Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Where are people getting this idea that the exhibits and content are replacing the tournaments for the original 8 games?

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
sf v has bad netcode as well so I dont think the real reason smash got cut is because of the netcode.

and sc vi netcode is absolutely awful at times. lol

Smash wishes it had SFV's netcode.

they probably wanted to have a full 16 person bracket

tenor.gif

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Exhibitions for the original lineup is certainly one way of attempting to let developers skate by with their half-assed online, anyway.
SFV's netcode is at least tolerable, especially thanks to the recent changes. It's not MvCI good, but it's better than most.
The changes to SFV made it unplayable for me. I typically can't even find matches at all now.

Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
i don't exactly blame them for not including power rangers because saban is a flaming pile of trash

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
You're telling me EVO's going to be making all of the netcode slackers show their balls on stream and there's going to be prime Skullgirls? Plus no Smash?!

Can we have a pandemic every year?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
SFV is actually playable.

sure when it wants to be. My friend and I have horrible experience playing SFV online And Soulcalibur VI I always search 3-5 connection and it lags 80% of the time. It really funny how these games are allowed. I can't wait to see all the lag so maybe then people will realize it is not just smash.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If anything, they could have thrown in ARMS if they wanted a Nintendo fighting game with decent netcode.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well deserved on Smash not being there. The worst online I've experienced with an FG since, well, Brawl.
sure when it wants to be. My friend and I have horrible experience playing SFV online And Soulcalibur VI I always search 3-5 connection and it lags 80% of the time. It really funny how these games are allowed. I can't wait to see all the lag so maybe then people whill not realize it is just smash.
Everyone knows that all of the FGs in the original lineup have questionable online at best. But Smash is on a whole other level. Besides, it seems that the original lineup has been replaced with exhibitions + content, and maybe not full on tournaments. The open tournaments are 4 games which very specifically have great online.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
But MvCI uses (correctly implemented) rollback as well, so it kinda sucks to see it not being included.
True, it's a shame that MvCI isn't getting its time in the sun.

I feel like maybe the answer is the obvious one, but I thought MVC2 was delisted a while ago?
I'd imagine getting 8 or so copies shouldn't be too hard. Either that or Capcom's sitting on a Marvel vs. Capcom Legacy Collection waiting to help out EVO Online.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I believe Ultradavid said that it had to be free, for legal reasons. Not sure though, so take it with a grain of salt.
That was speculation. It's possible they might not want to deal with all of the legal stuff for the different eligible regions, but I could see it happening, too.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I feel like maybe the answer is the obvious one, but I thought MVC2 was delisted a while ago?

As the original event was doing it's own thing for selection, it might be that they contacted players who still have the old version with online play (limits who can be there but it can still be done). If we're really lucky, MVC2 still being there means a new MVC2 port is on the way.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Great lineup! I hope this forces Capcom and Bamco to take rollback netcode more seriously next time around. As for the exhibitions, I expect that they'll fly people out and film those ahead of time. (Similiar to how Capcom USA handled the US Street Fighter League.)