• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
There is much more men playing e-sports games than there is woman. And only abysmally small percentage of those players get to be pros.

We should have own leagues for women only and keep current leagues open for everyone. This way we could get much more females to e-sports
I only follow CSGO as an esport, but do esports generally have men only leagues? I was under the impression that leagues are open for any gender but for some reason only men play in the highest ones.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone who wants to act as gatekeepers to gaming, and "screen" women to check their legitimacy are fucking trash of the highest order.

You do not represent gaming, or gamers, yet somehow these aresholes keep their power to harass, intimidate and hurt while the people we should be protecting and encouraging to play at every level are forced out.

Gaming is for everyone, yet somehow this happens time and again. Anyone seen engaging in harassment campaigns should be banned from the communities they're doing this disservice to.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I only follow CSGO as an esport, but do esports generally have men only leagues? I was under the impression that leagues are open for any gender but for some reason only men play in the highest ones.

They are open.

But we should have women only leagues with them. And i think CS:GO has those?

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Fucking HELL, what is it with these horrible men?! GAH can 2019 be fucking better PLEASE.

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
They are open.

But we should have women only leagues with them. And i think CS:GO has those?
Yes, but I read somewhere that apparently because there is quite a lot of money in the women only leagues that the motivation isn't very high to go for the other leagues, especially since there would be a big part in the community that would be against "pro" women players. It really is a shitsow if you think about it.

Why go through the trouble of trying to make it in the "men" league if you can have success in women only leagues.

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
Not surprised sadly. I stopped playing overwatch all together because I was so sick of the constant abuse and negative tone so many of the players have.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Yes, but I read somewhere that apparently because there is quite a lot of money in the women only leagues that the motivation isn't very high to go for the other leagues, especially since there would be a big part in the community that would be against "pro" women players. It really is a shitsow if you think about it.

Why go through the trouble of trying to make it in the "men" league if you can have success in women only leagues.

Then let them play in women only league. If someone wants even more money and have the skill to play with men then let them.

Women's league have really low price rewards. It's like 30k for win, when open league winners get 100k. There is big difference.

With women only league we could get more females to e-sport and maybe toxic idiots would start taking them more seriously and they would have better chance to play with male teams

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
6pk6x8pf0uw01.jpg

use that image for people who use "both sides" on left wing right wing bullshit, not here.

A side is being hateful and gatekeeping women and you are literally calling them terrorists, those two things are very offensive and wrong on the same scale. Nah this isnt a "not all man" bullshit, its very offensive when people like you say shit like that when we have people like Muma, whos openly gay, plays main tank for Houston Outlaws, and faces harassment every single day but stays positive. Dont generalize a group ever, dont fall to the level those of those assholes who would doxx a poor girl.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
use that image for people who use "both sides" on left wing right wing bullshit, not here.

A side is being hateful and gatekeeping women and you are literally calling them terrorists, those two things are very offensive and wrong on the same scale. Nah this isnt a "not all man" bullshit, its very offensive when people like you say shit like that when we have people like Muma, whos openly gay, plays main tank for Houston Outlaws, and faces harassment every single day but stays positive. Dont generalize a group ever, dont fall to the level those of those assholes who would doxx a poor girl.

Exactly! Thank you! Someone else gets it :)

Herbz

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm embarrassed of video gaming industry. So much dumb immature shits reign in it.

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
of the top of my head, the whole houston outlaws roster is very progressive and overall great people. Effect is a great dude, he has his own depression problems and declared himself bissexual despite the korean community backlash and his team (dallas fuel) is standing right behind him

Midee

Oct 27, 2017
CA, USA

Guys I'm not making a #notallmen post. I swear to god this is not a #notallmen post.

Anyway, not all men...

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is a problem within the gaming community, I know that not everyone there is a piece of shit, but we have to admit that a considerable part of it is a piece of shit

Kaloskatoa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's great that theres some good people in there, but if the community as a whole is complicit and doesn't stand up to this shit, then it's rotten. Who cares how many gold nuggets you find in a pile of shit.

the community sure, the overall pro OWL populaton is full of "gold nuggets". Even if you say "most" are rotten id disagree. Do you follow the OWL scene?

The truly rotten ones like Dreamkazper and xqc get kicked from owl. Dafran is sure to suffer penalties for what he did here. Owl is very progressive and tries very very hard to be inclusive.

Let me make this clear again. Im not defending the community. Most really are deepshits. The professional level is very respectable tho.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney

do you not understand this is a joke response or no

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
I've read through this entire thing and I still don't understand what it is that these people are actually "worried" about. Seems nakedly obvious that it's just a community being shitty to a woman over suspicion of...something. That's what I'm not getting...what is it that they think she (or if it wasn't really she, whatever) is doing?

If she wasn't real, or someone else was playing for her, or whatever nonsense, wouldn't that be exposed and obvious as soon as she showed up to a tournament?

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Inflammatory false equivalencies
There is a problem within the gaming community, I know that not everyone there is a piece of shit, but we have to admit that a considerable part of it is a piece of shit

It's great that theres some good people in there, but if the community as a whole is complicit and doesn't stand up to this shit, then it's rotten. Who cares how many gold nuggets you find in a pile of shit.

This sounds more and more like discussion about refugees that are coming to Finland/Europe or what Trump said about mexicans and how some of them might be good people. Now i do understand that those things are much worse than this gaming shit, but that isn't the point. The point is that you are using exactly same logic as someone like Trump.

Yes there is problem with gaming community and e-sports. There is way too much toxicity, racism, misogyny etc and we need to talk about those problems and try to solve them, but saying every gamer is shitbag or e-sports players are alt-right racists isn't helping anyone and it isn't right way to do this.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Overwatch is such a fantastic game but man a huge part of that community are absolute cunts.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds more and more like discussion about refugees that are coming to Finland/Europe or what Trump said about mexicans and how some of them might be good people. Now i do understand that those things are much worse than this gaming shit, but that isn't the point. The point is that you are using exactly same logic as someone like Trump.

Yes there is problem with gaming community and e-sports. There is way too much toxicity, racism, misogyny etc and we need to talk about those problems and try to solve them, but saying every gamer is shitbag or e-sports players are alt-right racists isn't helping anyone and it isn't right way to do this.
Please, just stop. This isn't "exactly the same logic". "Gamers" aren't a nationality or a race. Saying "gamers are trash" is nowhere near the same as spouting racist garbage about refugees.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Terrible.
Can blizzard do something about that incident (and everyone that has the skill or just want to try to play in a more proffesional level), force some policies to prevent players who discourage/harass others or better visibility to great players.

Clearly players are not to be trusted.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Please, just stop. This isn't "exactly the same logic". "Gamers" aren't a nationality or a race. Saying "gamers are trash" is nowhere near the same as spouting racist garbage about refugees.

Didn't I just say it isn't same or as bad? I am saying people are using same logic. People are judging whole group, because of actions of some people in that group.

We should always see people as individuals.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't I just say it isn't same or as bad? I am saying people are using same logic. People are judging whole group, because of actions of some people in that group.

We should always see people as individuals.
It's not just because of the actions of some, it's also because of the inaction of most others (from individual people to industry level).

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
It's not just because of the actions of some, it's also because of the inaction of most others (from individual people to industry level).

And now you are using same logic as alt-right idiots use against Muslims "They should take action and say something more about these terrorists"

Yeah you are right that people who don't want that shit in industry and community/e-sports should take more actions and be more vocal and defend others, but still isn't reason to lump everyone to same pile of shit others are.

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
girl icky
girl bad at gamez

The r/competitiveoverwatch thread on this is just embarrassing. Very few comments on harassment, just people falling over themselves trying to prove she is a fake and a fraud.

Embarrassing shit. Imagine caring this much about the sex of a player.

Deleted member 19739

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I totally understand the initial suspicion, especially since it has happened before. But the fact that this is still happening after she proved herself and other players have vouched for her is very disgusting

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
And now you are using same logic as alt-right idiots use against Muslims "They should take action and say something more about these terrorists"

Yeah you are right that people who don't want that shit in industry and community/e-sports should take more actions and be more vocal and defend others, but still isn't reason to lump everyone to same pile of shit others are.
It's not the same logic. At all.

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
girl icky
girl bad at gamez

The r/competitiveoverwatch thread on this is just embarrassing. Very few comments on harassment, just people falling over themselves trying to prove she is a fake and a fraud.

Embarrassing shit. Imagine caring this much about the sex of a player.
link? it's not on the front page of the subreddit.

Ho_su

Oct 28, 2017
El Salvador
Soo.

When a character is a gamer girl (D-Va) all cheers (and transform she in a sex icon, i mean hers logo is a rabbit)

When an actually gamer girl play good "it do not exist"

E-sport gamers are canser.

Status
Not open for further replies.