Should this thread contain open spoilers?

• Yes

Votes: 1,406 73.4%
  • No

Votes: 510 26.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Good work by Soldier First Class. I really think he puts to bed this accusation that Square is ret-conning and changing the story fundamentally, such as with the Shinra conspiracy displayed in the demo.

"And such a waste of good fireworks, just to get rid of vermin like you."

The game more than alludes to it. Watch to see the point fleshed out:

I have come to the understanding that no matter how many times you thoroughly explain stuff to some people. They are so hardcore into their own head canon that they will gladly die on that hill. Great video from Soldier as usual, regardless. :)

Frag Waffles

Apr 7, 2018
Demo didn't do much for me. Stiff gameplay, bullet sponge enemies especially bosses, bland environment. Presentation is nice overall though.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Demo didn't do much for me. Stiff gameplay, bullet sponge enemies especially bosses, bland environment. Presentation is nice overall though.

JuevWNr.gif

Oct 31, 2017
Good work by Soldier First Class. I really think he puts to bed this accusation that Square is ret-conning and changing the story fundamentally, such as with the Shinra conspiracy displayed in the demo.

"And such a waste of good fireworks, just to get rid of vermin like you."

The game more than alludes to it. Watch to see the point fleshed out:

You should probably make a thread for this!

ultima786

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I really hope we get Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core in this engine. Say what you want about em they are still canon and even if they are smaller, condemsed experiences I still think they are necessary. This universe is so massive at this point they could reimagine so many interesting parts of it that exist within compilation FF7.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I really hope we get Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core in this engine. Say what you want about em they are still canon and even if they are smaller, condemsed experiences I still think they are necessary. This universe is so massive at this point they could reimagine so many interesting parts of it that exist within compilation FF7.

Isn't FF7R in a different canon than the Compilation?

Either way, there's no way they're going to remake those games in this very expensive engine that's time-consuming to render.

Nov 1, 2017
Tokyo
I'm kind of curious to know how many downloads the demo go on PSN. I'm sure it was huge for SE.

I think it really was huge. I've been keeping track of social media such as Twitter and YouTube and I've seen both people who never played a Final Fantasy game before as well as people who were skeptical of the Remake suddenly being overjoyed after playing the demo and hyped for the full release. Extremely curious to see sales next month.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He'll probably get a playable segment in part 3 or whatever. All we need is Zack in Nibelhiem, no point of doing anything else or introducing Genesis or Angeal or whatever.
Yeah that's kinda what I mean. Though I do think those elements will work there way in but we'll see.

In terms of the remake though yeah I expect Zack at Nibelhiem and his last stand to be taken from Crisis Core.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The digital:physical ratio will be interesting to see for this game thanks to the coronavirus situation

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
I want Angeal to be included somehow :(

And Cissnei. Best character introduced post-FFVII

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think I might go back and replay the original some. It'll be interesting to compare and contrast with the remake when it's out.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a physical Deluxe edition on preorder and if it misses the delivery date I will be salty as hell.

(And then I'll probably get it on digital because I'm weak and won't want to wait.)

I really wanted to get the Deluxe edition but April 10th is holiday over here and I need to play this game on release day, going digital then.

Oct 30, 2017
Exactly one month away.... makes me remember the times when we were waiting and counting the months till the next E3 or TGS for a trailer, we came a long way guys :'-)

Adonais

Oct 29, 2017
Metaverse
I would love to have the compilation games handed off to another team to be released between the installments of the main remake series. Since the majority of the assets required are already being developed for the remake, a B team could handle it and the wait between releases wouldn't seem so far apart.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I would love to have the compilation games handed off to another team to be released between the installments of the main remake series. Since the majority of the assets required are already being developed for the remake, a B team could handle it and the wait between releases wouldn't seem so far apart.

The problem is that most largely don't really work until the remake project is concluded. I posted my idea for a list earlier, but Crisis Core, Advent Children and DoC all have to wait until after it's done.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah most Japanese companies don't usually announce going gold like Western companies do with the disc and everyone in the picture... except Kojima I guess haha..
It's usually found in small part of the interview like how Nomura mentioned it during (I think) famitsu interview recently.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Just listened to this for the first time. Had chills go down my spine around the 1:30 mark when the strings section kicks in makes me totally excited for April 10th.

And then I wonder how many years away it'll be until we hear the Remake version of One Winged Angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.