psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
Number one is right!

Didn't really care for Taco Bell and Wendy's fries. Popeyes would be my runner up.

Last edited:

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. McDonalds has the best fries when they're fresh.

I would've ranked Arby's curly fries higher on the list though.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I will never forget the day I found out in the drive thru that KFC had gotten rid of their wedges and switched to fries. I was shocked, what a stupid decision.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
The love for Shake Shack's fries confounds me. The polar opposite of what I want in a french fry.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Agree with #1. I miss Wendy's old fries but I'm pretty much done with fast food so it's whatever for me at this point.

RomanticHeroX

Oct 27, 2017
This is one of those lists that's intentionally wrong to drive engagement. Everyone knows Five Guys is at the top.

maze001

Sep 18, 2024
1. Taco Bell Nacho Fries
2. Shake Shack Fries
3. Popeyes
4. Chic-Fil-A
5. Five Guys

McDonald's fries taste like cardboard nowadays

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Wendy's fries used to be my number 1 but when they changed them a while back, along with marketing them as "always hot," they have barely any taste other than oil.

hopeblimey

Sep 23, 2023
The secret to In n out fries is ask for it to be cooked light well

There's no secret to them. I've tried them every which way and at best they're the worst French fries I've ever had, and at best they're the worst fries I've ever had.

I feel like the only way they'd be slightly better is if I asked them to cut them and just give me to them raw before they do whatever crimes to make them even worse than raw potato.

Zulith

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I am not sure why in-n-out fries keep ranking so low on these lists. they are made fresh right on site. Most fries are made from bags of frozen pre-cut fries. I know people say that makes them better, but I still like the taste of fresh cut fries a lot. I'm not saying their fries are the best just probably should rank higher.

I do like McD's fries but I can't believe they keep coming out #1... especially when in all other areas of their food they are far from #1.

RainsJitt

May 14, 2024
Never had a frozen fry as good as McDonalds. I've had dozens of them as good or better than Shake Shack's boring ass crinkle fries.

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Been doing this in my house and so far our trips to McDonald's have been middle of the pack. We all recognize that a perfectly cooked McDonald's fry is top tier, but it happens so rarely at the ones near us.

Our leader so far is Sonic Groovy Fries. Those things are good.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
For the the ones with Canadian places, Wendys is number 1.

BK, In n Out, regardless of country are bottom of the barrel trash. KFC is garby too.

Klotera

Oct 27, 2017
How is Popeye's so low? Especially considering some of the fries above it. Arby's, Wendy's, Chick-Fil-A? McDonalds are the only ones I could see giving it competition and even then I'd go with Popeye's. The only problem with Popeye's fries is that you only get like three of them in an regular size order.

Chick-Fil-A's are the most overrated of all the fries. They're fine, but they have hardly any flavor of their own. Whenever I point that out to someone, they're like "you're supposed to dip them in the chick-fil-a sauce". So, it's the sauce you like more than the fries, then.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I feel like this list is entirely dependent on if you got fresh fries or not. I had Wendy's last night, and I ordered it on the app from the parking lot. Everything was hot when we got it. It's the first time the nuggets have been actually hot and the nuggets and fries were extra crispy. Heavenly.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Nah, sorry, Popeye's Cajun fries are the pinnacle. McDonald's are only good if you get them fresh and hot which happens maybe 1% of the time. I'd eat those Cajun fries in a block of ice.

Grenlento

Dec 6, 2023
I've really been out of it, I didn't know Taco Bell served fries.

Last I had were Popeyes; I do not agree with them being that high at all.

BrianAltano

Verified
Feb 2, 2018
San Francisco, California
Controversial but I'd put Animal Style In-N-Out fries over most of the fries on this list because nobody else has that option and every other place is wildly inconsistent with their fries. They also pair well with the Double Double which is the best fast food burger in its price range.

Also if I'm at a Del Taco, Carl's Jr, or Arby's it's because a road sign just told me it's the only food for a hundred miles and I'm famished or America is like three days into the apocalypse.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
BK is way to high. Used to be addicted to them as a child, but now they're just not good unless you're eating them immediately off the frier.

Rn I bat for Freddy's shoestring fries
freddys_08.jpg

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
10000% agree!

Honestly hot fresh BK fries are amazing, and I would put in top 2 top with Taco Bell being #1 them nacho fries hit.
Yeah bk fries when fresh are awesome, a super crispy outside that crunches into a fluffy potato center and they actual taste like potatoes not grease

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
McDonald's fries are good maybe once out of every dozen times you get them, and only ever at specific locations that actually give a little bit of a fuck

Don't really care about the placement of most of the list, but I do think Shake Shack and Five Guys do it well if they again cook them properly. Chic Fil A are alright too for middle of the pack, if they bother to salt them.

hopeblimey

Sep 23, 2023
Controversial but I'd put Animal Style In-N-Out fries over most of the fries on this list because nobody else has that option and every other place is wildly inconsistent with their fries. They also pair well with the Double Double which is the best fast food burger in its price range.

Also if I'm at a Del Taco, Carl's Jr, or Arby's it's because a road sign just told me it's the only food for a hundred miles and I'm famished or America is like three days into the apocalypse.

I have little doubt that if you asked many of these other places to just pile shit on top of your fries they would do it. Are you enjoying the fries that way or just enjoying the toppings though in spite of the fries?

Also, I prefer inconsistency to consistently being dogshit. Consistency is a bad thing in this context.

At least animal style kind of covers up the horrible taste and texture of the fries, but you can only dress dog shit up so much.

May 9, 2022
Florida
I knew McDonald's would get top billing, but I hate McDonald's fries. Then I looked at the top 15 and realized that maybe McDonald's is better than all of them. Fast food fries are just all terrible.

I pretty much only eat fries at Greek places these days. Hard pass on all these.

Culver's has crinkle fries, the universal worst fry, and if you sprinkle Greek seasoning on them they are the best fry in the world. I cannot explain it.