• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you believe in FF13- Remaster in 2020 ?

• I think it's possible

Votes: 287 31.9%
  • No chance, but want

Votes: 143 15.9%
  • Dont want

Votes: 469 52.2%

• Total voters

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So, FF 7 Remake came out, it's great sells great.

FF 15 is done.

New gen is right around the corner.

We won't be hearing about FF 16 for a while. FF VII R Part 2 is coming, but it can't be Square's Only offering in the meantime (and it wont). FF 8 Remaster is already out. so FF IX Remaster is most likely to be coming sooner than later. We already have X, X-2 and XII remasters avaliable right now...

So...

Final Fantasy 13 Trilogy Remaster for THIS gen and NEXT gen Consoles. 1 Buy, Full Trilogy. Possible?

Cause... let's be honest here... In the money Making area os things, selling these 3 games in ONE package is kinda crazy. The best way to make money is 3 separate games. HOWEVER... logic kicks in and im just thinking here it might not be the best Money Making path to do 3 launch and marketing campaings and then sell FF 13-2 and 13-3 as separate remasters.

But one big whooping package with 3 games inside in a grand cavalier Marketing campaing? That's just good value regardless of how you think of the trilogy.

But... possible? Viable? What you guys feel?

FF13 Trilogy Remaster for 2020? Would make for a neat E3 Reveal back when we had those...

Shantae

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I mean, with the Xbox One X versions, they're not really needed. You can play all 3 of the xbox 360 versions in native 4k, and higher resolution videos, that are running smooth as butter. Unless you want a remake that completely redoes textures, or environments...then I think that's unlikely. If you just want a remaster though, the Xbox One X versions are just as good, if not better than some remasters.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I would be tempted to try it on Switch. The character designs look appealing and the world colorful.

But all I really want right now is FF7R Part 2 ;_;

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
With Xbox BC and PC versions I feel it makes no sense anymore, It did earlier this gen but not anymore

ShroudOfFate

One Winged Slayer
Oct 30, 2017
I mean they already basically got a remaster on Xbox One X with SE even going so far as to upresing the CG cutscenes in XIII. But yeah I'd like to see it done and put on Switch at least

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
They're already basically remastered on Xbox One X backwards compatibility, and PC, for what it's worth.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd want it.

FF13 still holds up visually on the PC but I don't think SE will remaster it anytime soon.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
Nearly felt a bit disappointed as I read the title. I don't mind it happening, some people like them, but FF7, 8, 9, 10, 11, etc. ??

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll do this a bit after next gen launch to beef up their early lineup. I could see it being a 2021 release.

Especially since they haven't finished getting out Crystal Chronicles yet first.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I really, really don't want this. Mostly because I own XIII with a 4K patch on my One X.

Sailent

Mar 2, 2018
Worst game on the series IMO (after XV)

I have it on PC, so... I wouldn't buy another version on Steam with saturated colors.

WickedWins

Apr 28, 2020
No. Do I desire it? Yes, it'll feel like 2010-2014 where everyone was criticizing the games.
In my dreams they'll add the XIII-2 DLCs, artbooks, fastforward option, and the LR ending cinematic... That was really impressive, if it's redone and improved my mind will blow up.

Colargogol

Jan 22, 2020
I think it's likely. Not sure about 2020 though. Maybe more 2021.
I have only played the OG FFXIII. Thought the corridor part was ok but LOOOOOVED the open world part.
Would buy the trilogy if it's on switch for sure as I feel it's the perfect package for such a time sink. Not sure I'd buy if it's only for living room platforms.

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
jM82pZl.png

Would take it in a flash of Lightning.

TitanNut88

Nov 19, 2018
Games are visually stunning on the XOX so I don't think it will happen.

By the way, why is Lightning Returns that bad? I just finished replaying XIII and XIII-2 and they are much, much better than I remembered them to be when I played them on release. But LR? It's a complete disappointment...

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
Just finished FFX on the Switch yesterday and plans to play X-2 and XII on it and then play XIII Trilogy on PC, I wish they ported for the Switch. And put the first 6 on the eshop or the Nintendo NES/SNES Online so my Switch can be a Final Fantasy machine

Jangowuzhere

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

By the way, why is Lightning Returns that bad? I just finished replaying XIII and XIII-2 and they are much, much better than I remembered them to be when I played them on release. But LR? It's a complete disappointment...
As far as I'm concerned, Lightning Returns is the only good game in the series.

Shantae

Banned
Feb 15, 2019

I think I enjoyed playing XIII-2 the most, but I love how batshit insane Lightning Returns got. It went full anime, and I kinda love it for that.

Shantae

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
It's good but far from perfect. Still runs at 30fps and has worse cutscene quality the PS3 version.
That's just straight up not true. The xbox 360 version had worse cutscenes, but they actually updated the video files for the Xbox One X version.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
It's 100% happening at some point. Every Final Fantasy has been worked on and touched up for modern hardware in some capacity except for the FF13 trilogy. Hell the work is already partway done thanks to the One X version of FF13. Give a couple of years until the Overton window for the games is more positive like what happened for FF10 and 12.

Shantae

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
It is true because even though they upgraded them they're still worse looking than the PS3 ones.
If they are, it's negligible. I think what's making it look "worse" to you is the fact that the game is 4k, and the video files are very low res compared to the game itself. Plus your tv is probably higher resolution now than when the game came out.

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I'm actually playing through FFXIII right now and am surprised to find myself adoring it. It reminds me a lot of what got me into JRPGs in the first place. My childhood mindset played these games primarily with the interest of seeing what happens in the next cutscene and this game is bringing that back. The characters are sooooooo good, and the game is gorgeous to boot.

A remaster on modern consoles would be great. I'm playing the PC version and it'd be a nice excuse for Square to fix some of the bugs present on FFXIII and XIII-2 causing framerate drops. Most can be mitigated through a mod, but that's not ideal.

OP
OP
Araujo

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Question : "Hey do you think it would be nice to have 3 Games remastered to be made avaliable in better quality for all plataforms in a single package?"

Answer : "No! One plataform with an updated version of them is enough for all!"

I mean, "Fuck you got mine" much? Geez...

era!

TrishaCat

Oct 26, 2017
United States
selling these 3 games in ONE package is kinda crazy. The best way to make money is 3 separate games. HOWEVER... logic kicks in and im just thinking here it might not be the best Money Making path to do 3 launch and marketing campaings and then sell FF 13-2 and 13-3 as separate remasters.
Koei Tecmo was able to sell the Atelier games in trilogy packs at a higher than normal price ($90 iirc).. I could see Square being able to do the same here.

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
I can see a trilogy happening next gen. SE is gonna need to release games in times of drought and 13 trilogy seems like a perfect candidate.

Just finished FFX on the Switch yesterday

How are the loading times there?

Question : "Hey do you think it would be nice to have 3 Games remastered to be made avaliable in better quality for all plataforms in a single package?"

era!

Yeah those posts are mind boggling. It's like they don't think there are PS/Switch only users in the world and PS system by far have the biggest fanbase.

MaverickHunterAsh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Los Angeles, CA.
I think it's possible, if only because of how popular the FF XIII series (rightly) remains in Japan, and hell fucking yeah I'd want it. I don't care for Lightning Returns, but Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 are both really great and two of my most loved games in the series despite their flaws.

Shantae

Banned
Feb 15, 2019

era!
Because why waste the time and resources when it's kinda not needed? Sounds like you're asking for a port, and that makes this a port begging thread. We already got a great remaster we're telling you. You want it? Go get an Xbox One X, or Series X when it's out. And pay super cheap for 360 copies of the games.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am sure a remaster will happen eventually. Probably waiting on next gen at this point. I would be surprised if basic ports of the trilogy never end up on the Switch as well.
Give a couple of years until the Overton window for the games is more positive like what happened for FF10 and 12.
Never going to happen. I don't know what history you remember, but X was always positively received. XII was divisive only because it was so drastically different from what came before, but it was always regarded as a good game. XIII just has a myriad of core issues that are going to prevent it from ever being universally liked.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I never was able to finish any of the three games on PS3 due to their lengths. I'd gladly pay full $60 for Switch ports of each game, it might be the only way for me to finish them. Hell I'd even pay more than $60.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I REALLY want a re-release on PS4 or PS5. FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns both ran horribly on the PS3. I'd love to be able to play them at actual 60fps.