• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
be4a8cea10cc7dcee3459aea9c6cddee.png

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Buddy was putting on under the radar bangers in WWE, he'll be amazing in AEW.

Legit question: Does WWE have any truly likeable faces right now? Or is most of their face roster some variation of annoying and/or unrelatable?
Current WWE is incapable of building pure babyfaces, so no. Becky was a happy accident, but returned last year as a heel For Reasons.

New Day are the only truly likeable faces coming to mind, but they're relegated to midcard geeks.

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Adam Cole has X-Pac heat for me. Except I like X-Pac more than Adam Cole.

dude been doing the same gimmick for 13 years.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Its going to be funny seeing WWE go from "AEW has no stars" to "Oh my god! We got one! This means everything."

Well, for about three to six months. Cody is probably fucked after that and Vince's attention span wears out.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Its going to be funny seeing WWE go from "AEW has no stars" to "Oh my god! We got one! This means everything."

Well, for about three to six months. Cody is probably fucked after that and Vince's attention span wears out.
Or he'll become champ and it won't fix their ratings, nor will it fix their younger talent leaving because Vince can't be bothered to try with them.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Cross posting from the Talent Releases thread

Hugo Savinovich's Lucha Libre Online reports that WWE has fired Carlos "La Voz" Cabrera, legendary spanish announcer who spent 29 years in his position.

Hugo and Carlos were iconic as a duo, but Carlos Cabrera managed to carry and then get into a great pair with Marcelo Rodriguez. WWE's Spanish announce team was so much superior to the english one.

Now, I usually don't believe Hugo that much, but this is a moment where I do. These guys are friends.

www.fightful.com

Carlos Cabrera Released By WWE | Fightful News

Carlos Cabrera departs WWE.

Fightful reports too. Sucks bad. Really bad.

Obligatory: Yeah, Tony, sign him. AEW's spanish announce team is pretty bad.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
wrestlingnews.co

EC3, Adam Scherr (Braun Strowman) launch new wrestling company: "TV deal imminent"

United Festival Productions issued the following press release: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE... THURSDAY FEBRUARY 17th, 2022 EC3, Former WWE Mega Star Adam Scherr

Odds on how long this company lasts before it goes belly up? Because I can't imagine they scored even a remotely decent TV deal. Hell, it would be a stretch to say they get anything more than a random TV deal with OANN considering who is running this company.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
wrestlingnews.co

EC3, Adam Scherr (Braun Strowman) launch new wrestling company: "TV deal imminent"

United Festival Productions issued the following press release: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE... THURSDAY FEBRUARY 17th, 2022 EC3, Former WWE Mega Star Adam Scherr

Odds on how long this company lasts before it goes belly up? Because I can't imagine they scored even a remotely decent TV deal. Hell, it would be a stretch to say they get anything more than a random TV deal with OANN considering who is running this company.
These fuckin dorks will be out of business in a week. "TV Deal" huh? sure pal

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
So if you've seen NJPW wrestler Gabriel Kidd being a twat over the past week by calling out everyone and generally being a dick, well, today he's finally having a meltdown and defending people called out for sexual abuse in Speaking Out among other things.

ke6rUQI.png

B2iznbz.png

Looks like he might have deleted his Twitter now.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
wrestlingnews.co

"Now that I have your attention, here's the truth." – ec3⁣⁣

The "Control Your Narrative" concept has manifested itself from an idea, to a movement, to a live touring/televised wrestling company.⁣⁣

"We, collectively as wrestlers, can no longer wait. We can not wait on companies that answer only to shareholders. Companies where billionaires collect talent as "toys." Companies that fire their entire roster for the mistakes their office made. Companies that are complacent in presentation. ⁣⁣

To create true change, you have to be bold. You have to bet on yourself. With CYN, talent bet on themselves." -ec3⁣⁣

What has started as a self produced concept focused on character development/wrestling through a "cinematic lens," CYN content was created by ec3 and his partner Jedediah Koszewski in April of 2020. ⁣⁣

"The world was changing and everyone felt fear and anxiety. The best therapy is to create." – Koszewski⁣⁣

"The talent that has reached out, wanting to create with us has been humbling. It's an honor to help tell their story."⁣⁣

One of these is former #BraunStrowman, Adam Scherr.⁣⁣

"I was so impressed with what CYN was creating that I told ec3 and JC how much it inspired. How I would like to create with them one day.⁣⁣

The next day I was released. Things happen for a reason.⁣

This is what's next." – Scherr⁣⁣

All talent featured in CYN asked to be a part of the project.

On 3/31 CYN: Dallas, debut of Killer Kross takes place.⁣⁣

"If you want to Control Your Narrative, all you have to do is knock." – ec3⁣⁣

At CYN there is no corporate hierarchy. There are no investors wanting to use the sport just to profit. There are no contracts, agendas. There is only passion to create.⁣⁣

"This company will be bigger than one person. I promise my undying effort to create a platform for wrestlers to do what they love and freedom they crave. For fans to have an unforgettable LIVE experience with an engaging TV presentation. ⁣⁣

CYN is my purpose." – ec3⁣⁣

This is going to end up being a pyramid scheme, isn't it?

Oct 27, 2017
This is like the year of bad news. Cody defecting to the company he hated and tried to change the industry because of, and stone cold ruining his retirement. He had the perfect send off with the rock, with Dwayne finally getting the win after 2 WM losses

Hopefully stone cold stays retired or just does a segment. I have no interest in a bum old man match like Taker/HBK in Saudi Arabia.

A cinematic grocery store street fight? Well maybe lol.

Sadly this will lead to King Xavier Woods dropping the wwe title in 1 year to Austin in 10 seconds, so that we can finally have Brock v Austin 20 years too late at WM39

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I assume an old man Austin match would be intensified attitude era style punch-kick Austin, just brawling through the crowd, up the ramp, back into the ring, with as minimal bumping and moves as possible.
Shit's gonna suck but at the very least it can't surely be as bad as Bret Hart's WM26 abomination, because booking someone who basically can't bump or else in a 20 minute slog was such a good idea, among the other million things wrong with that absolute farce, a true WOAT match that.

Booking the olds is the worst

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
I've always gotten the impression that Austin had no interest in wrestling again. Everyone has a price I guess but Vince would have to drive a dump truck filled with cash to his house to get him to do it. Taker was just sad in his last appearances. I don't want Austin to do that to himself.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I mean - if the rumor of Cody getting 5 million to head to WWE is true - no wonder he is walking away.

But, this asks a bigger question - what the fuck is the E doing?

Cody is not a draw. I mean, he's a draw but he's not fucking 1999 Stone Cold and that is 1999 stone cold money.

Then K.O. who we all like is getting 3 million.

Its not that these aren't good wrestlers.. but when you look at the cuts who were almost certainly lower dollar deals.

FTR, Black, Andrade, Miro, Deeb, 2.0, Soho, KOR, Fish (I know, fuck Fish), Mercedes Martinez and of course a shitload that are in the indies now.. its just like why? I can nearly promise you the names above's collective salaries in WWE are less than this Cody deal.

I just.. like. What is your plan 5 years from now? Money whip AEW and Impact talent for way more than you could have kept them on at in the first place? Throw 5 million a year at MJF?

I just don't see the long-term strategy at all.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think if Austin does come back it will be good, if the rumors are right he's had a ring since last summer and if he couldn't go somewhat still im sure he would straight up say no. It's not even for a Saudi paycheck so maybe it's something to prove to himself. (And still a lot of money I'm sure) Owen's is a perfect opponent to not kill Austin and the promos would be good leading up to it.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I assume an old man Austin match would be intensified attitude era style punch-kick Austin, just brawling through the crowd, up the ramp, back into the ring, with as minimal bumping and moves as possible.
Shit's gonna suck but at the very least it can't surely be as bad as Bret Hart's WM26 abomination, because booking someone who basically can't bump or else in a 20 minute slog was such a good idea, among the other million things wrong with that absolute farce, a true WOAT match that.

Booking the olds is the worst

If I were booking this I would first not do it.

Second, I would have Austin work basically the Stadium Stampede from last year. Start off in the back with an attack and then work an 80% cinematic match and finish coming down the stairs or ramp smacking someone with beers. Hit like 10 stunners and have the other person bump like a mad man and call it a day.

Owens is the perfect opponent for this. The promos will be great and Owens is a safe worker who can take the bumps.