bigosc

Oct 27, 2017
McDonald's was better when everyone else was significantly worse

But we've discovered things like peanut oil and seasoning since then and McDonalds just isn't that great anymore - even hot.
If the fries from wingstop weren't such a soggy mess they would be up in the rankings due to them using Cajun seasoning, but I avoid them and go for the veggies.

Silver-Streak

Oct 25, 2017
This list's order is a bit ridiculous to me, but food is generally subjective so I'm glad they found something they enjoy.

Also, they rigged the list by not including Wendy's breakfast potatoes, which are the best potato product in fast food.

r_rose

Mar 1, 2022
Even though I defended In-n-Out's fries earlier in the thread, I have to wonder why they haven't changed them up by now. Surely they know of the reputation.

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know, I thought about this for a bit and didn't post it. I don't see how DQ is actually below InNOut, but I can kind of see them being low if you're not in Texas. The ones here are legit run differently and by region, so if you're in one in like a Chicago suburb they're probably gonna be shit (ask me how I know) but here in Texas they're generally going to be cooked decently.

Mmm, interesting.

I'm up in Canada so I can only speak to the province of BC, and they seem consistent between mainland and vancouver island at least.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How the FUCK is Burger King at #6? Their fries are notoriously bad. I have never heard a single person in real life say they like BK's fries. They're unsalted cardboard.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
McDonald's fries are not that good idk what yall smoking. I could make better fries at home in my air fryer.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Haven't had them in a million years but there was a time I would get McDonald's nuggets but then hit Arby's for their curly fries - they were right next to each other. I don't have a problem with McDs fries really but to me Arby's was the superior choice.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Really, no Checkers/Rally's? They have the best fast food fries by a long shot.

whistleklik

Oct 27, 2017
Kentucky
I like bojangles fries way more than mcdonalds but I agree that they are probably a close second. 5 guys fries are overrated trash and so are arby curly fries. Rally/Checker fries are good too.

Apollo

Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dairy Queen's fries can hit really really good. Not gonna say they're number 1 but they're better than plenty of those on the list IMO

lupin23rd

Oct 27, 2017
Fine with McD's at one. I like Dairy Queen so I'd rank them higher, maybe they're better in Canada? Also a fan of Church's Chicken which isn't on this list.

I've always hated fries with skin on them so I used to like Wendy's, KFC, and A&W as well but once they switched to skin on I haven't really been. KFC in Japan was though.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
mcdonalds fries is one of those rare things like coca cola where im like nah everyone is right actually this shit is the best

that being said i havent had them for like years at this point due to their fries containing dairy or whatever the fuck so i could be wrong

Nemesis121

Nov 3, 2017
Pretends to be shocked at number 1, those fries are average at best, I love Checkers fries here in NJ..

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I think I do judge fries based on how much they remind me of McDonald's fries. Looking at that top 15 I can't say any of them do fries better.

This is the same for me lol

It's never is just: "Are these fries good" it's always: "Are these fries as good as the ones from McDonalds?"

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
That's the correct #1. In n Out is too high. Kind of weird that Whataburger fries are not listed. They are my 3rd favorite after Taco Bell

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
here
i get a small fry at mcdonalds and see if i can eat all of them in under a min while driving

very safe

Katamari

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
In-n-out shouldn't even be considered food. I wouldn't even feed that to someone starving.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I haven't eaten them in 10 years, but hot McDonalds fries were like crack to me. My favourite fries by such a large margin that second place may as well be 20th place.

I stopped eating them because they're like edible plastic or something. Mold doesn't grow on them, and they won't decompose. I don't need that shit in my body, no matter how good they taste.

Bengraven