• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Favorite FF7R character

• Cloud

Votes: 278 18.2%
  • Tifa

Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

astro

Oct 25, 2017
yeah, that's kind of what I was working on. They all seem to have the same kind of pattern too. I just get my fingers crossed and I can't remember which button I need to press next. Thankfully the pace seems to be equal to the squats.

I know I will get it. I was still kinda sleepy this morning when I was doing it, should go better when I'm more alert. The squats (and all the other mini games so far) were so easy I was expecting to breeze through this too.
Yeh you'll get it. I was expecting to breeze through it too as I usually ace mini-games like this (my first try I lost by 1... then a half dozen attempts later...), but it is really well designed to trip you up.

The main way being that you shouldn't try to race Jules, or worry about when they make a mistake, as they will almost always score around 43-44. Just try to hit 44+ yourself and ignore Jules entirely.

If it kicks your arse for too long as it did me, you can turn off Music, Voice, and even drape something over the left hand side of the screen. When I did this, I got it second try.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
You need to talk to Madam M and say yes to the prompt. That "are you sure?" is really just about the colosseum battles: after you talk to her, Aerith will leave the party. So yeah, make sure you've done her colosseum battles, but then talk to Madam M and you'll get side quests for Cloud only.
Got it. Thanks!

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Yeh you'll get it. I was expecting to breeze through it too as I usually ace mini-games like this (my first try I lost by 1... then a half dozen attempts later...), but it is really well designed to trip you up.

The main way being that you shouldn't try to race Jules, or worry about when they make a mistake, as they will almost always score around 43-44. Just try to hit 44+ yourself and ignore Jules entirely.

If it kicks your arse for too long as it did me, you can turn off Music, Voice, and even drape something over the left hand side of the screen. When I did this, I got it second try.

thanks for the tips. It's probably one of those things you have to take breaks from and come back to later or else frustration will take over.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Finished Chapter 5 of the hard mode. So far it has been relatively smooth ride. Really having fun with the combat in the hard mode.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
You're all a bunch of fucking weebs
27381.jpg

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Did they decrease the chance of restoring MP by hitting boxes? I never get it when I actually need it.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You know what I'd love for this game, and was really fucking sad when I realised one ain't going to exist?

A classy looking hardback strategy guide.

I still have my FF XII one somewhere...

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think there has been any patch yet...

Are you using the MP bonud weapons, btw?
Nope, not using those. Just got out of the first ch.11 boss fight and it left me in a rough place MP wise. I'm trying to farm boxes for MP shards but it's not working. It's like they're nonexistent.

I don't think so? Probably just bad luck.
It must be really bad luck because I haven't gotten a Mako shard in a while.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nope, not using those. Just got out of the first ch.11 boss fight and it left me in a rough place MP wise. I'm trying to farm boxes for MP shards but it's not working. It's like they're nonexistent.

It must be really bad luck because I haven't gotten a Mako shard in a while.
I would suggest giving them a go. They help a great deal.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question about Chapter 14. Gameplay-related only, no story spoilers:

I'm at the point where I get the message about how once I enter Shinra Tower I can't leave, so it's all sidequests now.

I just wanted to know if all the sidequests can be done prior to Shinra Tower, or if some of them are meant to be done post-game (as in higher levels). Just wanted to know if it's like the sidequests from previous chapters and you can knock them all out, or if it's one of those "eventually need to hit level 99" completionist type of deals.

The poll results are an absolute travesty, btw.

I say as I also acknowledge that Aerith is really, really great in this game

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
Thank you for resolving the issue above Mods.

I got to chapter 11 in hard mode yesterday without much issue (Died once to ch 9 boss)

When does it get rough?

Most bosses weren't too bad honestly, a few were rough.

Rufus required a few tries, and the final boss in Chapter 18 killed me because you have to use all 4 party members.

I just wanted to know if all the sidequests can be done prior to...

Yes, all Chapter 14 quests can be done on your current run - you don't need to be at level cap or anything.
You won't get a chance to go back and do them in future chapters.

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I'm at the point where I get the message about how once I enter Shinra Tower I can't leave, so it's all sidequests now.

I just wanted to know if all the sidequests can be done prior to Shinra Tower, or if some of them are meant to be done post-game (as in higher levels). Just wanted to know if it's like the sidequests from previous chapters and you can knock them all out, or if it's one of those "eventually need to hit level 99" completionist type of deals.

What poll results?

Joni

Oct 27, 2017

You should do all sidequests there.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

I did all quests before heading to the shinra tower.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

No, you can only do 24/26 sidequests in a single run. In Ch.9 there are two sidequests you were locked out of. You don't need to hit level 50 to do them. Just chapter select 9 and make sure you get the other two quests you didn't get.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
On the whole characters topic

Aerith is perfect, they did such a fantastic job with her

Tifa I like her but her time to shine in the story really comes later. I like her "anime mannerism". Love Ayumi Ito as Tifa. Classic outfit > Remake outfit

Barret is great. Definitely a character who really benefitted from the Remake

Cloud is great as well I think they did a great job with his character slowly starting to change

Granted I am only on Ch 14 so still have a bit left

Jessie is fantastic, Wedge is great I think Biggs could have used a few more scenes

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm at the very start of Chapter 7 (EDIT: Chapter 17). If I start at 8pm is it feasible that I can finish the game tonight? Or should I split what I have left into tonight and tomorrow?

Sorry for being so impatient, but I must admit that I am itching to move on to another game right now lol

Last edited: