• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The event nodes are easier than they usually are and drop epic catalysts, not sure I get the complaints. Sure Sol costs a lot but he's a really good 5*, and if you don't want to grind you get a copy from the story at the end anyways. I do think getting him to 6* from the free copies is a good idea for new players though. Freed up 2 spots on my list - if you need help add Mupod7, I have multiple characters up that have no trouble in the 30 energy node. Just tested my Baiken and she did it on auto very quickly with an ungeared healer and 2 fodder + friend unit.

Bookmark rewards from reputation.
Ah ok, so it's similar to getting star quartz for bond levels in FGO.

Sent you a friend request as well.
you are either grinding catalysts, wyvern 11, or events.
New player question: why is Wyvern preferred over the others?

Oct 25, 2017

Speed set. You can generally flood your other stats to the point where they are reaching a point of diminishing returns using just the substats on a speed set, but speed never reaches a diminishing point, and is the hardest stat to raise

Then it also drops Crit Set, which is generally paired with Speed set

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

All three sets are useful and can be used on a variety of roles; speed in general is useful and can be hard to get for the same value as the set bonus/or boots with main stat speed. For PVP some tiers are just a speed meta. Also the way Wyvern 11 is setup it can be easier to farm than Wyvern 9/10 once you get to it, the same can't be said for the other hunts.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I'm not too fussed about the event grind, but I'm in a comfortable position where I have both artifacts and get 75 triangle tokens per hell run where I slowly level my Baiken to 50.
Running on Hell cuts the stamina cost by a factor of 4 per event token, compared to easy (don't grind on easy, geez).
Once Baiken's maxed, I'll probably just run with fodder.

I think the grind for the extra Sol copy is harsh for new players, but so is grinding out a 5* Phantasm (which this boils down to).
There's probably more worthwhile things to spend stamina on than maxing out tournament, I'll personally just do it because I can. But you shouldn't if you're starting out and want to progress story instead for quest rewards. There will be other ways to get artifact charms.

I'm more disappointed that they only unlocked normal mode for now.
Like someone mentioned before, these tournament battles are nothing. I was hoping they'd make challenging fights forcing you into specific team comps or setups. Like it is now, it's pretty boring.

Last edited:

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't see how it's supposed to attract new players, if some especially cares enough about sol to come in for that, they'll probably want him asap, but him out in the store is going to instantly burn them out.

The only enjoyable event I've played is the one that was done in 1st person with days passing and a dialogue only nodes, the rest just seem to boil down to 'do this 10 minute mediocre story and then grind the same node 24/7 to get stuff from the shop.' #

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how it's supposed to attract new players, if some especially cares enough about sol to come in for that, they'll probably want him asap, but him out in the store is going to instantly burn them out.

The only enjoyable event I've played is the one that was done in 1st person with days passing and a dialogue only nodes, the rest just seem to boil down to 'do this 10 minute mediocre story and then grind the same node 24/7 to get stuff from the shop.' #
Sounds like gacha.

The only problem with E7 is there's no 2x or skip. 2x would go a long way. They even teased 2x speed in a screenshot from a while back, but it's still not in.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The Diene event was impeccable on all fronts, and came sort out of nowhere. This one has been hyped up for months, and turns out to be mediocre at best. It sucks because we all know they can do better.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The Diene event was impeccable on all fronts, and came sort out of nowhere. This one has been hyped up for months, and turns out to be mediocre at best. It sucks because we all know they can do better.
I'm still on the train of thought that this got dumped on them and they had to pump it out. They have all these characters and content in the game files but they had to shelve it all because Smilegate got the collab for them.

I expect some big things after this event. Pets, 2x speed, lots of QoL changes, story 2, co-op PVE content like raids and world bosses, etc.

I hope.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
the game is entirely built on being a grindfest. Its not like this grind is minor walking through Hell getting 69 currency a run. So if the grind isnt palatable to you now it doesnt really ever change.
This is kind of where I'm at too. I'm not enjoying the fact that I'm always staring at doing hundreds of runs grinding *something* or staring at a horribly tiny inventory that needs premium currency to expand because I need a ton of inventory space just to help myself grind something.

The game does seem entirely built around making you do hundreds of runs for something, so that you can do hundreds of runs of something else, before moving on to do hundreds of runs doing... You get the idea.

I think I might just treat this like an idle game or something, or only do the things I feel like doing. All this grind is not my thing.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You should just expand your inventories to the max. It's not very expensive and the game showers you in skystones.

But yes, you should only do what you want to do. People banging their heads against the wall running hundreds and hundreds of stages on Normal to unlock Sol are just going to burn out. On Hell you only need to run the stages like 100 times to unlock Sol in the store AND the tournament in these two weeks. 100 stages on auto in two weeks isn't bad, especially when you're bringing fodder. The grind gets way less. It's only insane if you're new and running on normal.

I agree they didn't think about that with this event, but again, you don't NEED multiple copies of Sol. You will get one in two weeks just by beating the stage once. It's only to save some wolves and a really bad memory imprint. I would just go for maybe one copy while leveling fodder and ignore the rest. I would ignore the tournament entirely if you don't feel up to it. The reward per stamina is low.

It's a poorly planned event, but others are better and as you play the time required goes down a ton. Once you get to the point where you have dozens of common catalysts, you don't even buy those in the store. Throw in that most events don't have a 2000+ point item to buy, and yeah, it's just this event that sucks, and especially sucks for new people. It's a real shame they didn't plan it out.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'd still say if you ignored the meta end-game and just wanted to enjoy the game as a once through experience it is worth it. I really enjoyed my time working through the challenging Abyss, Labyrinth, World Difficulty, and Raid fights. It does require some grinding to do that, to maybe level 60 2-3 characters. But the grinding we're all doing with this event now is entirely unnecessary to enjoy the base game. Most people are just grinding out to min/max characters for high end PvP, Abyss 80+, or Hell raid. New players shouldn't feel rushed to do these events and probably shouldn't partake in them unless they really want to do some idle farming (I farm a lot while watching TV, playing other games, even reading books).

You don't need to buy all the epic catalysts from the shop, unless you want to 6* awaken a character, which is probably the worst bang for buck investment in the game. +6% health could easily be found on a piece of gear.

I agree they didn't think about that with this event, but again, you don't NEED multiple copies of Sol. You will get one in two weeks just by beating the stage once. It's only to save some wolves and a really bad memory imprint. I would just go for maybe one copy while leveling fodder and ignore the rest. I would ignore the tournament entirely if you don't feel up to it. The reward per stamina is low.

Yeah, I mean people are already beating Golem 11 with Sol at Level 50. He's a great unit as is.

That all being said Chopchop and not to discourage you, but by the time you are ready to tackle the most difficult content there will have been new characters released that you can go after then. Like people are saying, Baiken isn't super great, and you could low effort the event to just get Sol from the story reward. Maybe Dizzy will be worth it, but grinding out records doesn't make sense right now unless you want to heavily invest in Baiken with the catalysts from the shop. if Dizzy turns out awesome and you pull her and want to fully awaken her, then yeah maybe grind out her currency. But definitely pick and choose your battles here.

The worst thing you can do in a Gacha is try to extend yourself to far to tackle content too early. Right now these Side Stories are geared (stupidly) towards teams that can auto Hell.

I really hate that this event is discouraging new players from what is a fantastic game at it's base and I'm part of the problem with the complaining, so trying to make a positive post here :)

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
This event is just a glorified Side Story and that's a bummer. I was hoping it was gonna be something like the Valentine's event.

At least I like the units.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
So who should I six stars first? Angelica or Destina?
I have 3 6stars so far. Cecilia, Sez and Luna. Basically a Tank, AoE DPS and a single target DPS, just need a healer but I'm undecided between Angelica and Destina.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
The worst thing you can do in a Gacha is try to extend yourself to far to tackle content too early. Right now these Side Stories are geared (stupidly) towards teams that can auto Hell.

That's the part that's the most frustrating, it feels like literally no thought was given to people who might be DRAWN to the game by the Guilty Gear event. You basically need to have a multiple months old account to even stand a chance of doing Hard or Hell, which is the exact opposite of how a widely-marketed collaboration event should be handled.

Gacha games generally do collabs to bring in and (hopefully) capture new players, rather than specifically reward people who're already invested for their time (anniversaries are there for that), and this event feels like it was done completely backwards as a result.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got enough copies of the artefact for one max limit break now, and that's good enough for me. Grinding for tournament currency isn't incredibly exciting, so I am in no rush to get back to it. I still got more than 3000 of it to farm for, which doesn't really get me going.

So Catissa slaps with Durandal, how come nobody recommends that combination at all? She's all utility anyway, and benefits greatly of the CR. El's Fist cannot compare, I don't think.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
So uhh....

PR8SNNl.png

That happened on three mystic pulls. I don't even like PVP how do I build/position this guy lol.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really about to just give up on the challenger event I've been doing hell difficulty all day and it still hasnt dropped the artifact I feel like im just wasting stamina at this point.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
You should just expand your inventories to the max. It's not very expensive and the game showers you in skystones.

But yes, you should only do what you want to do. People banging their heads against the wall running hundreds and hundreds of stages on Normal to unlock Sol are just going to burn out. On Hell you only need to run the stages like 100 times to unlock Sol in the store AND the tournament in these two weeks. 100 stages on auto in two weeks isn't bad, especially when you're bringing fodder. The grind gets way less. It's only insane if you're new and running on normal.

It's a poorly planned event, but others are better and as you play the time required goes down a ton. Once you get to the point where you have dozens of common catalysts, you don't even buy those in the store. Throw in that most events don't have a 2000+ point item to buy, and yeah, it's just this event that sucks, and especially sucks for new people. It's a real shame they didn't plan it out.
The nice thing is that I finally hit 600 bookmarks, so now I feel free to start spending stones on those inventory/roster expansions. That'll help, though I still think it's utterly (and deliberately) stupid that upgrade materials take up regular inventory spots.

I can't do anything tougher than Normal, so maybe I should just stop grinding there. I don't even like Sol, though he would help my team if I had him.

I'd still say if you ignored the meta end-game and just wanted to enjoy the game as a once through experience it is worth it. I really enjoyed my time working through the challenging Abyss, Labyrinth, World Difficulty, and Raid fights. It does require some grinding to do that, to maybe level 60 2-3 characters. But the grinding we're all doing with this event now is entirely unnecessary to enjoy the base game. Most people are just grinding out to min/max characters for high end PvP, Abyss 80+, or Hell raid. New players shouldn't feel rushed to do these events and probably shouldn't partake in them unless they really want to do some idle farming (I farm a lot while watching TV, playing other games, even reading books).

You don't need to buy all the epic catalysts from the shop, unless you want to 6* awaken a character, which is probably the worst bang for buck investment in the game. +6% health could easily be found on a piece of gear.

Yeah, I mean people are already beating Golem 11 with Sol at Level 50. He's a great unit as is.

That all being said Chopchop and not to discourage you, but by the time you are ready to tackle the most difficult content there will have been new characters released that you can go after then. Like people are saying, Baiken isn't super great, and you could low effort the event to just get Sol from the story reward. Maybe Dizzy will be worth it, but grinding out records doesn't make sense right now unless you want to heavily invest in Baiken with the catalysts from the shop. if Dizzy turns out awesome and you pull her and want to fully awaken her, then yeah maybe grind out her currency. But definitely pick and choose your battles here.

I really hate that this event is discouraging new players from what is a fantastic game at it's base and I'm part of the problem with the complaining, so trying to make a positive post here :)
Hopefully DIzzy will be decent to good, yes.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
l3locNF.png

back to back, and even more fucked up, it was my last 2 mystic summons. Spent somewhere around 7k mystic medals and got no other 5*s, and finally when I'm all cashed out, boom.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Speed set. You can generally flood your other stats to the point where they are reaching a point of diminishing returns using just the substats on a speed set, but speed never reaches a diminishing point, and is the hardest stat to raise

Then it also drops Crit Set, which is generally paired with Speed set
For the record, this game does not have diminishing returns. It has hard caps that are by and large almost impossible to hit (except for crit chance, thanks to crit chance necklaces) but diminishing returns are not a thing. What it DOES have is an optimal stat spread thanks to synergy, i.e. having a certain amount of defense AND HP is always going to be better than going all-in on either defense OR HP in terms of raw survivability (though skills scaling on these stats will change the calculus to some degree - you'll generally want to go with whatever stat scales your skills), and likewise with attack vs crit chance and crit damage, but there is never a point where each point of attack gives you less return, or each point of defense gives you less return. Mathematically every point is as good as the last.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Cleared 10-10 and got Celestial Mercedes from my first moonlight summon, she seems fun! Being able to level up her memory imprint for free is awesome too

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I was looking at the skill data spreadsheet from Reddit and I saw Iseria's S3 has an att_rate of 2. Does that mean that if she was built as a damage dealer it would hit for a good amount, or am I misunderstanding the damage equation? (I don't have her and I know she's meant to be a support, just trying to get an understanding of the mechanics).

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I was looking at the skill data spreadsheet from Reddit and I saw Iseria's S3 has an att_rate of 2. Does that mean that if she was built as a damage dealer it would hit for a good amount, or am I misunderstanding the damage equation? (I don't have her and I know she's meant to be a support, just trying to get an understanding of the mechanics).

You could make her a decent sub-dps, but not to the level of some heroes focused on it, like Luna, Lorina, Cidd or Cermia.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
l3locNF.png

back to back, and even more fucked up, it was my last 2 mystic summons. Spent somewhere around 7k mystic medals and got no other 5*s, and finally when I'm all cashed out, boom.

That doesn't instill me with confidence to save these things for a possible ML Luna. Hopefully by the time they release her something changes about this system.

Soulez

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for a new mobile game and saw this thread. Is the game friendly enough towards F2p folks?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a new mobile game and saw this thread. Is the game friendly enough towards F2p folks?

The rates are low but it gives out a lot of free currency and a free roll every day. Limited characters are guaranteed after 120 rolls (around a month of saving).

PVP is about as pay2win as any other gacha game's PVP unless you get lucky like me. But your wall there would be more playing catch-up with gear than just not having the OP heroes. There's ways to get decently high with a pretty budget team at least, thanks to characters like Cidd and Roozid.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's not bad as F2P but it is a Korean gacha game, that is to say, it is insanely grindy and improvement requires a lot of RNG. So quite often you will find you've burned your resources and time and have basically nothing to show for it.

Soulez

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the replies, I'll give it a shot. Growing tired of some of the other games that I play, so need a change of pace. Plus, I don't mind grindy.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone go on a revenge cycle with another player? Me and this one guy just keep beating each other, I think it is beneficial to both of us. He waited long enough on his last revenge chance to where the counter has reset to 0/3 today. I wonder if we can just keep doing this. The way I see it, if we can battle each other 3 times a day we can each gain 12 points and if we carry it through the entire month that's a lotta points.

Or is this just coincidence and he got matched up against me again?

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got my Sol last night, so at least some of the pressure has worn off for me. I don't have very good gear for him yet so his CP is about 18,000 at level 38, but he definitely feels like a WELCOME step up over Ravi, my only other Warrior.

Soulez

Oct 27, 2017
That makes sense, thanks.
Out of curiousity what other games have you been playing?

I'm currently playing SW:GoH, Titans: Uprising, and even Skylanders. But I've played over the years Puzzle and Dragon, Fate/Grand Order, Dragon Ball Z Dokkan Battle, Fire Emblem Heroes, Final Fantasy Brave, and a few other Final Fantasy/Kingdom Hearts games.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone go on a revenge cycle with another player? Me and this one guy just keep beating each other, I think it is beneficial to both of us. He waited long enough on his last revenge chance to where the counter has reset to 0/3 today. I wonder if we can just keep doing this.

Love blossoms on the battlefield.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
If you don't already have a team that can auto golem 11, You can make one with Sol as main dps, Tenebria as defense breaker, Idol Hazel and another red or green sub-dps.
If your priority is the Arena, then I'd suggest Baiken first.

Had to follow up on this, is there any danger of adding Aramintha to this? I also have Dingo who I think is at 50, don't think I need to push him to 60 as I'd just use him as support. Should I use Dingo or Aramintha in this?

Hazel
Tenebria
Sol
Aramintha

or

Hazel
Tenebria
Sol
Dingo

My fear with Dingo is that he would cause more counters from Golem, but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has some free friend slots atm I would appreciate an add if possible. Alkez in game. I don't really have a lot to offer atm though lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has some free friend slots atm I would appreciate an add if possible. Alkez in game. I don't really have a lot to offer atm though lol.

Sent, I've got pretty strong Luna, Baiken, Angelica, Lidica, and Chaos Axe units up for you to experiment with.

My Baiken is exceptionally powerful in her side-story. With a healer that can survive on its own (I'm using a 7k HP Destina with 800 defense and no mola's invested), she can carry fodder through Hell.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Got a perfect 85 epic crit helm for Sol, absolutely perfect and got it from the store. Saves me time in my Wyvern runs.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Good point:

Substats at +8 are

Attack - 7%
Crit Damage - 14% (Was looking to up this)
Health - 5% (Even if nothing rolls into this, I'll take anything to make him less squishy)
Speed - 7

I can hit 100% crit without chance on this one.

Nice! I'd be putting that on my Lidica for sure but hoping for speed.

I want to build up some gold and then I think I'm going to roll my 4000 or so stones on the store but buying bookmarks as I see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.