FF8 port would be one of the top few announcements of E3.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
About the only thing I can say that disappoints me about this is that it didn't say, "Out Tonight" at the end of the trailer. At least it's coming sometime in the next 6 months though.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I remember spending like 5 hours modding Steam FF8.

And then what finally broke me was the total lack of Analog support.

And I just uninstalled.

lmao

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
YO WHAT THE FUCK ?

Somebody already modded the backgrounds for FF8 ??

Lmao that means Steam version of the remaster is gonna be flawless by Week 1.

1-1548532761-1166424842.png

I will literally manually improve the backgrounds that look bad if there are any. We will make this epic.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
YO WHAT THE FUCK ?

I will literally manually improve the backgrounds that look bad if there are any. We will make this epic.

VII also has a mod with the AI redone backgrounds, its impressive and square could actually re-do so many games effortlessly using the tech

Oct 27, 2017
Since all FF8 fans have amazing taste, I want to share, in case you missed, that Square is remaking (properly, unlike secret of mana) Seiken Densetsu 3 and it looks so good.

I'm crying.

D8y90AMXUAE1zUs.jpg

Like all they need to do next year is announce Chrono Trigger : reload and we're basically eternal slaves.
Oh, wow, that looks way better than I would have imagined a SD3 remake to be.

OP
OP
Wazzy

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
YO WHAT THE FUCK ?

The real modding challenge will be Squalls model.

MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE THE PS2 DEMO.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Weren't DotEmu the ones behind the FFVII port?

Hopefully this won't have the music bug that strangely seems to plague every other game done by every other developer.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
This was my first ever FF and even though I've almost finished them all, this still holds a special place in my heart.
Glad to see it getting the attention it deserves.

Look! The Pie!

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The forgotten middle child finally getting some attention!? So, so happy I'll be able to play FFVIII on current gen.

Oct 27, 2017

I'm crying.

D8y90AMXUAE1zUs.jpg

Yeah, this looks great. And yeah, I have to believe that a Chrono Trigger remake is coming within the next couple of years.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not going to lie, I watched the video and was waiting for the transition to the "new" stuff. When that didn't happen, I realized I was watching it the whole time.

It's not what I was hoping it would be... but it's something I guess

Deleted member 13155

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll admit it, this is my second favourite FF behind XII. But please, no fucking music bug this time.

2019? Come one, do it, 9th of September.

ultra7k

Oct 27, 2017
Hahah, he's obviously joking.

There's that (false?) rumor about Eyes on Me being removed for copyright reasons. But i thought it was composed specifically for the game? There are bits of the instrumental version all over the game, FFS.

lol fell for that hook, line, and sinker.

Hope it introduces new generations to Eyes on Me at the very least! I have a soft spot for the song.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Weren't DotEmu the ones behind the FFVII port?

Hopefully this won't have the music bug that strangely seems to plague every other game done by every other developer.

I'm pretty sure they fixed the bug in VII, didn't they? It was really recent.

YO WHAT THE FUCK ?

UGH I WISH. I wish, I wish, I wish. It's not the same team, but IX's backgrounds weren't changed at all iirc. Part of it was because they didn't seem to have the artwork for every location (just using the PS1 backgrounds instead), but... :/ I'd love a way to get backgrounds like this on my Switch instead of having to mod on PC.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they fixed the bug in VII, didn't they? It was really recent.

UGH I WISH. I wish, I wish, I wish. It's not the same team, but IX's backgrounds weren't changed at all iirc. Part of it was because they didn't seem to have the artwork for every location (just using the PS1 backgrounds instead), but... :/ I'd love a way to get backgrounds like this on my Switch instead of having to mod on PC.

Sadly on Switch you just want to play on handled mode.

For the definitive "HD" version you will want the PC version.

BUT, keep in mind that you can use some sort of wireless connection to your PC from your tablet to play the Pc version wherever you want if you have internet.

I do that with Parsec ! Works great.

And maybe some of the cloud stuff will let you play your PC on switch too in the near future !

8 is a slow game so cloud based solutions will be just fine for it.

BrandoBoySP

Oct 27, 2017
Sadly on Switch you just want to play on handled mode.

For the definitive "HD" version you will want the PC version.

BUT, keep in mind that you can use some sort of wireless connection to your PC from your tablet to play the Pc version wherever you want if you have internet.

I do that with Parsec ! Works great.

And maybe some of the cloud stuff will let you play your PC on switch too in the near future !

8 is a slow game so cloud based solutions will be just fine for it.

Yeah, I get that. I'm ok with compromising without mods for the most part just to have it handheld, but it's the background uprezzing that I really wish I could do. Maybe someday, haha

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Childhood me is squeeing but woof this looks rough. Character models look weird, framerate in battles is still 15 FPS, compressed unremastered FMVs, etc.

I hope they make tweaks to the localization if not revamp it entirely.