• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Lambert is doing his job. The only way he can get X-Pac heat is if he participated in matches (example: Lambert vs any AEW manager).

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
When Vince J Mcmahon sold Vince K Mcmahon he left Vince a bunch of really brilliant wrestling minds like Pat Patterson, and Gorilla Monsoon. Vince just never was able to replace them.

Memphis just couldnt break out of its small territory

AWA was ran by an old out of touch wrestling promoter who wanted technical wrestling while everyone else switched to massive muscle dudes

WCCW had massive drug problems that lead to the death of several young talent including nearly all of the promoter's children.

JCP didnt get the tv deal they thought they were getting sold to Ted Turner who renamed it WCW put the local Pizza Hut executive in charge who was one of the worst wrestling promoters of all time (Jim Herd), then brought in Eric Biscoff who had one good idea his entire career that he just endlessly repeated, than Russo showed up, and well showed why he worked best while being micromanaged by WWE's brain trust.

Vince then become absolutley obsessed with being a holywood bigshot which meant that they changed how wrestling is written. The only person to excel was John Cena who is by far the best actual actor to come out of professional wrestling.

Like imagine Hulk Hogan getting the Peacemaker role.

If Cena wins an Emmy for this, Vince would be beside himself.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
I don't mind Lambert in small doses, honestly. I think he's self aware enough where his routine can work. It's just AEW will have him cut long long promos on a weekly basis, sometimes with no angle or larger point other than having him talk. Also the team up with Scorpio/Ethan is weird.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
Cody leaving means almost nothing to me, other than maybe one more segment on Dynamite I don't fast forward through. If he goes to WWE and cashes in, sure, why not, go back to being a geek for the right check. He knows what he's getting himself into.

OP
OP
asmith906

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Need Cody, HHH, Shane McMahon and Jeff Jarrett to make a new promotion.

FLp40AbXIAIyhKV

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't know how someone can have Jake Roberts in the ring and say 'man what this promo needs is MORE LAMBERT'

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I don't mind Lambert in small doses, honestly. I think he's self aware enough where his routine can work. It's just AEW will have him cut long long promos on a weekly basis, sometimes with no angle or larger point other than having him talk. Also the team up with Scorpio/Ethan is weird.

This is basically my feeling on Lambert.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Lambert gives "change the channel" heat for most people.

I don't know if this is true

I have some friends who think AEW is a minor league, the young bucks and omega are the worst wrestlers on the planet, that think he's great

I'm told he's the only guy in AEW that can actually cut a good promo

(he seems to be a play towards a wider audience of donkey-brained individuals, aka the 1.5 million people still watching raw and smackdown every week)

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I have some friends who think AEW is a minor league, the young bucks and omega are the worst wrestlers on the planet, that think he's great

(he seems to be a play towards a wider audience of donkey-brained individuals, aka the 1.5 million people still watching raw and smackdown every week)
Don't attack yourself like that, you're alright.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

you have weird friends, stop going over to their houses cluttered with mountain dew bottles to watch RAW and smackdown every week.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I just don't know how someone can have Jake Roberts in the ring and say 'man what this promo needs is MORE LAMBERT'

Not only you have Roberts and also a big dude in Lance Archer who can also talk. And you put them with fucking Lambert? We are getting multiple segments with him even. It brings everything down.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Cody going to bring his dog out for WM and he's going to get spooked by the fireworks.

Time is a flat circle.

Then he's going to job to Veer.

Sir Charles

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego, CA
Not only you have Roberts and also a big dude in Lance Archer who can also talk. And you put them with fucking Lambert? We are getting multiple segments with him even. It brings everything down.
Not only that but then we were stuck with their Inner Circle feud for so long where Jericho would cut his own Lambert-style promos straight out of the 90s full of misogyny and homophobia. It was honestly way too much.

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
You missed Full Gear? I coulda swore you tuned in and talked about it with us. No worries if so. Just surprising to see someone that's such a big fan miss out on it.
Yes, I did. I used to watch PPVs at my friend's house, but the pandemic happened. I keep up on PPV from clips. I do remember going to the forums for real time updates.

MG310

Oct 25, 2017

It's very unfocused.

- He's managing a two man stable who he has nothing in common with and barely ever have matches on TV while yelling about their W/L records.
- He was inserted into a main event feud that he had nothing to do with as a manager for a guy who already has a manager.
- Having a feud with Brandi who is barely on TV

I'm all for having PVZ in for a match at least.

Last edited:

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Cody going to be re-signed by Friday and is technically finally able to challenge for the world championship.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
It's very unfocused.

- He's managing a two man stable who he has nothing in common with and barely ever have matches on TV while yelling about their W/L records.
This was one of the weirdest things when I saw him managing Men of the Year, two pretty boys whose titantron is them posing in a vapid men's lifestyle magazine.
doesn't seem very Dan Lambert-y

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Nah you're gonna get an awful Becky/Brandi forced shoot promo segment out of it

and youre gonna like it, pal