Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
TES is my second most beloved franchise and I don't even want to think about TES VI with current day Bethesda

why are you like this

There is less to worry about when a franchise sells in the 10s of millions. They have a studios faith, unlike a spin-off like 76. Starfield on the other hand, as a new IP, will absolutely be a testing ground for post launch monetization.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really have no idea why gamers are so religiously devoted to this series that they'll blindly dump money into any bin with a Fallout label in it

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
There is less to worry about when a franchise sells in the 10s of millions. They have a studios faith, unlike a spin-off like 76. Starfield on the other hand, as a new IP, will absolutely be a testing ground for post launch monetization.
Yeah, I hope so too. I still play Skyrim regularly so there's no way I'll pass up on TES VI unless it's worse than Fallout 76 somehow, lol. Starfield, on the other hand, I have zero hype for it. I like the premise of a full-on open world RPG on space, but I can't get excited when they haven't shown anything and their actions with their current hot title are beyond terrible. Hopefully they surprise me in a good way - I really want TES VI to be good. I really do.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
It's kinda impressive how 76 fucked up damn near everything it does. Canvas bag actually being a crappy plastic one, the information of those they scammed for said bag being easily accessed by others. The Nuka Cola Bottles being a ugly plastic shells instead of glass as they had made it seem. One of the limited edition Power Armor Helmets being potentially lethal, due to toxic mold on some of the fabric. This.

TheChrisGlass

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I really have no idea why gamers are so religiously devoted to this series that they'll blindly dump money into any bin with a Fallout label in it
For Fallout 4, I bought way too much. Exclusive Bethesda store art books. Special one-off Loot Crate. Ulimate edition of the game. Nuclear Warhead-shaped collection of previous titles. I went all in.

I had FO76's bullshit edition reserved until they published their apology letter and the beta on the PC was super buggy. What company does that? It basically TOLD US not to buy the game. People still bought it.

Wamapoke

Apr 11, 2018
Gotta hand it to Bethesda, this game has given me such entertainment and I've never once played it.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Why aren't they turning off instances WHEN THEY ARE EMPTY
I would love a technical explanation of this. Without knowing the specifics of the process, I would have just assumed that all server instances would reset upon being unpopulated. Does this suggest they created a set number at launch and they kept populating them at random in some kind of weird case of once the freshness seal is broken on an instance it can never be changed?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
The question is....who actually even bought this Fallout 1st bullshit. And I hope they got 1 month, and not a year....

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
brave of bethesda to go against the current market trends and make the first pay2lose subscription model

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Betheeeeesda

giphy.gif

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
No worries, they'll eventually fix those minor bugs after they introduce a battle pass system few months from now lol

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 76 has to be the greatest shit show ever.
- Dumpster Fire right out of the gate.
- $276 Fallout 76 jacket winds of being a piece of shit that looks nothing like what was advertised.
- $200 edition Fallout Canvas bag winds up being a cheapo nylon bag.
- Introduce a paid premium service that's a complete fuck up.

Nov 14, 2017
Who could have seen this coming

I for one thought it was an amazing idea to throw 99 dollars at this piece of shit
It would be more fun/enjoyable to take a 100$ bill and burn it.

But let's be honest, anybody that bought this, is an idiot. Bethesda has been fucking up this game since day 1, and some people would buy a shitty membership of 100$ a year for the game? lol

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
So, how does an indie studio like Hello Games with, like, 15 people manage to competently turn their game around in one of the biggest surprises of this gen, yet a literal gaming giant with multiple times the funds and people keeps on fucking up time after time with their most important product in recent memory?

images

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So, how does an indie studio like Hello Games with, like, 15 people manage to competently turn their game around in one of the biggest surprises of this gen, yet a literal gaming giant with multiple times the funds and people keeps on fucking up time after time with their most important product in recent memory?

images

Haha it's true . But I think it boils down to Hello Games really giving a shit and having to redeem themselves or else they'd forever be known as a failure and forgotten. Bethesda has such a loyal fan base they can release utter shit and it would still sell. I can't believe people even spent the $100 for this mess of an offering to begin with. There are people still playing 76 and Bethesda is still taking their money. That's just crazy to me with the amount of other options available.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
I would love a technical explanation of this. Without knowing the specifics of the process, I would have just assumed that all server instances would reset upon being unpopulated. Does this suggest they created a set number at launch and they kept populating them at random in some kind of weird case of once the freshness seal is broken on an instance it can never be changed?
It legitimately makes no sense. This means they are manually turning on and off servers. This is really really bad.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I hope so too. I still play Skyrim regularly so there's no way I'll pass up on TES VI unless it's worse than Fallout 76 somehow, lol. Starfield, on the other hand, I have zero hype for it. I like the premise of a full-on open world RPG on space, but I can't get excited when they haven't shown anything and their actions with their current hot title are beyond terrible. Hopefully they surprise me in a good way - I really want TES VI to be good. I really do.
I feel the same way about the next TES game. We're going to have waited for over a DECADE for the next one.I know ESO gave them little reason to make another mainline TES game quickly along with Skyrim's longevity, but the wait is beyond painful. We likely won't get the game until 2023 at the earliest and if it's a clunker then will we have to wait another 12 years? I'd be pretty disillusioned if it all turned out that way.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Anytime Fallout 76 fucks up, people like The Quartering, YongYea, Layman Gaming, Angry Joe, make like, another thousand dollars on youtube.
We aren't doing the whole "im outraged over outrage culture" thing are we? It's just fun to hate on things that are objectively bad. I get that some people find the negativity a bit tiresome sometimes but I think in Fallout 76's case, it's well earned.

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
It's like Fallout 76 needs the FF14 treatment. I can't see them salvaging this game otherwise. Hell, even if it was completely reworked, I'm not sure people would jump on this train again. Imagine how much lost trust and faith Bethesda'd have to regain... especially for this franchise.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

Lynda Carter is married to Robert Altman, CEO of ZeniMax.

They're best friends with rapist Leslie Moonves, who is also on ZeniMax's board of directors. To date, ZeniMax has refused to condemn him for his crimes and Lynda Carter has defended him publicly.

Also Donald Trump's brother is on the board. The one who says that Trump has been good for women and minorities.