8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
How does Bethesda keep fucking up on such a fundamental level with this game, over and over and over again?

Because Bethesda.

They've refused to evolve and change and persistent bugs and problems have followed them through two generations of consoles. This is exactly what the management team deserves, and I'm sorry for anyone under them working on this game who will have to leave it off of their resume.

Deleted member 10314

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a nightmare that you can't wake up from. Except when you wake up, you'll hear "ah, you're finally awake..." Todd, you son of a bitch.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
So much for that "dedicated" hardware some defended yesterday.
Wait, so they saw all the empty F76 instances on their servers as the player base had shrunk so much and decided to monetize them by renting them as private servers to the people still playing?
Yeah there was a real defense force out across the internet, claiming this and now it looks like Layla here is right

When did EA buy them?

Oct 27, 2017
Do they not test these things before going live?! Wtf...

Bethesda looking at bug reports by QA/Testers:
DenseGleefulDutchshepherddog-size_restricted.gif

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
It's like if you bought a new car and right off the lot the transmission slips. You've now had it in the shop over and over throughout the last year. You've now been upsold new tires that have balled, new seats that ripped and a new steering wheel that turns out is made of graham crackers. You got a call this week that for the low low price of almost double what you originally paid you could have a great new high end gps/entertainment system installed that will work for 1 year. For some reason you say yes and after installation you find out the GPS is a printout of a Google map, and the entertainment system deletes all your music.

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
Man, I'd like to be a fly on the wall inside the offices of Bethesda when it comes down to the inception and execution of stuff like this.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't understand how Bethesda is failing to reset digital instances of worlds. I mean, it's not like a hotel where house keeping has to come in and swap out the sheets.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is why this was so wrong for Fallout 76 while being fine for TES Online. This is just embarrassing at this point.

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I was one of the people cautiously optimistic, and fine with eating crow and being wrong about it. Bethesda has proven unable to get it done and saved me money.

Just because people like myself were curious and/or down for the concept doesn't mean we (I) can't admit when wrong and such. I think that's healthy for conversation and discussion on topics like this.

A shame though, if this HAD worked I might have tried it, but as of now just like the launch I'll be waiting until the 2 year update where things work to even possibly look this game's direction again. They almost had me thinking they were trying to make this right.
I'm mostly just teasing, don't worry.

I think cautious optimism is a good thing, just not with a company that has Bethesda's track record.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, i remember! "People are not understanding, it's PRIVATE SERVERS!!! And for that price they are even cheap!!!"

LOL

Even worse, they were calling it dedicated servers, like something out of competent video game. It was obvious that Bethesda was reselling empty instances.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I'm mostly just teasing, don't worry.

I think cautious optimism is a good thing, just not with a company that has Bethesda's track record.
There was a specific poster saying anyone who was even looking into it had mental problems so at this point it's hard to tell haha.

Either way it's good to see they stuck the landing in absurdity again.

ChrisJSY

Oct 29, 2017
I knew it was going to be some bullshit.

Seriously, they are just taking what's already FREE for everyone, locking it off to you and your friends and calling it a day.
This has just highlighted how fucking scummy they've gone about it, you are literally not paying for something new or extra, other than a tick box to prevent others joining you on an already spooled instance.

Then taking away all your time spent and deleting things, apparently.

Yeah, i remember! "People are not understanding, it's PRIVATE SERVERS!!! And for that price they are even cheap!!!"

LOL

This happens all the time, for decades, it doesn't matter how many examples you can give of games doing this.
Give it a few months and people forget - because people like you and me that aren't in the industry couldn't possibly know better. /s

Of course we fucking do.
It was the same for Anthem, oh my GOD the amount of people who saw through the bullshit before anyone had even got their hands on it was astonishingly accurate. Sometimes, just sometimes you can actually see through all the smoke and see what devs/publishers are up to, but you will always get people defending it.

Get ready for "it was a bug" / boilerplate response.

Last edited:

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if these were actual private dedicated servers I could understand. As soon as they said that they disappear when you log out I knew there would be problems. How do they continually mess this game up so badly lol.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I honestly have no idea why people would still give them money for anything related Fallout 76.
It's mind blowing to me.
the sad thing is that they do this shit because they make money out of it.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Remember the people in the last thread defending this as though it would work?

Good times.

I don't think I've ever seen a "taunt to get bodied" go this epicly bad.

Like I don't even wanna laugh, because it's legitimately fucking ridiculous that Bethesda's fucking over its fans so fucking brazenly like this.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Fallout 76: The gift that keeps on giving.

Can the gaming community please petition that it gets named the worst game of 2019? The fact it was released in 2018 should not be a factor in the LIVE SERVICE era.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
When they said the instance wouldn't stay up unless there's subscribers in it, i knew they were doing some cheap shit to avoid giving people an actual dedicated server. I didn't expect expect to be bugged on top of that though!

This is basically a video game timeshare.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who wants to bet that the big update with NPCs gets cancelled after suckering away people's money over the next year.

Honome

Jan 10, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
I knew it was going to be some bullshit.

Seriously, they are just taking what's already FREE for everyone, locking it off to you and your friends and calling it a day.
This has just highlighted how fucking scummy they've gone about it, you are literally not paying for something new or extra, other than a tick box to prevent others joining you on an already spooled instance.

Then taking away all your time spent and deleting things, apparently.

This happens all the time, for decades, it doesn't matter how many examples you can give of games doing this.
Give it a few months and people forget - because people like you and me that aren't in the industry couldn't possibly know better. /s

Of course we fucking do.
It was the same for Anthem, oh my GOD the amount of people who saw through the bullshit before anyone had even got their hands on it was astonishingly accurate. Sometimes, just sometimes you can actually see through all the smoke and see what devs/publishers are up to, but you will always get people defending it.

Get ready for "it was a bug" / boilerplate response.

You know, the worst thing is that Fallout 76 could really be a good game, some people are still playing and enjoying it nowadays. But Bethesda, instead of try to turn thing around since the disastrous launch, keeps only trying to explore the people that are playing the game and try to find new ways to take more money from them. And that behavior is inexcusable for me, they deserve nothing but a fuck off from their old time fans.

May 8, 2018
Wait they added a paid subscription option instead of fixing the damn game? I haven't played in god 6 months now. WTF. Such a shame this game had so much potential and yet it's still a mess and getting worse.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It is safe to say that Bethesda is not a good game developer, but actually a bad game developer? That they are not good are making games?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm more amazed by the bugs...or that some players actually paid for this subscription!?

Why on earth would they be re-using world's!? It's all digital!? Surely you just wipe the save file and the server loads a new game. It's got to be a bug.