Carlius

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
ya the beta is more like an alpha...no way they fix this mess before release. at least thank you for inviting me to the beta, it just convinced me to not buy the game until its fixed at LEAST.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
The excuse I always heard with their engine was the persistence and interactivity of objects in the world they didn't want to change but shouldn't really matter all things considered if they wanted to improve things and keep those aspects.

I think it basically boils down to not wanting to put the time in to improve things which would impact their game development. Say, they are doing Elder Scrolls and Starlight in this crap engine, to put in the work and expertise into a new engine Bethesda probably think, nah let's not.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Lol the game isn't going to bomb cause of the engine, Fallout has been a buggy mess since Fallout 3 and sold just fine

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Its not like this is their first game. This is one of the biggest devs out there and alot of PC focus also.

They're 400 people total across all their studios and not all of them are working on this. It's a fallacy to treat them like they're huge. They're half the size of Bungie and Bioware and a little less in size than 343. I think that explains the quality difference between Bungie and what 343 and Bethesda put out.

I just think it's unfair to Bethesda to keep expecting Ubisoft, Bungie or Blizzard quality from them.

That doesn't excuse releasing this game in the mess it's shaping up to be.

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
If you think about it, for the work needed to bring things to say a Witcher/Rockstar quality, you probably wouldn't see a Fallout/Elder Scrolls/Starlight until 2025. Bethesda have screwed themselves by letting the problem linger, they'll need to do something eventually but it means breaking things hard.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens when Bethesda is continually given a pass for their broken games... DF pointed out that certain bugs that have existed since FO4 or even earlier in this engine haven't been fixed either.

tr1b0re

Oct 17, 2018
Trinidad and Tobago
If you think about it, for the work needed to bring things to say a Witcher/Rockstar quality, you probably wouldn't see a Fallout/Elder Scrolls/Starlight until 2025. Bethesda have screwed themselves by letting the problem linger, they'll need to do something eventually but it means breaking things hard.

Honestly I'd be okay waiting for that if the quality we get out of it was comparable to Rockstar or CD Projekt

garion333

Oct 27, 2017

I think they're neck deep in new engine development and hopefully it's not an iteration on Creation/Gamebryo. This game was their hold over title to fill the gap. They had a MP studio in Texas that failed at making a game, but had mp architecture stuff while the MD studio had an engine they were well versed in. They married the two and came up with this in a few years. I think it makes sense, even if I honestly believe the launch should be delayed at least a month and the beta extended.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell have they done to my favourite franchise? They should have tried all their nonsense on Elder Scrolls and given Fallout to Obsidian to handle. Hopefully, MS makes good use of Obsidian, but I have little faith.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I think they're neck deep in new engine development and hopefully it's not an iteration on Creation/Gamebryo. This game was their hold over title to fill the gap. They had a MP studio in Texas that failed at making a game, but had mp architecture stuff while the MD studio had an engine they were well versed in. They married the two and came up with this in a few years. I think it makes sense, even if I honestly believe the launch should be delayed at least a month and the beta extended.

Probably. I guess the advantage of Bethesda working on a new engine is they're never going to run into the Square Enix/Crystal Tools fiesta of constantly changing specs on what sort of game they want the engine built for. Their games are a type and in that sense it's basically the next-generation of the sorts of stuff they've been doing for years. I don't know how much of an issue it would be for them but I imagine they also want to make sure it's as mod friendly as Creation/Gamebryo because it's...like their hallmark on PC.

a916

Oct 25, 2017

They can work concurrently on a new engine or use a better existing one.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
https://kotaku.com/fallout-76-betas-physics-are-tied-to-its-framerate-1830140345

according to this bethesda will fix it when the game launches.

So, we know that they can make it work with 90 fps based on fallout 4 vr. I wonder if they will actually properly support high refresh rate or just hard lock it to 60.

But crazy how long this issue existed in Beth games but they only got around to doing something about it. Man, we really should have made more noise about things like this instead of just letting the community fix everything.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
They do good work for such a small development team, but man are these bugs getting more and more ridiculous. I feel a game like this, which already ventures away from the core niche Bethesda has been able to rely on, might erode a lot of the goodwill surrounding the technical faults.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Fallout 4 was broken at high framerates, so this doesn't surprise me.

I'm done with Gamebryo games, won't spend another dime on them. Bethesda can dress up the engine and rename it whatever they like, it's still the same shit engine at its core.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck me for buying this off someone in the BST for 40 bucks
The seller:
tenor.gif

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got a feeling the longevity of this game is going to be stifled by some pretty dubious design decisions.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
My interest in this game went from pretty exciting at the reveal to complete apathy right now.
It still looks like it could be fun, but wtf is going on?

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
This game will be a neverending loop of people finding exploits and Bethesda having to patch them. I am interested to see how long they stick with this one

Deleted member 27234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So, we know that they can make it work with 90 fps based on fallout 4 vr. I wonder if they will actually properly support high refresh rate or just hard lock it to 60.

I suspect the latter as it's the easiest (and quickest) route. I also suspect that this is the first and last time they do a beta of any kind.

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda doesn't deserve anyone's money for this shit. I just feel bad for the lowly dev worker and the victims that buy this.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a good speedrun strat to me, reminds me of goldeneye 64 speedrun strat

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I think the concept is solid. But they really need more powerful hardware, and for the love of God, an updated game engine to pull it off. I'll be passing on 76.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I think the concept is solid. But they really need more powerful hardware, and for the love of God, an updated game engine to pull it off. I'll be passing on 76.
It can be done on current hardware, it's really just their engine that is not up to the task. I mean, hell, it's already severely limited as a single player game engine, much less online.

They are probably the only dev making open world games where you cannot make working ladders. Ladders! smh...

7thFloor

Oct 27, 2017
U.S.
Bethesda doesn't really have a great excuse for this sort of thing but the performance was excellent for me, no bugs yet either, my only real complaint so far is that there are no fov options and there's some sort of shitty mouse acceleration that you cant turn off, the beta has been a lot of fun so far.