What should happen to Aerith in the FFVIIR saga?

• She should die, it's her destiny

Votes: 395 57.7%
  • She should live, fuck destiny

Votes: 289 42.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah getting really worried. So much leaking but absolutely nothing that could point towards a bigger explorable Midgar.

Really just looking like a super linear cinematic FF7 Midgar with story changes and some new additions.
This game will be more like FFX than any other FF, that's my bet.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
This game will be more like FFX than any other FF, that's my bet.
Speaking of FFX, forget Genesis. Imagine walking into Shinra HQ and seeing a statue of this with "Our Founder" inscribed on it:
aThIq0r.jpg

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Now I understand why I got that pm from the dude who asked to close his account. Maybe watch out before posting a link. I think Square is really pissed which is understandable.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
$en_FeelerPraeco_MiniGun,Whisper Croceo,a,whispers crocei,whisper croceo
$en_FeelerPraeco_MiniKnackle,Whisper Viridi,a,whispers viridium,whisper viridi
$en_FeelerPraeco_MiniSword,Whisper Rubrum,a,whispers rubrorum,whisper rubrum
$en_FeelerPraeco_Standard,Whisper Harbinger,a,whisper harbingers,whisper harbinger
$menu_EnemyBookText_EB0020_00_FeelerPraeco_Standard,An accretion of Whispers, the so-called guardians of destiny. The creatures appear when someone tries to change destiny's course. They are connected to all the threads of time and space that shape the planet's fate.
$menu_EnemyBookText_SU0005_01_Bahamut_Boss_Feeler,Bahamut, recreated by the Whispers. It was formed by the coming together of three entities: Whisper Rubrum, Whisper Viridi, and Whisper Croceo.

Seems like the ghosts or watchmen of fate bollocks will combine to create megazor-

i mean Bahamut

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Now I understand why I got that pm from the dude who asked to close his account. Maybe watch out before posting a link. I think Square is really pissed which is understandable.

You got a message from the Turks? Guess the available info will be winding down if they're going after people who aren't even the direct leakers now.

$en_FeelerPraeco_Standard,Whisper Harbinger,a,whisper harbingers,whisper harbinger
$menu_EnemyBookText_EB0020_00_FeelerPraeco_Standard,An accretion of Whispers, the so-called guardians of destiny. The creatures appear when someone tries to change destiny's course. They are connected to all the threads of time and space that shape the planet's fate.
$menu_EnemyBookText_SU0005_01_Bahamut_Boss_Feeler,Bahamut, recreated by the Whispers. It was formed by the coming together of three entities: Whisper Rubrum, Whisper Viridi, and Whisper Croceo.

Seems like the ghosts or watchmen of fate bollocks will combine to create megazor-

i mean Bahamut

Sounds like an optional super boss to me

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the original game was linear as all hell until Disc 3, and even then it was only open to sidequests you didn't bother to complete during Disc 2.

linearity isn't a bad thing
Would be fine if we got all that in this game, but we didn't. It's not going to kill this game to flesh out midgar some more with more locales.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017

i mean Bahamut

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Sounds like an optional super boss to me
"How summons came to be is never explained within the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII except for some dummied lines from the original Final Fantasy VII. After obtaining the Bahamut Materia Sephiroth would have explained that during the times of the Ancients there were beings created by the Planet that sealed their life energy in Materia. It is suggested the Red Dragon turns itself into the Bahamut Materia upon defeat.[1] "

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah getting really worried. So much leaking but absolutely nothing that could point towards a bigger explorable Midgar.

Really just looking like a super linear cinematic FF7 Midgar with story changes and some new additions.

I hate to say I told y'all so, but this was exactly what I was expecting - and afraid of.

Damn it, Square. No wonder they're pushing it out so quickly if it's basically just a straight shot through.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
All I know is those watchers gonna feul the debate on Aerith's fate in the remake until it happens

Its gonna be a fun few years

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017

I have no idea where you are getting this from. It's a demo, it's not going to have all the aspects of the game in there. Its basically the tutorial level and since when have they been non linear.

Once the game has gone gold and the full marketing campaign begins we should get a better indication of what to expect.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to say I told y'all so, but this was exactly what I was expecting - and afraid of.

Damn it, Square. No wonder they're pushing it out so quickly if it's basically just a straight shot through.
I can totally see the story end in 30 hours, bubyif adding something like KH's unlockable or Astral Chain's order, it can take more than 100 hours to complete.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck i am already seeing mentions of changes (Hojo straight out telling Cliud he wasnt a SOLDIER) and Compilation stuff that i really did not want to happen...

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
wait, so the Nazgul guys go against Aerith for wanting to change the destiny of Earth, even though Jenova and Seph are the ones literally doing that?

Also, Hojo wanting Aerith to breed with Soldiers, they really going to make this more creepy? (I know it won't happen but still, it sounds more serious in tone). Hojo overall seems way more evil, with the likes of him describing to Aerith everything they have from her mother, not really sure I like it. I guess it's what happens when they have to extend dialogue.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hojo was always an evil creepy motherfucker so that's nice. I just hope they keep the Aeris thing, please, don't fuck it up.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
wait, so the Nazgul guys go against Aerith for wanting to change the destiny of Earth, even though Jenova and Seph are the ones literally doing that?

Also, Hojo wanting Aerith to breed with Soldiers, they really going to make this more creepy? (I know it won't happen but still, it sounds more serious in tone). Hojo overall seems way more evil, with the likes of him describing to Aerith everything they have from her mother, not really sure I like it. I guess it's what happens when they have to extend dialogue.
Watchers of fate is one of those dumb ideas they cut from the original, as much as i love Nomura, he likes to go overboard sometimes. KH is the definition of bloated story wise.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017

i mean Bahamut

I know my standards are low, but I'm so relieved they're not Kadaj, Yazoo, and Loz, lol.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
the original game was linear as all hell until Disc 3, and even then it was only open to sidequests you didn't bother to complete during Disc 2.

linearity isn't a bad thing

Yes the structure is linear but you still have your classic world map you travel around the world etc.

Midgar as its own game should really make you feel that you are in this massive city by actually moving around it more and visiting a lot of places not in the original.

If all it comes down is just a prettier FF7 Midgar with some story changes it defeats the whole purpose of Midgar as its own game imo

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
If all it comes down is just a prettier FF7 Midgar with some story changes it defeats the whole purpose of Midgar as its own game imo
It doesnt imo. They did always say this game was too big and detailed to make in less than ten years, so making a huge, lavish and massively open version of Midgar wouldn't make sense if they need to cut the game up because its already too big and dense

Like they would need to create so many fresh assets if they had to make different sectors and have them stand out as much ad Wall Market stands out. At that point you might as well put more of the original game in and let us see Junon too.

I'd say the next game wont be open world either, it'll have something more like MMO zones

MeteoraVII

Banned
Nov 16, 2019
Not happy with the compilation BS being added in at all.

But it was to be expected I guess. It is Nomura after all...

I'm just glad they got the character interactions and the writing right. So far, this is the best written Square game I've ever seen! Characters actually act and sound like genuine people instead of anime tropes, which is something that FFXV got right as well.

And holy shit the gameplay looks better than I could have ever dreamed of!

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
AFAIR they always said it will be around 30ish hours.

I know, but seeing nothing new here and knowing how long the Midgar part really is...I guess it could be 30 hours for those people just walking around and I don't even think doing lots of side stuff will pad that time. I hope I am wrong though

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
It doesnt imo. They did always say this game was too big and detailed to make in less than ten years, so making a huge, lavish and massively open version of Midgar wouldn't make sense if they need to cut the game up because its already too big and dense

Like they would need to create so many fresh assets if they had to make different sectors and have them stand out as much ad Wall Market stands out. At that point you might as well put more of the original game in and let us see Junon too.

I'd say the next game wont be open world either, it'll have something more like MMO zones

My interpretation was always that their vision for the remake was too ambitious to be developed for one game release. If they had commited to a 1:1 remake of the original in UE4, then I think they could very well have gotten it done in one go. I don't think FF7 in its original form is any bigger than other modern JRPGs.

We have already seen a lot of signs pointing to completely new content meant to flesh out the story and universe. I don't expect Midgard to be "open world", but I do expect considerable amounts of new content. Which is amazing, 'cause I've already played the original FF7 enough. :P

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
My interpretation was always that their vision for the remake was too ambitious to be developed for one game release. If they had commited to a 1:1 remake of the original in UE4, then I think they could very well have gotten it done in one go. I don't think FF7 in its original form is any bigger than other modern JRPGs.

We have already seen a lot of signs pointing to completely new content meant to flesh out the story and universe. I don't expect Midgard to be "open world", but I do expect considerable amounts of new content. Which is amazing, 'cause I've already played the original FF7 enough. :P
Its bigger by virtue of the varied locals you go to. You dont see worlds as rich as older FF titles as much anymore due to just how much work even a small place like Rocket Town might take.

Everything was more handcrafted. Which is why XIII had to kind of shepherd us through a tunnel cause that's all they could manage. XV had like two cities in it.

This is the quote I was thinking about when they announced the episode thing in 2015

Yos hinori's answer is as follows -
"If it were possible that we had all the right facilities and the right environment to be able to make and prepare a Final Fantasy VII remake within a year, we'd very much like a go at it! But even Final Fantasy XIII has taken over three and a half years to create. If we were to recreate Final Fantasy VII with the same level of graphical detail as you see in Final Fantasy XIII, we'd imagine that that would take as much as three or four times longer than the three and a half years it has taken to put this Final Fantasy together! So it's looking pretty unrealistic! But if any such situation came about by any remote chance, then yes, we'd do it!"

This was ten years ago and they were talking about Crystal Tools, so it's probably not as onerous on Unreal. But it's still the same problem, making a world as rich as VII that looks as good as FFXV

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
it's just a reference imo. The plot of those games is part of the series. I dunno if they're going to have genesis at the nibelheim reactor. I hope not.

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
Its bigger by virtue of the varied locals you go to. You dont see worlds as rich as older FF titles as much anymore due to just how much work even a small place like Rocket Town might take.

Everything was more handcrafted. Which is why XIII had to kind of shepherd us through a tunnel cause that's all they could manage. XV had like two cities in it.

This is the quote I was thinking about when they announced the episode thing in 2015

This was ten years ago and they were talking about Crystal Tools, so it's probably not as onerous on Unreal. But it's still the same problem, making a world as rich as VII that looks as good as FFXV

With the exception of the world map I think most of the environments in FF VII have the same linear tunnel design as in XIII. It just sticks out more in a full 3D game like XIII.

I'm no game developer, but it seems feasible to me that they could have done a more straight forward remake in one release.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
With the exception of the world map I think most of the environments in FF VII have the same linear tunnel design as in XIII. It just sticks out more in a full 3D game like XIII.

I'm no game developer, but it seems feasible to me that they could have done a more straight forward remake in one release.
Somewhat. You could funnel people through a lot of Midgar, and tbh I expect that to be what the remake is going to do. But there's still lots of little locations like Kalm and Wall Market and Junon where you can go in houses and hang out, talk to NPCs. Cosmo Canyon is massive as well. XIII had very little of that intricate world building detail.

Of course they probably should have just made the difficult choice of sacrificing that stuff to make a full single game remake. But they didn't.

In any event it never made sense to me to expect Midgar to be huge when Square have been quite open about the challenge of this remake. The action will be bigger and more elaborate but the scope of each game/part will not be that big I bet

MarzGurl

Jan 23, 2019
Long Beach, CA
Genesis.

Shoehorning in a character because he was a big popular famous musician does not a better narrative make. God, I like GACKT as much as the next weeb, but...

[sigh]
What am I even saying? I expected this.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Ya'll honestly think Zack getting shot by some off screen jobber was a better way to end Zack then the end of Crisis Core?

Status
Not open for further replies.