nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly a little surprised it turned out as good as it did. Didn't follow much of this game vs the first bit was just kinda weary about them striking gold twice in the same way. So happy they did. Told myself I wouldn't be buying games day 1 this year but something reviewed this well might be grounds for a break.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
It's scoring better, what I hope a new numbered Final Fantasy game could get.

I'm saying the scores for a lot of the outlets are the same but there are a lot more 9+ thanks to all you can do. And don't forget this is both an improved sequel to an existing FF game AND a remix of a past game, with beloved characters and world. Numbered FFs have to do a lot more heavy lifting tbh

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
GG8n2gla4AAga0s

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
I was impressed by the demos, I think getting into the world and out of Midgar will naturally do wonders to improve some of my biggest gripes with part one (bland and repeated environments).

The combat seemed much improved too. Happy days.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England
Here's me on VG247, which is a 4/5:
www.vg247.com

Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth review: Ambitious, joyous, and bursting with an energy FF hasn’t had since the 90s

For better and worse alike, Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is the most impressively ambitious game Square has made since FF’s golden age. It’s glorious, in spite of pa

That does translate to a 80/100 on Metacritic, and that's the challenge of a 5 star system in the aggregation with no half-stars - in a half star system, this is a 4.5, therefore a 9 or 90, at least to me. But I really felt it didn't earn the 5 stars as it's got some pretty glaringly rough stuff, some baffling decisions, and a final stretch that I just don't think works at all.

I tweeted some further thoughts - first tweet of a thread:

View: https://twitter.com/APZonerunner/status/1760666384269562014

And here's Josh on RPG Site, which I did an edit pass on - 9/10:

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth Review | RPG Site

A massive game that synthesizes two distinct eras of blockbuster game design, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth feels fresh and familiar simultaneously, while forging a new path for Cloud and the crew.

View: https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1760667513484910954

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
I finished the first game but didn't love it. Mostly because I simply couldn't gel with the battle system (FF16 wasn't great but way more fun for me). I presume because of this reason the sequel won't be for me?

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm saying the scores for a lot of the outlets are the same but there are a lot more 9+ thanks to all you can do. And don't forget this is both an improved sequel to an existing FF game AND a remix of a past game, with beloved characters and world. Numbered FFs have to do a lot more heavy lifting tbh

lol you really doing this in this thread?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Shit holding off for a little bit is going to be hard (just finished Remake so don't want to burn out) great to see they nailed it though.

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They cooked and they delivered. I'm up for whatever bullshit the story has to offer. SO excited to play this.

Jbone115

Oct 25, 2017
This game looks like one hell of a spectacle, can't wait to hear the soundtrack!

The hints at a potentially divisive ending in some of these reviews have me a bit nervous about the impending internet discourse.

Vincent4756

Oct 27, 2017
Yo congrats to SE and The Rebirth team!

I won't be playing it at launch, probably sometime more in the fall, but happy it seem to hit the landing.

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
Need to find time to beat Spiderman 2 in the next seven days to clear the hard drive and the backlog a little but i cannot wait for this.

Oct 25, 2017
Eurogamer: https://www.eurogamer.net/final-fantasy-7-rebirth-review

So while the desire to remake this iconic classic has resulted in an uneven, elongated experience that's bulkier than a fat chocobo, the focus on characterisation is where Rebirth really justifies its existence. It's an opportunity for fans to deepen their feelings for the cast. There are some divisive changes to debate, but for me the good outweighs any issues as deep down Rebirth does enhance the tone and mood of the original game. For all its cosmological and world-ending drama, it offers warmth and tenderness, its world bustling with detail and culture and extravagance, yet still full of pain. More than ever, this is a world that deserves saving.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I should probably get to playing the first remake. May just burn through the story to get to this game.