Votes: 518 34.0%
  • Barret

Votes: 257 16.9%
  • Aerith

Votes: 471 30.9%

• Total voters

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
No words for Wall Market and chapter 9 so far. I just cant believe they have nailed it so well

I just cant believe its so good. Where has this team been for 20 years?

Dont want this game to end

Shinrou

Oct 28, 2017
Finland
I will say I have really enjoyed Tifa and Aerith. They seem well handled so far. I do wish I could main other characters though, since it always goes back to cloud.
Keen to see where this goes and also very interested to see reviews.
Well you "kinda" can main them. Just set the desired character as a party leader and all the fights starts by controlling them. You just can't control them outside of the battle.

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
I honestly can't believe that the game turned out this well. It's pretty much perfect to what I wanted from this remake.

Going by the spoiler thread certain story decisions are pissing people off but I was prepared for tha before I started playing.

ParsnipForest

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Question...in chapter 3 when Tifa suggests a
night out on the town
, does that actually happen, because I'm about to go out on a mission with
Jessie
and seems like it's not happening?

Pat_DC

Oct 27, 2017
Well you "kinda" can main them. Just set the desired character as a party leader and all the fights starts by controlling them. You just can't control them outside of the battle.
Awesome! Cheers, will definitely do this. Clouds cranky ass is about to get 2nd in line for some Tifa-fisticuffs.

Evodelu

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Can't believe this is finally happening... surreal. Can't enjoy the moment because of COVID-19 though :(

Majinkezz

Oct 29, 2017
UK here - i've been waking up early everyday just so I can play. Haven't been like this with a game for a long time.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yo

The 3000 gil option at that point (you'll know what I mean)

giphy.gif

Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Some will hate me for saying this so early, but doesn't this game remembers anyone of an improved FFXIII game lmao? It's as if I'm playing a spiritual sequel based on FFVII lore instead. And I do love it even more being an huge XIII fan myself :-D

Last edited:

Knightsoftheround

Alt Account
Banned
Mar 7, 2020
Some will hate me for saying this so early, but doesn't this game remembers anyone of an improved FFXIII game lmao? It's as if I'm playing a spiritual sequel based on FFVII lore instead. And I do love it even more because of that being an huge XIII fan myself :-D

Not really. It's quite linear but other then don't seem many similarities.

Don't have to read a menu to understand the story for one. I mostly kid as I didn't hate FFXIII as hard as most

Bunga

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm consistently impressed by how they've nailed the humour. A game hasn't made me grin so much in a while.

This has really caught me off guard too, I've laughed out loud several times only a few hours in such as
when looking for a little girls cats Cloud suddenly exclaims that "this is shit" lol

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
I can't believe it, but I'm stuck in Wall Market.

Pharmacist wants me to find a sick guy in a toilet, but I can't seem to locate him. Found two other sick people in back alleys, but Cloud just dismisses then. Any ideas?

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Some will hate me for saying this so early, but doesn't this game remembers anyone of an improved FFXIII game lmao? It's as if I'm playing a spiritual sequel based on FFVII lore instead. And I do love it even more being an huge XIII fan myself :-D

Same team so no surprise if it gives you that vibe. They had grander ambitions for XIII so maybe some of those ideas found their way here.

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 3 was a little dull in the middle, but Chapter 4 more than made up for it. It was awesome!

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
Devs did an amazing job with the soundtrack renditions. Loving "On Our Way" and "Jessie's Theme".

Last edited:

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Yup same and it's the same team so no surprise. Has the same sort of polish FFXIII had. Stagger system. A lot of subtle elements like how the summons look when coming out, the weapons development system (in the design) etc remind me of FFXIII

And I am glad. XIII is one of my favs. Was dying for another big budget FF from this team (XIII-2/LR don't count)

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I'm not usually one to complain about poor textures here and there, but this game has poor textures on almost everything that isn't a character model.

it doesn't really matter unless you look close, but like what's going on here? FF15 had pretty great texture work from what I remember?

Punished Dan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not usually one to complain about poor textures here and there, but this game has poor textures on almost everything that isn't a character model.

it doesn't really matter unless you look close, but like what's going on here? FF15 had pretty great texture work from what I remember?

I noticed this too in some scenes more than others.

The doors in Sector 7 Slums in particular - that's where I really noticed it.

Fardeen

Oct 31, 2017
man. 1 dollar is 39 mauritian rupees right now,
my country is on lockdown till 15 april.
covid 19 rapidly approaching the 200 soon.

food and money is scarce, now is not a good time for me to buy FF VII. money is tight. food is tight.

i guess i'll watch a walk-through of the game when its out and eventually play it when the apocalypse is over.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
More than any other FF, it feels like a Yakuza game with a deemphasised Kamurocho, especially in setpiece encounters where you have small action beats to punctuate phase shifts and stuff.

Monsterqken

Dec 26, 2019
Just finished the fight with the
air buster
hooolyyyyy shit that was adrenaline pumping !
I died on my first try, then remembered that I should level up my weapons for the first time and breezed through. Added speed on Tifa makes a world of difference.
Only dumb thing was that it was 4 am and I picked the skills randomly (except the speed).

Really wanted to hear under the rotting pizza before going to sleep.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
man. 1 dollar is 39 mauritian rupees right now,
my country is on lockdown till 15 april.
covid 19 rapidly approaching the 200 soon.

food and money is scarce, now is not a good time for me to buy FF VII. money is tight. food is tight.

i guess i'll watch a walk-through of the game when its out and eventually play it when the apocalypse is over.
Stay strong buddy. Similar situation here also. Keep being positive😊

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to see any spoilers but I saw some people laughing at Squenix, that they "broken" FF7 somehow by changing the story in absurd ways...

And I thought - do people really remember Final Fantasy7? The original has many absurd, stupid plot points. But they are often so absurd it's just fun and we roll with it :P

Yoshichan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
8 hours later, me and my wife got a goodnight sleep after a 22 hour marathon session. This game is crazy, and we're not stopping now! Continuing now :D

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Which is weird, becuase some areas, like the demo and other scenes I have seen in trailers look to have awesome texture work. I would say when it is clicking it looks quite a big step up from FFXV in some areas. Actually, FFXV had some mixed texture work as well, but the main issues were how lighting interacted with some materials and low quality geometry in some areas, particularly Alitissia, which was a huge disappointment.

Sep 23, 2018
Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask but hey, my box came with a Prodcut Registration card and a card for the Cactaur code too but seemingly nothing for the other summon.
Is it unlocked / added to your account in some other way or am I simply missing a piece of paper?

#firstworldproblem

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
More than any other FF, it feels like a Yakuza game with a deemphasised Kamurocho, especially in setpiece encounters where you have small action beats to punctuate phase shifts and stuff.

This was exactly the vibe I was getting from trailers, so I'm happy its somewhat true.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask but hey, my box came with a Prodcut Registration card and a card for the Cactaur code too but seemingly nothing for the other summon.
Is it unlocked / added to your account in some other way or am I simply missing a piece of paper?

#firstworldproblem
You're missing the paper. Myself and others have the exact same problem.

DannyVice

Oct 25, 2017
I bought both the digital deluxe and the psychical version (because i couldnt wait). But i didn't think about something and that is, can i actually continue on my save file from the psychical version to the digital deluxe? :|

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
I dont mind if it ends up like ff13 style, but at least make the level design interesting and fun. Ff10 is technically similar but it is more interesting

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Which is weird, becuase some areas, like the demo and other scenes I have seen in trailers look to have awesome texture work. I would say when it is clicking it looks quite a big step up from FFXV in some areas. Actually, FFXV had some mixed texture work as well, but the main issues were how lighting interacted with some materials and low quality geometry in some areas, particularly Alitissia, which was a huge disappointment.
It's only in the open ended chapters. The linear chapters don't have the issue. LoD must be handled differently between the two and one is bugged. The entirety of Chapter 3 and 8 are low res messes. It didn't look like this in the trailers so has to be a bug. It's not as obvious in chapter 3 because it's an ugly area as is (or maybe my opinion will change after it's fixed) but it's so bad in 8.