OP
OP
RedRum

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
You build your own. Those crafting areas are meant to be contested PvP zones for gathering certain materials.

You can turn on pacifist mode and you won't accidentally shoot other people.

Ah. I see! I know in the quest it guided me towards a cooking pot. Not sure if I could have went to another one, but this one seemed specific. There were about 15 people standing around waiting and obviously, none of us were PvP level yet.

I think I'm done with Fallout threads for the time being, too many drive-by shitposts.

It's unfortunate man, that decent impressions get muddled in the bullshit.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Performance was ok on the X. Def felt like it was just FO4 with multi though.
Gonna play it after I put the kids to bed.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Game just crashed.

Overall it feels like Fallout, with people running around doing the same shit as you.

dabs furiously

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
theres a stream of a guy watching youtube videos of fo76 with his girlfriend

might sub

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
There must be a bug with team stuff in this building because it completely locked me out of going a server for a while until I left the team I was on

zou

Oct 29, 2017
Some impressions:

Performance is bad
Graphics are ok
A lot of pop-in
Each time you access a container it loads ...
FOV is too low
Controls are floaty/jerky

Crafting stations can only be used by a single person at a time. There's 3 players near by, and I had to wait each time to access the weapon and armor crafting stations.

Overall a big mess.

Hero Prinny

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found a vault, vault 94. Its located to the north east, to the right of the pumpkin batch on the map. Idk how to get in it but theres a lot of vegetiation outside of it

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
No. Pacifist mode can be turned on anytime and it's meant for you not to initiate PvP with someone. They can still shoot you for minimal damage unless you turn off pacifist mode and fire back then it's a full damage fight.

ah, i remember watching a video (i think it was MATN?) and it turned off at lvl 5. guess he did it on purpose then

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
ah, i remember watching a video (i think it was MATN?) and it turned off at lvl 5. guess he did it on purpose then
There is no PvP at all till level 5 to keep new players from getting killed. But at Level 5 Pacifist can be enabled. You can still get shot by people it just means you won't damage anyone. It was done mostly so someone looking for PvP couldn't jump in front of your bullets while you were killing a mob and trigger you for PvP.

Kenagain

Oct 27, 2017
Is this working for everyone? The start screen just says "waiting..." for me?

This blows I'm just stuck at the start menu

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The framerate gets pretty bad on the XB1X sometimes. I don't know if it's X enhanced or not, but it has HDR. The landscape is very pretty. V.A.T.S. feels awkward and slippery, I'll have to get used to it.

I left the vault and there was a blue-ish black screen. I could bring up my Pip-boy and hear world sounds, but couldn't see anything else. I had to delete my character and start over, which took only a few minutes.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
There is no PvP at all till level 5 to keep new players from getting killed. But at Level 5 Pacifist can be enabled. You can still get shot by people it just means you won't damage anyone. It was done mostly so someone looking for PvP couldn't jump in front of your bullets while you were killing a mob and trigger you for PvP.

Yeah thats smart. I can totally see people jumping into line of fire to abuse the system without it.

Robert81

Nov 2, 2017
I got bored playing it after 90 mins. The quests I was playing was so boring. Go fetch this and that. Dumb missions so far.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Really? I thought it was a Powerpoint Presentation.

kZ7OWK.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Andrew Reiner commented on twitter that the lore and world building wasn't as strong here as previous games but there are terminals and tapes galore that are filling in the story. Maybe I misunderstood him.

Really the only thing that stands out differently from previous fallouts is the combat which makes sense on account of this being an online game.

Sinder

Banned
Jul 24, 2018
The one positive thing I can say about this game is that its open world looks immediately more appealing than Fallout 4's, which isn't really a high bar to clear as that was the most boring open world Bethesda has ever done.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Disagree I think it's going to be huge, just not with the Era crowd.

Even the most casual crowd can see how bland and boring this is. The 5th or 500th fetch quest won't change that.
Even such a big IP as Fallout can fail, a lot of other huge IPs has shown this in the past.
I will probably buy and play it too and will get my 20-80 hours of fun out of it and that's fine, but I also don't see any big potential so far. It looks and feels like a trainwreck that doesn't know what it wants to be and for which audience it wants to be for.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
It's using the Fallout 4 engine, we all know the performance is going to be shit on console.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I can see me and my buddy putting 100+ hours into this. It's buggy, messy, but it's fun

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
Is this 4K on the X? How does it look in HDR?

Debating between the X and PC versions but if it doesn't look too hot I'll just get it on PC.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Me. Light survival elements, Non KoS PvP and co op in a Bethesda built world. Now you understand.

I mean it's great that you feel this direction is exactly what you want, nothing against that, but that doesn't change the fact that it seems like that this "Bethesda World" is just empty with only fetch quests and zero story and just nothing that makes it interesting or special in any way.
Even someone like you who likes such a light (bland) survival gameplay with nothing pvp related that can hurt you in any way, will get bored to death if you have less do to than in vanilla No Man's Sky.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's great that you feel this direction is exactly what you want, nothing against that, but that doesn't change the fact that it seems like that this "Bethesda World" is just empty with only fetch quests and zero story and just nothing that makes it interesting or special in any way.
Even someone like you who likes such a light (bland) survival gameplay with nothing pvp related that can hurt you in any way, will get bored to death if you have less do to than in vanilla No Man's Sky.
Lack of NPCs doesn't mean empty. I've read impressions about quests that are more than "fetch this". I enjoyed survival games but got tired of losing my shit daily. Being able to quest, farm materials, build up a base I won't lose every night and build weapons I won't drop upon death all seem like a good change of pace after hundreds of hours of Rust, H1Z1 and Dayz.

The PvP modes sound good to me. Assassination, bountry hunting murderes, world pvp events and battling over workshops sound much more fun than shooting players running away from me in the back.

Not sure where you get the impression there is nothing to do in this game and there is no story when lore is everywhere just not presented to you by human NPCs.

On paper the game sounds great to me. Performance aside none of the impressions have given me a reason to think the world is dead and the quests are boring and I've watched hours of footage. If it ends up sucking so be it but at this point I'm still prettying excited.

Robert81

Nov 2, 2017
So I see I'm not the only person that thinks this game is boring. I hoping the final release has a better story . What I played so far their not really a story. I love every fallout game. I will still buy this game